Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 01:51:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 493 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1599912 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #760 on: January 02, 2013, 06:28:51 AM »

1. Either you have a bad English

I don't have a "bad English".

Touring is the biggest reason why the band has no time to release the album/Promote it etc...

There, you said it again. You blame touring for the lack of a new album.

You didn't? Then don't post stuff like "Touring is the biggest reason why the band has no time to release the album" if that's not what you meant.

But if the band has some free time, and they still don't use the free time to record the album, obviously the album will not get recorded, isn't it that obvious?

Yes it's obvious.

It's also obvious that touring isn't an obstacle. Smiley

Do you know why? If it was, they wouldn't book shows. Smiley

I never said touring was the only reason. I said Touring affects the band, because it gives them no time to sat down and record a new album properly.

And I said there's no proof that they would sit down to do that without touring. Which you agreed with.

I said, I'm happy with an active band (touring) compared to an inactive band (not touring/recording).

Disagree?

Those are lame excuses... The Label is the first to want to release new albums... they're the first ones to be hungry about new material, because they can make money out of it.

Your view of the world is pretty simplistic.

Of course they wanna make money. Duh!

But it has to be on their terms, not always on the artists' terms. Try to Google some articles about artists who had issues arguing with their record companies.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #761 on: January 02, 2013, 06:58:15 AM »

1. Either you have a bad English

I don't have a "bad English".

Touring is the biggest reason why the band has no time to release the album/Promote it etc...

There, you said it again. You blame touring for the lack of a new album.

You didn't? Then don't post stuff like "Touring is the biggest reason why the band has no time to release the album" if that's not what you meant.

But if the band has some free time, and they still don't use the free time to record the album, obviously the album will not get recorded, isn't it that obvious?

Yes it's obvious.

It's also obvious that touring isn't an obstacle. Smiley

Do you know why? If it was, they wouldn't book shows. Smiley

I never said touring was the only reason. I said Touring affects the band, because it gives them no time to sat down and record a new album properly.

And I said there's no proof that they would sit down to do that without touring. Which you agreed with.

I said, I'm happy with an active band (touring) compared to an inactive band (not touring/recording).

Disagree?

Those are lame excuses... The Label is the first to want to release new albums... they're the first ones to be hungry about new material, because they can make money out of it.

Your view of the world is pretty simplistic.

Of course they wanna make money. Duh!

But it has to be on their terms, not always on the artists' terms. Try to Google some articles about artists who had issues arguing with their record companies.

/jarmo

"Touring is the biggest reason why the band has no time to release the album"

i still don't get where did you get the idea that i said that that's the only reason why the band isn't releasing an album. I said that that's the BIGGEST reason for it... doesn't mean it's the ONLY reason....Besides the other reasons, to me touring is the biggest obstacle, doesn't mean it's a stand alone obstacle.
They will always book shows with album or no album, if they can make millions of dollars with it....and that's what i don't like.

I said that even if i had proof, you would find a way to twist it around like you always do (I didn't say i didn't have proof). In any case, anyone can see that, we don't need proof, it's logic... we just need to use logic, simple as that.

My view of this whole thing is pretty simple yeah.... other artists also negotiate with labels, they don't find as many obstacles as Axl seems to have to negotiate a contract to release new albums and promotions for it.
Axl seems to find obstacles in any attempts he does... Labels want to make money with the artist, the artist wants to make label with touring.

The fault can't be all on the label's site... other bands go out of their way and they release stuff... so i guess we all know where is the ball, in which court it is...

I think it goes to the same pattern where the perfeccionism of a certain artist delayed a cd for more than 15 years. Hell, even heard that same artist ran over some tapes that contained mixes of his albums, with a truck...Now, that's professionalism at his best... he didn't even look at it, just didn't give a shit... Maybe that's why the album was so delayed... Not because of his perfeccionism... but because he didn't give a shit...

Oh My God i cant deny this...
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #762 on: January 02, 2013, 11:53:34 AM »

I don't really have hope of ever seeing a new album. If Guns' albums start with Appetite and end with CD, I'm okay with that. If I can catch them on tour every couple of years, that's great.

Don't get me wrong. I would love to hear what this current lineup could do in the studio. In a way, I think I'm not being respectful of the new band by not being super hyped up for a new album. Imagine all the abilities we've seen on stage from Bumblefoot, D.J., Tommy and the others mixed with Axl and channeled into an album. It would be awesome. However, I've not seen or heard anything that compels me to start counting down to the next record. I think it would be completely awesome, but maybe it's not in the cards.

I'm okay with the records ending here, even though I think future albums have the potential to be incredible.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #763 on: January 02, 2013, 01:40:46 PM »

i still don't get where did you get the idea that i said that that's the only reason why the band isn't releasing an album. I said that that's the BIGGEST reason for it... doesn't mean it's the ONLY reason....Besides the other reasons, to me touring is the biggest obstacle, doesn't mean it's a stand alone obstacle.

Because you keep going on and on about it!

If you know that there's many reason for something not happening as you wish, and you keep going on and on about one possible reason, you come of as somebody who ignores the other reasons.

They will always book shows with album or no album, if they can make millions of dollars with it....and that's what i don't like.

Why don't you like the band playing shows and making other fans happy?  Tongue

I said that even if i had proof, you would find a way to twist it around like you always do (I didn't say i didn't have proof). In any case, anyone can see that, we don't need proof, it's logic... we just need to use logic, simple as that.

Funny.

You don't have any proof that touring is "the biggest (but not only) reason" that there's no new album out.... It's your theory.

A theory is not proof in itself. Even if you have a high opinion of said theory.

My view of this whole thing is pretty simple yeah.... other artists also negotiate with labels, they don't find as many obstacles as Axl seems to have to negotiate a contract to release new albums and promotions for it.

You even mentioned Smashing Pumpkins. A band that used to be on a major label and nowadays aren't.

The same band who wanted to release a double album but the record label refused.... So they released a single album, and wanted to release a follow up single album later, which was also refused by the record company. The band ended up releasing the second album on the Internet....

So much for nobody else having problems with record companies.  Shocked

I think it goes to the same pattern where the perfeccionism of a certain artist delayed a cd for more than 15 years. Hell, even heard that same artist ran over some tapes that contained mixes of his albums, with a truck...Now, that's professionalism at his best... he didn't even look at it, just didn't give a shit... Maybe that's why the album was so delayed... Not because of his perfeccionism... but because he didn't give a shit...

Professionalism is to put your art first, not the agendas of others. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #764 on: January 02, 2013, 06:00:01 PM »

If you know that there's many reason for something not happening as you wish, and you keep going on and on about one possible reason, you come of as somebody who ignores the other reasons.

Funny.

You don't have any proof that touring is "the biggest (but not only) reason" that there's no new album out.... It's your theory.

A theory is not proof in itself. Even if you have a high opinion of said theory.

You even mentioned Smashing Pumpkins. A band that used to be on a major label and nowadays aren't.

The same band who wanted to release a double album but the record label refused.... So they released a single album, and wanted to release a follow up single album later, which was also refused by the record company. The band ended up releasing the second album on the Internet....

/jarmo

What i don't like is constant touring with no new albums... it just makes no sense... sure there will always be people that will go to the shows whether GNR is active in the studio or not, but means don't justify the ends.

The only thing that would justify it is money... and that's why Axl does GNR for the money at this point.

You mentioned The Smashing Pumpkins...why didn't Axl release an album through the Internet?  I guess they did release the first album and they did release the 2nd album after all on the internet.

Professionalism is doing your job, whether it's art or not.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #765 on: January 02, 2013, 06:41:55 PM »

Personally I think you're just sucking Jarmo into these circular arguments in hopes that he'll spill some secret info.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #766 on: January 02, 2013, 06:43:40 PM »

Funny.

/jarmo

What i don't like is constant touring with no new albums... it just makes no sense... sure there will always be people that will go to the shows whether GNR is active in the studio or not, but means don't justify the ends.

The only thing that would justify it is money... and that's why Axl does GNR for the money at this point.

You mentioned The Smashing Pumpkins...why didn't Axl release an album through the Internet?  I guess they did release the first album and they did release the 2nd album after all on the internet.

Halo69, shut the f++k up you blithering idiot. You have no idea what you are going on about and you sound like those Middle Age English Kings who used to execute Jesters because they could not deliver as and when requested.

Artists deliver as and when they are ready, and for you to request any otherwise is selfish and moronic. GN'R touring is enough for alot of people. I enjoy reading about what they are up to and where they are doing it. And as for demeaning Jarmo, who is out there on the case giving us live updates from the venue, I see no sense in that.
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #767 on: January 02, 2013, 07:00:10 PM »

Football clubs who don't win trophys......mid table teams

People still go to see em don't they?

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
gnrfan1797
« Reply #768 on: January 02, 2013, 07:01:23 PM »

Funny.

/jarmo

And what exactly is axl's job? Is it to please you?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #769 on: January 02, 2013, 07:30:02 PM »

For a guy like you who is obsessed with bringing the money issue into every other post, don't you think a lot of bands put out albums so they can tour and make more money?

Tours don't promote albums, albums promote tours.

Did the thought ever occur to you?

Why? I'm sure you know why. You seem to know everything about the deals and business secrets regarding GN'R.

So playing three hour shows when not expected to must be above professionalism? Smiley

/jarmo

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #770 on: January 02, 2013, 07:34:33 PM »

Funny.

/jarmo

Halo69, shut the f++k up you blithering idiot. You have no idea what you are going on about and you sound like those Middle Age English Kings who used to execute Jesters because they could not deliver as and when requested.

Artists deliver as and when they are ready, and for you to request any otherwise is selfish and moronic. GN'R touring is enough for alot of people. I enjoy reading about what they are up to and where they are doing it. And as for demeaning Jarmo, who is out there on the case giving us live updates from the venue, I see no sense in that.

I'm not demeaning anybody. I'm just having a friendly discussion with him.

"Artists deliver as and when they are ready, and for you to request any otherwise is selfish and moronic". - Oh really?? ok... well i don't feel ready to go to work tomorrow.Tell my boss i'll show up for work when i'm ready..." rofl

The funniest thing is that Axl probably thinks that way Mysteron, just like you... just go to work like anybody else and put your art where your mouth is... "just shut up and sing".

"GN'R touring is enough for alot of people" - For You maybe?... Certainly for Axl i would say! Cash Grab tours!

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #771 on: January 02, 2013, 07:44:12 PM »

For a guy like you who is obsessed with bringing the money issue into every other post, don't you think a lot of bands put out albums so they can tour and make more money?

Tours don't promote albums, albums promote tours.

Did the thought ever occur to you?

Why? I'm sure you know why. You seem to know everything about the deals and business secrets regarding GN'R.

So playing three hour shows when not expected to must be above professionalism? Smiley

/jarmo

"Tours don't promote albums, albums promote tours" - Really? then why is Axl not promoting his tours?   Wink

"So playing three hour shows when not expected to must be above professionalism?" - If he's an artist, most certainly he has fun doing shows, and that's why he plays for 3 hours. I would prefer to have a setlist of 12 songs, in which 2 of them were new, then having 18 GNR songs plus 6 or 7 covers every show.

Jarmo take this as an example, if i'm working at a help desk, and i'm told to send emails and answer calls and i only feel like sending emails, there's a good chance someone will come at me and tell me i need to do calls as well. If i'm only doing calls, they will tell you to do emails as well.

Same with Axl... artists tour and record albums... if they're only touring they're only doing 50% of their job, chances are they're not doing a good job.
It's wrong to make artists look like they're out of this world, and spoil them like Axl is spoiled all the time. They have to work, shut the hell up and contribute with something to this World.

To me they're humans like anybody else, they eat and shit like me, and they smell the same.  hihi
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 07:46:23 PM by Halo69 » Logged

Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #772 on: January 02, 2013, 08:57:35 PM »

Jarmo have you heard any chatter about a new album you can share?  While I am enjoying this lively debate, I am curious about a new album because of the title of the thread.  There was indication something may had been setup in Vegas but it didn't occur?

Also, what the heck did Bumblefoot say in the beginning of the Eddie Trunk interview that got censored?
bicycle handgrenade
Headliner

« Reply #773 on: January 02, 2013, 10:29:20 PM »

Halo69 aka Andre CC is not capable of logical thought. He's too emotionally disturbed that Guns N' Roses hasn't released an album in the last four years.

Andre, you say you can't skip work if you don't feel like going, but you fail to realize that Guns N' Roses doesn't work for you and is under no obligation to provide you with an album whenever you desire. You agree to go to your job. That is not the same as you demanding that GNR deliver work to you that they never agreed to.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #774 on: January 03, 2013, 02:14:03 AM »

I have to laugh at this cause Halo69 says he would gladly go see GNR whenever he can if they are around, yet for some reason says also he hates that they tour and nothing new for him, my advise Halo shut the fuck up and don't buy a fucking ticket or go to anymore shows, your not worthy!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #775 on: January 03, 2013, 05:16:53 AM »

Halo69 aka Andre CC is not capable of logical thought. He's too emotionally disturbed that Guns N' Roses hasn't released an album in the last four years.

Andre, you say you can't skip work if you don't feel like going, but you fail to realize that Guns N' Roses doesn't work for you and is under no obligation to provide you with an album whenever you desire. You agree to go to your job. That is not the same as you demanding that GNR deliver work to you that they never agreed to.

Bicycle, i'm not demanding an album for me, I'm requesting an album for all of us, the fans, who are the "clients" of GNR. Universal/Sanctuary, who Axl WORKS FOR, was demanding the album for years (Chinese Democracy) and Axl didn't deliver.

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #776 on: January 03, 2013, 05:19:11 AM »

I have to laugh at this cause Halo69 says he would gladly go see GNR whenever he can if they are around, yet for some reason says also he hates that they tour and nothing new for him, my advise Halo shut the fuck up and don't buy a fucking ticket or go to anymore shows, your not worthy!

Oh I'm not gonna bother buying more tickets until they have new songs on the setlist, don't worry. It would be boring to go see exactly the same show i saw in 2010 and 2006...

I will gladly go to more shows when they present something new.

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #777 on: January 03, 2013, 06:32:39 AM »

Oh I'm not gonna bother buying more tickets until they have new songs on the setlist, don't worry. It would be boring to go see exactly the same show i saw in 2010 and 2006...

Your an idiot my friend... if your a GN'R fan then the show won't be boring regardless of the set they play. You want to think about people who live in countries where GN'R rarely play or will never play. You are very lucky to be able to see the band perform period, everything else is just crap, the band don't owe you anything. You choose to listen to the music and you choose whether you go to see them or not. Being a fan of a band, does not mean they have a contractual obligation to please you, grow up and stop acting like your an insider.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #778 on: January 03, 2013, 06:42:19 AM »

Your an idiot my friend... if your a GN'R fan then the show won't be boring regardless of the set they play. You want to think about people who live in countries where GN'R rarely play or will never play. You are very lucky to be able to see the band perform period, everything else is just crap, the band don't owe you anything. You choose to listen to the music and you choose whether you go to see them or not. Being a fan of a band, does not mean they have a contractual obligation to please you, grow up and stop acting like your an insider.

Never said i was an insider, however that doesn't mean i haven't heard some things you have never dreamed of listening to  hihi

As far as other countries where GNR doesn't play live so often... i'm sure they wouldn't mind being the first countries to get exclusive new songs on the setlist...

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #779 on: January 03, 2013, 07:07:11 AM »

Bicycle, i'm not demanding an album for me, I'm requesting an album for all of us, the fans, who are the "clients" of GNR. Universal/Sanctuary, who Axl WORKS FOR, was demanding the album for years (Chinese Democracy) and Axl didn't deliver.

This is how clueless you really are. Sanctuary has been out of the picture for over six years by now!

You're "requesting" an album for all of us? How noble of you.

What most of us realize however, is that we don't need to be represented by you, or have you as our spokesperson. We know the band will deliver an album when they are ready to do so. Without some whiny wannabe insider's constant "requests". Smiley

You use terms like "cash grab" to make yourself look cool. And in reality you'll support it if it benefits you. A new album would make cash for somebody as well, you don't mind. There's other examples but this isn't the place to point out your hypocrisy....

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 493 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: