Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 07:14:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228143 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 493 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1599693 times)
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #5820 on: December 16, 2016, 10:09:31 AM »

No hurry for a new album Baconman. We're not all americans....still a lot of touring to do. And about paying for concerts, thats for concerts, you don't buy shares of any album.... ok

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5821 on: December 16, 2016, 10:14:57 AM »

No hurry for a new album Baconman. We're not all americans....still a lot of touring to do. And about paying for concerts, thats for concerts, you don't buy shares of any album.... ok

Please don't group me in with the "American" group.   I actually move around at concerts and don't sit on my phone the whole time recording a show.

I do agree with the fact that as profitable as this tour has become, it wont slow down anytime soon......
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #5822 on: December 16, 2016, 10:29:37 AM »

As I read in the Donald Trump thread, you are very good at skipping over things, when you read something you don't like.  But I do get a kick out of the fact that you have to announce the fact you are skipping over things.  You know, you could just skip them.....

I feel it's polite to let people know when I'm leaving the conversation, so they don't think I'm just ignoring them.  It's a stylistic thing.

And the trump thread...it wasn't the conversation that got me to go. It was the overall change in tone of the thread.  It wasn't even the current bit of discussion I was involved in. It was that civility completely disappeared in the thread (on both sides), and as I've said before, the rah rah ditto head thing of supporting your party, and spouting it's propaganda, while bashing your opponent (aka politics as sporting event)...I find distasteful.  Once it went that way...meh. Not worth my time.

I am far from angry or miserable.  I do find it very funny though, how happy people say they are, come across as miserable and angry when they hear things they don't like.   

I think its interesting that you read any of what I've written as angry. It's not.  Smiley

Its very very hard to make me angry, in general.  I don't think I've ever been angry, in any discussion I've ever had, on these boards. Not even in the Trump thread.

And...I didn't say you WERE angry or miserable.  I said that if your expectation is that GnR is going to act on your "I want" list any time soon....and you're going to hold anyone else accountable to that list...you're likely going to BE angry or miserable.  Because it's not likely any of what you want is going to happen.  So wanting it is fine. Expecting change is just going to disappoint you.

There is zero discussion on this forum regarding anything.   So in fact if you or anyone else doesn't want to talk about anything or ignore everything or just sit back with a smile on your face and a chest pumped out because "your band" is big again and no matter what they do, how can anyone have a negative comment because of the year we have had!!  Do so!

I don't mind discussing the future. Thats interesting.  See my post on what I think the next album release will be.  That stuffs fun. And there are a handful of active topics in that vein (when they're not getting derailed by the bacon wish list) that are also active and interesting.

I don't find discussing what bacon wants, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.....you get the point?.......to be all that interesting. Nor does it seem particularly relevant to the bands future.  You get responses mostly telling you, lately, to stop with the broken record.  I mean...I guess it's traffic....but....

And I never understood why forum members feel they need to generate content at all costs, and that a slow board means they are honor bound to come here and use that as an excuse to postcontroversial, duplicate, or argumentative content just because it's slow. I'm not specifically pointing at you, man...because you are not  really a big offender. But....it's the same logic.   Its slow. So what?  I mean....I'm not spending from jarmos account this month (damn it jarmo!!!), so......it's not my problem or concern.

It was busy as fuck for the bulk of the NA tour. Less so for the SA portions.  That's pretty much in line with what you'd expect, IMHO.  I expect it'll pick up when the shows pick up, and the holidays are over.  

I ignore threads on this site all the time because the topic doesn't appeal to me.  I sure don't com into that thread though and say "just so you know, I am stepping out of this one and ignoring this thread"

Ditto.

And that last bit is false.  I don't just pop in and say "I'm not posting here". I will do so when the conversation starts to wind down/has run it's course, though, to let the person know I'm dropping out.  As I said, I feel like when we reach that point, it's best to let them know, so they don't think I'm ignoring them for another reason. It's a "good bye".

And none of that has to do with my last bit.  I'm telling YOU, specifically, why I'm not replying to your posts, and replying to others.  I do that because, in a couple recent cases, you jump in to my conversation and bring your points into it.  You seem to wonder why I'm not addressing you, but the other poster. I just wanted you to know why...it's not personal.  It's just boring to have the same conversation, on the same topic, over and over again.  Our last talk about setlist...I could have LITERALLY copied and pasted our original conversation into the thread and no one would have know it was different.

Perhaps discussion over the future of the band doesn't appeal to a lot of people, (If it does, I sure don't see anything being posted about it).

Discussion of the bands future does..but we know their future. They have tour dates.  What more is there to discuss?  They have a potential, interestingly scheduled, break in March - May.  Beyond that.....we're too far out to offer much of substance.  When the band is doing things "normally", there's not much to guess or speculate at......  Again, I think the next thing of any interest in their future is how they handle AFD 30.  The rest is....do show, travel, rinse, repeat.  If you have other stuff to speculate about...have at it.  But "bacons wish list"? Um....pass.

Perhaps discussion over the fact this band plays way to many cover songs, needs more original music but sure puts on a great show still.   Doesn't appeal to anyone  ( I sure read enough feedback here over it, most posts about how people don't like my posts than actual posts!)

Yes, but look at what many of them are saying.  They're posters saying stuff like "You've posted this same stuff in every active thread...please stop" type of posts.  Or outright disagreeing with you.

I mean...that should tell you all you need to know about that type of "content".   People eventually just get sick of it and ignore it.  I'm just letting you know that....that's where I'm at.

OK....off the bacon topic, onto the album topic!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 10:42:41 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #5823 on: December 16, 2016, 10:45:46 AM »

Please don't group me in with the "American" group.   I actually move around at concerts and don't sit on my phone the whole time recording a show.

I do agree with the fact that as profitable as this tour has become, it wont slow down anytime soon......

Didnt mean americans as still sitting, but americans, north and south, who had the pleasure of seeing Guns yet. The rest of the world have not.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #5824 on: December 16, 2016, 11:10:37 AM »

Didnt mean americans as still sitting, but americans, north and south, who had the pleasure of seeing Guns yet. The rest of the world have not.

That's my feeling as well.  They are right in the middle of their reunion tour.  No sense in taking focus off that until the WHOLE world gets to see it (I mean, it's only fair, right?), and not much time to get into the studio while you're prepping and doing it! Smiley

Together again,
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5825 on: December 16, 2016, 11:28:52 AM »

As I read in the Donald Trump thread, you are very good at skipping over things, when you read something you don't like.  But I do get a kick out of the fact that you have to announce the fact you are skipping over things.  You know, you could just skip them.....

I feel it's polite to let people know when I'm leaving the conversation, so they don't think I'm just ignoring them.  It's a stylistic thing.

And the trump thread...it wasn't the conversation that got me to go. It was the overall change in tone of the thread.  It wasn't even the current bit of discussion I was involved in. It was that civility completely disappeared in the thread (on both sides), and as I've said before, the rah rah ditto head thing of supporting your party, and spouting it's propaganda, while bashing your opponent (aka politics as sporting event)...I find distasteful.  Once it went that way...meh. Not worth my time.

I am far from angry or miserable.  I do find it very funny though, how happy people say they are, come across as miserable and angry when they hear things they don't like.   

I think its interesting that you read any of what I've written as angry. It's not.  Smiley

Its very very hard to make me angry, in general.  I don't think I've ever been angry, in any discussion I've ever had, on these boards. Not even in the Trump thread.

And...I didn't say you WERE angry or miserable.  I said that if your expectation is that GnR is going to act on your "I want" list any time soon....and you're going to hold anyone else accountable to that list...you're likely going to BE angry or miserable.  Because it's not likely any of what you want is going to happen.  So wanting it is fine. Expecting change is just going to disappoint you.

There is zero discussion on this forum regarding anything.   So in fact if you or anyone else doesn't want to talk about anything or ignore everything or just sit back with a smile on your face and a chest pumped out because "your band" is big again and no matter what they do, how can anyone have a negative comment because of the year we have had!!  Do so!

I don't mind discussing the future. Thats interesting.  See my post on what I think the next album release will be.  That stuffs fun. And there are a handful of active topics in that vein (when they're not getting derailed by the bacon wish list) that are also active and interesting.

I don't find discussing what bacon wants, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.....you get the point?.......to be all that interesting. Nor does it seem particularly relevant to the bands future.  You get responses mostly telling you, lately, to stop with the broken record.  I mean...I guess it's traffic....but....

And I never understood why forum members feel they need to generate content at all costs, and that a slow board means they are honor bound to come here and use that as an excuse to postcontroversial, duplicate, or argumentative content just because it's slow. I'm not specifically pointing at you, man...because you are not  really a big offender. But....it's the same logic.   Its slow. So what?  I mean....I'm not spending from jarmos account this month (damn it jarmo!!!), so......it's not my problem or concern.

It was busy as fuck for the bulk of the NA tour. Less so for the SA portions.  That's pretty much in line with what you'd expect, IMHO.  I expect it'll pick up when the shows pick up, and the holidays are over.  

I ignore threads on this site all the time because the topic doesn't appeal to me.  I sure don't com into that thread though and say "just so you know, I am stepping out of this one and ignoring this thread"

Ditto.

And that last bit is false.  I don't just pop in and say "I'm not posting here". I will do so when the conversation starts to wind down/has run it's course, though, to let the person know I'm dropping out.  As I said, I feel like when we reach that point, it's best to let them know, so they don't think I'm ignoring them for another reason. It's a "good bye".

And none of that has to do with my last bit.  I'm telling YOU, specifically, why I'm not replying to your posts, and replying to others.  I do that because, in a couple recent cases, you jump in to my conversation and bring your points into it.  You seem to wonder why I'm not addressing you, but the other poster. I just wanted you to know why...it's not personal.  It's just boring to have the same conversation, on the same topic, over and over again.  Our last talk about setlist...I could have LITERALLY copied and pasted our original conversation into the thread and no one would have know it was different.

Perhaps discussion over the future of the band doesn't appeal to a lot of people, (If it does, I sure don't see anything being posted about it).

Discussion of the bands future does..but we know their future. They have tour dates.  What more is there to discuss?  They have a potential, interestingly scheduled, break in March - May.  Beyond that.....we're too far out to offer much of substance.  When the band is doing things "normally", there's not much to guess or speculate at......  Again, I think the next thing of any interest in their future is how they handle AFD 30.  The rest is....do show, travel, rinse, repeat.  If you have other stuff to speculate about...have at it.  But "bacons wish list"? Um....pass.

Perhaps discussion over the fact this band plays way to many cover songs, needs more original music but sure puts on a great show still.   Doesn't appeal to anyone  ( I sure read enough feedback here over it, most posts about how people don't like my posts than actual posts!)

Yes, but look at what many of them are saying.  They're posters saying stuff like "You've posted this same stuff in every active thread...please stop" type of posts.  Or outright disagreeing with you.

I mean...that should tell you all you need to know about that type of "content".   People eventually just get sick of it and ignore it.  I'm just letting you know that....that's where I'm at.

OK....off the bacon topic, onto the album topic!

I never said you where angry or sounded angry

But to Edit this

This forum was dead during the American leg of this tour. 

You had a thread about each concert every night and about two pages worth of updates of people say.  What a great show...  Not much coversations.....   
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 11:37:19 AM by TheBaconman » Logged
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5826 on: December 16, 2016, 11:35:38 AM »

That's my feeling as well.  They are right in the middle of their reunion tour.  No sense in taking focus off that until the WHOLE world gets to see it (I mean, it's only fair, right?), and not much time to get into the studio while you're prepping and doing it! Smiley

How can you honestly say they are "in the middle" of anything.

To determine a middle you have to know a start and a end.

We have a start

Nothing has every really been talked about or announced by the band.  So where are you getting the end from?   The announce tours randomly it seems.   Sporadic tour dates and cities announced, then more announced, then holes filled in, then is something sells big more dates added.

Bottom line is, there is nothing telling me the end of this tour will be any time soon.  Especially with the amount of money they are making off it

Hell it could go for another 7 years!  Then this would totally not be the middle of anything.

I think the current show plays well for a one off show.  So all these other countries that are getting there first crack at seeing it, will love it.   

Like you have said north and south America have already had there crack at it.

However I am saying they are coming back for a second leg of a north American tour playing markets very close to where they last played and I am hoping for a change in the show
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5827 on: December 16, 2016, 01:02:04 PM »

Because half the world has seen this tour and half has not.

Do you seriously think this will stretch on into 2018?  They'll have been everywhere after next year.  At these prices, hiting places a second time is harder.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5828 on: December 16, 2016, 01:17:13 PM »

Do you seriously think this will stretch on into 2018?  They'll have been everywhere after next year.  At these prices, hiting places a second time is harder.

I do easily

I can see them doing a arena tour in 2018 of north America

With very high ticket prices
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #5829 on: December 16, 2016, 02:12:37 PM »

We have a start

Nothing has every really been talked about or announced by the band.  So where are you getting the end from?   The announce tours randomly it seems.   Sporadic tour dates and cities announced, then more announced, then holes filled in, then is something sells big more dates added.

Bottom line is, there is nothing telling me the end of this tour will be any time soon.  Especially with the amount of money they are making off it

Hell it could go for another 7 years!  Then this would totally not be the middle of anything.

I think the current show plays well for a one off show.  So all these other countries that are getting there first crack at seeing it, will love it.   

However I am saying they are coming back for a second leg of a north American tour playing markets very close to where they last played and I am hoping for a change in the show

If i am in the middle of doing something, i am not necessarily at the midpoint of doing it. I am somewhere between the beginning and the end.

You are taking that as a literal "at the half way point". Thats not how the phrase works.

They are in the middle of doing something that is quite successful. It makes zero sense to suddenly drop that, until its worked its way to logical(business)  completion, and do something else. I'd explain why...again....but i just did a few posts back.

I'm also with DX. I do not see this stretching into 2018 (at least very far) in its current incarnation. But we will see in a year.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 02:21:44 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5830 on: December 16, 2016, 02:25:37 PM »

We have a start

If i am in the middle of doing something, i am not necessarily at the midpoint of doing it. I am somewhere between the beginning and the end.

You are taking that as a literal "at the half way point". Thats not how the phrase works.

They are in the middle of doing something that is quite successful. It makes zero sense to suddenly drop that, intil its worked its way to logical cmpletion, and do something else. I'd explain why...again....but i just did a few posts back.

I'm also with DX. I do not seeing this stretching into 2018, in its current incarnation. But we will see in a year.

When you are talking about waiting for something because we are in the middle of something, I will take the literal meaning of it.

Now if you want to define the phrase "in the middle of something" along these lines.   

Say you are repairing a car.  Someone asks you to do something else.  You reply "I will get to it when I am done, cant you see I am in the middle of something"   There is no set time for this activity

When it comes to a tour there should be

Especially when people are saying they are waiting patiently for something, that has no defined end date

For example

If I am out with my children at a sporting event and my son asks "what time are can we get some pop corn"   I will usually say "Lets wait till the middle and get some".  There is a specific time...

I don't think you get it.

For this 3 man reunion, I would say...   I they started roughly a year ago and are in the midst of a tour, where they will be doing a 2nd north American leg of it, in roughly 9 months from now.    If I was to guess I would say they are a quarter of the way through this three man reunion.  As I feel in 2018 they will do a arena tour, at real high prices.  Doing a 3rd NA tour leg
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #5831 on: December 16, 2016, 02:25:47 PM »

I agree.

Again, if they toured behind afd 30, with a couple bonus tracks of new material...they'd be set for snother 6 to 8 months...certainly long enough to bridge to a potential new album.

Together again,
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5832 on: December 16, 2016, 02:30:01 PM »

I agree.

Again, if they toured behind afd 30, with a couple bonus tracks of new material...they'd be set for snother 6 to 8 months...certainly long enough to bridge to a potential new album.

I would guarantee that they will do an arena tour of a lot of the same markets in 2018 of north America.  I would sure hope there would be some change.  Just like I am hoping there will be some change for these local markets they are going to be playing next year that are very close to markets they have already played

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #5833 on: December 16, 2016, 02:32:23 PM »

We have a start

They are in the middle of doing something that is quite successful. It makes zero sense to suddenly drop that, intil its worked its way to logical cmpletion, and do something else. I'd explain why...again....but i just did a few posts back.

I'm also with DX. I do not seeing this stretching into 2018, in its current incarnation. But we will see in a year.

When you are talking about waiting for something because we are in the middle of something, I will take the literal meaning of it.

Now if you want to define the phrase "in the middle of something" along these lines.   

Say you are repairing a car.  Someone asks you to do something else.  You reply "I will get to it when I am done, cant you see I am in the middle of something"   There is no set time for this activity

When it comes to a tour there should be

Especially when people are saying they are waiting patiently for something, that has no defined end date

For example

If I am out with my children at a sporting event and my son asks "what time are can we get some pop corn"   I will usually say "Lets wait till the middle and get some".  There is a specific time...

I don't think you get it.

For this 3 man reunion, I would say...   I they started roughly a year ago and are in the midst of a tour, where they will be doing a 2nd north American leg of it, in roughly 9 months from now.    If I was to guess I would say they are a quarter of the way through this three man reunion.  As I feel in 2018 they will do a arena tour, at real high prices.  Doing a 3rd NA tour leg

You didnt use the same phrase in your example as i did.

Would you really say "wait until they are in the middle of the game"? Because that means "wait til they are actively playing, mid play".

And even your analogy proves my point.....in sports, "the middle" is defined, usually, by periods or innings. No sure thing that, in terms of duration, the "middle" is actually the mddle, time wise. 2nd halfs traditionally take longer to play.

But, now you are picking semantics....and ignoring my point.

The only reason anyone has to assume the plan more than through next summers na leg is....you. I will wait til we have a bit more to wonder.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 02:39:29 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5834 on: December 16, 2016, 02:34:38 PM »

I do easily

I could see Axl doing this.

But Slash doesn't share his tendency to be content just spinning his wheels.  I think that's how Slash would see it too.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #5835 on: December 16, 2016, 02:37:55 PM »

I do easily

But Slash doesn't share his tendency to be content just spinning his wheels.  I think that's how Slash would see it too.

Again, i agree. Smiley

Not without something else to support.

Together again,
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5836 on: December 16, 2016, 02:39:50 PM »

I do easily

This new Slash is a new animal

Old Slash
Was married
Put out original music (lots)
Did lots of media

Recent Slash
Going through expensive divorce
New music plans with Miles seem to be put on hold
Does not do any media

Edited to say

How are we to say how any of these guys will act when this is all new.

Even Axl has turned himself into a workhorse of a performer live.   

But back to Slash

As far as anyone knows, he may just be a fan of making 1 million per night in his pocket for the next 15 years.   Keep the train going, is what he might say.  I don't know.  In the end, we are talking about a ton of money here!!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 03:21:36 PM by TheBaconman » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5837 on: December 16, 2016, 03:33:12 PM »

The fact there there has been no real interview other than some scattershot stuff here and there really leads me to wonder about the viability of the band going forward.

I didn't expect a big valentine piece where they were all besties again.  But nothing?

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5838 on: December 16, 2016, 03:39:02 PM »

The fact there there has been no real interview other than some scattershot stuff here and there really leads me to wonder about the viability of the band going forward.

I didn't expect a big valentine piece where they were all besties again.  But nothing?

Yeah, I'm not going to pretend I don't think that's bizarre either.  It's obviously something that's been expressly agreed upon between the three of them.  Whether Slash & Duff are happy about the interview embargo is another story.  Undecided
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #5839 on: December 16, 2016, 09:30:12 PM »

Greetings from Europe. We are smart and rich but still very passionate here as well. No, we don't have it anything like somewhere in South America. We still know our craft.

But coming back in 2018 with empty hands? That will never work. I have many friends going who just generally enjoy this genre but don't particularly care who's playing. Nobody even cared about the price because after all this is that famous band their friend always talks about.

All is great for now and everyone's waiting for this summer.

But trying to milk 130 euros without new music only a year later? I would still go but it would be a disaster of unknown proportions.
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 493 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: