Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 09:14:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Oliver and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1587712 times)
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #9840 on: June 15, 2024, 04:57:10 AM »

That got too complicated to respond to quotes.   hihi

Maybe GNR should call those other bands and ask how they managed to put out albums and what they are expecting in return.  If they talk to Keith, I suspect he's going to ask what is all this business shit they are bogged down in.  The band got together, had a great time creating some music, handed it over to the marketers and are going out on tour.  Keith would probably say he doesn't care if it sells or how it's selling, he's got another song in mind.
Agree for a lot of these older bands that stil release new music it's about keeping it fresh creatively rather than the commercial side of it which isn't as lucrative as it once was ,I imagine it was a big relief for GnR to add some new songs to the tour as it was becoming a bit stale constantly playing the same old songs.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9841 on: June 15, 2024, 06:18:17 AM »

That got too complicated to respond to quotes.   hihi

Maybe GNR should call those other bands and ask how they managed to put out albums and what they are expecting in return.  If they talk to Keith, I suspect he's going to ask what is all this business shit they are bogged down in.  The band got together, had a great time creating some music, handed it over to the marketers and are going out on tour.  Keith would probably say he doesn't care if it sells or how it's selling, he's got another song in mind.

You're so focused on the selling part.

Everyone knows music doesn't sell as much anymore. Many people aren't prepared to spend $15-20 on an album like in the 90s anymore.

Putting an album out and forgetting about it is great if you have zero interest in the material once you've finished it. If you don't care if anyone hears the songs or buys the album.

GN'R is the band that released two album on the same day instead of a double album, because they wanted fans to be able to afford it and thus hearing it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #9842 on: June 15, 2024, 07:39:39 AM »

Maybe the key is to release for example nine singles, and then the album with those nine tracks plus three new ones at the end!  Cheesy  hihi

/jarmo

sounds like you just give away the record company's plan, you're in big trouble Jarmo  nervous
but more seriously yes that's probably one reasonable way to do it

the downside is you already know almost the whole thing before getting it in your hands

of course you can restrain to listen to the singles and wait for the album, but that's science fiction,
we all know fans can't resist a leak, so an official release...

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9843 on: June 15, 2024, 10:38:34 AM »

sounds like you just give away the record company's plan, you're in big trouble Jarmo  nervous
but more seriously yes that's probably one reasonable way to do it

the downside is you already know almost the whole thing before getting it in your hands

of course you can restrain to listen to the singles and wait for the album, but that's science fiction,
we all know fans can't resist a leak, so an official release...

I think there's probably a middle ground with gives you best of both worlds. A number of singles and then those packaged with some previously unreleased tracks on an album that is available to buy in physical formats as well as streaming.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DeN
Legend

« Reply #9844 on: June 15, 2024, 03:49:52 PM »

I hear you Jarmo, but how is that different from just directly releasing an album?

I mean, what's in it for the band?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9845 on: June 15, 2024, 05:10:22 PM »

I hear you Jarmo, but how is that different from just directly releasing an album?

I mean, what's in it for the band?

Prolonged interest in their new music, I think.

Once an album is out, it will get reviewed, analyzed, commented on and so on. That usually only last for so long before people lose interest. With singles, people will either have to listen to them, or not. But even if they ignore it because it's not an album, there will be a few more singles before they get that full album....

That's the hardcore fans. Then you have all those people who probably won't hear the singles unless they get played on the radio, a TV show or something similar.

Remember when Chinese came out? There was a single, there was a song in a video game, and a song in a movie. Songs were released in multiple way before the album came out.

/jarmo

DeN
Legend

« Reply #9846 on: June 16, 2024, 08:35:45 AM »

ok got it, prolonged interest in the music makes sense.

but basically it's like reversing the more common process, releasing the album then get the singles
to the common public to maintain the interest...so I suppose choosing one or another depends on
who you want to cible first in the demographic...

Duff seems to prefer the album way, citing the Pearl Jam & Stones last efforts, which are good records indeed.
the last Jack White is pretty great and sounds fresh energetic and modern too.

well, I suppose it's in the hands of Axl & TB to choose the strategy, I'll take any new music

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9847 on: June 16, 2024, 02:53:23 PM »

That's how it used to be. A single or two before the album release with music videos, then the album and more singles with videos to promote the album.

And special editions used to be released at a later date to make fans buy the album again. Now they often put out multiple versions when the album is released. So hardcore fans buy twelve versions of the vinyl (Pearl Jam did this) and two versions of the CD.....

/jarmo

DeN
Legend

« Reply #9848 on: June 16, 2024, 06:43:08 PM »

I'm waiting the day a band release an album with a different cover on every single copy, now it's probably possible with AI...
it would be depressing for collectors but nice for common buyers  hihi

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9849 on: Yesterday at 04:44:11 AM »

Chinese Democracy was supposed to be released with three different covers.

Colored vinyls are a more popular things nowadays than back then though.

/jarmo

DeN
Legend

« Reply #9850 on: Yesterday at 06:43:01 AM »

I really wanted the one with the hand grenade so badly...I've never seen it here in Paris.

Oliver
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9851 on: Yesterday at 10:57:26 AM »

Maybe the key is to release for example nine singles, and then the album with those nine tracks plus three new ones at the end!  Cheesy  hihi

There's a band called "All Them Witches" that did just that last year. They released one song every month , and at the end of the year you had an album. Great band btw.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9852 on: Yesterday at 12:22:18 PM »

I figured someone would have tried it.

All kinds of fun/cool things you could do.

/jarmo

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #9853 on: Yesterday at 04:40:19 PM »

There's a band called "All Them Witches" that did just that last year. They released one song every month , and at the end of the year you had an album. Great band btw.

Nice idea in principle, but with gnr’s single release frequency, we’d be looking at an album many years from now!

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9854 on: Yesterday at 06:51:51 PM »

Nice idea in principle, but with gnr’s single release frequency, we’d be looking at an album many years from now!

You're assuming they wouldn't finish the recordings and make that plan.

If they finished twelve songs, then released six of them as singles, before putting those six singles out with the six others on an album.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: