Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 02:16:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 493 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1603850 times)
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #740 on: December 31, 2012, 11:43:54 AM »

however it's not fair and square that Axl was so unprofessional with his label...

And the label was professional by pissing off the artist?

And just for the matter nothing justifies that Axl didn't do any kind of promotion for the album and didn't go out touring with his band. Nothing justifies that Axl took 15 years to make a new album, and even so he was not fully satisfied with its release...(apparently)

This is where you're wrong.

Axl doesn't owe you anything. You're not a shareholder in GN'R.

Plenty of artists have stopped making music and/or touring.

Again this is not a theory... it is my personal opinion, that i believe is the truth!

About GNR being "different" that is the LAMEST excuse i have ever seen, read or heard... rofl

GN'R is different, that's a fact. Not a theory or personal opinion. The proof is in the history. Smiley

Also, where did you prove your theory to be right about a band not touring equaling a new album?

All I saw was talk about 2008 and the album coming out and the band going on tour.... Nowhere did you manage to prove that if the band wasn't an active touring act they'd be in a recording studio....

Maybe one day he will stop the "don't fucking care what you think attitude" for a change, for just one day and he will finally do something creatively awesome!

That's the attitude that gave us all that music we all love. Did you forget already?

/jarmo

Jarmo you try to hard to twist everything you can. I understand... for you touring is perfect cause you get to travel the World on their bus for free. For other people... after all this years... people have been tired of the constant touring.

I proved your touring subject wrong time and time again, but i will tell you again.
With all the touring the band doesn't have time to set dates in studios meet with producers etc etc etc... Unless we're going to have a crappy album full of electronica that resembles Linkin Park or some shit like that.

You come up with the lamest excuses... so just because the label didn't do what Axl wanted (They're their boss...) Axl thinks he can just skip all the promotion of his album and all that surrounds it... Again unprofessional!

He doesn't owe me... he owes some integrity to himself... to the people who have invested their time and efforts in GNR like his band members for example, his management, his record company etc...

GNR is different? HA! Again the lamest excuse i've ever seen in my life...

Well he should leave that attitude for the music, and accept that he's a normal human being and get to work, instead of acting childish and trying so hard to be this Outlaw that in his head he is...

Oh My God i cant deny this...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #741 on: December 31, 2012, 11:58:58 AM »

Jarmo you try to hard to twist everything you can. I understand... for you touring is perfect cause you get to travel the World on their bus for free. For other people... after all this years... people have been tired of the constant touring.

And I told you that at every show I see thousands of people having an awesome time!

How do you explain that?

Come on, explain it to me how people who don't attend the shows are the ones who should tell the band not to play to fans who are obviously having a great time! How it's up to you to deny other fans the possibility to see the band live? Please explain.

I proved your touring subject wrong time and time again, but i will tell you again.
With all the touring the band doesn't have time to set dates in studios meet with producers etc etc etc... Unless we're going to have a crappy album full of electronica that resembles Linkin Park or some shit like that.

So, you're saying since the band didn't tour in 2011 until October, they spent the first half of 2011 doing just that?

Care to share your proof that it happened?

I mean, using your logic, they must've spent all that free time in 2011 talking and meeting producers, right?

Did you know that the guy who helped produce the last GN'R album is actually on tour with the band. So by being on tour, they can meet the producer at every show!
Caram who helped produce the album has been mixing the band's live sound on the tour.

Of course you knew that....

See, this is the problem. It makes sense to you. I reality, it's not something that has to or will happen. Just because it makes sense to you.

You need to realize this. You need to wake up and realize that you're just another fan, who happens to wish that he actually knew what was going on, but in reality has no clue. I'm sorry to have to burst your bubble.

You've proven time after time how you're desperate to feel important and come up with theories of what could happen if things went according to your plan.
In your plan, the band who doesn't tour is busy recording. In the real world, that's one option, there's other options as well. you fail to see this. You fail to realize that a band on tour might just take time off to spend time with their families, or work on solo projects.

Well he should leave that attitude for the music, and accept that he's a normal human being and get to work, instead of acting childish and trying so hard to be this Outlaw that in his head he is...

Shows how much you know.

You don't treat the band as human beings, you treat them as some kind of machine who owe you to produce products.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 12:01:41 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
J.Hanover
Opening Act

Been a fan for 24+ years!

« Reply #742 on: December 31, 2012, 05:14:38 PM »

Jarmo,

You give this piece of crap to much time and space for his bullshit! You know the truth and you know that he doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. If he wanted the truth and was connected he could ask someone in the band but he doesn't and doesn't have the know how to do it or he would have posted it. Just clip the fool and be done with his non-sense. His act is boring and it gives me and most of us a headache.

Have a Happy New Year and keep up the great work!

1st GN'R Show 10/22/1989!
Just took my 13 yr old son to the 11/9/12 show
Now he's hooked!
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #743 on: December 31, 2012, 07:07:38 PM »

Ok allow to me to summarise.

Halo is completely full of crap.

In addition GNR has released one album in 20 or so years. No matter how you twist, squirm or spin that's pretty damn poor.

End thread.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #744 on: December 31, 2012, 07:51:14 PM »

Lol that's more than fair

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #745 on: December 31, 2012, 09:08:26 PM »

In addition GNR has released one album in 20 or so years. No matter how you twist, squirm or spin that's pretty damn poor.

End thread.

No offense, but I didn't create the thread for discussions on how many albums GN'R have put out in the past.  hihi

Unfair to end the thread based on those off-topic discussions.  Wink

Since there's no news right now on the progress of the next album, I'll throw in a topic for 'speculation':

What would you guys think of a Lies-esque release? A while-we-patiently-wait sort of release with the band coming together for a week creating 4-5 songs on the fly. Could be all-acoustic or with some experimental sounds, pretty bare-boned songs.

I know Axl mentioned not too long ago he hoped they got back to a music and melody approach when they created new music as opposed to piecing together what each band member did separately.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
old_at_heart
Opening Act

« Reply #746 on: December 31, 2012, 10:26:34 PM »

I would totally welcome it. A four or five song EP would also ease a lot of pressure of putting out another album.

I've always thought they could put out a few new songs on a retrospective type of release. For example, before The Who put out their latest record (which I believe was about a 20 years after their last one), they released a single disc best of with two new tracks. About a year or so after, their new record came out. Not a bad way to get some new music out there without a lot of pressure. 
Hustlers Revenge
Opening Act

« Reply #747 on: January 01, 2013, 04:23:44 AM »

i would like to speculate that there will be one new song featuring a fender rhodes piano. and another with pump organ and bagpipes. or maybe not.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #748 on: January 01, 2013, 04:22:19 PM »

And I told you that at every show I see thousands of people having an awesome time!

How do you explain that?

Come on, explain it to me how people who don't attend the shows are the ones who should tell the band not to play to fans who are obviously having a great time! How it's up to you to deny other fans the possibility to see the band live? Please explain.

So, you're saying since the band didn't tour in 2011 until October, they spent the first half of 2011 doing just that?

Care to share your proof that it happened?

I mean, using your logic, they must've spent all that free time in 2011 talking and meeting producers, right?

Did you know that the guy who helped produce the last GN'R album is actually on tour with the band. So by being on tour, they can meet the producer at every show!
Caram who helped produce the album has been mixing the band's live sound on the tour.

Of course you knew that....

See, this is the problem. It makes sense to you. I reality, it's not something that has to or will happen. Just because it makes sense to you.

You need to realize this. You need to wake up and realize that you're just another fan, who happens to wish that he actually knew what was going on, but in reality has no clue. I'm sorry to have to burst your bubble.

You've proven time after time how you're desperate to feel important and come up with theories of what could happen if things went according to your plan.
In your plan, the band who doesn't tour is busy recording. In the real world, that's one option, there's other options as well. you fail to see this. You fail to realize that a band on tour might just take time off to spend time with their families, or work on solo projects.

Shows how much you know.

You don't treat the band as human beings, you treat them as some kind of machine who owe you to produce products.

/jarmo

Jarmo i'm not gonna waste more time answering your twisted thoughts of what i said.

"I mean, using your logic, they must've spent all that free time in 2011 talking and meeting producers, right?"

This is your twisted logic, NOT mine... you're the one using that logic... that's your interpretation.

No matter how hard i would try to prove you wrong, with proof of everything i said, you would try to twist it or find another word on my sentence that would allow you to go into a different topic and runaway from my question/topic.

I understand... again for you it must be great to travel with the band and go to every different country you've been in at the band's costs... who wouldn't like to travel the World without paying a dime every year like you do... that's great for you! That obviously makes touring well worth for you.
I also understand that the Host of your website is paid by them, so i even if you agreed with me, i get it you have to control your opinion, or be controlled for that matter.

For those of you interested in speculation, you will love that piano ballad Soul Monster, it's the song that goes closer to what the old band would write and do in the Illusions Era. (See Jarmo... no reason why Axl should be afraid of puting out a new song on the shows...he has some great material coming up).

You will also love Seven which at the time it was a band effort, not sure if they changed anything in between, with all the line up changes, but it was pretty cool, my favorite from those songs about to come. (Or not come...)

« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 05:00:28 PM by Halo69 » Logged

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #749 on: January 01, 2013, 05:38:14 PM »

So you have heard Seven and Soul Monster?"

How?

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #750 on: January 01, 2013, 06:29:21 PM »

How?

He hasn't he is simply trying to sound important rofl
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #751 on: January 01, 2013, 06:35:08 PM »

"I mean, using your logic, they must've spent all that free time in 2011 talking and meeting producers, right?"

This is your twisted logic, NOT mine... you're the one using that logic... that's your interpretation.

Explain to all of us what you meant with the band being able to meet producers if they weren't on tour!

What does it mean?

Go ahead.

Does this mean the band not being on tour means they will work on a new album? Yes/No?

Simple question.

You can try to twist this to be about me all you want. When I smell bullshit, I will say so and your posts stink.

You can post a lot of shit, but you got nothing to back it all up. So what's your defense? Attacking me.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #752 on: January 01, 2013, 07:21:28 PM »

End thread.

The bottom line!  Yes, Axl doesn't owe us anything, he can do what he wants.  But damn, it sure would be nice to get music from the guy. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #753 on: January 01, 2013, 08:06:40 PM »

Halo

Jarmo

How do you explain that?

I'm not taking Halo's side, a lot of his argument is nonsense.  But on this topic Jarmo, your missing the point.  There ARE people out there who are tired of GNR touring and would like something else.

Yes, thousands of people have a great time at a GNR show.  Why wouldn't they, they put on a great show!  And when GNR hits a place they haven't played before, I think great!  But Halo is right when he says people are getting tired of JUST touring.  This doesn't mean EVERYONE, nor does it mean that THESE people don't enjoy the show.  And it doesn't mean GNR should STOP touring.  All he's saying is that there are people out there who would like something more.  You don't think this is true? 

The bottom line is that a band can tour the rest of their lives, have fun, and make money.  But if the band never makes any new music, their following will be less and less.  Why, because there is nothing new.  Its the same act.   

GNR can do what they want, and if that is to keep touring, then that's fine.  Halo was just making a point that there are people out there (some who have seen recent shows), who would like something else.  You can't deny that there are people who think this way out there.....I'm sure there are plenty.       
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 08:15:41 PM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #754 on: January 02, 2013, 03:35:59 AM »

Yes, thousands of people have a great time at a GNR show.  Why wouldn't they, they put on a great show!  And when GNR hits a place they haven't played before, I think great!  But Halo is right when he says people are getting tired of JUST touring.  This doesn't mean EVERYONE, nor does it mean that THESE people don't enjoy the show.  And it doesn't mean GNR should STOP touring.  All he's saying is that there are people out there who would like something more.  You don't think this is true? 

The bottom line is that a band can tour the rest of their lives, have fun, and make money.  But if the band never makes any new music, their following will be less and less.  Why, because there is nothing new.  Its the same act.   

GNR can do what they want, and if that is to keep touring, then that's fine.  Halo was just making a point that there are people out there (some who have seen recent shows), who would like something else.  You can't deny that there are people who think this way out there.....I'm sure there are plenty.       

And there's the issue of relevance.

Heck, even the Rolling Stones wouldn't go on tour without at the very least a couple of new songs under their belt.

As good as the current gigs may be, the heart of the matter is that GnR is playing material that, for the most part, they've been playing for 12 to 25 years.

I'm not saying they should care about being relevant; I just say I do.

cheers
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #755 on: January 02, 2013, 03:40:54 AM »

"Yes, thousands of people have a great time at a GNR show.  Why wouldn't they, they put on a great show!  And when GNR hits a place they haven't played before, I think great!  But Halo is right when he says people are getting tired of JUST touring.  This doesn't mean EVERYONE, nor does it mean that THESE people don't enjoy the show.  And it doesn't mean GNR should STOP touring.  All he's saying is that there are people out there who would like something more.  You don't think this is true?  

The bottom line is that a band can tour the rest of their lives, have fun, and make money.  But if the band never makes any new music, their following will be less and less.  Why, because there is nothing new.  Its the same act.    

GNR can do what they want, and if that is to keep touring, then that's fine.  Halo was just making a point that there are people out there (some who have seen recent shows), who would like something else.  You can't deny that there are people who think this way out there.....I'm sure there are plenty."  

Yes! Thanks for explaining Jarmo again what i've been trying to explain him for several days...

I myself love to go see GNR whenever they come to Portugal or whenever i'm overseas, they always put on a great show, so i will always go to their shows no matter what, like the big fan that i am!

I've been to all the Hammerstein Nights in 2006, i went to their show in Everett as well and i saw them in my country in 2010.
Hammerstein shows were the coolest, i had a great time, and it was great to see Axl so excited to be back.

This doesn't mean that i'm gonna wish that they do like 3 World Tours in a row...The Vegas Residency was cool and unique and i support that idea, but they should have included at least one or two new songs in the setlists.

Truth is... Axl has 2 new songs on the setlists... Oh My God and Goin' Down for what's worth, they rehearsed Oh My God several times already, and they still haven't played it... Don't understand why...

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #756 on: January 02, 2013, 03:43:14 AM »

Explain to all of us what you meant with the band being able to meet producers if they weren't on tour!

What does it mean?

Go ahead.

Does this mean the band not being on tour means they will work on a new album? Yes/No?

Simple question.

You can try to twist this to be about me all you want. When I smell bullshit, I will say so and your posts stink.

You can post a lot of shit, but you got nothing to back it all up. So what's your defense? Attacking me.  hihi

/jarmo

It's up to Axl to answer yes or no. What it means is that they have more possibilities and time to create a new album, doesn't mean they will or will want to, that's up to Axl obviously.

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #757 on: January 02, 2013, 03:48:00 AM »

How?

He hasn't he is simply trying to sound important rofl

Really? so you got inside my head, did one of those total recall sessions and saw that i haven't heard Seven or Soul Monster uh? 

I think Jarmo knows by now what i heard and what i didn't hear... Grin

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #758 on: January 02, 2013, 05:18:50 AM »

It's up to Axl to answer yes or no. What it means is that they have more possibilities and time to create a new album, doesn't mean they will or will want to, that's up to Axl obviously.

No, I'm asking you.

So you finally come around and say touring isn't necessarily the only reason the band isn't in recording mode. Good.

And also, you can blame Axl alone, since that seems to be the popular thing to do, but without knowing all the reason(s), it might make you look ignorant...

Of course.

I never disagreed with the desire to get more material released by GN'R. What kind of fan wouldn't love to have lots and lots of songs on their iPhone to listen to?

The whole point was that he seems to suggest the band needs to stop so they can record. While I'm saying, if they wanna tour, let them. When they are ready to record, they will. Stop trying to force them. You're not the shareholder in Universal Music.... So stop acting like one. (Not aimed at you personally)

That's all.

Being a negative attention seeker has never done anybody any good.....

/jarmo

« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 06:22:40 AM by jarmo » Logged

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #759 on: January 02, 2013, 06:18:06 AM »

No, I'm asking you.

So you finally come around and say touring isn't necessarily the only reason the band isn't in recording mode. Good.

/jarmo

I would like to know where you read that?! That's not what i said at all...

1. Either you have a bad English
2. You don't know how to read
3. Again you twisted what i said

Touring is the biggest reason why the band has no time to release the album/Promote it etc... But if the band has some free time, and they still don't use the free time to record the album, obviously the album will not get recorded, isn't it that obvious?

I never said touring was the only reason. I said Touring affects the band, because it gives them no time to sat down and record a new album properly.

The thing is all people like you like to put the fault on the Label... Oh Axl didn't release a new album yet, because the Label wants a reunion, or because the Label keeps rejecting the material, or because the Label keeps delaying it, or because the Label isn't fair on the negotiations with Axl...or this and that....

Those are lame excuses... The Label is the first to want to release new albums... they're the first ones to be hungry about new material, because they can make money out of it.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 06:21:21 AM by Halo69 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 493 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: