Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:34:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1680523 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4880 on: February 09, 2015, 05:03:44 PM »

so I might have someone to go to a future concert with me.

Awwww....

Try selling this line-up to peeps outside the bubble, dude.  Uphill climb.

Different line-up, we'd need to rent a bus.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
The Hinge
Headliner

Here Today...and every bloody day

« Reply #4881 on: February 09, 2015, 05:06:51 PM »

@EmilyGNR -  Honestly get over it. Enough of the interjections/lectures  no  I enjoy both negative and positive comments ( i am sure other do too) - it makes for good discussion - amusing at times also. Less boring.

The last thing I want to do is come here and read censored fluff about how good everything is.

'Most organized religions make a mockery of humanity'
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4882 on: February 09, 2015, 05:10:26 PM »

So, I'd suggest YOU cut your losses here, as well.

What? You want me to ban you?

You just admitted that you burned copies of the GN'R album instead of buying more copies. That's not the way to help a band to succeed. A bit ironic.
A lot of words, a little action.

Try selling this line-up to peeps outside the bubble, dude.  Uphill climb.

Different line-up, we'd need to rent a bus.

Yeah, they'd put up with even you for that!  Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #4883 on: February 09, 2015, 05:12:19 PM »

@EmilyGNR -  Honestly get over it. Enough of the interjections/lectures  no  I enjoy both negative and positive comments ( i am sure other do too) - it makes for good discussion - amusing at times also. Less boring.

The last thing I want to do is come here and read censored fluff about how good everything is.

You get over it.

Last thing I want to do is check in here and read the same tired criticisims and amateur advice attempts from an uninvolved party.

All the constant complaints are very tiresome, and they are redundantly nauseating.

Im having fun anticipating the next release and the next touring cycle, looking forward to both! peace
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 05:15:31 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4884 on: February 09, 2015, 05:17:40 PM »

So, I'd suggest YOU cut your losses here, as well.

What? You want me to ban you?

Not at all.

But I tried putting the best spin on my efforts.  Isn't that what you are all about, the best spin?

However, if you REALLY want to get into how that all went, I have to warn you, its not a pleasant conversation in terms of the reception I got.

You just admitted that you burned copies of the GN'R album instead of buying more copies.

Are you out of your fucking mind?  I was supposed to buy everyone a copy?

I burned the album for people that would not have bought it with a gun to their heads.  They'd have just told me to shoot them.

It was my hope (my unfounded hope, it turned out) that some of the people that did not consider this to be GNR (not even in name) might still hear something that caught their ear.  It did not go that way.  I probably burned it for 15-20 people, and not one person came back and told me they dug it.  Not one.  And believe you me, I followed up with every single one of them.

And these were established GNR fans.  They weren't having it, not even a little bit.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4885 on: February 09, 2015, 05:22:18 PM »

However, if you REALLY want to get into how that all went, I have to warn you, its not a pleasant conversation in terms of the reception I got.

Poor you.
I honestly don't care. I'll just blame it on your lack of personality and your wrong way of doing things! Seems fair.

For a guy who wants the band to succeed and do well, hell yes!
You've been telling us all how you want the band to succeed, do well, be respected and whatnot and then you copy the album. That shows that you don't think it's worth buying for any of your friends and you lack the confidence in the material since you burned copies....

Wow....  So disappointed in you. no

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4886 on: February 09, 2015, 05:26:27 PM »

Poor you.
I honestly don't care. I'll just blame it on your lack of personality and your wrong way of doing things! Seems fair.

Productive response.  Mature, too.

For a guy who wants the band to succeed and do well, hell yes!

Bud, I'm not the one on the payroll.  This is not a conversation you are having with your mirror.

I tried to get a few longtime fans who had zero interest in this to give it a chance.  It didn't happen.

And just as a tip, when it comes to satire...usually, less is more.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4887 on: February 09, 2015, 05:35:45 PM »

Productive response.  Mature, too.

Those are the cards I was dealt.... Smiley

Bud, I'm not the one on the payroll.  This is not a conversation you are having with your mirror

Awww, insults will get you nowhere.
As a matter of fact, I bought several copies of the album myself.... Some as presents for others.
Don't recall burning copies like you though.

Sorry to tell you, but you're just all talk.
You almost fooled me! Not!

Wink

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4888 on: February 09, 2015, 05:37:31 PM »

What the hell just happened here?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4889 on: February 09, 2015, 05:41:11 PM »

I think we just learned that you say you want one thing, then do the opposite and you got nobody to go to shows with. In short!

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4890 on: February 09, 2015, 05:43:14 PM »

As always, I'm content to let people read the exchange and arrive at their own conclusions.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4891 on: February 09, 2015, 05:45:13 PM »

I'm giving them the abbreviated version so they don't have to read all that drivel about how you've been wronged by Axl. Smiley
Productivity!

/jarmo

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #4892 on: February 09, 2015, 05:58:49 PM »

if you are going to do that then just go back to page 1 and start over!

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4893 on: February 09, 2015, 06:18:10 PM »

if you are going to do that then just go back to page 1 and start over!

Or, we could talk about the setlist! Wink

/jarmo

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4894 on: February 09, 2015, 07:28:01 PM »

As always, I'm content to let people read the exchange and arrive at their own conclusions.

This is why late nights and weekends are best here.

When I don't have to put up with all this banter!    And can talk to myself haha
mortismurphy
« Reply #4895 on: February 09, 2015, 07:34:12 PM »

It was a temper tantrum, one of those classic Axl ''hurt your enemies meanwhile, shooting yourself in the foot'' scenarios, pure and simple. Axl delivered up the master tapes but still had not finalised the artwork. The record company, fearing more widespread procrastination - Axl had first promised the album in 1999 - dropped the thing against his request for another delay. Axl used the only tool he had against them: hibernation, withdrawing his support for the release. It is that simple.

When he re-emerged in 2010, the album had already maxamised its sales.

It was a policy of hurting interscope (in turn, stinging himself).

Classic Axl.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4896 on: February 09, 2015, 07:46:19 PM »

Nice theory. How do you explain him asking for info on the albums planned promotion and marketing YEARS before the release and getting nothing?
I'm sure they could come up with more than "the most anticipated album of all times" and putting it up on MySpace in all that time.

But they didn't.

/jarmo

mortismurphy
« Reply #4897 on: February 09, 2015, 07:48:40 PM »

I am expected to believe that they did not wish to promote an album that they had pumped $13 million into?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4898 on: February 09, 2015, 07:56:32 PM »

I am expected to believe that they did not wish to promote an album that they had pumped $13 million into?

That's not what I asked you.

How much money did they make off Greatest Hits? That album didn't exactly require a lot of investment to put out.
Also, Best Buy made an exclusive deal. Probably not for free. The record company has, and keeps making, money off GN'R. Don't you worry.
Even Duff talked about how they rip GN'R off by not paying what they owed.

/jarmo

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4899 on: February 09, 2015, 07:57:15 PM »

One big factor is that they recouped their money in the Best Buy deal.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: