Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:56:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1678517 times)
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #660 on: December 24, 2012, 12:49:41 PM »

Some folk's obviously were not around for the real dead no news at all years back when.  I would take GN'R on the road over any of the dark days that once was. ok

As far as I'm concerned I remember those days clearly--looking forward to 2000 intentions being released, things like that. But in those days, I was hoping for a new record, not a tour.

Maybe Jarmo wouldn't be half as excited about all the touring if he wasn't part of Axl's entourage now. Me, I'm just a fan hoping for some creativity from a band I hold dear.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 12:54:12 PM by Chuzeville » Logged
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #661 on: December 24, 2012, 12:52:35 PM »

Not taking sides here, or criticising for that matter.

A lot of the angst just seems to stem from frustration about the music we know has been recorded, but no word from guns about a future release.

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #662 on: December 24, 2012, 01:35:17 PM »

Touring is great! Just like eating pancakes is great, but when you eat pancakes for 2 years it gets old and you don't wanna eat them no more. Same with touring... When you hardly put anything on the setlist that kinda previews what's coming next... it becomes uninteresting. Especially on GNR's case, with all the drama that surrounded the album.

Maybe Axl should be more humble and look at it this way... damn... my fans waited for 15 years for a damn album, the album didn't even got released as i wanted them to see it (artwork), they got a cheap artwork with lots of typos, it's not like i owe them, but cmon... i'll throw them a bone... here's two new songs to the setlist... Goin' Down and The General...
Hopefully that will keep them entertained until eventually a new album comes out and they will keep coming to the shows with the same happiness they always do.

Instead... he probably thinks like this:

Hell they will be coming to the shows anyway, and i need money to fund the new album. I don't care if they have the same setlist or not. I'll throw a couple of covers, plus a couple of songs of the Illusions and they'll be fine... Once i get enough money from Chinese Democracy, i'll think about making something new. I don't work for them or owe them anything at all... why should i care... i will do as i wish and they have to live with it, move on and wait for new songs...
Plus i can't risk the songs to be leaked again... it will cost me a lot of money...money money money money....

Honestly i think Axl does it for the money.... i don't see the passion for the music anymore in him... i see it as he's doing his job..and all he cares is about making more money... maybe that's why he even wanted the name so bad...

Obviously we're gonna have the people saying that he's filthy rich already bla bla bla... well guess what, once you get rich you become greedy and jealous and all you want is more and more and more, and you become so greedy that you don't even care who you have to stomp or who you have run down or what you have to do to make more money!

The real money is on touring and that's why Axl keeps touring, to make money... to do his job! He couldn't care less about releasing new music to the fans, He couldn't care less how lucky he is to be an artist and being able to entertain millions of fans, to make a difference in their lives, to create art. He couldn't care less what you think of it...

Prove me wrong Axl!

Hopefully i won't get banned or my post won't be deleted for telling the truth. I'm hoping i just get one of those  Roll Eyes from Jarmo...Will see

If Axl was just doing it for the money, and if money's all he cares about he would've gotten Slash and all the old guys back together for the biggest reunion in music history and made more money than any of us could ever imagine...he's clearly not doing it for the money...I think it's pretty clear he's out doing what he wants and is having fun doing it for the first time in a loooooong time.

2006: Edmonton
2010: Calgary
2010: Saskatoon
2012: Las Vegas (x2)
2014: Las Vegas (x2)
2016: Las Vegas
2016: Toronto
2017: Regina
2017: Edmonton
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #663 on: December 24, 2012, 02:49:30 PM »

Touring is great! Just like eating pancakes is great, but when you eat pancakes for 2 years it gets old and you don't wanna eat them no more. Same with touring...

So, by your train of thought, if you fuck Megan Fox every night for two years, it will get old and you won't want to fuck her anymore?

I can make up A BILLION of these... but this is just stupid.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #664 on: December 24, 2012, 03:43:15 PM »

Stardust.... Well put  ok

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #665 on: December 25, 2012, 08:16:26 AM »

Touring is great! Just like eating pancakes is great, but when you eat pancakes for 2 years it gets old and you don't wanna eat them no more. Same with touring... When you hardly put anything on the setlist that kinda previews what's coming next... it becomes uninteresting. Especially on GNR's case, with all the drama that surrounded the album.

It's not uninteresting to the thousands of fans, who aren't you, who go see the band every time they play!

Prove me wrong Axl!

He did.

He could play 90 minutes like most bands do, and still get paid.

Oh, and there's not been a reunion tour.....

All you "he's doing it for the money" evangelists always "forget" that your beloved reunion would be the ultimate option in making the most cash.

You attack GN'R for not releasing anything new since 2008 and touring, yet you'd be happy as a pig in shit if there was a reunion with the old band playing the greatest hits with absolutely no new material since 1991....

How ironic!

How about you prove us all wrong and stop being such a whiny fan? It's the holidays after all.

Hopefully i won't get banned or my post won't be deleted for telling the truth. I'm hoping i just get one of those  Roll Eyes from Jarmo...Will see

You think way too highly of yourself if you think your posts are the absolute truth.

They're just clueless ramblings from somebody who wishes he was somebody with a clue. So he pretends to have a clue by posting long posts and telling everybody it's "the truth".

Merry Christmas!

Maybe Jarmo wouldn't be half as excited about all the touring if he wasn't part of Axl's entourage now. Me, I'm just a fan hoping for some creativity from a band I hold dear.

It sure brings a smile to my face seeing 20,000+ have a great time and then reading posts about how nobody cares by people who weren't there.... Puts things in perspective.

Merry Christmas!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #666 on: December 25, 2012, 10:59:26 AM »

I agree that money isn't the primary motivation, but do think the reunion argument is flawed in more way than one.
I know the popular opinion here seems to be that Slash, Duff, Steve and Izzy are clamoring for a reunion and Axl is holding up the works, but there is no evidence to prove this is the case(other than Steven).
The facts are that Duff, Slash and Izzy all walked away of their own free will. Money was clearly not their motivation then, and there's no evidence to suggest anything has changed. Their happiness and well being was worth more to them than remaining a part of the money making machine they helped create that is Guns N' Roses.
I don't believe money is Axl's primary motivation either, though I'm not exactly sure what does drive him these days. Touring? Great, fine by me.

In my opinion, the biggest flaw is to assume that a reunion would be a cash grab greatest hits tour in the first place.
Other than Axl, the alumni have been very active creatively since leaving Guns.
Izzy has released 11 full length albums of original material, Slash has 6, Duff has participated in 8 or more...They all have multiple guest spots on other people's albums.
Point is, they have proven over and over again that they aren't content resting on their laurels, and that creating new music still drives them.

Velvet Revolver was very successful, and Slash so far has left money on the table by not reuniting, as it appears he feels his happiness/well being would be put in jeopardy by working with Scott. Maybe that will change. Maybe time will eventually heal the wounds between them, and maybe it will do the same with Slash and Axl, but to assume that Axl even has the option to reunite the old band is nothing more than playing make believe at this point.

All signs point to everyone involved being content with where their careers happen to be at this point in time.
Hopefully it stays that way, because in my opinion, the time for a reunion's ship has long since sailed.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #667 on: December 26, 2012, 04:42:08 AM »

As a matter of fact, live shows are great. It's great that bands tour, as a general principle. And yes I enjoyed seeing GnR live last summer.

What baffles me is the lack of recorded music.

Because let's face it, most bands manage to tour and release records.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #668 on: December 26, 2012, 10:34:03 AM »

thats the key right there....

the band should be able to accomplish BOTH....

its not about not liking the shows or there isnt enough news about the band to keep people interested...

as fans.. we want both... were allowed...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #669 on: December 26, 2012, 11:10:11 AM »

Tool's last album was 2006
How long between Aerosmith records?

You guys need to realize that a band does not release music on demand for you. You're a fan of the band not a fucking shareholder. I'd love new music but some people have a serious sense of entitlement.

On topic - I really would like to see the band do a live/rare EP via iTunes. Just to tide fans over til a full album. Thereby avoiding the whining (though some still would). The Seeker, Don't Let It Bring You Down, Riff Raff, and three original live tracks, good quality/mix and some cover art - be a cool little promo. You could even go the STP route and make it a free download when you buy tickets (they did that with their Live in Chicago set for the Between the Lines tour).
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #670 on: December 26, 2012, 11:47:11 AM »

Jarmo!  Grin Happy Holidays to you too. Here we go again:

About the reunion thing, you know why i would like a reunion more than anything in the World? Let me explain you...

Because even though GNR did take some time to put an album out even then, i can't guarantee you that instead of just 1 album... we would have about 2 or 3 of them by now... if this was still the Old Band.
Now i do prefer the Old Band, but i'm not the kind of guy that will be an hipocrite and say the the new band isn't cool... because it is! Fact is... they don't put anything out, and at the end of the day... the touring might keep their pockets full, and it might be fun on that particular day you're there watching the show live. How many fans are able like you to travel the World and see the band on every city they go to??

Fact is... it might be very good for you (because you get to see them everywhere they go, and it might be good for the band, because touring is where musicians make the most money, and it might be great for the label as well, because they need to have money to fund the album... but for the common fan, who watches them once or twice when they come to your country, it's boring... Especially when there's nothing new inserted in those setlists.

I mean it's bad enough that the normal fan has to see the videos through youtube, but its even worst, that we already know the setlist before the set finishes...

I have no doubt Axl is touring endessly for the money... that i have no doubt my friend... hey the money is awesome, can't blame him for it...

A reunion would be awesome if there was a future album involved... a new album from the new band would be awesome as well.

It doesn't make sense to tour so much in such period of time with exactly the same songs every single fuckin night...

Hey... i'm not the only one who says it... most people think the same... you can ask any fans, even the most die hard fans they will tell you the same, if you asked them if it's time to have a new still unreleased song on the setlist. If you doubt me... give it a try... i wanna see that happening.. Kiss

« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 11:49:19 AM by Halo69 » Logged

Oh My God i cant deny this...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #671 on: December 26, 2012, 12:16:43 PM »

lol how did this turn in to a reunion thread ? lol

funny thing is Jarmo is the one who brought it up... but anyway

a reunion has nothing to do with this ...and jarmo arguing in any of these threads is pointless... he works for the current band (or whatever you want to call what he does)...so its not like he has a non biased opinion ...

and if i fall in to the category of a whiny GNR fan... because apparently most of us are according to some... im ok with that... if i want new GNR music...and that makes me whiny... then im fine with that too

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #672 on: December 26, 2012, 01:20:19 PM »

About the reunion thing, you know why i would like a reunion more than anything in the World? Let me explain you...

Because even though GNR did take some time to put an album out even then, i can't guarantee you that instead of just 1 album... we would have about 2 or 3 of them by now... if this was still the Old Band.
Now i do prefer the Old Band, but i'm not the kind of guy that will be an hipocrite and say the the new band isn't cool... because it is! Fact is... they don't put anything out, and at the end of the day... the touring might keep their pockets full, and it might be fun on that particular day you're there watching the show live. How many fans are able like you to travel the World and see the band on every city they go to??

Fact is... it might be very good for you (because you get to see them everywhere they go, and it might be good for the band, because touring is where musicians make the most money, and it might be great for the label as well, because they need to have money to fund the album... but for the common fan, who watches them once or twice when they come to your country, it's boring... Especially when there's nothing new inserted in those setlists.

I mean it's bad enough that the normal fan has to see the videos through youtube, but its even worst, that we already know the setlist before the set finishes...

I have no doubt Axl is touring endessly for the money... that i have no doubt my friend... hey the money is awesome, can't blame him for it...

A reunion would be awesome if there was a future album involved... a new album from the new band would be awesome as well.

It doesn't make sense to tour so much in such period of time with exactly the same songs every single fuckin night...

Hey... i'm not the only one who says it... most people think the same... you can ask any fans, even the most die hard fans they will tell you the same, if you asked them if it's time to have a new still unreleased song on the setlist. If you doubt me... give it a try... i wanna see that happening.. Kiss

OK, so how are they selling out shows everywhere they go?  Roll Eyes You sir are a twat, and you don't speak for this fan...
habby46
Opening Act

« Reply #673 on: December 26, 2012, 03:09:12 PM »

They aren't selling out shows everywhere they go and they're playing a lot of smaller venues recently...
I'm a die hard but I want new music!!!
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #674 on: December 26, 2012, 03:34:04 PM »

OK, so how are they selling out shows everywhere they go?  Roll Eyes You sir are a twat, and you don't speak for this fan...

They will always sell out shows as long as Axl fronts the band...and as long as the name Guns N'Roses is there.  That is only further proof to why Axl tours so much... because he makes a lot of money doing it and he doesn't even need to release new music...

Fact is... out of those 200 shows per year if so much, you're gonna watch 1 or 2 maximum... except if you don't have a life of your own, you're rich enough to be traveling along with the band... or if you're lucky enough like Jarmo, who gets to travel with them and even gets his website host paid by them...

In a normal situation, you have a job and a family to feed... and you're only gonna see them when they're at your town...so it's cool to see them one time a year, but it's also boring, because you're seeing the same show again... sure you can say that it will always be a great show, and don't get me wrong, it will always be an awesome show... but it's about time Axl stops being drown by all the money he can make and put some new songs in his setlist...

The thing is... i don't even think Axl is that driven artistically anymore...he seems to be doing it all for the money really... that's my opinion!

Oh My God i cant deny this...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #675 on: December 26, 2012, 03:40:37 PM »

Especially when there's nothing new inserted in those setlists.

You need to stop talking out of your own ass.

I guess you're such an "insider" that you knew what songs the band were gonna play in Las Vegas and Asia? You knew 100% of the setlist before the shows because you're such an insider right?

No, you don't.

Just because you know the backbone of the set, doesn't mean you know everything.

Do you think Roger Waters fans whine about him playing The Wall for 10 nights in a row in the same city?

Good for you.

Because you're attending every show every night so it doesn't make sense to you?

Oh wait, you're not! You haven't attended a show since 2010 have you?

And what do you say to those people in the audience who happened to hear Better (for example) for the first time when they saw the band live?

You really need to stop thinking you're some kind of spokesperson for GN'R fans or some kind of voice for reason. You're not.

You're not an unique flower. You're one person who doesn't even attend shows demanding the band to change the show for you....

Makes no sense!

They aren't selling out shows everywhere they go and they're playing a lot of smaller venues recently...
I'm a die hard but I want new music!!!

And this kind of lies will help you get the new music sooner?

Why do some of you have such a hatred against an active band?

If the band wants to tour, why not be happy to have an active band who wants to play for fans who want to see them?

What's so horrible about that?

a reunion has nothing to do with this ...and jarmo arguing in any of these threads is pointless... he works for the current band (or whatever you want to call what he does)...so its not like he has a non biased opinion ...

So my opinion isn't valid but all these whiners' opinions are? And you call me biased.... Hello McFly!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #676 on: December 26, 2012, 03:46:13 PM »

point being the average fan doesnt have a vesting interest in what axl rose does...

that person might enjoy going to a show or buying some merchandise or whatever

but it has an affect on ur every day life... if theres no tour...

im not hating... if i were you id want the tour to never end as well !

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #677 on: December 26, 2012, 03:50:58 PM »

i think im tapping out on this conversation tho...

it never goes anywhere positive !

there is a portion of people who feel the endless touring is cool but want more...and i certainly understand their point of view

but i also see how people are content with the way things are...

so ill leave it at that ... i hope there is more sooner than later

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #678 on: December 26, 2012, 05:42:19 PM »

The difference between people like you two and the rest of us is that we support the band in what they decide to do.

If it's touring, then cool.

While some of you spend time whining about there not being a tour (like in 2009) or no album (like now).

I remember how some of you were hoping for a new album until you got one, then it was a tour until the band toured and them it changed again... Never happy. Sounds boring to me!

/jarmo

Dok
Headliner

« Reply #679 on: December 26, 2012, 05:55:44 PM »

So my opinion isn't valid but all these whiners' opinions are? And you call me biased.... Hello McFly!

/jarmo

Well I think that there's certainly a point being made here. With you being put on payroll by the band for whatever it is you're doing, you're certainly not the right person to judge other people's opinion. In the end people are paying you (too) for whatever it is you're doing by buying tickets to the show you are at because...well why, take photos for your website? Maybe you're a nice enough guy. I can't tell. Without going into the discussion too much because I guess I'd be labeled "whiny" (seems to be your favorite adjective in every 2nd sentence) very quickly, let me just put it like this: Jarmo, basically you treat people like shit who critizize the band (even in the slightest possible manner) and what's the point in having a discussion board running if every aspect of, even, contructive (yes, some points by some of the above posters) criticism is forbidden? Don't take this as an assault on yourself personally because it's just not cool to treat people like you do. Sure it's your place and shit but without the people it's nothing. Just take a second to think about it...
Peace!
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: