Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:32:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228137 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 493 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1598474 times)
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #800 on: January 03, 2013, 02:14:06 PM »

My point was that i'm sure the Label tried to negotiate the release of the album several times with Axl and Axl didn't compromise, and therefore was delayed and delayed and delayed, and more millions of dollars were spent because of it.

A compromise is by definition: "A settlement of differences in which each side makes concessions."
Sometimes you make yourself a point above that stuff can't be discussed. You draw a line. And if one side wants to go past that line any negotiation is doomed.

I don't know if that was the case, I don't know what really went on with the timeline of the record.
I just think an artist should be able to deliver his art when he is ready to do so.
Sometimes artists take a break for whatever reasons. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle hat a 10 year break between Sherlock Holmes stories for example.
And he hadn't had the need to rebuild a band around him from the scratch.
You can enlighten us and share some insights why the record took so long. But back it up with some facts instead of repeating "he could have done" bla bla.

Calling fans names just because they think that the band doesn't owe us anything is weird.
I don't support your ideas and thoughts but I have to tolerate them, that's what people do in democratic countries.

The die hard fan is a fan who is going through all shit considering the band. He isn't always agreeing with everything the band is doing, but he is accepting it.
That doesn't mean that people should question things. But as long as you don't know what's really going on in the camp, you can't act as if you do. Wink
The casual fan wants to hear the hits when attending a show, he isn't surprised if there aren't any new songs played. All of your stuff concerning "cash grab tours" is really funny. Of course tours generate money, so does merchandising. But that's the way it goes since the album sales decreased.
It isn't a surprise that a lot of acts are having problems with their labels. To me sometimes labels appear as kind of modern investment bankers. They appear to be shareholders of the artists, and what good bankers do is squeeze as long as the cow is giving milk.

One side note on your Jarmo stuff:
To me is sounds like you are jealous that he has the chance to live a lot of people's dream by having close contacts to his favorite band and that it isn't you.

If every fan would be like you the world would be "Idiocracy"-like.

It's not my dream to be on the road... i don't like that way of life... i don't think anyone does really...They do it for the money. They go on the road because they can make a lot of money by doing so.
I actually hate so much to be on the road that i have rejected great opportunities because they involved being on the road all the time. So no... you're wrong, i'm not jealous of Jarmo. I like to stay in my land, if you know what i mean. Only travel on my vacations.

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #801 on: January 03, 2013, 02:24:10 PM »

Axl has all the ingredients in him to be successful and to put out another kick ass album, it's just a matter of wanting to do so really and be more willing to compromise a plan with the Record company. At this point in Axl's career there's no risks... he's well established as an artist already, and so is "Guns N'Roses". No matter how good or shitty the album would be, Guns N'Roses would still be Guns N'Roses and they would still sell at least a million records. Everyone would be curious enough to check it out.

All record companies want is to sell albums, so i don't think it would be too dificult to compromising...but maybe Axl needs to be a little more humble since he doesn't have the same band on his back anymore. So perhaps his needs to be able to make the next record are kinda high considering is in a completely different band now. Maybe he's asking too much money on the negotiations, to fund the album. Maybe the record company is afraid of another Chinese Democracy fiasco... A lot of million dollars were spent on nothing... no one would like to have their money wasted like that.

To me it will all be around the ability for Axl to accept that and compromise to a realistic plan for his release.

You're so full of yourself.

You read some articles and think you actually know stuff.

In one sentence you say there's no risks for Axl, in another you say the record company doesn't want a "fiasco" (your word) like Chinese Democracy.

Isn't that a definition of a risk?

Did you ever think that maybe Axl doesn't want to be in that situation again? And maybe that's why the next album hasn't been released? Of course you thought of that. You know everything. Smiley

Then you go and say things everybody knows, but it seems like you think Axl doesn't, the guy who's actually in the band!

Axl needs to be humble and realize Guns is not the same band no more. The budgets for albums should be much lower than they were before with the Old  Band. They also SELL LESS then the albums that were released in the OLD band era...Even though they can still sell pretty good!

What's next? You'll give him a lesson about this new thing called the Internet? Sending and receiving e-mails maybe?

The only people who don't seem to be aware of the fact that albums sell less these days than in the 1990s are the ones who label Chinese Democracy a "fiasco".

Now, who would do that.......

/jarmo

Again twisting things...

Jarmo, if there was something affected by the years and years that involved the fiasco that was Chinese Democracy was the record company, by having to spend millions of dollars because Axl wouldn't get up his ass to go record his tracks.... there's no risks for Axl... there's a risk for the record company!
Maybe in the future we'll know how many millions of dollars "Chinese Democracy 2" costed, because of Axl's extravagant behavior. It's been 4 years and 1 month already, let's see how much time we have to wait for another CD.

Albums sell less these days, but an album with this band would never sell the same amount of copies that an album with the Original band, if that band was "alive" today. Axl has to realize that. The people involved now don't have the same kind of Charisma and talent the others have.
I think that's even why Axl doesn't want to make albums so often, because he probably sees this band as kind of a hobbie to keep GNR "alive". Like a retiring band who does an album every 10 years...

Annie
« Reply #802 on: January 03, 2013, 02:37:02 PM »

Very few people on this board have actually met Axl, let alone know what's going on in his mind and his personal and professional life. I think the current lineup has great chemistry and will put out a great album when the time is right.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #803 on: January 03, 2013, 02:53:54 PM »

Axl has all the ingredients in him to be successful and to put out another kick ass album, it's just a matter of wanting to do so really and be more willing to compromise a plan with the Record company. At this point in Axl's career there's no risks... he's well established as an artist already, and so is "Guns N'Roses". No matter how good or shitty the album would be, Guns N'Roses would still be Guns N'Roses and they would still sell at least a million records. Everyone would be curious enough to check it out.

All record companies want is to sell albums, so i don't think it would be too dificult to compromising...but maybe Axl needs to be a little more humble since he doesn't have the same band on his back anymore. So perhaps his needs to be able to make the next record are kinda high considering is in a completely different band now. Maybe he's asking too much money on the negotiations, to fund the album. Maybe the record company is afraid of another Chinese Democracy fiasco... A lot of million dollars were spent on nothing... no one would like to have their money wasted like that.

To me it will all be around the ability for Axl to accept that and compromise to a realistic plan for his release.

In one sentence you say there's no risks for Axl, in another you say the record company doesn't want a "fiasco" (your word) like Chinese Democracy.

Did you ever think that maybe Axl doesn't want to be in that situation again? And maybe that's why the next album hasn't been released? Of course you thought of that. You know everything. Smiley

Then you go and say things everybody knows, but it seems like you think Axl doesn't, the guy who's actually in the band!

Axl needs to be humble and realize Guns is not the same band no more. The budgets for albums should be much lower than they were before with the Old  Band. They also SELL LESS then the albums that were released in the OLD band era...Even though they can still sell pretty good!

What's next? You'll give him a lesson about this new thing called the Internet? Sending and receiving e-mails maybe?

The only people who don't seem to be aware of the fact that albums sell less these days than in the 1990s are the ones who label Chinese Democracy a "fiasco".

/jarmo

Again twisting things...

Jarmo, if there was something affected by the years and years that involved the fiasco that was Chinese Democracy was the record company, by having to spend millions of dollars because Axl wouldn't get up his ass to go record his tracks.... there's no risks for Axl... there's a risk for the record company!
Maybe in the future we'll know how many millions of dollars "Chinese Democracy 2" costed, because of Axl's extravagant behavior. It's been 4 years and 1 month already, let's see how much time we have to wait for another CD.

Albums sell less these days, but an album with this band would never sell the same amount of copies that an album with the Original band, if that band was "alive" today. Axl has to realize that. The people involved now don't have the same kind of Charisma and talent the others have.
I think that's even why Axl doesn't want to make albums so often, because he probably sees this band as kind of a hobbie to keep GNR "alive". Like a retiring band who does an album every 10 years...

"There's no risks for Axl"

The more money spent on the record, the less back end income there is for Axl and the band.

I don't know anything about this, but I'm guessing (based on the cost figures of the recording surfacing in the media) Axl didn't make much, if anything on the release of Chinese. The record company got most of it.

He's risking not getting paid at all.

I do understand his frustrations with the way the release of Chinese was handeled, as once the Best Buy deal was done, the record company was happy and the promotion went down the toilet. They got their money back.

No promotion to further sales, no back end income for the band.

Now, I'm just speculating, but talking about the next release I would think Axl wanna secure a good financial deal with the record company ahead to secure himself and his bandmates. That can't be very easy considering the plummeting sales figures for CD's these days. For whatever reason the process of getting Chinese Democracy out there took so long, I'm guessing the relationship between Axl and the record company isn't excactly the best. If the record company is unwilling to invest in Guns N' Roses, there's a stalemate as they're still under contract, and negotiations may take a long time.

Axl said in the TMS interview they're still trying to figure things out with the record company, meaning the battle might have lasted a couple of years already then.

Personally I don't think there's an unwillingness to release new material either from Axl himself or the rest of the band, it's just business that needs to be taken care of first. Sadly that's not done over night.

Again, just speculation of course.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
tommyrai
Headliner

« Reply #804 on: January 03, 2013, 02:57:21 PM »

a new album would be ace, maybe the band should do a bumble and release a song a month that would be cool, it would make each month fun, or an e.p something to appease fans and gain new, i always thought sailing would be a great cover to release, as for new songs, i think we all want to hear shit like the general soul monster etc etc , and brains remix of chinese, as the thread is speculation i think something will happen soon Smiley
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #805 on: January 03, 2013, 03:00:31 PM »

That's an assumption that the original band would sell a lot of albums these days, an assumption I don't share.
As far as talent is concerned we can argue about that. Any drummer GnR ever had from 1990 on is way more talented than Steven ever was, and that's MY opinion. I do understand people that claim that Steven had a special vibe and some his drumming is unique. To me he never did it though.

Maybe Axl enjoys touring with this band so much, more than during the 1990s when surviving was the main goal.
These days GnR is more than ever a band, a combination of talented artists, a conglomerate of unique personalities.

My first LP was AFD back in 1987/1988. I went through the dark period of the late 1990 and am really proud that the band is pulling it since 2006. I really enjoy an active band on tour with a potential release sometime. Even if nothing pops up, I have had a good time so far.

As far as your post about traveling is concerned, I can hear ya. To me it's the same.
On the other hand my sister is traveling across the globe all the time, I get to see her once a year if I am lucky. It is her dream to do so, she could make way more money by working for a different company. She just has the wish to travel, no matter where. I wouldn't see money is always the main motivation.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #806 on: January 03, 2013, 03:04:18 PM »

/jarmo

Again twisting things...

Halo69: You have the right to post your opinions.. But i think you are waaay out of line here!

Who cares about owing/not owing the fans or whatever.. GNR (and bands in general) is not like a company that needs to deliver to consumers as long as they pay! Bands make art! And thats their main focus is their art, even if they present it on the stage or on cds/downloads/videos whatever. To many artists art is a lifestyle, a way of doing what you like and be creative, first of all for your own sake!

Guns N Roses are touring the world! They are delivering art to the people that likes it!

How they create their art, and how long it takes, is their own concern! I know people want to hear new music. And im sure You, Jarmo, and most people on this forum want to. But thats not how it works.. thats it.. even how sad u think that is! There is no reason to belive that this band "dont want to release music". And there is no reason for "fans" to get upset because they  havent released an album i 4 years. Tool havent released an album since 2006 and i really look forward for a new album from them.. But i would never say that Tool owe the fans new music or that kind of bullshit! Im just enjoing that this band is still alive, and look forward for new music when they decide to release it! I listen to music because of the art and the entertainment, not because i care about how they do theyr buisness.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 03:07:24 PM by Nytunz » Logged

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #807 on: January 03, 2013, 03:21:33 PM »

Again twisting things...

You're using that word again. How come?

What's "extravagant" in spending/investing money on your art? Isn't that professional? Isn't that what you should be thankful for since the money is invested in the art itself? You should be very thankful!

You're so hung up on money it's not even funny. You feel like you're an investor in GN'R. not a fan.

Does it make you feel more important? That you know how much was spent, because you read a few articles?

Funny.

Your theories amuse me. Smiley

On one hand you keep going on and on about how important the name Guns N' Roses is, then you point out how the old band would sell more blah blah blah. So on one hand you say people know this isn't the old band, but on the other you say they don't because they only know the GN'R name and buy tickets... You can't eat the cake and have it too.

You call tours "cash grabs", but would have no problems if GN'R released albums every year just so they could do more tours.... Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Hustlers Revenge
Opening Act

« Reply #808 on: January 03, 2013, 03:57:11 PM »

i would like to speculate that gnr will release a new 3 song ep recorded at third man studios with jack white. or maybe not.
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #809 on: January 03, 2013, 04:12:28 PM »

Yup...gotta be that time of year again....

*While G'n'R is touring*

Fan - "I FUCKING LOVE THIS BAND!!!! OMG AND EVERYTHING ELSE!!!!1!1!

*Instant tour is over*

Same Fan - "WHERE THE FUCK IS MY ALBUM!!!! THIS BAND NEVER DOES ANYTHING FOR US!!!1!1!"

Me - "Lulz...these guys are still at it....."

Jarmo - *facepalm*

Axl - "My fans make me drink".

Rest of band - "Go on the forums? Are you insane? We'd be safer running naked throughout the whole of Brazil, and announcing the fact 2 weeks beforehand."

Happy New Year everyone. Thank you for remaining consistent, year after year.....lulz

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #810 on: January 03, 2013, 04:59:09 PM »

i would like to speculate that gnr will release a new 3 song ep recorded at third man studios with jack white. or maybe not.

Lets hope this is one of those posts that show up and come true in the months to come

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #811 on: January 03, 2013, 06:12:36 PM »

That would be the best news ever.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
MsRocknrolla
Opening Act

« Reply #812 on: January 03, 2013, 06:17:50 PM »

Lets hope this is one of those posts that show up and come true in the months to come

I would like a stripped down blues sound. Muddy but still technical at times. I tend to favor heavy bass. That's my wish list.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #813 on: January 03, 2013, 06:32:18 PM »

Again twisting things...

You're using that word again. How come?

What's "extravagant" in spending/investing money on your art? Isn't that professional? Isn't that what you should be thankful for since the money is invested in the art itself? You should be very thankful!

You're so hung up on money it's not even funny. You feel like you're an investor in GN'R. not a fan.

Does it make you feel more important? That you know how much was spent, because you read a few articles?

Funny.

Your theories amuse me. Smiley

On one hand you keep going on and on about how important the name Guns N' Roses is, then you point out how the old band would sell more blah blah blah. So on one hand you say people know this isn't the old band, but on the other you say they don't because they only know the GN'R name and buy tickets... You can't eat the cake and have it too.

You call tours "cash grabs", but would have no problems if GN'R released albums every year just so they could do more tours.... Cheesy

/jarmo

Jarmo Jarmo Jarmo, when i thought you wouldn't comeback, you keep coming back twisting the hell out of what i write.

Even though the Old Band would sell more then the current band any day, the Guns N'Roses name still has a good market value without the original 5, it just would have a better value with them. (u know that). But on your cake theory... that's the reason why you usually eat half of the cake and keep the rest, that way you can keep both parts  Kiss

"You call tours "cash grabs", but would have no problems if GN'R released albums every year just so they could do more tours.... Cheesy"

Wouldn't mind at all no.... that would actually be AWESOME! Albums every year would give a purpose to all the touring. Actually one album would be enough... it's not asking too much really... Grin Fans would be happy with a new album.

I mean everyone is always saying we have to move on with our lives, we have to burry the past and accept the present. Old band is history bla bla bla

If Axl wants us to "move on", then he must do something for it to happen...

I mean one thing is to move on the way AC/DC fans moved on... Bon is dead, found a new frontman, BOOM! already a new album and a tour... more albums came out, lots of them, to be honest because of that kind of integrity, i don't even know if i like AC/DC more with Bon or Brian... i like both, couldn't live without one of them... to me Bon wrote the best songs, but Brian has the best voice...so i like both. Can see qualities in both.

To move on like GNR does it... it's not really moving on...i mean i would really like to be able to say the same thing about this new band, as i think of AC/DC...reality is... Axl hasn't really moved on... has he? He released 1 cd in the last 20 years or so, he changed line-ups plenty of times...
Best way to make your fans move on is to create art with the new members... he hasn't done much of that really...instead he keeps coming back for endless touring having 80% of the songs on the setlists being old songs, written by him and the original five, living off of that.

Chinese Democracy is a very miscellaneous album, still it's a great album, it's not up to the standard of the original band, but it's still a great album... if Axl had 3 or 4 albums done by the new band already released, fans would respect him a lot more...

Yet he doesn't deliver and he expects people to forget and move on...i guess Axl is a bit selfish uh?

Mathieu
Opening Act

« Reply #814 on: January 03, 2013, 06:38:27 PM »

Can the "personal exchanges" be maybe moved elsewhere? I wish I could read any news on the new album. I see there are new posts and then a lot of it have little to do with a new GNR album. Sorry, I don't want to bug anyone more than needed, but it would be cool to get back on the topic.

Well, enough with my whining there... ;-)

One observation is that I think Axl seemed to be hopeful to release the rest of the Chinese Democracy sessions songs while Azoff was around. In the old chats, he straight mentioned releasing more "maybe same bat time, same bat channel next year but we'll have to see". I wonder if Azoff left some legal roadblocks in the way the band stand in front of the record label. Also, while the Best Buys deal brought several millions, large record labels are Aces in finding a maximum of expenses of all sort until all the costs can be recouped.

Even during the 2011 US tour, Axl mentioned not making any money from the tour. While not directly about the new album, this quote from the LA Times interview with Axl gives some insight how the music business works.

"This whole tour is part of ? it?s not like there?s a lot of money going to Live Nation or anything, but it?s part of how we worked out the settlement [with former manager and Live Nation exec Irving Azoff]. And I could have gone on to court, but that was going to block other things, so Live Nation's not getting paid, we?re not getting paid, but we?re putting it out of the way, so we did this tour."
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2011/12/axl-rose-talks-playing-los-angeles-rock-hall-reunion.html

I'd be surprised if GNR not releasing more albums would be only blocked by Axl fears. While Axl isn't poor, it might also be difficult to get away from Interscope. Some bands would maybe turn over to the record label like 1-2 albums with filler/b-sides just to get away from any obligations. I'm sure releasing shit music just to get out of any contract is also not an option.

It's not fun to know there's maybe a bunch of songs sleeping on a vault or more likely on a hard-disk somewhere. It's just maybe help trying to understand things aren't easy when your full career is a bit of an endless legal mine field.

If anyone noticed a better clue from all the interviews, please enlighten all of us. :-)
old_at_heart
Opening Act

« Reply #815 on: January 03, 2013, 09:40:48 PM »

Ok, one things that bothers me is this "one record in 20 years" --- Simply not true. GNR had a hiatus where nothing was happening for years. I don't remember all the dates and timelines. But, they were not active and Axl was trying to get a new band together. I think at that time, Duff was still in it. What, 99-2000, CD came out in 08. I'm not saying CD didnt take a long time to come out but it wasn't 20 years. If one wants to get even technical about it, the Live era album came out in 1999. 9 years later we got CD. I'll accept that.

And Live era is an album.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #816 on: January 03, 2013, 09:42:19 PM »

Ok, one things that bothers me is this "one record in 20 years" --- Simply not true. GNR had a hiatus where nothing was happening for years. I don't remember all the dates and timelines. But, they were not active and Axl was trying to get a new band together. I think at that time, Duff was still in it. What, 99-2000, CD came out in 08. I'm not saying CD didnt take a long time to come out but it wasn't 20 years. If one wants to get even technical about it, the Live era album came out in 1999. 9 years later we got CD. I'll accept that.

Why let facts get in the way of an argument though?  Roll Eyes

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #817 on: January 04, 2013, 03:10:40 AM »

Why let facts get in the way of an argument though?  Roll Eyes

hiatus or not, that is still the same amount of time on the calendar.  If we are talking about facts then the fact is from September 18th 1991-January 4 2013 Guns N Roses have released one record of original material, and one song for the End of Days soundtrack, that is 15 original songs in 22 years.  I am not one here bitching about a lack of new music, I think the band should do whatever the hell they want, but there has been a lack of new music, there is no debating that.

From 1992 till now there have been a ton of bands who have formed, had full careers, greatest hits albums, broken up and reunion tours in that time.  22 years is a long time in the music business.  To act like putting out 1 record in that span is normal is crazy.

Once again I just want the band to do whatever they want.  If they want to put out records great, I will buy them.  If they want to tour, great I will buy tickets to see them.  But refusing to acknowledge that there has been a lack of new material is just as bad as those who are bitching about there being a lack of new material.
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #818 on: January 04, 2013, 03:16:21 AM »

What he said.
MsRocknrolla
Opening Act

« Reply #819 on: January 04, 2013, 04:36:48 AM »

Chinese Democracy is a very miscellaneous album, still it's a great album, it's not up to the standard of the original band, but it's still a great album... if Axl had 3 or 4 albums done by the new band already released, fans would respect him a lot more...

Yet he doesn't deliver and he expects people to forget and move on...i guess Axl is a bit selfish uh?

Halo, your point is understood and I would like an album too. However, being insulting and condescending about CD and Axl and Jarmo isn't necessary. And it's not going to make the album happen any faster. We have no control over this situation or any situation. People fall apart and things change. Wise fans accept this situation and try to make the best of it. Moving on is a part of life. Maybe there have been times in your life when you've had to do the same. Quarreling over a message board isn't going to help matters. If it did, I would tear you apart in a heartbeat.

And if you still can't figure out how to move on, maybe you should explore other bands.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 05:12:17 AM by MsRocknrolla » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 493 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: