Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 05:24:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1678447 times)
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #5320 on: June 14, 2015, 11:47:46 AM »

"should" in 2016....honestly, I am not interested in "should" statements from bandmembers. If it ain't coming from Ax AND the record label, I ain't buying it.  Undecided

gotta keep it real....

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #5321 on: June 14, 2015, 12:56:47 PM »

As Axl once said akin to " if you're waiting for the album to drop - don't. Get on with living your life..." Is now gonna be 2016  crying

http://loudwire.com/richard-fortus-2016-new-guns-n-roses-music/?utm_source=sailthru&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=newsletter_4511503

Great News-! Am very excited about the new Album and tour.

Thank you for posting  beer

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #5322 on: June 14, 2015, 03:30:01 PM »

We are talking about a possible album to be released, that after eight years of CD and axl with 53 years old. I think he will release this new album, but probably will be the last one that we will hear from him, and maybe a few years of touring and that?s it. I do not see him, with 60, doing the whole process again.
Mm I being pessimistic?

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5323 on: June 14, 2015, 03:53:09 PM »

We are talking about a possible album to be released, that after eight years of CD and axl with 53 years old. I think he will release this new album, but probably will be the last one that we will hear from him, and maybe a few years of touring and that?s it. I do not see him, with 60, doing the whole process again.
Mm I being pessimistic?

Depends. If they by now have 2 albums worth of material, I could see them releasing one in the near future and then another one 2-3 years later. I guess that would be his original idea set in motion.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #5324 on: June 14, 2015, 03:56:22 PM »

Mm I being pessimistic?

Depends. If they by now have 2 albums worth of material, I could see them releasing one in the near future and then another one 2-3 years later. I guess that would be his original idea set in motion.

They already had this "2 albums worth of material" 8 years ago...  Undecided

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5325 on: June 14, 2015, 04:03:20 PM »

Mm I being pessimistic?

They already had this "2 albums worth of material" 8 years ago...  Undecided

Yes, I know it's been said for years now, Axl even said they were working on songs for the 3rd album back in 2006.

Of course we don't know what has happened since then. It could have been a bunch of songs the record company hadn't heard yet at the time, and then disapproved on once they heard. If so, the body of "releasable" material would always be changing.

I understand people become more and more skeptical as time passes by while only one album has been released. The "long list of songs" that has been talked about becomes less believable for the public for that reason. However, since we don't really know what's going on behind the scene it's pretty much a guessing game for us.

What I was saying with the previous post is if they really have 2 albums completed, that could be a realistic scenario.

Sweetness is a virtue
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #5326 on: June 14, 2015, 04:16:36 PM »

Whoever thinks there will be a new album in 2016 is very naive

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5327 on: June 14, 2015, 04:19:15 PM »

Many people said that in 2007/2008 about Chinese as well.. I think it's bound to happen at one point.

Sweetness is a virtue
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #5328 on: June 14, 2015, 04:43:41 PM »

"should" in 2016....honestly, I am not interested in "should" statements from bandmembers. If it ain't coming from Ax AND the record label, I ain't buying it.  Undecided

gotta keep it real....

Richard said pretty much the same thing, in April of 2014.....

GUNS N' ROSES Could Have New Music Out In Next Year, Says Guitarist RICHARD FORTUS

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-could-have-new-music-out-in-next-year-says-guitarist-richard-fortus/

April 24, 2014

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5329 on: June 14, 2015, 05:09:39 PM »

Frank apparently said the same thing to someone on twitter. It was posted on GNRTruth.

He basically said that he's been told something will happen late 2015/early 2016.

Hopefully this is a message from Axl to the members.

Sweetness is a virtue
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #5330 on: June 14, 2015, 05:25:41 PM »

Frank apparently said the same thing to someone on twitter. It was posted on GNRTruth.

He basically said that he's been told something will happen late 2015/early 2016.

Let's be clear, this is from an interview with a fan club.  Frank only comments on a possible "tour"....

Axl Rose - Fan Club: The band has plans for an upcoming tour?

Frank Ferrer: There are always plans for a tour. We hope that later this year or early next!

http://www.axlrosefaclube.com/2015/06/axl-rose-fa-clube-entrevista-frank-ferrer/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5331 on: June 14, 2015, 05:47:04 PM »

Let's be clear, this is from an interview with a fan club.  Frank only comments on a possible "tour"....

Axl Rose - Fan Club: The band has plans for an upcoming tour?

Frank Ferrer: There are always plans for a tour. We hope that later this year or early next!

http://www.axlrosefaclube.com/2015/06/axl-rose-fa-clube-entrevista-frank-ferrer/

Yes, that's the question he answered. Richard said album & tour in 2016.

Tying them together, they seem to have received the same information.

The point was that when similar info comes separately from two band members, I think it raises the credibility.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 05:57:33 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #5332 on: June 14, 2015, 06:56:58 PM »

I prefer to think of my self as "hopeful," but to each his own...
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #5333 on: June 14, 2015, 10:51:56 PM »

When in the past has updating the fanbase been high on the to do list? 

Every time there's something worth updating about.

It's all in the eye of the beholder.

/jarmo

They seem to think it's worth updating all the time but still we wait in vain, in hope, in frustration as every update comes to nothing. Surely even you must be disappointed in getting worked up and being let down.   no

DJ updated us Oct 2014 - Guns N? Roses guitarist DJ Ashba has revealed that the legendary rock band has two new albums already recorded and ready to be released in the near future.

Guns N? Roses frontman Axl Rose stated in a past interview that the band was halfway through recording a follow-up to their 2008 release Chinese Democracy, and had a remix version of their 2008 album recorded and ready to go.   YAY..... drat  rant

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1537848/guns-n-roses-have-two-new-albums-recorded-and-ready-to-go/#Fj5SeeGfGlJ6Lpmp.99

DJ updated us Sept 2014 - Guns N? Roses guitarist DJ Ashba told Legendary Rock Interviews that 2015 will be a busy year for the band, with hitting the road and possibly a new album.

Said Ashba:

We are planning on doing quite a bit of touring this coming year. The focus is getting in a studio and putting together what we all feel is the best Guns N? Roses record. Lack of material is not an issue. We have tons of stuff. Axl has two full albums that he has recorded,  he has played me a bunch of songs off of that, are incredible! I can?t wait to get in and kind of dive into those as well. I?ve written tons of songs & demoed up a bunch of stuff. I think it is just a matter of getting in & sifting through the piles of material  YAY.....double drat  rant

Richard Fortus - Sept 2014 Guitarist Richard Fortus hinted at new material in 2015 back in April, which would be the band?s first new material since 2008s Chinese Democracy. We?re not sure that Axl having ?two full albums? recorded already is a good sign, but we?ll take it.  YAY...uh oh  Undecided

Ashba Says 2015 Will Be Busy For Guns N? Roses

DJ Ashba may have the dumbest name ever, since he?s no DJ.

But the dude is nonetheless in Guns N? Roses.

And he claims in a new interview that the band will have a very busy 2015.

?We are planning on doing quite a bit of touring this coming year,? he said. YAY..... not again  crying

Now Richard says touring next year & maybe a new album.

There's always updates & we get all excited thinking 2015 we'll get to another concert & nothing happens.

The only band I'm dying to see again, hear again & it's been a whole year with not a word or a photo of Axl, he deserves privacy and he deserves time out for himself but a whole year? Why can't he come here just to say hi, 5 minutes of his time to post a photo and tell us how wonderful the fans are. That he loves us, peace and especially a big hello to Dolphins  yes   love
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #5334 on: June 14, 2015, 11:52:41 PM »

/jarmo

They seem to think it's worth updating all the time but still we wait in vain, in hope, in frustration as every update comes to nothing. Surely even you must be disappointed in getting worked up and being let down.   no

DJ updated us Oct 2014 - Guns N? Roses guitarist DJ Ashba has revealed that the legendary rock band has two new albums already recorded and ready to be released in the near future.

Guns N? Roses frontman Axl Rose stated in a past interview that the band was halfway through recording a follow-up to their 2008 release Chinese Democracy, and had a remix version of their 2008 album recorded and ready to go.   YAY..... drat  rant

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1537848/guns-n-roses-have-two-new-albums-recorded-and-ready-to-go/#Fj5SeeGfGlJ6Lpmp.99

DJ updated us Sept 2014 - Guns N? Roses guitarist DJ Ashba told Legendary Rock Interviews that 2015 will be a busy year for the band, with hitting the road and possibly a new album.

Said Ashba:

We are planning on doing quite a bit of touring this coming year. The focus is getting in a studio and putting together what we all feel is the best Guns N? Roses record. Lack of material is not an issue. We have tons of stuff. Axl has two full albums that he has recorded,  he has played me a bunch of songs off of that, are incredible! I can?t wait to get in and kind of dive into those as well. I?ve written tons of songs & demoed up a bunch of stuff. I think it is just a matter of getting in & sifting through the piles of material  YAY.....double drat  rant

Richard Fortus - Sept 2014 Guitarist Richard Fortus hinted at new material in 2015 back in April, which would be the band?s first new material since 2008s Chinese Democracy. We?re not sure that Axl having ?two full albums? recorded already is a good sign, but we?ll take it.  YAY...uh oh  Undecided

?We are planning on doing quite a bit of touring this coming year,? he said. YAY..... not again  crying

There's always updates & we get all excited thinking 2015 we'll get to another concert & nothing happens.

The only band I'm dying to see again, hear again & it's been a whole year with not a word or a photo of Axl, he deserves privacy and he deserves time out for himself but a whole year? Why can't he come here just to say hi, 5 minutes of his time to post a photo and tell us how wonderful the fans are. That he loves us, peace and especially a big hello to Dolphins  yes   love

How is DJ a "dumb" name? Those are his actual initials.

Everytime anyone says anything it is twisted, translated and analyzed six ways from Sunday, I understand the silence completely.

Also, things change and life keeps happening so plans can change and evolve.

I seem to remember a great quote about waiting.  rofl

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #5335 on: June 15, 2015, 04:51:56 AM »

/jarmo

Said Ashba:

How is DJ a "dumb" name? Those are his actual initials.

Everytime anyone says anything it is twisted, translated and analyzed six ways from Sunday, I understand the silence completely.

Also, things change and life keeps happening so plans can change and evolve.

I seem to remember a great quote about waiting.  rofl

I know that's what I thought. My Auntie always calls my Uncle DJ, it's not dumb.

Ok you got me, can you share this quote which has you in stitches? I'm smiling at your sentence without knowing what you mean but I could do with a laugh tonight.  Huh
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5336 on: June 15, 2015, 11:07:20 AM »

Not a huge shock here.  With everyone so spread out in 2015, it wasn't really in the cards for them to do much.

The hope has to be that is some legwork being done during this year so they can be wheels up come next.

If they are saying a year from now, "well, its just a matter of sorting through the material..." you can pretty much throw up your hands.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5337 on: June 15, 2015, 11:23:45 AM »

Not a huge shock here.  With everyone so spread out in 2015, it wasn't really in the cards for them to do much.

The hope has to be that is some legwork being done during this year so they can be wheels up come next.

If they are saying a year from now, "well, its just a matter of sorting through the material..." you can pretty much throw up your hands.

The real question will be late this year early next year...

If the band members will sit on there hands waiting for GNR plans, or will go about booking dates for there other bands.....

Spring/summer concerts/locations/spots on festivals book up quick and many months in advance.

If there are no "for sure" tour plans for next year by year end or early next year, I see the same thing as this year happening.   Nothing from gnr and band members touring/writting with there other bands
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #5338 on: June 16, 2015, 07:56:29 AM »

I'm not putting any money on it, but it's better to hear that than "nothing is planned."
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5339 on: June 16, 2015, 09:40:33 AM »

I'm not putting any money on it, but it's better to hear that than "nothing is planned."

I love interviews from band members and I think there should be way more of them.

However.....

When it comes to the topic of futures....  I.E. Future plans, future music, future touring.  I dont want to hear/read it from anyone other than Axl Rose.

There is only one man that can read the future of Guns N Roses and its him
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: