Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2024, 11:03:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228155 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 493 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1606411 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5720 on: December 13, 2016, 10:10:03 AM »

I brought this thread back from the dead to spark conversations.   And as I stated 3 pages back I made my point.
No, you didn't. Sofine did it with this post:

With the momentum being so strong going into 2017, I can't help but wonder if there's been any further talk among Guns regarding the next album.  Being the biggest touring act of 2016/2017 I would imagine news of new music would go over particularly well right now.  I know the music industry sucks right now and that record sales are at an all time low, but you'd think they'd want to strike while the iron's hot, if they're ever going to do it.  Hmm...

But then you derailed yet another thread with your endless complaints. You didn't spark conversations, you incited people to argue (because your points are fair, but your rethoric is tiresome) about something that has little to do in this 286 pages thread.

I was just asked direct questions though and responded to them.  

And if you don't like it

Start another topic.   And lets talk about that.
Wait a minute: you're honestly suggesting people to start a thread to talk about other things?

Yep talk away....  Get your topics out.

The way it was around here before this tour, was every conversation merged into one big thread about many different topics...   

Have at it.   Talk away..   Spark discussion
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5721 on: December 13, 2016, 10:17:10 AM »

I miss this thread.  We posted here tons in the past

I like the speculation side of things.....

I like the discussion side of things.....

I like when threads or posts do not get deleted......

I am hoping that when Guns goes to South American we get some interviews and press.   

I am hoping for a new album from the current lineup   All new songs, not previously worked on.....  This is the hope.

A couple of new songs on a sound track would be great as well!!

A love blue ray of the current tour would be great.  Something that also comes with a bonus disk with behind the scene footage and interviews

So with not action on this thread from Jan to Aug, I brought this thread back to life with this post on page 269.   I guess you can say someone else did.  But it kinda says right here who did
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5722 on: December 13, 2016, 10:21:56 AM »

You don't have to use this specific thread to "spark discussion" about the only matter you're attached to. There's no rule saying you have to bump threads with anything but the thread's topic. Wouldn't be far easier for you to just not post when the setlist discussion is not relevant?

The thread about Kirk Hammet's comments is one clear example of where your "discussion" suits perfectly. And again: I don't even think you're that wrong about covers, specially on KOHD.  

The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #5723 on: December 13, 2016, 10:23:44 AM »

I miss this thread.  We posted here tons in the past

I like the speculation side of things.....

I like the discussion side of things.....

I like when threads or posts do not get deleted......

I am hoping that when Guns goes to South American we get some interviews and press.   

I am hoping for a new album from the current lineup   All new songs, not previously worked on.....  This is the hope.

A couple of new songs on a sound track would be great as well!!

A love blue ray of the current tour would be great.  Something that also comes with a bonus disk with behind the scene footage and interviews

So with not action on this thread from Jan to Aug, I brought this thread back to life with this post on page 269.   I guess you can say someone else did.  But it kinda says right here who did
Just because it was laying dormant, did you really have to resurrect it with your dirge. You are a boring cunt that really should be stopped from posting this shit, this site is in danger of becoming like the others that allow this crap to go on festering.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5724 on: December 13, 2016, 10:24:42 AM »

You don't have to use this specific thread to "spark discussion" about the only matter you're attached to. There's no rule saying you have to bump threads with anything but the thread's topic. Wouldn't be far easier for you to just not post when the setlist discussion is not relevant?

The thread about Kirk Hammet's comments is one clear example of where your "discussion" suits perfectly. And again: I don't even think you're that wrong about covers, specially on KOHD.  

Cool

So you want to talk about your opinion on my posts then?   That's the discussion you want?

Why not pick a topic about the band and roll with that.   Or don't

We can talk about myself some more if you like.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5725 on: December 13, 2016, 10:26:17 AM »

Oh, ok then. So you brought the thread back to life when you talked about speculation on the next album. That's great. But this isn't what you're talking about now, is it? You brought it back - rightfully so - without any complaints about covers.  

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5726 on: December 13, 2016, 10:28:13 AM »

Cool

So you want to talk about your opinion on my posts then?   That's the discussion you want?

Rhetorics. It works when you're 12.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5727 on: December 13, 2016, 10:59:48 AM »

Cool

Rhetorics. It works when you're 12.

Ok......

So I am speculating that it is going to be a real long time before we see a new album...

I am also speculating that it will be a mish/mash of previously written music with additions from these new band memebers
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #5728 on: December 13, 2016, 12:32:03 PM »

lol. nothing is ever coming out, deal with it. it's the same each year - yeah yeah, this will be the year of new GNR album, sure. instead, all we get is touring, touring, touring, with nothing new actually released at all. I understand it, the current nostalgia tour earns millions and they didn't even release one single interview since the "reunion" (okay, there was a tiny Brazil TV interview, which said basically nothing). that only suggests this is just a money grab tour - together with what Pitman and Izzy tweeted. so in my opinion, forget any new release. they supposedly worked on a huge pile of stuff for nearly 20 years and the only thing that got released was an album which sounded raw and unfinished, with songs mostly previously known from live shows or leaks. and still, people pay absurd prices for nostalgia tour tickets. I don't really get it.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5729 on: December 13, 2016, 12:53:34 PM »

lol. nothing is ever coming out, deal with it. it's the same each year - yeah yeah, this will be the year of new GNR album, sure. instead, all we get is touring, touring, touring, with nothing new actually released at all. I understand it, the current nostalgia tour earns millions and they didn't even release one single interview since the "reunion" (okay, there was a tiny Brazil TV interview, which said basically nothing). that only suggests this is just a money grab tour - together with what Pitman and Izzy tweeted. so in my opinion, forget any new release. they supposedly worked on a huge pile of stuff for nearly 20 years and the only thing that got released was an album which sounded raw and unfinished, with songs mostly previously known from live shows or leaks. and still, people pay absurd prices for nostalgia tour tickets. I don't really get it.

I like this post

The thing I do not get is the lack of interviews.....

Slash and Duff went from over the top media personalities, to being very quiet

Axl, during the AC/DC tour in Europe was doing some media stops.   Now nothing...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5730 on: December 13, 2016, 02:23:08 PM »

Definitely surprised by this.  Not about Axl, but about the other two.

Puts me in the camp that thinks things are perfectly civil and fine between them all, but this is just business.  All 3 have come to the realization that they can do amazing buisness and please the most people joining up, but you truly can't go home again.

I'm fine with it. 

I was never one of those types that talked about these people like I knew them, or talked about their feelings.  They made songs I like, the end.  So long as they are playing those songs again...I'm all set.  I don't need a group Christmas card pic.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5731 on: December 13, 2016, 02:56:27 PM »

Definitely surprised by this.  Not about Axl, but about the other two.

Puts me in the camp that thinks things are perfectly civil and fine between them all, but this is just business.  All 3 have come to the realization that they can do amazing buisness and please the most people joining up, but you truly can't go home again.

I'm fine with it. 

I was never one of those types that talked about these people like I knew them, or talked about their feelings.  They made songs I like, the end.  So long as they are playing those songs again...I'm all set.  I don't need a group Christmas card pic.

two of the three wrote books

This is almost like another chapter in those books.

an untold chapter.    I would love to hear more about whats going on......

The silence seems to be a part of the deal though
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5732 on: December 13, 2016, 02:57:25 PM »

lol. nothing is ever coming out, deal with it.
Funny, considering your signature about CD history. You should know that this is exactly the same talk.

zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #5733 on: December 13, 2016, 03:36:46 PM »

Funny, considering your signature about CD history. You should know that this is exactly the same talk.
not really, there is a difference. since about 2000, there was talk about ChiDem getting released "soon". there was no such talk since 2008 - except some random "we're in the studio" talk, which said basically nothing. also, nothing new has been leaked since the release. and as said before, it's VERY odd that the band gives virtually no interviews, no promo, everything looks just like cold business. back then, there was a huge faith in the GNR project - it's gone for good, at least since about 2012.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5734 on: December 13, 2016, 04:28:10 PM »

not really, there is a difference. since about 2000, there was talk about ChiDem getting released "soon". there was no such talk since 2008 - except some random "we're in the studio" talk, which said basically nothing. also, nothing new has been leaked since the release. and as said before, it's VERY odd that the band gives virtually no interviews, no promo, everything looks just like cold business. back then, there was a huge faith in the GNR project - it's gone for good, at least since about 2012.

What really has me worried about not ever hearing new music again is......

When the last version of this band played live.  In Vegas etc..  There wasn't even a glimpse of anything new.   That would of been the time if there ever was going to be one that we would of gotten something.   

It is now going to take a while
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5735 on: December 13, 2016, 05:29:21 PM »

Chinese Whispers starts in 1993, so we got 7 years of nothing. At least now we do know that there is lots of tracks (and we did had some small leaks since 2008). It's just a different situation now regarding Slash and Duff back in the camp.

I don't know man, I don't get my hopes up. But I do think we will eventually get something. I don't believe either its anytime soon, tho.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5736 on: December 13, 2016, 06:30:55 PM »

Chinese Whispers starts in 1993, so we got 7 years of nothing. At least now we do know that there is lots of tracks (and we did had some small leaks since 2008). It's just a different situation now regarding Slash and Duff back in the camp.

I don't know man, I don't get my hopes up. But I do think we will eventually get something. I don't believe either its anytime soon, tho.

Well on very late 93 we got that guns cover album   New videos.   Mid 90s tons of band interviews still   Solo albums    Then a live album    Then in the late 90s we got a brand new single

So those 7 years where actually pretty productive for a band that fell apart

Then in the early 2000s we got new music!   Played through out the 2000s until we finally got a a album

Is the past few years where we haven't had a peak of anything new every around the corner
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5737 on: December 13, 2016, 08:09:23 PM »

A single that was rushed and underperformed. New songs performed live that evolved a lot in 8 years and sounded pretty different on the released form. And when they actually need to prove a point.

Not sure about the leaks talk, as it wasn't the band's intention - we shouldn't get any of this before the album. Maybe their security is more tight now? I don't know.

The two situations are nothing alike IMO.

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #5738 on: December 13, 2016, 08:11:40 PM »

Just wonder if they wanted to stretch the world to make their stamp again and then will put something terrific together in terms of a new album in next couple of years...God I hope so
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5739 on: December 13, 2016, 08:29:39 PM »

A single that was rushed and underperformed. New songs performed live that evolved a lot in 8 years and sounded pretty different on the released form. And when they actually need to prove a point.

Not sure about the leaks talk, as it wasn't the band's intention - we shouldn't get any of this before the album. Maybe their security is more tight now? I don't know.

The two situations are nothing alike IMO.

I agree they are nothing alike

We had a band that previously talked about and released new music.  A band that played new music live before ever released on an album

Now we have this. 

A band that hasn't played a new song live in years

You are right it isn't like it used to be
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 493 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: