Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 01:54:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228114 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Ignacio and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 493 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1596744 times)
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #840 on: January 04, 2013, 01:52:46 PM »

soooooooooooo back to speculation about the new album? anyone have any theories etc? i seem to remember classic rock reviewing an early copy of chinese and they mentioned atals shrugged? any more titles from axl interviews?

Read Halo's post halfway up the page. He reviewed most of the album for us.  Roll Eyes

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #841 on: January 04, 2013, 02:20:12 PM »

I never said a tour was made to sell albums... it certainly helps though. Tours are made to PROMOTE albums.

Ok, so what's the point of promoting an album with a tour?

To let people know the artist has a new album? And doing that, what is the purpose? Please enlighten us.

What i said was the same as you said, albums support tours... (which proves that i was right and you gave me the reason)

What I said, isn't the same as what you said. I said bands used to tour to sell more albums. Just like bands used to make music videos to sell more albums.

Now it seems to me that bands put out albums so they have an excuse to tour and not get Halo69 complaining about their favorite band playing live shows.

It's the way normal artists do things... they release an album and then they tour that album! and then they go on the studio again and they make another album after like 2 years and then they go on the road again. Obviously Axl isn't doing that...

Yes, that's the old formula.

But then you have bands who tour because they feel like they wanna play some shows together before recording, then you have bands like Metallica who seem to tour every other summer to "Escape from the studio", or bands that put out compilation albums so they can go on a tour, or bands that decide to do anniversary of so and so album's release tours etc etc etc....

Does it bother you when bands tour because it's been X years since their most popular album was released, so they go on tour to play the whole album at shows? How about Iron Maiden doing tours that are almost clones of tours they did in the past. Does it bother you?

10 to 10 years Axl releases an album (and that's being very optimistic!)

Because you know what's really going on....  hihi

/jarmo

Jarmo, In GNR'S Case for example a new album and a tour right after with the present band, it would be for getting more people interested in this band, for getting more fans interested, old ex-fans to join the party and ultimately to make more money and for the art itself, which should be any musician's goal! The art! right? or are you going to admit Axl is doing it for the money?!

Wake up sunshine! just because you have a couple of solo artists selling their songs on iTunes, doesn't mean you can't sell albums anymore via the normal way... Albums are still being released that way for a reason. Yes you don't have MTV cooperating now, but you have other means.
I don't agree with itunes to be honest... it's convenient but it basically destroys the purpose of making an albums...i like the albums in their physical form, i'm the old fashioned way.

You talk like you're in 2090 and all the record companies have been death for awhile and you live in your itunes fantasy world...where there's no purpose for making albums anymore, and you can just tour for a decade...guess what Junior... we haven't got to that point, so the digital excuse won't work!

Metallica doing that doesn't bother me at all, you know why? because they're very balanced, they don't wait 15 years to release an album... they keep releasing them... they have an awesome fan club, with lots of options and extras for you (nothing like the fanclub GNR has done...) and you can even get bootlegs from their vault...
Don't even compare the Disaster that has been GNR for the last 20 years to a band like Metallica who have done everything a great and successful band is supposed to do...

I have to say though, that i wished that was not the case... i love GNR old and present, and wished Axl had the balls to shut up critics and had put 2 or 3 albums out already... unfortunately that doesn't seem to be happening...

what's next? you're gonna tell me GNR hasn't done an album because they don't want to physically release one? Your digital dream is too fictional!

Oh My God i cant deny this...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #842 on: January 04, 2013, 02:48:32 PM »

Jarmo, In GNR'S Case for example a new album and a tour right after with the present band, it would be for getting more people interested in this band, for getting more fans interested, old ex-fans to join the party and ultimately to make more money and for the art itself, which should be any musician's goal! The art! right? or are you going to admit Axl is doing it for the money?!

You keep going around in circles so you don't have to answer questions.

You say a tour is to promote an album, but not to sell more copies. Well, so what is the actual promotion for? More fan club members?

Why do you need a new album for that? Answer: You don't necessarily need it!

That was the whole point I was trying to make and you ignored. You don't need the old "new album out, on tour now" excuse. That's why bands do all these "we need a break from the studio" or "we'll play our classic album with the same stage set up from 1986" tours!

Wake up sunshine! just because you have a couple of solo artists selling their songs on iTunes, doesn't mean you can't sell albums anymore via the normal way... Albums are still being released that way for a reason. Yes you don't have MTV cooperating now, but you have other means.
I don't agree with itunes to be honest... it's convenient but it basically destroys the purpose of making an albums...i like the albums in their physical form, i'm the old fashioned way.

I wasn't even talking about iTunes. Songs versus albums is a completely different thing.

I'm talking about music sales in general. And how tours don't mean your music will sell more.

You talk like you're in 2090 and all the record companies have been death for awhile and you live in your itunes fantasy world...where there's no purpose for making albums anymore, and you can just tour for a decade...guess what Junior... we haven't got to that point, so the digital excuse won't work!

Junior?

Question: Are you older than me? If not, you can't really call somebody "Junior", it makes no sense. Just a friendly tip before you try using your condescending attitude again.

Metallica doing that doesn't bother me at all, you know why? because they're very balanced, they don't wait 15 years to release an album... they keep releasing them... they have an awesome fan club, with lots of options and extras for you (nothing like the fanclub GNR has done...) and you can even get bootlegs from their vault...
Don't even compare the Disaster that has been GNR for the last 20 years to a band like Metallica who have done everything a great and successful band is supposed to do...

Maybe you should go troll their message boards then? Smiley

They've made mistakes in their career... They're not perfect. Trust me.

I have to say though, that i wished that was not the case... i love GNR old and present, and wished Axl had the balls to shut up critics and had put 2 or 3 albums out already... unfortunately that doesn't seem to be happening...

Shut up critics by releasing albums?

Since when is Axl or GN'R about releasing music to shut people up?  Huh

How "professional" is that? To release music for the sake of releasing something so idiots will shut up?

what's next? you're gonna tell me GNR hasn't done an album because they don't want to physically release one? Your digital dream is too fictional!

Sorry, but I live in reality... And you, don't.

You're the one living in fantasy world, not me. You read articles and go on the Internet to act like somebody who has a clue.
You attack me for being associated with the band, and then try to act like you have a clue. That's comedy.... Think about it...

Junior... Priceless!  rofl

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #843 on: January 04, 2013, 03:05:13 PM »

Jarmo, may I suggest you stop engaging Halo in his incessant nonsense, otherwise he'll never shut up.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #844 on: January 04, 2013, 04:04:50 PM »

SEVEN is a great song. It kind of reminds me of Patience of the new millennium... It's acoustic with some parts with Electric guitar on it and orchestra as well. It kinda gave the band that vibe of being and staying together, when they recorded it, because it was kind of the same environment of when did the acoustic songs for LIES.

ATLAS is a Street of Dreams kind of song, very catchy and has a lot of potential to be a future single! It resembles a mix between Street of Dreams and This I Love because of the Orchestra as well.

SOUL MONSTER has a lot of potential lyricwise as it's very ironic and it's one of the best written songs since the Illusion albums. I'm not sure if i consider it a pure ballad...it resembles more the "Prostitute" kind of song, half ballad but there's some part that are a little more aggressive. So it's not a pure ballad like November Rain.

ZODIAC will be the most experimental song on the album (if it ends up coming out on the new album). Again it's experimental kinda like Shacklers and Scraped. More towards industrial, it will sound a bit weird and out of place for some, just like Shacklers did for some, but it's a great song! More agressive than Shacklers! In my opinion it has a crazy ass lunatic awesome solo! I hope they maintain that solo on the finished version!

SILKWORMS, i don't believe this will come out in the album, but if it does then it replaces ZODIAC as being the most experimental track. This song is different from everything Axl has ever recorded or done. I think it would fit more in an Axl solo album!
The song lyrics weren't that good by the time it was played in Rock In Rio 3, but Axl has changed part of the lyrics. They're a bit more constructive now and "adult" as well. The intro to this song is kinda long, kind of like Chinese Democracy the song. It would be a great opener on an Axl solo album, it will be highly criticized if Axl releases this song on the next GUNS record. I don't think people will be prepared for this song as a GUNS release...

THE GENERAL - Very dramatic song, changes from a very emotional orchestra to a very angry riff. It's a very temperamental song, you'll love it!
This song has a bit of everything for anyone... it has part that resemble the old band, parts that resemble "NEW GNR", agressive and emotional parts. Can't find a better way to describe it, you'll see it yourself when it comes out.

DOWN BY THE OCEAN - OLD GNR kind of song, don't think it will be released at all... i think mostly this will be regarded as a medley...it's different from everything GNR does now. Sounds dated, but to me that's a good thing as it resembles the bluesy songs from the Illusion songs like Dust N' Bones and You ain't the First. Izzy/Axl singing on it as well.

UNTITLED SONG #37 (I think this is Cuban Skies) - Similar to There Was a Time, but much less heavier then the finished version of There Was a Time on Chinese Democracy.

Has anyone else heard any of this material Halo is claiming to have heard in the above post?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #845 on: January 04, 2013, 04:14:12 PM »

SEVEN is a great song. It kind of reminds me of Patience of the new millennium... It's acoustic with some parts with Electric guitar on it and orchestra as well. It kinda gave the band that vibe of being and staying together, when they recorded it, because it was kind of the same environment of when did the acoustic songs for LIES.

ATLAS is a Street of Dreams kind of song, very catchy and has a lot of potential to be a future single! It resembles a mix between Street of Dreams and This I Love because of the Orchestra as well.

SOUL MONSTER has a lot of potential lyricwise as it's very ironic and it's one of the best written songs since the Illusion albums. I'm not sure if i consider it a pure ballad...it resembles more the "Prostitute" kind of song, half ballad but there's some part that are a little more aggressive. So it's not a pure ballad like November Rain.

ZODIAC will be the most experimental song on the album (if it ends up coming out on the new album). Again it's experimental kinda like Shacklers and Scraped. More towards industrial, it will sound a bit weird and out of place for some, just like Shacklers did for some, but it's a great song! More agressive than Shacklers! In my opinion it has a crazy ass lunatic awesome solo! I hope they maintain that solo on the finished version!

SILKWORMS, i don't believe this will come out in the album, but if it does then it replaces ZODIAC as being the most experimental track. This song is different from everything Axl has ever recorded or done. I think it would fit more in an Axl solo album!
The song lyrics weren't that good by the time it was played in Rock In Rio 3, but Axl has changed part of the lyrics. They're a bit more constructive now and "adult" as well. The intro to this song is kinda long, kind of like Chinese Democracy the song. It would be a great opener on an Axl solo album, it will be highly criticized if Axl releases this song on the next GUNS record. I don't think people will be prepared for this song as a GUNS release...

THE GENERAL - Very dramatic song, changes from a very emotional orchestra to a very angry riff. It's a very temperamental song, you'll love it!
This song has a bit of everything for anyone... it has part that resemble the old band, parts that resemble "NEW GNR", agressive and emotional parts. Can't find a better way to describe it, you'll see it yourself when it comes out.

DOWN BY THE OCEAN - OLD GNR kind of song, don't think it will be released at all... i think mostly this will be regarded as a medley...it's different from everything GNR does now. Sounds dated, but to me that's a good thing as it resembles the bluesy songs from the Illusion songs like Dust N' Bones and You ain't the First. Izzy/Axl singing on it as well.

UNTITLED SONG #37 (I think this is Cuban Skies) - Similar to There Was a Time, but much less heavier then the finished version of There Was a Time on Chinese Democracy.

Has anyone else heard any of this material Halo is claiming to have heard in the above post?

There is more chance of seeing a UFO, than seeing all of the above named songs, all with vocal tracks, in one place where someone could listen.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #846 on: January 04, 2013, 04:23:21 PM »

If he heard these he should just type a single line of lyrics from every single song.

Remember that guy who posted lyrics to Sorry back in like 2006 and then left the forum 4evz?

Here it is, was in 2007 but still.. http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=42170.msg851905#msg851905
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 04:30:04 PM by CheapJon » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #847 on: January 04, 2013, 05:11:01 PM »

Jarmo

I'm not sure you even entertain these opinions.  Wink Fans need to realize that they tour because they want to - to play for their fans, and yes, to earn a living too.  Just because there's no new material out should never preclude any act from playing shows, big or small.  

any musician will agree with the fact that performing together leads to an atmosphere that nurtures creativity and a cohesive sense of purpose.  in other words, the more they play together, the better they will be, the more of "a band" they will become, and that translates into creative production.  sure they haven't issued any new music in a few years - get over it.  if you're a fan, you know that Axl works at his own pace to assure that he's satisfied with whatever his name is attached to.  He has the right to do that, its his career and his reputation.  I'm sure all of us would do the same thing.  I for one would not want "just put something out" if I didn't feel comfortable with whatever it is, or if I didn't feel like the time was right.  

Some fans bitched that they never played anymore, now they've been touring regularly for a while.  then they bitched that they didn't release a new album, then they did that.  do yourselves a favor and see them when they're around and enjoy yourselves.  isn't that what entertainment is really about anyway?  

btw, it was good to finally meet you and talk a bit in Vegas.  that Sat night show was the best I've seen since the early days in Hollywood.  its encouraging to see the positive energy you have for the band.   

Thanks, nice seeing you too. :-)

I understand the need some have to feel important or knowledgeable, whatever. I can respect that. We're all different.

My issue is when these attention seekers start posting guesses, biased opinions and outright lies as facts. In my book, that's not right.

It's been done to death already. By different people at different times. Nothing new there.....  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gnrfan1797
« Reply #848 on: January 04, 2013, 07:11:27 PM »

Is it just me or am I wrong to like whatever gnr I can get, weather it's a new album or touring. I saw them 3 times last year and as a fan I am keen on whatever is going on at that particular point in time. I should clarify that gnr is my favorite band, but I am a fan of music in general and  going to any concert is exciting no matter how many times I have seen the band. Jarmo I admire and respect your love and admiration for this board and gnr as a whole. People always want to feel like they have some sort of inside edge, I guess that makes them feel better about themselves.  I haven't nor will I ever have any clue as to what goes on inside the head of anyone involved with the gnr camp. Being a fan isn't about who knows more about this or that. I consider myself the biggest gnr fan, and that's because inside my world of friends and family I am. Halo you really need a class on jealousy, you seem to get jealous of Jarmo and other board members. They don't so I guess that's why were all happier then you!
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #849 on: January 04, 2013, 08:52:12 PM »

There is more chance of seeing a UFO, than seeing all of the above named songs, all with vocal tracks, in one place where someone could listen.

Really? you would be amazed...

Oh My God i cant deny this...
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #850 on: January 04, 2013, 09:05:38 PM »

For me, much like all of you, its a mixed emotion.  I personally can feel a little sad that GN'R doesn't produce and release more material.  I think Axl and all of the musicians he has chosen to work with since 1985 have been amazing.  Would love to hear the unreleased CD era tracks, and would also love to see the current lineup hit the studio.  But for me, I'll deal with that just fine as its small potatoes in life.  The fact is Axl doesn't owe me anything and whatever the reasons are now, or have been in the past, they are his reasons alone and not for me to judge.  It has obviously been a tremendous uphill battle for him to do things his way and based on everything I've read, he's a survivor of both professional and personal turmoil in his life.  Seeing him out there touring and having a great time over the last few years has been great.  He's absolutley gotten his (and I hate using this word), but he's gotten his swagger back in terms of him putting himself and the band out there for public consumption.  I absolutely believe we'll get new material, just have to be patient. Hoping for a great 2013 and certainly will hope that this is a year they push forward new material, but I won't lose sleep over it!  The fact that Halo goes on and on like he does is absurd and bizarre.  

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #851 on: January 04, 2013, 09:30:21 PM »

I kinda feel the music world will eventually evolve into more EP type albums intstead of full length....

I def am extremely interested to hear what this band can do.*even over CD sessions unreleased stuff* I think it would be great due to the fact they've built that touring chemistry which would translate greatly in the studio into some magic Im sure.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #852 on: January 04, 2013, 11:41:21 PM »

I kinda feel the music world will eventually evolve into more EP type albums intstead of full length....

I def am extremely interested to hear what this band can do.*even over CD sessions unreleased stuff* I think it would be great due to the fact they've built that touring chemistry which would translate greatly in the studio into some magic Im sure.

I think so too, I also remember Tommy Lee wanting to release EP's with Motley instead of full length albums
bicycle handgrenade
Headliner

« Reply #853 on: January 05, 2013, 12:57:31 AM »

Andre CC (Halo69) should be banned for posting so many lies. He's a notorious troll and he's ruined this thread with all of his false information.
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #854 on: January 05, 2013, 05:29:20 AM »

Yes,where can someone listen to all these songs ?
wouldn't we all know by now as hardcore fans...

Let me call Axl on his cell and ask him to send the songs that guy talks about hihi
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 05:31:47 AM by nick6sic6 » Logged

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #855 on: January 05, 2013, 06:05:22 AM »

Those song descriptions....?

Halo please could you post some lyrics and I suppose one day we might now if you were telling the truth?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 06:07:06 AM by Stardust » Logged

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #856 on: January 05, 2013, 08:39:30 AM »

Those song descriptions....?

Halo please could you post some lyrics and I suppose one day we might now if you were telling the truth?

Halo and Bumblefoot agreed to follow the same strategy : "It's not my job; it's Axl's."

(No offence to Halo, Bumble or Axl ofcourse.... time will tell...meanwhile I support band and fans  beer )
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #857 on: January 05, 2013, 09:10:59 AM »

I think so too, I also remember Tommy Lee wanting to release EP's with Motley instead of full length albums

I think full lengths albums are not going to be the in thing anymore in the future.  Such ashame as well since you are missing out so much good music.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #858 on: January 05, 2013, 09:40:37 AM »

If he heard these he should just type a single line of lyrics from every single song.

Remember that guy who posted lyrics to Sorry back in like 2006 and then left the forum 4evz?

Here it is, was in 2007 but still.. http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=42170.msg851905#msg851905

Holy shit! I remember that but it slipped my mind til you posted it. That guy got the last laugh on everyone.

The only problem with posting a lyric snippet is that we'll never know til the album is out anyway.

Still nice to go back and see that. The guy pulled a total Kaiser Soze and vanished after.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #859 on: January 05, 2013, 10:00:07 AM »

If you are staring at your watch waiting for new music I'd suggest following Green Day.

( Not a dig at Green Day, they just put out like 3 albums within a few months. )

New stuff will come out when GNR is ready. Don't get stressed about it. Do I wish they'd put something out soon? Absolutely. Will they? Who the hell knows.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 10:02:57 AM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 493 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: