Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 09:05:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228148 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 493 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1603173 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5740 on: December 13, 2016, 08:30:38 PM »

Just wonder if they wanted to stretch the world to make their stamp again and then will put something terrific together in terms of a new album in next couple of years...God I hope so

I really don't see why they wouldn't at least do one song together
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5741 on: December 13, 2016, 09:28:07 PM »

Could have been done by now.  Clearly not a priority.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #5742 on: December 14, 2016, 03:35:18 AM »

probably not really neccessary, because the nostalgia tour makes more money than they can ever spend. so why bother with recording and releasing stuff Smiley

(edit: I'd REALLY love to be proven wrong, instead of some... karma drop for negative attitude or something nervous )
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 06:10:42 AM by zombux » Logged

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5743 on: December 14, 2016, 06:58:12 AM »

probably not really neccessary, because the nostalgia tour makes more money than they can ever spend. so why bother with recording and releasing stuff Smiley

(edit: I'd REALLY love to be proven wrong, instead of some... karma drop for negative attitude or something nervous )

This is still more money to be made off of a hit single than any tour coul bring in

Plus once it's recorded and released the bands work is done and they now have another song that can be used for whatever they want.   Effortless money will then be rolling in off of there added content to there brand

I simply think.  They don't have at least one song   Because they don't want to have at least one song    I don't think there is any hidden motives.  I def don't think they are not recording s song because they already have to much money why would they ever want more.   
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #5744 on: December 14, 2016, 06:58:26 AM »

Could have been done by now.  Clearly not a priority.

My guess is that they're building towards that. Right now the tour is selling like crazy, so there's no need YET for new music. I am pretty sure that their strategy is to now tour 2016-2017, then somewhere in 2017 release new music and then tour again based on that music from 2018-2020. After this Asia, European and USA run ends in 2017 they WILL need new music to sell tickets....so I guess they're just waiting until the climax for new music will be the biggest....

Just my two cents

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #5745 on: December 14, 2016, 07:56:39 AM »

With the tour selling as well as it is and how good it is going so far without new music,  it isn't a priority and who could blame them. Sadly in this day and age there's not a lot of  money to be made off new music unless it promotes a tour.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5746 on: December 14, 2016, 09:11:15 AM »

I still think there's plenty of money to get with new music in licensing. Not only movies, but TV shows and videogames. Of course this is not a priority, they don't have to release any new music now. But then again, why wouldn't they try to stay relevant?

dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #5747 on: December 14, 2016, 12:08:21 PM »

Really hope they come in with a new song or 2 with the tour resumes in Jan.

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5748 on: December 14, 2016, 01:10:25 PM »

Really hope they come in with a new song or 2 with the tour resumes in Jan.

I would be shocked - literally shocked - if they introduce a new song between January & September.  It really seems like the priority is bringing the current NITL show to the rest of the world.  Which isn't a bad thing at all.  They're only 10 months into one of the biggest reunions in rock history, and it's been going spectacularly.  Despite my own personal desire for new music as a fan, I get why that likely will not happen for a good bit.

Once things wrap up next summer, hopefully we'll know something a little more concrete about plans for new music.  Having said all that, we've been shocked once in the past year.  Sure wouldn't mind being shocked again.  Smiley
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #5749 on: December 14, 2016, 01:23:40 PM »

This is not meant as a slight to anybody who used to be in the last version of the band , any fans or anybody else ...

But the idea of new music is not further away today than it was before slash and duff rejoined.

Nobody has any idea if and when something was going to come out if that's didn't happen.

So with that said we went from a second Vegas residency with DJ ashba and Bumnlefoot to selling 1 million tickets in a day.

Any complaints at this point are comical.

I have taken so much joy in that "my band" is talked about and lauded by the rest of the world once again. Everything else will come... I'm just enjoying it too much.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5750 on: December 14, 2016, 02:12:41 PM »

This is not meant as a slight to anybody who used to be in the last version of the band , any fans or anybody else ...

But the idea of new music is not further away today than it was before slash and duff rejoined.

Nobody has any idea if and when something was going to come out if that's didn't happen.

So with that said we went from a second Vegas residency with DJ ashba and Bumnlefoot to selling 1 million tickets in a day.

I have taken so much joy in that "my band" is talked about and lauded by the rest of the world once again. Everything else will come... I'm just enjoying it too much.

I'm convinced that any Guns N' Roses "fans" who are still griping or are unsatisfied with how things stand right now are quite literally incapable of being satisfied in any way or, ya know, feeling joy.  It's comical as it is bizarre.  It's like they're not having fun unless they're finding something wrong with GNR.  What's funny to me are those who swore up and down that if Axl just mended fences with Slash, they'd be ok with things, are some of the same people crapping their lunacy on the forums today.

For me, I'm still on cloud 9.  Slash & Axl are back together in top form playing songs I never dreamed they'd play together again, and then some.  Anything more, album or otherwise, is just icing on the cake.  Albeit, really fucking delicious icing.  Smiley

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5751 on: December 14, 2016, 02:25:39 PM »

So spot on, right here.

This year has all been about the return of GNR to the public consciousness.  This is the first year in the past I don't even know how many where no one has seen my hat and said some variation of :

- it's a shame what happend to those guys
- what ever happend to those guys?
- are they even still around?
- are they still around as just Axl and a bunch of dudes?

People now consider Guns N' Roses "back".  That's not a slight at any of the replacment line-ups, it just is what it is.

This was the first GNR tour in 20 plus years that was an event.  That got not only widespread coverage, but great reviews.

Amazing year. 

Don't care one whit there has not been talk of some new album.  Not the focus right now.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5752 on: December 14, 2016, 02:32:46 PM »

I'm convinced that any Guns N' Roses "fans" who are still griping or are unsatisfied with how things stand right now are quite literally incapable of being satisfied in any way or, ya know, feeling joy.  It's comical as it is bizarre.  It's like they're not having fun unless they're finding something wrong with GNR.  What's funny to me are those who swore up and down that if Axl just mended fences with Slash, they'd be ok with things, are some of the same people crapping their lunacy on the forums today.

I share your complete amazement that anyone could be anything but thrilled with how 2016 has gone for us.  You gotta really work overtime to find fault with all this.

But I have a slightly different read on those that are unhappy.  I think those that are, and are vocal about it, resent the shit out of all these fans coming back into the fold.  I think, as they see it, the "real fans" stuck with Axl though that whole misadventure.  And people that stopped paying attention for however long didn't pay their dues like the "real fans" did.  And they don't like how so many can so easily just ignore 1995-2015.

Me?  I couldn't be happier.  Didn't make me happy seeing my favorite band reduced to playing small ass residencies where they still had to paper the house.  But this year has made me VERY happy, seeing sold out stadiums of fans going crazy.

I knew there were still a shit ton of GNR fans out there.  They just weren't going to roll with a Slash-less line-up.  Even though I could, I repect that choice.  Some can't.

This year was like a big 'ol class reunion at these shows.  It was great to see everyone again.  And who cared who said what about who in the interim?  We're back!

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5753 on: December 14, 2016, 02:51:25 PM »

I share your complete amazement that anyone could be anything but thrilled with how 2016 has gone for us.  You gotta really work overtime to find fault with all this.

But I have a slightly different read on those that are unhappy.  I think those that are, and are vocal about it, resent the shit out of all these fans coming back into the fold.  I think, as they see it, the "real fans" stuck with Axl though that whole misadventure.  And people that stopped paying attention for however long didn't pay their dues like the "real fans" did.  And they don't like how so many can so easily just ignore 1995-2015.

Me?  I couldn't be happier.  Didn't make me happy seeing my favorite band reduced to playing small ass residencies where they still had to paper the house.  But this year has made me VERY happy, seeing sold out stadiums of fans going crazy.

I knew there were still a shit ton of GNR fans out there.  They just weren't going to roll with a Slash-less line-up.  Even though I could, I repect that choice.  Some can't.

This year was like a big 'ol class reunion at these shows.  It was great to see everyone again.  And who cared who said what about who in the interim?  We're back!

Let's not forget some of the fans who stuck it out through the dark years and feel cheated that he didn't forge on with DJ & Bumblefoot and release Chinese Democracy II.  They're relatively few in numbers, but holy hell are they vocal!

But I digress, for those who have stuck it out all these years and are still capable of feeling joy, I think we still have a lot to look forward to yet.  ok
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #5754 on: December 14, 2016, 02:56:08 PM »

I can't help but think that could this be the EAGLES revisited where you have a band that was so big and popular and has a big break up.  Only to get back together many years later and find that creative juice that you had once before start flowing again and then you get the "Hell Freezes Over" album out which could be any of the live shows they have done so far and start putting an album together.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5755 on: December 14, 2016, 03:01:12 PM »

Let's not forget some of the fans who stuck it out through the dark years and feel cheated that he didn't forge on with DJ & Bumblefoot and release Chinese Democracy II.  They're relatively few in numbers, but holy hell are they vocal!

Defintiely more of those types than I ever thought.  I clearly underestimated their numbers.

I knew there were true blue CD era fans.  But I also thought there was serious overcompensation going on with "best line-up ever" and "CD is better than AFD" type talk.  I took that as people trying as hard to convince themselves as they were others that what we had was just super awesome terriffic.  Not a pale imitation at best, or a totally different enterprise at worst.

I figured most of us were of the thinking that the CD era was the literal defintion of "better than nothing".  Really suprised to see what I consider the most legit line-up to call itself Guns N' Roses since I was in high school get any kind of pushback.

In truth, nothing pisses me off more than the people that pined for Slash for years...only to get him, and Duff......but decide with no Izzy or Steven (Steven??  Are you shitting me??) that it was just no god damn good.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5756 on: December 14, 2016, 03:01:32 PM »

I've never been really big on the idea of another live album, but seeing how unprecedented this tour has been and how great everyone sounds, I certainly wouldn't be opposed to a "Not In This Lifetime" album.  If only to tide fans over until the next studio album.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5757 on: December 14, 2016, 03:03:28 PM »

I can't help but think that could this be the EAGLES revisited where you have a band that was so big and popular and has a big break up.  Only to get back together many years later and find that creative juice that you had once before start flowing again and then you get the "Hell Freezes Over" album out which could be any of the live shows they have done so far and start putting an album together.

Agreed.  That is our best case scenario.

Of course, took them forever to actually get 'The Long Road Out Of Eden' out there.  But there are some great, classic Eagles sounding songs on there.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5758 on: December 14, 2016, 03:05:52 PM »

I've never been really big on the idea of another live album, but seeing how unprecedented this tour has been and how great everyone sounds, I certainly wouldn't be opposed to a "Not In This Lifetime" album.  If only to tide fans over until the next studio album.

I think the bootlegs have sounded great.  But I fear another 'Live Era' type debacle sounding fake as all hell.

The speculation was that the fact they recorded both L.A. shows, in addition to playing every possible song in the tour setlist over those 2 nights, means we will get a DVD of the best bits of those 2 shows.  I'd be all about that.  But released as largely "as is" as possible.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5759 on: December 14, 2016, 03:07:32 PM »

Defintiely more of those types than I ever thought.  I clearly underestimated their numbers.

I knew there were true blue CD era fans.  But I also thought there was serious overcompensation going on with "best line-up ever" and "CD is better than AFD" type talk.  I took that as people trying as hard to convince themselves as they were others that what we had was just super awesome terriffic.  Not a pale imitation at best, or a totally different enterprise at worst.

I figured most of us were of the thinking that the CD era was the literal defintion of "better than nothing".  Really suprised to see what I consider the most legit line-up to call itself Guns N' Roses since I was in high school get any kind of pushback.

In truth, nothing pisses me off more than the people that pined for Slash for years...only to get him, and Duff......but decide with no Izzy or Steven (Steven??  Are you shitting me??) that it was just no god damn good.

While I really liked Chinese Democracy, I definitely saw the REALLY dark years 2011-14 as a "better than nothing" type scenario.  As in better than Axl retiring forever type deal.

I feel like, whether intentionally or forced, the band really backed themselves into the corner of having to reunite or hang it up completely.  CD2 for whatever reason never happened, Bumblefoot was comically unhappy in a very public way, touring was very sporadic. Vegas residencies. The list can go on.  

The reunion was the ultimate redemption card for all involved, including management.  Things have gone so wildly well, in my mind we could not have dreamed up a better scenario for a GNR comeback in 2016.  I continue to be all smiles regarding Guns.
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 493 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: