Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2024, 10:36:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228155 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 493 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1606357 times)
ericy210
Headliner

What's up..... homefuck!

« Reply #5700 on: December 12, 2016, 10:02:56 PM »

That's 23% of the bands music!  23% of the bands music is unoriginal music, written by other people.  That's crazy!

But don't you think they do a great job on them?  I totally do.

From the early gritty stuff like 'Jumpin' Jack Flash' right through the more polished 'Since I Don't Have You'.

I think they crush cover songs.  Not every band does.
Agreed.  They make the song their own.  The add their attitude and sound while still respecting the original.  I think they make some of those great songs even better, or at least as good but just different.

Iowa City 1993, Leeds 2002, Quad Cities 2002, Chicago 2002, NYC 2006, Lisbon 2006, London 2006, Donnington 2006, Wembley 2006, Chicago 2006, Toronto 2010, Chicago 2011, Chicago 2012, Chicago 2016 x 2
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5701 on: December 12, 2016, 10:08:50 PM »

That's 23% of the bands music!  23% of the bands music is unoriginal music, written by other people.  That's crazy!

But don't you think they do a great job on them?  I totally do.

From the early gritty stuff like 'Jumpin' Jack Flash' right through the more polished 'Since I Don't Have You'.

I think they crush cover songs.  Not every band does.
Agreed.  They make the song their own.  The add their attitude and sound while still respecting the original.  I think they make some of those great songs even better, or at least as good but just different.

What is this a cover band then?

I would love to hear your input on new original music

I would love to hear fans saying.  Damn they really nailed it with that new song.  I sure hope that one takes the place of that song they play by that other band
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5702 on: December 12, 2016, 10:33:51 PM »

Slash is back.

Duff is back.

Coma is back.

DTTJ is back.

Adler is back in the fold.

They're more of a stadium act now than during the Illusions.

Axl sounds great.

All checked, now let's get back to grinding on the friggin setlist...

I think we all want new music, though not all agree on the stance with the cover songs. To me they're Guns N Roses songs, the sound is not different to the ones written by themselves. It would be different if Axl tried to imitate Dylan during KOHD. A great song is... a great song I guess, people seem to think so anyways.

I also think we shouldn't get our hopes up regarding new material as long as they're touring under the NITL banner, it's sort of a comeback, greatest hits tour. Rather be happily surprised if they choose to weave in some stuff as they go along. But I think their plan is to do a separate tour when the time of releasing material comes closer.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5703 on: December 12, 2016, 11:39:28 PM »

Slash is back.

Duff is back.

Coma is back.

DTTJ is back.

Axl sounds great.

I think we all want new music, though not all agree on the stance with the cover songs. To me they're Guns N Roses songs, the sound is not different to the ones written by themselves. It would be different if Axl tried to imitate Dylan during KOHD. A great song is... a great song I guess, people seem to think so anyways.

I also think we shouldn't get our hopes up regarding new material as long as they're touring under the NITL banner, it's sort of a comeback, greatest hits tour. Rather be happily surprised if they choose to weave in some stuff as they go along. But I think their plan is to do a separate tour when the time of releasing material comes closer.

Cool.

Enjoy your first European leg of this tour

On the Second North American leg of this tour

I am hoping for more original music.   No covers.  And a huge set list change
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #5704 on: December 13, 2016, 12:20:12 AM »

There's a time and place for everything... i'm sure we will get new material.... how's that one song go ?  Just a little.... Patience.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5705 on: December 13, 2016, 12:47:31 AM »

Slash is back.

Duff is back.

Coma is back.

DTTJ is back.

Axl sounds great.

Cool.

Thanks!

Just a question, you don't like LALD and KOHD?

Hoping for a change in the setlist is alright with me, it would be cool to hear lots of stuff from their catalog. I've never said otherwise.

The second NA leg is places they didn't play this year though, so I wouldn't expect any huge changes in the set.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5706 on: December 13, 2016, 07:29:09 AM »

I still have no idea why anyone who seems to dislike the setlist so much would book tickets to see the tour again, as well as spend huge amounts of time grumbling about it all.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5707 on: December 13, 2016, 08:04:50 AM »

I still have no idea why anyone who seems to dislike the setlist so much would book tickets to see the tour again, as well as spend huge amounts of time grumbling about it all.
That's what the Internet is for. hihi

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5708 on: December 13, 2016, 08:40:49 AM »

No one minds criticism, debate, pulling the band up on stuff etc, but endlessly dragging on about setlists, given the great year it's been for GNR fans? It's pretty tiresome. To say the least.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5709 on: December 13, 2016, 09:01:43 AM »

No one minds criticism, debate, pulling the band up on stuff etc, but endlessly dragging on about setlists, given the great year it's been for GNR fans? It's pretty tiresome. To say the least.

So stick to the thread that is titled

"I love everything about GNR, because I am a true fan!"

If you don't want to read about set list speculation or wants or next album speculation or wants, stay out of the threads containing those conversations
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5710 on: December 13, 2016, 09:09:32 AM »

Slash is back.

Duff is back.

Coma is back.

DTTJ is back.

Axl sounds great.

Cool.

Thanks!

Just a question, you don't like LALD and KOHD?

Hoping for a change in the setlist is alright with me, it would be cool to hear lots of stuff from their catalog. I've never said otherwise.

The second NA leg is places they didn't play this year though, so I wouldn't expect any huge changes in the set.

I cant stand KOHD.  I actually hate the song.  I hate how it is played.  I hate how it is sung.  I hate how the lyrics are repeated over and over again.  I hate how it brings out fake audience participation from the mindless sheep.   I hate pretty much everything about it.

LALD is a great cover.  GUNS has always done a great job performing this cover song.   The thing for me is that they have played it at every frigging show I can think of.  Everyone I have been at anyways.   I am sick of hearing it.  Its not a original song, its a cover song.   That has been played to death I feel.

Even though this second NA leg is being catered to cities they havnt played yet.  I feel that they are playing in very similar markets as there past shows.  For example, if GUNS didn't hit your specific city 1 year ago and you where a fan and wanted to see them and they where just playing 1 hr away.  Chances are you went to see them.  I know I did, I know many people did.  So to me this is a second leg of there NA tour.  Things should get switched up a bit as they are playing markets that are very close to places they just played.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5711 on: December 13, 2016, 09:19:03 AM »

And I love how people find it ok to criticize other people for posting stuff that isn't a shared opinion....

Where do you get all the time to go on the internet and criticize peoples posts on message forums?? 

Do you also call into sports radio talk shows and criticize callers, for calling in and complaining and criticizing and suggesting things for there fav team???

You can have a fav team/band and still be critical of it/them.   

Look at it like voting.  I say if you vote you sure can talk politics.  If you don't vote keep your mouth shut

If you support a band or sports team with, purchasing tickets/albums/merchandise.  You can voice your opinion on what ever you want.   

If you like everything always, go a head and say that.   I dont
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5712 on: December 13, 2016, 09:35:24 AM »

So you can talk about this same thing in every single thread - even in one of the few which are NOT about live performances - because this is criticism?

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5713 on: December 13, 2016, 09:40:29 AM »

And I love how people find it ok to criticize other people for posting stuff that isn't a shared opinion....

Where do you get all the time to go on the internet and criticize peoples posts on message forums?? 

Do you also call into sports radio talk shows and criticize callers, for calling in and complaining and criticizing and suggesting things for there fav team???

Look at it like voting.  I say if you vote you sure can talk politics.  If you don't vote keep your mouth shut

If you support a band or sports team with, purchasing tickets/albums/merchandise.  You can voice your opinion on what ever you want.   

But EVERYTHING you post goes back to "the band play too many covers, the setlist is boring, they need to change it" etc etc. You've made your point. Give it a rest!

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5714 on: December 13, 2016, 09:41:44 AM »

So you can talk about this same thing in every single thread - even in one of the few which are NOT about live performances - because this is criticism?

EXACTLY. Every thread just gets derailed by the same old negative shit.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5715 on: December 13, 2016, 09:45:40 AM »

But EVERYTHING you post goes back to "the band play too many covers, the setlist is boring, they need to change it" etc etc. You've made your point. Give it a rest!

When did I ever say the set list is boring?

They do play to many covers

I brought this thread back from the dead to spark conversations.   And as I stated 3 pages back I made my point.

I was just asked direct questions though and responded to them.  

And if you don't like it

Start another topic.   And lets talk about that.

because the only thing I can really recall from your posts is you complaining about posts....
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5716 on: December 13, 2016, 09:48:16 AM »

When did I ever say the set list is boring?

They do play to many covers

I brought this thread back from the dead to spark conversations.   And as I stated 3 pages back I made my point.

And if you don't like it

because the only thing I can really recall from your posts is you complaining about posts....

Really? You do realize the irony of that comment regarding complaints? There only seems to be one name that continually turns every thread into a complaint about cover versions and set lists......

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5717 on: December 13, 2016, 09:53:09 AM »

There also seems to be a heck of a lot of other people who seem to be thoroughly sick of it too, looking at all the above comments!

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5718 on: December 13, 2016, 09:55:31 AM »

There also seems to be a heck of a lot of other people who seem to be thoroughly sick of it too, looking at all the above comments!

Cool

So what else do you have?? 

What is your next hot topic you would like to talk about?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5719 on: December 13, 2016, 10:07:44 AM »

No, you didn't. Sofine did it with this post:

With the momentum being so strong going into 2017, I can't help but wonder if there's been any further talk among Guns regarding the next album.  Being the biggest touring act of 2016/2017 I would imagine news of new music would go over particularly well right now.  I know the music industry sucks right now and that record sales are at an all time low, but you'd think they'd want to strike while the iron's hot, if they're ever going to do it.  Hmm...

But then you derailed yet another thread with your endless complaints. You didn't spark conversations, you incited people to argue (because your points are fair, but your rethoric is tiresome) about something that has little to do in this 286 pages thread.

And if you don't like it

Wait a minute: you're honestly suggesting people to start a thread to talk about other things?

Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 493 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: