Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2024, 05:42:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228155 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 493 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1606636 times)
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #680 on: December 26, 2012, 06:33:44 PM »

Guns N Roses are not a band that puts out a lot of new music(1 album in almost a quarter century) nobody is debating that.  What confuses me is the constant whining about it.  Would it be nice if GNR followed the  "write, record, release album, tour, rest, repeat" cycle that virtually every other band on earth follows? Of course.  Who wouldn't want a new GNR album every 2 or 3 years?  That is not the way this band operates, and it confuses me when people still complain about it all these years later.

There was a time back in the dark ages when we only knew Axl was alive because he got arrested in an airport in Phoenix in 1998.  That was it, that was all the GNR news we got that year.  Fast forward to now and GNR has a record that has come out fairly recently and they have been touring the hell out of it, that is pretty cool if you ask me. I was able to see the band 13 times since 2002, back then I wasn't sure if I would ever get to see them once!   Never mind the fact that now with the internet being what it is we are able to check out clips from all the shows they play almost instantly.

Moral of the story, enjoy what the band is doing, because one day there wont be a Guns N Roses and there will truly be "no news" as some of you like to put it.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 06:35:46 PM by Bodhi » Logged
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #681 on: December 26, 2012, 06:53:32 PM »

This thread is becoming so entertaining. Smiley

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #682 on: December 26, 2012, 07:05:15 PM »

Especially when there's nothing new inserted in those setlists.

You need to stop talking out of your own ass.

I guess you're such an "insider" that you knew what songs the band were gonna play in Las Vegas and Asia? You knew 100% of the setlist before the shows because you're such an insider right?

I mean it's bad enough that the normal fan has to see the videos through youtube, but its even worst, that we already know the setlist before the set finishes...

No, you don't.

Just because you know the backbone of the set, doesn't mean you know everything.

Do you think Roger Waters fans whine about him playing The Wall for 10 nights in a row in the same city?

I have no doubt Axl is touring endessly for the money... that i have no doubt my friend... hey the money is awesome, can't blame him for it...

Good for you.

It doesn't make sense to tour so much in such period of time with exactly the same songs every single fuckin night...

Because you're attending every show every night so it doesn't make sense to you?

Oh wait, you're not! You haven't attended a show since 2010 have you?

Hey... i'm not the only one who says it... most people think the same... you can ask any fans, even the most die hard fans they will tell you the same, if you asked them if it's time to have a new still unreleased song on the setlist. If you doubt me... give it a try... i wanna see that happening.. Kiss

And what do you say to those people in the audience who happened to hear Better (for example) for the first time when they saw the band live?

You really need to stop thinking you're some kind of spokesperson for GN'R fans or some kind of voice for reason. You're not.

You're not an unique flower. You're one person who doesn't even attend shows demanding the band to change the show for you....

Makes no sense!

They aren't selling out shows everywhere they go and they're playing a lot of smaller venues recently...
I'm a die hard but I want new music!!!

And this kind of lies will help you get the new music sooner?

Why do some of you have such a hatred against an active band?

If the band wants to tour, why not be happy to have an active band who wants to play for fans who want to see them?

What's so horrible about that?

a reunion has nothing to do with this ...and jarmo arguing in any of these threads is pointless... he works for the current band (or whatever you want to call what he does)...so its not like he has a non biased opinion ...

So my opinion isn't valid but all these whiners' opinions are? And you call me biased.... Hello McFly!

/jarmo

What do i tell people who are hearing Better for the first time live? hum... they certainly have been sleeping under a rock... Besides Better being played on every single show in 2006/2007, it was also played in 2010 all of the shows, it was played in 2011 and it was played in 2012.

If you wanted to make a point i think you could have been smarter... like pickin TWAT or something... or maybe Riad... hey it wasn't played since 2002...

Honestly.. yes i haven't been in a show since 2010... they haven't come to Portugal since then... why would i travel around the World to see the same exact show i saw in 2010 With a couple more covers...

I'm not demanding... i'm discussing and suggesting...

What would hurt to put a new track on the setlist.. I mean a NEW track... not a cover, a jam or a song from the Illusion years...(the albums that Axl himself criticized for not being what he expected... Matt Sorum is not a good drummer all of a sudden...)

Hell even AC/DC... the most repetitive band in the World (hell.. the coolest band as well in the World!), but if you look at their albums... their songs sound the same, they're great, but they're about the same... but even at 60 years old each of them... they release more albums then Axl...they release more new songs than Axl...Their shows are much more interesting than GNR...

Obviously Axl could care less about that...he's on his confort zone... making millions of dollars singing the hits...

How about a little challenge uncle Axl? How about changing a bit? I doubt he can nail Oh My God live at this point, but i'm sure there's plenty of songs under his wing that he could throw in a show to the fans...to all the fans, not just me...

What is he afraid of? Is he afraid someone leaks a new song after it gets played? is he afraid people don't like it? is he at that point where he's starting to lack his confidence on throwing out new material? Doesn't he have confidence on his band? Is he finally caring after all these years what people might think or say about him and his music?

I mean... i don't understand... seems like this ballsy guy from 1992 lost his balls somewhere down the line...and most importantly seems to have lost his passion for the art that is creating music...It's hard for me to believe it...but...

Oh My God i cant deny this...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #683 on: December 26, 2012, 07:25:38 PM »

Jarmo, basically you treat people like shit who critizize the band (even in the slightest possible manner) and what's the point in having a discussion board running if every aspect of, even, contructive (yes, some points by some of the above posters) criticism is forbidden? Don't take this as an assault on yourself personally because it's just not cool to treat people like you do.

Sorry, but you're wrong.

If I treat anybody like "shit", it's because they treat my favorite band like shit on our site. Which I have the right to disagree with.  Smiley

It's amusing how anything negative can be posted as "truth", but when I point it out and dare to question it, I apparently treat people like shit. Funny.

What do i tell people who are hearing Better for the first time live? hum... they certainly have been sleeping under a rock... Besides Better being played on every single show in 2006/2007, it was also played in 2010 all of the shows, it was played in 2011 and it was played in 2012.

Looks like that one went over your head, no surprise. The whole point was that just because you know the song, just because you heard it live in 2010, doesn't mean everyone else did. For example, the fans in India. How many of them had heard the song live? I bet you have a number since you know everything so damn well...

If you wanted to make a point i think you could have been smarter... like pickin TWAT or something... or maybe Riad... hey it wasn't played since 2002...

Smarter?  hihi

Honestly.. yes i haven't been in a show since 2010... they haven't come to Portugal since then... why would i travel around the World to see the same exact show i saw in 2010 With a couple more covers...

Yeah, who would like to see their favorite band live in concert playing the songs they love... Who I ask you? Who!!!!!!

What would hurt to put a new track on the setlist.. I mean a NEW track... not a cover, a jam or a song from the Illusion years...

For what purpose? For people who don't attend the shows to have something new to dissect?

I'm sure the band will once they're ready to do so.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #684 on: December 26, 2012, 08:30:13 PM »

I get the feeling Axl is focused on the tour right now.  When he records he applies 100% focus on making a new album. 

PS- Sometimes I think Jarmo comes across like he is treating fans poorly if there is a disagreement.  But in real life I am sure he is a teddy bear.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #685 on: December 26, 2012, 08:33:22 PM »

I get the feeling Axl is focused on the tour right now.  When he records he applies 100% focus on making a new album. 

PS- Sometimes I think Jarmo comes across like he is treating fans poorly if there is a disagreement.  But in real life I am sure he is a teddy bear.

he's just giving his opinion and how he feels on the matter. granted, he is a very passionate about how he feels and what he believes. simple as that.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #686 on: December 26, 2012, 09:11:48 PM »

Jarmo has been consistent, going way back before his close ties with the band.  And to his credit, if he didn't run this place like he did, it would turn into a constant shit on Axl community, much like other forums. 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #687 on: December 26, 2012, 11:20:26 PM »

Guns N Roses are not a band that puts out a lot of new music(1 album in almost a quarter century) nobody is debating that.  What confuses me is the constant whining about it.  Would it be nice if GNR followed the  "write, record, release album, tour, rest, repeat" cycle that virtually every other band on earth follows? Of course.  Who wouldn't want a new GNR album every 2 or 3 years?  That is not the way this band operates, and it confuses me when people still complain about it all these years later.

There was a time back in the dark ages when we only knew Axl was alive because he got arrested in an airport in Phoenix in 1998.  That was it, that was all the GNR news we got that year.  Fast forward to now and GNR has a record that has come out fairly recently and they have been touring the hell out of it, that is pretty cool if you ask me. I was able to see the band 13 times since 2002, back then I wasn't sure if I would ever get to see them once!   Never mind the fact that now with the internet being what it is we are able to check out clips from all the shows they play almost instantly.

Moral of the story, enjoy what the band is doing, because one day there wont be a Guns N Roses and there will truly be "no news" as some of you like to put it.

I don't believe anyone is "whining" about it.  It's usually just people stating what they would like to see happen.  Things like "I hope they get into the studio", "I would love to get a new album this year", "I guess touring means they wont be focused on an album"...etc.  Then Jarmo and all the other people who support everything Axl does (and can't EVER disagree with a move he makes), start replying with "GNR doesn't owe you anything", "they can do what they want to do", or just dissect every little thing a person says.  "Some" may say that certain comments or posts are "treating GNR like shit", but I don't see it that way.  GNR (Axl) can do whatever they want, I agree with this.  If Axl never puts out another album, that's his choice.  And he will still be one the greatest front man ever.  However, the bottom line is that "some" people on here get really uptight when a post goes against supporting Axl.  If you disagree with Axl and what he's doing, and state your opinion, you WILL be attacked on here.   

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
cineater
Legend

« Reply #688 on: December 27, 2012, 12:33:53 AM »

Not Axl's choice to never put out another album.  It's the label choice not to put out CDII.  We know the music is there.  We know they've talked about it.  I guess we know the results of that conversation.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #689 on: December 27, 2012, 12:48:26 AM »

I think a lot of the disappointment in no new album stems from fans who staunchly defended Axl and "Nu-GNR" for years and held high hopes of a great new era of exciting relevant GNR music. These hopes have basically been dashed time and time again. For the most part the haters back in the day have been proven pretty well right. Hell even CD was forced out. All these people attacking anyone with a critical view point were the same ones going on and on about Axl having 4 albums worth of material blah blah. Whilst he no doubt has lots of sketches and recordings at this point it's all talk.

20 years and just one album is really hard to defend. It's very dissapointing to be such a huge fan of this great band and see them disappear as a relevant creative force. Creative being the operative word here.

Touring is great and I hope those that see them and the band themselves have a blast. But as Axl has said, a gig is like a one night stand and is surely not how a band is remembered or gains respect really. It's just hard to see such a pool of talent being neutered. Surely the younger guys must be a little creatively frustrated. I doubt BBF, Ashba don't wanna just tear in and make lots of great albums. The lingering fear of being touring CD in 4 years must occur to them (well unless they know of some grand plan but history with this band would indicate they likely have no idea what's happening).....sigh

carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #690 on: December 27, 2012, 12:57:53 AM »

Not Axl's choice to never put out another album.  It's the label choice not to put out CDII.  We know the music is there.  We know they've talked about it.  I guess we know the results of that conversation.

Fair enough. As we know labels aren't really into releasing things that will make them money Roll Eyes

There's always an excuse other than the obvious one. Anyway I'm actually sick of hearing myself complain but it is very disappointing as a fan. Not as disappointing as anyone with a critical view being labelled dishonest, a Slash lover, not a real fan etc etc etc. It all becomes a bit too close to the mentality of a religious cult for me. Don't ever say a contrary view of your out. Sometimes the people that are gently critical are your real friends whilst those that will defend ANYTHING are the ones whose motives should be questioned.

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #691 on: December 27, 2012, 01:39:55 AM »

Fair enough. As we know labels aren't really into releasing things that will make them money Roll Eyes

There's always an excuse other than the obvious one. Anyway I'm actually sick of hearing myself complain but it is very disappointing as a fan. Not as disappointing as anyone with a critical view being labelled dishonest, a Slash lover, not a real fan etc etc etc. It all becomes a bit too close to the mentality of a religious cult for me. Don't ever say a contrary view of your out. Sometimes the people that are gently critical are your real friends whilst those that will defend ANYTHING are the ones whose motives should be questioned.

We don't know what the situation is with the label. It could be that whatever batch of songs have been worked on has been deemed as not being commercially viable enough to justify a marketing investment. Who knows.

But, the bit about CD being "forced out" is an interesting one. Rarely do you see anyone state something so blatantly unsubstantiated as fact.

Regardless, I do understand the desire to hear more new music. What I don't understand is how some people who have been fans of the band through the CD era complain over and over again about the lack of new music, as if somehow complaining about it will change anything. If that were true, then we would have gotten CD sooner than in late 2008. Having said that, if complaining about it doesn't help to change the situation, and history says it doesn't, then I can't fathom why some do it over and over again.

Ali
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #692 on: December 27, 2012, 03:03:40 AM »

But, the bit about CD being "forced out" is an interesting one. Rarely do you see anyone state something so blatantly unsubstantiated as fact.

Ok you may be right. If I am wrong I retract that statement without reservation. I have kind of lost some interest in GNR over the last couple of years. My memory is that Axl felt the album wasn't complete or that in some form it wasn't ready for release....artwork, final touches etc and the label essentially brought the release forward??? Am I mistaken there??

I think people complain purely because it is frustrating to watch something you care about seemingly be wasted. Plus it's human nature to whinge a little. Most of it's somewhat harmless. As far as not being able to understand complaining when this won't change things. Well I severely doubt anyone only complains when this will alter the outcome. E.G does saying "This headache is pissing me off" gonna alter anything?? Nope, but your gonna have a whinge anyway.

Would those that feel any form of complaint of criticism is out of order if everyone actually acted like one album in 20 years is actually a healthy and desirable situation??
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 03:09:06 AM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #693 on: December 27, 2012, 05:33:37 AM »

Jarmo, basically you treat people like shit who critizize the band (even in the slightest possible manner) and what's the point in having a discussion board running if every aspect of, even, contructive (yes, some points by some of the above posters) criticism is forbidden? Don't take this as an assault on yourself personally because it's just not cool to treat people like you do.

Sorry, but you're wrong.

If I treat anybody like "shit", it's because they treat my favorite band like shit on our site. Which I have the right to disagree with.  Smiley

It's amusing how anything negative can be posted as "truth", but when I point it out and dare to question it, I apparently treat people like shit. Funny.

Looks like that one went over your head, no surprise. The whole point was that just because you know the song, just because you heard it live in 2010, doesn't mean everyone else did. For example, the fans in India. How many of them had heard the song live? I bet you have a number since you know everything so damn well...

Smarter?  hihi

Yeah, who would like to see their favorite band live in concert playing the songs they love... Who I ask you? Who!!!!!!

What would hurt to put a new track on the setlist.. I mean a NEW track... not a cover, a jam or a song from the Illusion years...

For what purpose? For people who don't attend the shows to have something new to dissect?

I'm sure the band will once they're ready to do so.

/jarmo

I don't think Jarmo is treating me like shit, he might be a smart ass by the way he expresses his opinions but i'm up for the fight. It's just a friendly discussion and it's natural that we might disagree on some points or even most of the points.

Jarmo, U mentioned India... Obviously it's good to go to countries where people have never seen GNR live but that happens once in a lifetime and it doesn't justify the 1 album in 15 or 20 years. What difference would it make to go to India and bring a new song to them on the setlist? would it bother you?... Obviously not! Would fans there be happy?... Obviously they would!

Axl reluctantly delays everything to do with new stuff, it's like he lost his balls and he's afraid of the critics and he's not ready... feels like a woman that is not ready to engage... this coming from a guy who wrote Get In The Ring and such songs and ranted all over the 90s...

Is he afraid the material might not be good enough? cause i can tell people liked Chinese Democracy...

Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #694 on: December 27, 2012, 06:12:03 AM »

I think a lot of the disappointment in no new album stems from fans who staunchly defended Axl and "Nu-GNR" for years and held high hopes of a great new era of exciting relevant GNR music. These hopes have basically been dashed time and time again. For the most part the haters back in the day have been proven pretty well right. Hell even CD was forced out. All these people attacking anyone with a critical view point were the same ones going on and on about Axl having 4 albums worth of material blah blah. Whilst he no doubt has lots of sketches and recordings at this point it's all talk.

20 years and just one album is really hard to defend. It's very dissapointing to be such a huge fan of this great band and see them disappear as a relevant creative force. Creative being the operative word here.

Touring is great and I hope those that see them and the band themselves have a blast. But as Axl has said, a gig is like a one night stand and is surely not how a band is remembered or gains respect really. It's just hard to see such a pool of talent being neutered. Surely the younger guys must be a little creatively frustrated. I doubt BBF, Ashba don't wanna just tear in and make lots of great albums. The lingering fear of being touring CD in 4 years must occur to them (well unless they know of some grand plan but history with this band would indicate they likely have no idea what's happening).....sigh

Very well put.
Jude
Rocker

« Reply #695 on: December 27, 2012, 07:47:35 AM »

Very well put.

Yeah, this is everything that I've been thinking about this situation lately. I agree 100% with ya carmiedisco12.

On topic - I really would like to see the band do a live/rare EP via iTunes. Just to tide fans over til a full album. Thereby avoiding the whining (though some still would). The Seeker, Don't Let It Bring You Down, Riff Raff, and three original live tracks, good quality/mix and some cover art - be a cool little promo. You could even go the STP route and make it a free download when you buy tickets (they did that with their Live in Chicago set for the Between the Lines tour).

Something like this would be excellent treat for the fans  Smiley

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #696 on: December 27, 2012, 08:16:57 AM »

On topic - I really would like to see the band do a live/rare EP via iTunes. Just to tide fans over til a full album. Thereby avoiding the whining (though some still would). The Seeker, Don't Let It Bring You Down, Riff Raff, and three original live tracks, good quality/mix and some cover art - be a cool little promo. You could even go the STP route and make it a free download when you buy tickets (they did that with their Live in Chicago set for the Between the Lines tour).
[/quote]

Of course!

As you mentioned, people like AndreHalo69 wouldn't be happy since it would be covers...

The rest of us would love it, it's GN'R after all.

Jarmo, U mentioned India... Obviously it's good to go to countries where people have never seen GNR live but that happens once in a lifetime and it doesn't justify the 1 album in 15 or 20 years. What difference would it make to go to India and bring a new song to them on the setlist? would it bother you?... Obviously not! Would fans there be happy?... Obviously they would!

Of course I mentioned India.

It was a great example of people who NEVER saw the show you whine about before.

Also, a bunch of people always end up seeing shows for the first time. They either couldn't make the shows the last time or were too young etc etc.

So it makes very little sense to me to modify a setlist for people who do not attend the shows, people like you.

I'm pretty sure the band doesn't play a single note for people like you, I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings.

Would it bother to add a new song to the set? Of course not.

But it's not a make or break deal to me. I don't spend a bunch of my free time obsessing over it.

They played new songs in 2001, and what happened? People were complaining that the songs on Chinese weren't new!  rofl

Axl reluctantly delays everything to do with new stuff, it's like he lost his balls and he's afraid of the critics and he's not ready... feels like a woman that is not ready to engage... this coming from a guy who wrote Get In The Ring and such songs and ranted all over the 90s...

Nice theory, I'm sure certain "journalists" who hate Axl couldn't have come up with a better one.

Let me put this straight. It doesn't matter to me what songs my favorite band plays. I love them all.

Every show I've been too, I've looked at the crowd singing along having a blast. Then I read a small minority on the Internet complaining about the setlist. That makes me laugh.

Would I like a new album? Of course. Do I think shows are in the way of a new album's release? No. We didn't have shows in 2011 until October, there was no new album last year. So I don't understand why some of you seem to assume no tour equals band writing/recording.

I'm happy with an active band and when the time comes to put out new music, I'll look forward to hearing it (on record and in concert).  Smiley

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 08:19:17 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #697 on: December 27, 2012, 12:01:31 PM »

Jarmo, if a band is touring most certainly isn't concentrated in making an album...

Talkin' about the time off until 2011... well if you wanna give that as an example... the band should have promoted Chinese Democracy and should have ended the Chinese Democracy by 2011, unfortunately due to unprofessionalism on both parts, management and Axl who seem to be the parties responsible for the whole Chinese Democracy mess, the tour only started in 2011, there was no promotion at all...

If there's one word to describe the whole Chinese Democracy era (not because of the old band departure but because of what happened within that era), that word is Unprofessionalism! Simple as that Jarmo, whether you like it or not...

Not to mention that realistically Axl should have delivered Chinese Democracy about a decade earlier...I'm sure he will always say the line "i don't work for you, i work for Universal bla bla bla but what that really does, is really to avoid questions and avoid the truth"

With all honesty i understand... Getting your website host paid by the band and traveling with them is pretty cool and handy... but even you deep down inside know exactly what i'm talkin' about.

If it doesn't matter what songs they play, then why would indians care if they were gonna watch Better or General right? (Just going by your principle)

Jarmo People in India couldn't care less if they watched Better or The General live... i do believe they would enjoy The General more though, but that's just me, and i guess it's you as well, right buddy  Kiss

Yes they did play new songs in 2001, and that was Awesome! See, now we're agreeing on something... it makes a lot of sense for 2 new songs that were played in 2001 to suddently disappear from the setlists doesn't it???.... Undecided

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #698 on: December 27, 2012, 12:23:15 PM »

They played new songs in 2001, and what happened? People were complaining that the songs on Chinese weren't new!  rofl

I think this is more about the leaks than the live performances.

Anyway, IMHO there are two main problems afflicting this band:

- people stil don't perceive this band as a band tout court. This is more the Axl's thing in people's mind. So that's why new material played and written by the new memember would be desirable and would help in this sense. CD is perceived as old material because it's written by someone & recorded by someone else. Again, played live by someone else. So the thread of all this process is Axl and only Axl and not "the band": you can tour forever but if you really believe in people surrounding you at this point you could (& should) put out new material and make this band solid in people's eyes.

- (less important but you have to deal with this) times are changed, people constantly watch live performances on yt and you know...there is a lot of stuff out there but at the same time it's always the same thing for people watching it over and over again. Once upon a time you barely knew the set lists, finding a good quality bootleg was very hard so you probably couldn't care less about "new songs"or at least you could get never enough of this kind of stuff. Today the problem is exactly the opposite so, again, you have to put out new material to attract people's attention

« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 12:26:32 PM by ITARocker » Logged
habby46
Opening Act

« Reply #699 on: December 27, 2012, 01:39:24 PM »

Look I love Guns as much as any poster on here! I'm 22 years old, I've seen the band three times, unfortunately they don't come to my neck of the woods so often(grande prairie, Canada) ice even travelled across the content to Detroit ONLY to see them and I was front and centre. I own every album they've ever put out and 5 vinyl copies of CD. I watch vids on YouTube of every show. I check every setlist, I'm on this site every single day. 

Jarmo, please don't tell me I have a hatred for this band again, thank you!

Axl Rose is like a hero for me and I feel like I've known him for my whole life. Only recently I've started to really pine for something new, played live, a single, or even just Axl saying something new is coming in the next year or whatever. Touring is amazing don't get me wrong, I'll see them everything they come my way, and I can't wait to take my girl to her first GNR show even if they play all the same songs as last time. New music is what I crave and the hopes of something new is what keeps me coming back at this point.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 493 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: