Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 08:35:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228147 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 493 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1603130 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5760 on: December 14, 2016, 03:10:03 PM »

I'm convinced that any Guns N' Roses "fans" who are still griping or are unsatisfied with how things stand right now are quite literally incapable of being satisfied in any way or, ya know, feeling joy.  It's comical as it is bizarre.  It's like they're not having fun unless they're finding something wrong with GNR.  What's funny to me are those who swore up and down that if Axl just mended fences with Slash, they'd be ok with things, are some of the same people crapping their lunacy on the forums today.

I share your complete amazement that anyone could be anything but thrilled with how 2016 has gone for us.  You gotta really work overtime to find fault with all this.

But I have a slightly different read on those that are unhappy.  I think those that are, and are vocal about it, resent the shit out of all these fans coming back into the fold.  I think, as they see it, the "real fans" stuck with Axl though that whole misadventure.  And people that stopped paying attention for however long didn't pay their dues like the "real fans" did.  And they don't like how so many can so easily just ignore 1995-2015.

Me?  I couldn't be happier.  Didn't make me happy seeing my favorite band reduced to playing small ass residencies where they still had to paper the house.  But this year has made me VERY happy, seeing sold out stadiums of fans going crazy.

I knew there were still a shit ton of GNR fans out there.  They just weren't going to roll with a Slash-less line-up.  Even though I could, I repect that choice.  Some can't.

This year was like a big 'ol class reunion at these shows.  It was great to see everyone again.  And who cared who said what about who in the interim?  We're back!

I don't visit any other forums, so I am not aware of these vocal people you speak of.  it sure isn't here.  And I especially never heard of anyone shitting on fans for coming back into the fold.

I could take the 3 man reunion or leave it.   I personally thought it was cool and am glad they are doing it, but that's that......

Lots of us got to see them a few times already.  

People get so uptight when you say something against the grain.

Of coarse every is happy.  

DO you have to run around with a giant smile on your face all the time boasting that your band is back ?  No.    

And after seeing them live and after seeing them live again a year later, doesn't change the fact that a new music hasn't been heard in almost a decade

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5761 on: December 14, 2016, 03:14:24 PM »

I've never been really big on the idea of another live album, but seeing how unprecedented this tour has been and how great everyone sounds, I certainly wouldn't be opposed to a "Not In This Lifetime" album.  If only to tide fans over until the next studio album.

Is this something we really need?  Another live album.

Sure cool why not.

How about another greatest hits album as well??...

Cool

I can only listen to the same songs for so long before I go even crazier.

A blue ray though of this tour with a crowd that is actually alive and not just standing there recording it on there phones would be cool

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5762 on: December 14, 2016, 03:15:01 PM »

I'm convinced that any Guns N' Roses "fans" who are still griping or are unsatisfied with how things stand right now are quite literally incapable of being satisfied in any way or, ya know, feeling joy.  It's comical as it is bizarre.  It's like they're not having fun unless they're finding something wrong with GNR.  What's funny to me are those who swore up and down that if Axl just mended fences with Slash, they'd be ok with things, are some of the same people crapping their lunacy on the forums today.

I share your complete amazement that anyone could be anything but thrilled with how 2016 has gone for us.  You gotta really work overtime to find fault with all this.

But I have a slightly different read on those that are unhappy.  I think those that are, and are vocal about it, resent the shit out of all these fans coming back into the fold.  I think, as they see it, the "real fans" stuck with Axl though that whole misadventure.  And people that stopped paying attention for however long didn't pay their dues like the "real fans" did.  And they don't like how so many can so easily just ignore 1995-2015.

Me?  I couldn't be happier.  Didn't make me happy seeing my favorite band reduced to playing small ass residencies where they still had to paper the house.  But this year has made me VERY happy, seeing sold out stadiums of fans going crazy.

I knew there were still a shit ton of GNR fans out there.  They just weren't going to roll with a Slash-less line-up.  Even though I could, I repect that choice.  Some can't.

This year was like a big 'ol class reunion at these shows.  It was great to see everyone again.  And who cared who said what about who in the interim?  We're back!

I don't visit any other forums, so I am not aware of these vocal people you speak of.  it sure isn't here.  And I especially never heard of anyone shitting on fans for coming back into the fold.

I could take the 3 man reunion or leave it.   I personally thought it was cool and am glad they are doing it, but that's that......

DO you have to run around with a giant smile on your face all the time boasting that your band is back ?  No.    

And after seeing them live and after seeing them live again a year later, doesn't change the fact that a new music hasn't been heard in almost a decade

And when presented with the facts and myriad of reasons why you need to be more patient with the next album, does that help? Or do you just find a new angle to complain about the same thing?

Look, no one wants a new album more than me.  If you've seen my posts over the last decade you'd know that.  But you just can't ignore the huge turn of events in 2016 just because you feel you're owed an album because you've waited X long.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5763 on: December 14, 2016, 03:15:42 PM »

Well, all due respect, I am not exactly brimming with confidence that situation improves over the next decade either.  

Or, if it does, takes every bit of damn near 10 years. 

Hope I'm wrong.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5764 on: December 14, 2016, 03:18:48 PM »

No.

But I wasn't exactly having a great time having my favorite band being seen as a phony joke and a total sham, and that's only if they were not compeltely ignored outright and totally past tense.

I got tired of having to qualify my answers about my favorite band.  See that sig of mine?  It's legit as can be.  I got tired of the qualifiers and the caveats.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5765 on: December 14, 2016, 03:21:08 PM »

Well, all due respect, I am not exactly brimming with confidence that situation improves over the next decade either.  

Hope I'm wrong.

One big difference this time around, and something that could make all the difference:  Industry support.

Couple that with the fact that the first original GNR album with Axl, Slash & Duff is likely to be a huge sell and (very likely) a commercial success, at least as much as a rock album could be in 2017/2018.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5766 on: December 14, 2016, 03:23:40 PM »

One big difference this time around, and something that could make all the difference:  Industry support.

Couple that with the fact that the first original GNR album with Axl, Slash & Duff is likely to be a huge sell and (very likely) a commercial success, at least as much as a rock album could be in 2017/2018.

Oh, very true.

And, he also has band members in the fold again that can not only kick him in the ass some, but have other options if he just wants to sit around.

Where were those CD era guys really going?  Nowhere.  GNR was the best gig they had : past, present or future.  Axl knew that.

Doesn't have that luxury with Slash and Duff.  They'll bounce.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5767 on: December 14, 2016, 03:26:17 PM »

And when presented with the facts and myriad of reasons why you need to be more patient with the next album, does that help? Or do you just find a new angle to complain about the same thing?

Look, no one wants a new album more than me.  If you've seen my posts over the last decade you'd know that.  But you just can't ignore the huge turn of events in 2016 just because you feel you're owed an album because you've waited X long.

I didn't have to be presented with anything.  I can clearly see everything.....

I do not think it is required to be patient, as I think

1)  If we where going to hear new music from the old lines ups from some vault, we would of heard it a year a so ago with that line up that was around
2)  If we are going to hear new music from this current line up, now is the time, or this year is the time when something should or would be written and recorded

I have never said I was owed anything.  

I just want
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5768 on: December 14, 2016, 03:27:08 PM »

Oh, very true.

And, he also has band members in the fold again that can not only kick him in the ass some, but have other options if he just wants to sit around.

Where were those CD era guys really going?  Nowhere.  GNR was the best gig they had : past, present or future.  Axl knew that.

I think Axl struggled with being "the guy" who had to answer for everything GNR from 2000-2014, be it the album, show reviews, etc.  That's a lot of weight for one man to carry, and I think it's also why the production of Chinese took so long and was so erratic.

He has two other original members with voices of their own in terms of new music to lean on now.  I have to think that's going to help whenever they decide to hit the studio.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5769 on: December 14, 2016, 03:28:39 PM »

Hope I'm wrong.

I am thinking the same thing

So when does this become enough..  How many times can you see this line up play these songs?

I will still see them if they come locally, I will still buy any new product that comes out (blue ray).  But I am at the point where if I am driving and one of these songs I have heard since I was very young comes on the radio, I change the station.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5770 on: December 14, 2016, 03:30:34 PM »

Hope I'm wrong.

This could be true

Perhaps we will get the reverse pressure from the record label to write and record an album with this line up....   

Now would be the time though

And how would they market and promote this new material?

They would have to start doing some interviews and playing smaller tv promotion gigs, I would think...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5771 on: December 14, 2016, 03:33:03 PM »

Oh, very true.

or it could be that those 2 guys are so happy to be back making this type of money for the first time really ever they are willing to put up with anything Axl.

Perhaps, if Axl never wants to release new music again and just traveling around singing SCOM every night for the next 15 years they are cool with it.  If it means being paid 1 million every night.   Hell pay me that much every night and I might actually listen to KOHD.  Well probably not!
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5772 on: December 14, 2016, 03:33:51 PM »

Hope I'm wrong.

This could be true

Perhaps we will get the reverse pressure from the record label to write and record an album with this line up....   

Now would be the time though

And how would they market and promote this new material?

They would have to start doing some interviews and playing smaller tv promotion gigs, I would think...

I wouldn't call it "pressure" from the label, but more them drooling over how well the tour is selling and letting the Big 3 know they'll make any and all assets available to them should they decide to record new music.  Axl mentioned more than once during the Chi Dem years that he felt somewhat abandoned by the label both in terms of recording and promotion.  

They'd be damn fools if they didn't at least put out "feelers" in regard to a new album with all the recent, and continued success they are seeing.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5773 on: December 14, 2016, 03:34:23 PM »

Oh, very true.

I think Axl struggled with being "the guy" who had to answer for everything GNR from 2000-2014, be it the album, show reviews, etc.  That's a lot of weight for one man to carry, and I think it's also why the production of Chinese took so long and was so erratic.

He has two other original members with voices of their own in terms of new music to lean on now.  I have to think that's going to help whenever they decide to hit the studio.

So from what I have read, Axl is still "the guy"

Slash and Duff are just around for the tours....   is that wrong?  
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5774 on: December 14, 2016, 03:37:10 PM »

Oh, very true.

So from what I have read, Axl is still "the guy"

Slash and Duff are just around for the tours....   is that wrong?  

Who knows?  What I do know is that Slash & Duff are icons who know how to write and structure a hell of a song.  I also know that Axl & the label know this.  Might not matter how much "say" they have. Only that they may be the key to getting album support.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5775 on: December 14, 2016, 03:49:47 PM »

I'm not convinced that there is a demand for a new album outside of the die-hard community.  I try to look at it from the perspective I take with the older bands that I'm not fanatic about but like a lot and will try to see in concert when they're in town. 

For those bands, not only do I not have any interest in new music from them, but I would rather they not make any more music so I don't have to sit through several songs I've never heard of when I do go to one of their concerts.  For example, if I go to a U2 show, not only do I not want anything from the latest album, but I'd prefer nothing from the last 4 albums. 

Of course, with Guns, it's the opposite, I want more new music, but I'm sure I'm in the minority among the millions that went to the shows this past summer.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5776 on: December 14, 2016, 03:58:32 PM »

I'm not convinced that there is a demand for a new album outside of the die-hard community.  I try to look at it from the perspective I take with the older bands that I'm not fanatic about but like a lot and will try to see in concert when they're in town. 

For those bands, not only do I not have any interest in new music from them, but I would rather they not make any more music so I don't have to sit through several songs I've never heard of when I do go to one of their concerts.  For example, if I go to a U2 show, not only do I not want anything from the latest album, but I'd prefer nothing from the last 4 albums. 

Of course, with Guns, it's the opposite, I want more new music, but I'm sure I'm in the minority among the millions that went to the shows this past summer.

This is very true.  Great insight here.

I love Pearl Jam.  I know the first 5 albums like the back of my hand. 

But, the albums since, I don't know as well.  And I'd be lying if I said when I go to see them that don't I hope its loaded with more older stuff than new.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5777 on: December 14, 2016, 08:14:04 PM »

Not sure if you would buy anything if it was back then anyways. But nobody needs to buy anything, the streaming services already pay the artists. There is a demand for non-casual fans too if the music is good.

kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #5778 on: December 15, 2016, 01:40:18 AM »

This is very true.  Great insight here.

I love Pearl Jam.  I know the first 5 albums like the back of my hand. 

But, the albums since, I don't know as well.  And I'd be lying if I said when I go to see them that don't I hope its loaded with more older stuff than new.

Well Pearl Jam has 10 studio albums, god knows how many live albums. So of course it's different with GN'R, some people have waited lifetime for new music, us others have waited since Chinese. GN'R is huge now, and has great momentum, so I think new album (live or studio) would be huge hit around the world.

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #5779 on: December 15, 2016, 02:34:31 AM »

Oh, very true.

or it could be that those 2 guys are so happy to be back making this type of money for the first time really ever they are willing to put up with anything Axl.

Perhaps, if Axl never wants to release new music again and just traveling around singing SCOM every night for the next 15 years they are cool with it.  If it means being paid 1 million every night.   Hell pay me that much every night and I might actually listen to KOHD.  Well probably not!

Slash and Duff are well set from VR alone, never mind Slash has SMKC and Duff has Loaded. And frankly, with the costs of CD and the ensuing tours, Axl may need the money more than anyone.

And the idea that only hardcore fans want a new album, is frankly ludicrous. GNR are a legendary band, arguably up there with Zeppelin. People have ALWAYS been hungry for more GNR.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 493 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: