Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:19:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1680973 times)
omgrunnn
Headliner

« Reply #280 on: July 16, 2012, 02:41:43 AM »

And yes like everybody else... in the past i tried to see if there was a way that i could hear songs before the album come out and it didn't work, just because i like my favorite band and I'm excited about the new album.

So in the past you tried to hear songs before they were released and you were unsuccessful yet you've heard unreleased songs for a possible new cd...get your story straight please  Cheesy

November 25th, 2006-Palace of Auburn Hills, Detroit
December 2nd, 2011-U.S. Bank Area, Cincinnati
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #281 on: July 16, 2012, 06:56:11 PM »

Times changed. The past is the past, the present is different!

Oh My God i cant deny this...
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #282 on: July 16, 2012, 07:43:35 PM »

As long as it's called, "To Our Best Fan, Slash'sbaconpit" I will not be disappointed.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
bicycle handgrenade
Headliner

« Reply #283 on: July 16, 2012, 11:24:30 PM »

Andre's posts are pure fantasy. They always have been. In one post, he'll claim to have heard "Oh My God, Silkworms, General, Seven, Soul Monster, Going Down and other songs" and then in another post on another board, he'll admit he's never heard anything and is a fraud. I just wish he would stop wasting people's time.
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #284 on: July 18, 2012, 11:44:20 PM »

Hoping for an EP to tide us over, goes back to a GNR tradition. Good way to find out how many people are actually going to buy their music, with or without a record label.
NickyGNR
Opening Act

« Reply #285 on: July 21, 2012, 06:05:58 AM »

Jarmo: In your opinon, which is more likely to happen first -- a brand new album, or a re-release of Chinese Democracy?

Thanks.
el_loko
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #286 on: July 21, 2012, 09:59:39 AM »

Second coming of Jesus.
bicycle handgrenade
Headliner

« Reply #287 on: July 23, 2012, 12:13:17 PM »

Axl seems to be very protective of new material and I don't expect there to be an EP or anything like that. I don't think we'll hear a new song until the band is close to being ready to release the next album. It would be nice though to get a live video and/or album of one of the recent shows in the meantime to hold us over. Perhaps one of the shows with Izzy?
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #288 on: July 23, 2012, 03:46:06 PM »

Axl seems to be very protective of new material and I don't expect there to be an EP or anything like that. I don't think we'll hear a new song until the band is close to being ready to release the next album. It would be nice though to get a live video and/or album of one of the recent shows in the meantime to hold us over. Perhaps one of the shows with Izzy?

I'm just going on past history - "Lies", "Civil War", "Knocking on Heavens Door" and "Oh My God" were all released way before the albums.

You're seeing artists put out a few new songs out if they're still working on new music, Rush put the two out from "Clockwork Angels" a year ago, and ZZ Top has an EP coming out, while they're working on their next CD. When Tool has a new song out, they sell a DVD of the video. 

It's def. possible he has songs he could release now.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #289 on: July 23, 2012, 11:51:43 PM »

Maybe Izzy will help write the next album?
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #290 on: July 27, 2012, 09:26:41 AM »

it is sure the best way to have some new Guns majors hits.
but Axl took DJ to write with him, so he made his choice, apparently

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #291 on: July 27, 2012, 02:06:10 PM »

You think it have to be one or the other? Did I miss it when it turned into American Idol?

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #292 on: July 27, 2012, 02:33:33 PM »

You think it have to be one or the other? Did I miss it when it turned into American Idol?

Izzy is an extreme mystery to me.  The stuff he wrote in Guns is beyond amazing as we all know.  But he is yet to produce ONE song since GNR that I can listen to all the way through without getting bored.  It just doesn't do it for me.  I own every Izzy solo album, and I never have the urge to listen to any of them.  Its strange since im  such a huge fan of Dust N Bones, 14 years, Double Talkin Jive etc.  That said I would love for Izzy to work with Axl again, as he has put out nothing but solid gold when he does.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #293 on: July 27, 2012, 02:50:27 PM »

Izzy is an extreme mystery to me.  The stuff he wrote in Guns is beyond amazing as we all know.  But he is yet to produce ONE song since GNR that I can listen to all the way through without getting bored.  It just doesn't do it for me.  I own every Izzy solo album, and I never have the urge to listen to any of them.  Its strange since im  such a huge fan of Dust N Bones, 14 years, Double Talkin Jive etc.  That said I would love for Izzy to work with Axl again, as he has put out nothing but solid gold when he does.

I actually might enjoy Izzy's material the most of the ex/current members since UYI, but I can see why you would say it's boring in comparison.
Lyrics were never his strong suit, but I think it's pretty clear that he brought the structure to GN'R. His solo material is all well crafted.
I think his latest work is getting a bit repetitive, but you can see why the chemistry all worked back then. Structure is one thing I think Chinese Democracy sorely lacked, along with that organic rock n' roll sound, which was traded in for  an over produced and modern pro tooled approach.
Izzy would certainly help in both departments.

I just can't imagine a scenario where he would fit in working with someone like Bumblefoot.
Both great players, but couldn't me more different stylistically. Not sure I need to hear a 4th to be honest, regardless of who.
Three guitarists is enough as it is.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #294 on: July 27, 2012, 04:01:32 PM »

With all due respect to Izzy, as others have pointed out, he hasn't exactly been a "hit-maker" since his GNR days.  DJ has a few "hits" to his credit over the last 4 years or so.  I'd still love to see what Axl could come up with Izzy, and DJ, and anyone else for that matter.  Izzy could always be used in a writing capacity like Paul Tobias has been in the past.  He wouldn't necessarily have to replace anyone or become a 4th guitarist.  Just contribute to the song writing and join the band when he feels like it.  I could see that as a working relationship for all parties.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #295 on: July 27, 2012, 04:05:52 PM »

i like izzys solo stuff.
and who rates musicans as hit songs writers/not hit song writers. pitbull has a ton of hit songs, dosent mean that hes any good to me.

just saying.  peace
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 04:10:23 PM by rebelhipi » Logged

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #296 on: July 27, 2012, 04:13:10 PM »

i like izzys solo stuff.

just saying.
You're certainly not alone.  But the perceived attempt at downplaying DJ's songwriting ability isn't really illustrated by looking at their resumes over the last 5 years.  Obviously music is completely subjective, and I'm sure there are those who love Izzy's solo stuff and HATE Sixx AM, but you can't deny that DJ has had a hand in writing some pretty successful songs outside of GNR.  So why should we assume he can't do so WITH Axl?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #297 on: July 27, 2012, 05:36:18 PM »

i like izzys solo stuff.

just saying.
You're certainly not alone.  But the perceived attempt at downplaying DJ's songwriting ability isn't really illustrated by looking at their resumes over the last 5 years.  Obviously music is completely subjective, and I'm sure there are those who love Izzy's solo stuff and HATE Sixx AM, but you can't deny that DJ has had a hand in writing some pretty successful songs outside of GNR.  So why should we assume he can't do so WITH Axl?

I for one prefer Sixx AM to anything Izzy has done post GNR.  Like LongGoneDay said it is the structure that Izzy brings to GNR that made those old hits what they were.  He is a piece of a puzzle, and a very valuable one.  I just don't like him on his own.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #298 on: July 27, 2012, 05:58:07 PM »

I think Izzy have a lot of good shit post-Gn'R (Better than SIxx Am IMO). Good, simple rock n' roll, with that laidback Izzy-ness  yes

Some songs would be better with that extra touch, but that ain't no surprise since it's mainly one-man writing i guess....In a band other members probably contribute more and add extra elements, and in that way polish the riffs and pieces into something more....

But why is Izzy and Gn'R even discussed in this new album speculation thread? Is it any basis to believe he might be involved?

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #299 on: July 27, 2012, 09:04:39 PM »

There's a little old saying and it applies to Izzy and others that were in GNR. The sum is greater than all the individual parts. Although I think each member has done well, it'll never be as great. With that being said, I'm enjoying each member's new works. I'm quite interested to hear how Axl and DJ will write new songs. 
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: