Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 08:38:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1681792 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #200 on: June 26, 2012, 09:05:08 AM »

They had problems with the label long before Azoff came along.  Do you remember Tommy's "a hairs breath away", several times Dizzy got excited things were about to happen.  The guys got to the point they just quit talking about it.  Any deals with the label should include the words, I walk and take the back catalog with me.

But you know, leaking the album all over the net worked the last time so if they want fan help again, I'll participate.  Cheesy

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #201 on: June 26, 2012, 09:26:09 AM »

On the most recent tour there have been pics of the setlist with a song called "The Seeker".

Does anyone know if the band have spoke about what song this is? It could be a cover song, The Who have a song called the same.

I know that when "Going Down" first appeared at the setlists last year, we thought it was a cover song. Now, this song has later been confirmed to be a new GN'R song.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
TOS--LOA
Headliner

But I love the swing-set..

« Reply #202 on: June 26, 2012, 09:58:48 AM »

The Seeker is a Who song. I would love to hear what Axl could do with that song!
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #203 on: June 26, 2012, 10:14:19 AM »

The Seeker is a Who song. I would love to hear what Axl could do with that song!

It could be...  Wink

After all, "Street Of Dreams" is a Rainbow song, "Patience" is a Take That song, "Catcher In The Rye" is a Datarock song, "It's So Easy" is a Willy DeVille song, "Yesterdays" is a Pennywise song, "Breakdown" is a Jack Johnson song... etc etc.

We don't know if it's a cover of the Who song.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Gezzy
Headliner

Don't Damn Me

« Reply #204 on: June 26, 2012, 11:51:40 AM »

Well the band have been touring heavily over the past 3 years to make up for the loses on Chinese Democracy, once this tour is over, hopefully there will be some down-time then they go into writing sessions by the end of the year.

Velvet Revolver
23/01/2005
05/06/2007
Guns N' Roses
17/10/10
26/05/12
Thin Lizzy w/ Richard Fortus
02/06/11
Duff McKagan's Loaded
05/11/11
Slash
06/06/12
Gracie2006
Headliner

« Reply #205 on: June 26, 2012, 12:49:29 PM »

How did the Band lose money on C.D?  The Best Buy deal cleared the books beer beer
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #206 on: June 27, 2012, 06:44:46 AM »

How did the Band lose money on C.D?  The Best Buy deal cleared the books beer beer

CD wasn't exactly a success...it sold so so, not good for a GNR album, but still it sold so so all over the world... but CD already had all the drama throughout the years behind it... a couple of millions of dollars to be more exact.

I believe the record company will now pay attention to that more than anything and they will be more rigid negotiating with Axl for a new release... to avoid what happened with CD from happening again.

As off now though, i don't think they're still touring due to that. They're touring to fullfill an agreement they made in court with Azoff.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 07:04:04 AM by Halo69 » Logged

Oh My God i cant deny this...
imcrazy
Headliner

« Reply #207 on: June 27, 2012, 08:14:56 AM »

I sure hope that doesn't mean they will stop touring once the Azoff settlement dust clears. 

I got a headache like a mother - twice the price of my thrills
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #208 on: June 27, 2012, 08:21:24 AM »

CD wasn't exactly a success...it sold so so, not good for a GNR album, but still it sold so so all over the world... but CD already had all the drama throughout the years behind it... a couple of millions of dollars to be more exact.

I believe the record company will now pay attention to that more than anything and they will be more rigid negotiating with Axl for a new release... to avoid what happened with CD from happening again.

As off now though, i don't think they're still touring due to that. They're touring to fullfill an agreement they made in court with Azoff.

Your post is just a bunch of guessing with nothing to back the guesses up.

The fact is, you know very little about why and how GN'R does things.

I sure hope that doesn't mean they will stop touring once the Azoff settlement dust clears. 

That's only an issue if you believe anybody trying to guess why GN'R tours.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
imcrazy
Headliner

« Reply #209 on: June 27, 2012, 08:51:58 AM »

Well it's kind of human nature to speculate - especially since we never hear any details from Axl.  It's  not like he hasn't taken himself out of the spotlight before.  I'm just paranoid since there was such a large gap between major tours in the USA. 

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #210 on: June 27, 2012, 09:03:52 AM »

The Azoff settlement was purely for the US tour at the end of last year. This was stated very clearly. The Up Close And Personal and current UK tours are nothing to do with that.

Way back in 2002, Axl said that they'd be touring on and off for a few years after Chinese Democracy was released. This was always the plan. Where did you get that they're only doing it because they lost money on the album?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #211 on: June 27, 2012, 09:16:39 AM »

Where did you get that they're only doing it because they lost money on the album?

Same place where he pulls his other guesses from....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #212 on: June 27, 2012, 09:59:44 AM »

All guesses uh?  Grin

How about this guess: the song entitled "Soul Monster" has a Finck solo exactly at the 2:13 minutes mark. 

The General is the first song of the next cd, and it has an intro pretty much like Chinese Democracy of about 0:50 to 1 minute.

Cuban Skies is a ballad pretty much like a mix of If the World with Patience.  Wink

« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 10:23:43 AM by Halo69 » Logged

imcrazy
Headliner

« Reply #213 on: June 27, 2012, 10:52:28 AM »

The Azoff settlement was purely for the US tour at the end of last year. This was stated very clearly. The Up Close And Personal and current UK tours are nothing to do with that.

Ok - good to know.  Since Jarmo didn't slam your statement I'll have to assume it is more credible.   Cool

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #214 on: June 27, 2012, 11:02:31 AM »

I am fairly certain Axl can handle his own business at this point.  ok Jarmo isn't going to tell you anything because it is frankly none of our business. They are out touring and that is all we should be concerned with. Honestly, who cares why?

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #215 on: June 27, 2012, 12:23:01 PM »

All guesses uh?  Grin

How about this guess: the song entitled "Soul Monster" has a Finck solo exactly at the 2:13 minutes mark. 

The General is the first song of the next cd, and it has an intro pretty much like Chinese Democracy of about 0:50 to 1 minute.

Cuban Skies is a ballad pretty much like a mix of If the World with Patience.  Wink

Good to know that even though CD came out, there are still people trying play the role of "insider".  Somethings never change  Roll Eyes

Ali
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #216 on: June 27, 2012, 12:48:12 PM »

All guesses uh?  Grin

Good to know that even though CD came out, there are still people trying play the role of "insider".  Somethings never change  Roll Eyes

Ali

Listen to the songs and prove that I'm wrong - That was my first answer

But.. nevermind i don't have to justify myself to you or anybody for that matter
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 12:50:53 PM by Halo69 » Logged

Ali
Legend

« Reply #217 on: June 27, 2012, 05:03:48 PM »

All guesses uh?  Grin

Ali

Listen to the songs and prove that I'm wrong - That was my first answer

But.. nevermind i don't have to justify myself to you or anybody for that matter

You mean songs that are not released yet and not available to listen to by the public?  Yeah, I'll get right on that  Roll Eyes  Or, is it songs that are not released that and if they change between now and the time they are released, IF they are released, may not sound like you claim they do, thereby allowing you the out of "things changed"?  Like I said, I'll get right on that  ok

The point is not whether or not you are correct.  Obviously, you've positioned yourself knowing you can't be proven wrong right now.  The point is that you did what so many have done in years leading up to CD's release - given "inside info".  It's a move bound to garner attention, right or wrong, and anyone that has followed the CD saga over the years is aware of that.

Ali
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #218 on: June 27, 2012, 05:56:43 PM »

I think he was being sarcastic...
Ali
Legend

« Reply #219 on: June 27, 2012, 08:21:24 PM »

I think he was being sarcastic...
Had he not said "prove me wrong" I would've agreed with you.  But, that sounded like someone bragging about something they know.

Ali
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: