Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:18:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1680947 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #300 on: July 28, 2012, 02:22:02 AM »

I think Izzy have a lot of good shit post-Gn'R (Better than SIxx Am IMO). Good, simple rock n' roll, with that laidback Izzy-ness  yes

Some songs would be better with that extra touch, but that ain't no surprise since it's mainly one-man writing i guess....In a band other members probably contribute more and add extra elements, and in that way polish the riffs and pieces into something more....

But why is Izzy and Gn'R even discussed in this new album speculation thread? Is it any basis to believe he might be involved?
Not really.  I assume the idea comes from the fact that "Down By The Ocean" exists with Izzy, so if they can come up with one song, why not more?  Especially since he seems tight with the band these days.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #301 on: July 28, 2012, 05:45:26 AM »

i like izzys solo stuff.

just saying.
You're certainly not alone.  But the perceived attempt at downplaying DJ's songwriting ability isn't really illustrated by looking at their resumes over the last 5 years.  Obviously music is completely subjective, and I'm sure there are those who love Izzy's solo stuff and HATE Sixx AM, but you can't deny that DJ has had a hand in writing some pretty successful songs outside of GNR.  So why should we assume he can't do so WITH Axl?
dont get me wrong, i like sixx am too.
both are great songwriters.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #302 on: July 28, 2012, 08:48:28 AM »

So do we know when they will head to the studio???

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #303 on: July 28, 2012, 09:08:40 AM »

Doesn't Bumblefoot needs surgery for his shoulder? I thought I read that on here. If so, I would imagine they would go into the studio after he recovers.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #304 on: July 28, 2012, 12:46:30 PM »

Jarmo: In your opinon, which is more likely to happen first -- a brand new album, or a re-release of Chinese Democracy?

Thanks.

I'd like to ask this question too..

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
LuanVictor
Headliner

« Reply #305 on: July 28, 2012, 12:59:53 PM »

"@AgustinAxel
@FLebeis we want cd 2

@FLebeis
@AgustinAxel working on it!"
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #306 on: July 28, 2012, 02:07:02 PM »

"@AgustinAxel
@FLebeis we want cd 2

@FLebeis
@AgustinAxel working on it!"

Sounds good!

Hope they choose a more open approach to the next record. I can understand the secrecy leading up to CD given the massive expectations.

Maybe post some updates, using the website a little bit more. Videos from the recording sessions would be ace!

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
LuanVictor
Headliner

« Reply #307 on: August 02, 2012, 08:54:03 PM »

From a recent interview with Bumblefoot:

"Don't you miss composing in band context? Wouldn't you like to create new material with GNR guys? Did you record anything yet?

Yes, I miss writing as a band. My wish was that the band would get together for one week before every part of a tour would begin, and we write a song, record it, release it, play it on that leg of the tour, and keep doing this every time we start a new leg of a tour. If we did that, this band would have a brand new album done by now. When this tour ends, Frank (drums) and Tommy (bass) and I plan to get together and start writing some new music. Hopefully nothing will get in the way of doing that."

Great! I really want songs written by Bumblefoot, I love his solo work and his work at Chinese Democracy, he can compose amazing songs for GN'R.
I think they will release the CD leftovers soon and work in a new album by the current band.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #308 on: August 03, 2012, 08:27:15 AM »

yeah, Bumblefoot is solid. he can play amazing guitar, he can sing, he's a good songwriter, he can produce...

and he has a modern look at the music industry.
too bad they didn't releases songs before touring.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #309 on: August 06, 2012, 01:53:22 AM »

From a recent interview with Bumblefoot:

"Don't you miss composing in band context? Wouldn't you like to create new material with GNR guys? Did you record anything yet?

Yes, I miss writing as a band. My wish was that the band would get together for one week before every part of a tour would begin, and we write a song, record it, release it, play it on that leg of the tour, and keep doing this every time we start a new leg of a tour. If we did that, this band would have a brand new album done by now. When this tour ends, Frank (drums) and Tommy (bass) and I plan to get together and start writing some new music. Hopefully nothing will get in the way of doing that."

Great! I really want songs written by Bumblefoot, I love his solo work and his work at Chinese Democracy, he can compose amazing songs for GN'R.
I think they will release the CD leftovers soon and work in a new album by the current band.

I guess writing as a band is not that easy when the members live on opposite side of the continent (even though the technology have changed) . So if the NY-based members get together and write, it is great! Hope it's happening, because Bumble and Tommy are both great songwriters (sure Frank is too, but have nothing to relate to). And it totally shows that they're "all-in"  Smiley

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #310 on: August 06, 2012, 02:53:41 PM »

Jarmo: In your opinon, which is more likely to happen first -- a brand new album, or a re-release of Chinese Democracy?

Thanks.

Haven't read through the entire thread and am a bit out of the loop on current GN'R news.......

Why would they re-release Chinese Democracy?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #311 on: August 06, 2012, 03:31:49 PM »

Thanks.

Haven't read through the entire thread and am a bit out of the loop on current GN'R news.......

To release it with the proper artwork.

And hopefully a proper vinyl release without the distortion...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #312 on: August 06, 2012, 04:16:27 PM »

Thanks.

/jarmo

Ah, nice.

I hated how they killed the bass in the official release.  The demo versions of certain songs sound better.

I have the original vinyl version.  I'd probably buy the re-release if it ever came out.

Thx for the info.

westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #313 on: August 06, 2012, 04:44:11 PM »

Re-release of Chinese? Didn't know that was a possibility until now.....Awesome!

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #314 on: August 06, 2012, 04:56:39 PM »

I'd like to hear to a Naked version of the album, like Macca did for Let It Be

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #315 on: August 06, 2012, 05:34:29 PM »

Re-release of Chinese? Didn't know that was a possibility until now.....Awesome!

I don't know if it's a possibility. I personally wish it is.

The album deserves it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #316 on: August 06, 2012, 07:29:44 PM »

Just curious, how would a re-release version on vinyl be any different than the one available now ? Is there a problem with distortion on the current one ?
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #317 on: August 07, 2012, 09:21:49 AM »

Thanks.

/jarmo

I hope they release the How are You Grenade artwork...I've seen all of the scans from that allegedly fake version from back last year.

Just out of interest, Jarmo, are you positive those images that were posted here were fake? They are very convincing and could someone go to such lengths to create a bootleg of that quality?

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #318 on: August 09, 2012, 01:31:59 PM »

They're bootlegs in the sense that the band only intended to give some of them to "certain close" people.

They call it bootlegs because those guys are now selling it on ebay etc.... Selling something that isn't officially released by the band, can be considered a bootleg.

The images are all real...they simply weren't released on Chinese Democracy the way Axl wanted it to be. They were eventually released by fans that bought it and shared it.

Oh My God i cant deny this...
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #319 on: August 09, 2012, 04:35:17 PM »

I don't know if it's a possibility. I personally wish it is.

The album deserves it.

/jarmo

Don't really understand the point of re-releasing an album??

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: