Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:44:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1679649 times)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #440 on: August 22, 2012, 03:07:30 AM »

So do we know what month there going into the studio??

I dont think we know any spesific date, but from what we have heard through interviews and people that have talked to the members, they are "working on it". Richard said he hoped that they would finish up the new record before touring again.. so who knows=) Its exciting times again anyway!

I look forward to see whats going to happen the next months.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #441 on: August 22, 2012, 04:24:52 AM »

So do we know what month there going into the studio??
For all we know, they could of been in and out of the studio for the past 3 years, and probably have. Why would they let this be known?, as it would only fuel new album rumours.  Lips Sealed
ianlei
Neon Bomb!
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #442 on: August 22, 2012, 08:11:42 AM »

Obviously I would love to hear new material, but I also feel the Chin Dem chapter is still very much open.

Ever since Chin Dem was released, I have been addicted to the album, so I couldn?t be happier/more content musically. However, it has always felt incomplete. To know that the album doesn?t contain the artwork/booklet the band intended, after all the years of their work & all my years of anticipation leaves a gap for me.

Other factors of course could be influencing that feeling too; other things that we were hoping for, such as music videos. I know I was also hoping to hear Axl?s in-depth insight into every song; like the way he described ?Oh My God? (my dream scenario would have been a TV show/DVD where the band sat discussing the songs and played some of them live, maybe even an unplugged kinda thing!).

I know albums mean different things to people, but to me, this album isn?t just something I want to listen to, I want to totally immerse myself into it?s every note, layer, lyric..etc, and that includes the artwork?after all the years of anticipation and it?s mind-blowing music, this isn?t just another album to me and I feel there?s more to get from it.     
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #443 on: August 22, 2012, 11:01:51 AM »

I seriously don't get why some are so against things they know nothing about.

There's a couple of possible scenarios. Let's take a quick look.

A: A new album is released. Which we know nothing about at this point. Could be new material, could be tracks recorded during Chinese Democracy sessions. Or both!

B: Chinese Democracy is re-released somehow (with or without new artwork, bonus content etc.), somewhere (retail, online, digital etc.) followed by a new album later.

C: Chinese Democracy is re-released at the same time as a new release. See B.

Now I know most fans would love plan A. First and foremost. New material, who doesn't want that?

I get that.

But what I don't get is the whole "If they don't... The media will...". Are you that naive? Most of the media doesn't play on our team. They never give the band a fair shot. Never.

Why would that change with a new album? The shit they write about Axl and the band isn't gonna stop when they put out an album. You give them one less reason to make shit up, and they just make up something else.

Just like with some fans, you can't win with these people. Why bother trying to please idiots who are never happy?

Since when was GN'R a band that tried to please the media anyway?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Erick
Headliner

« Reply #444 on: August 22, 2012, 12:23:39 PM »

I would love a re-release of Chinese Democracy  my dream would be like Oh My God bonus and Silkworms.

I will always hope the studio version of the song SOD version Rock N Rio 2011

Axl can launch "Dark Side" will complain that the media is not saying that the original band

Worldwide media will only give value when the person dies!!

If launch 10 new versions of the Chinese I buy because I love this album, listen to the songs of them daily and am a fan of GNR since 1990
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #445 on: August 22, 2012, 01:45:43 PM »

At this point i'd just like to know when we might see something new from Guns (even if that's a re-release)

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #446 on: August 22, 2012, 04:26:05 PM »

A: A new album is released. Which we know nothing about at this point. Could be new material, could be tracks recorded during Chinese Democracy sessions. Or both!

B: Chinese Democracy is re-released somehow (with or without new artwork, bonus content etc.), somewhere (retail, online, digital etc.) followed by a new album later.

Now I know most fans would love plan A. First and foremost. New material, who doesn't want that?

I get that.

But what I don't get is the whole "If they don't... The media will...". Are you that naive? Most of the media doesn't play on our team. They never give the band a fair shot. Never.

Why would that change with a new album? The shit they write about Axl and the band isn't gonna stop when they put out an album. You give them one less reason to make shit up, and they just make up something else.

Just like with some fans, you can't win with these people. Why bother trying to please idiots who are never happy?

Since when was GN'R a band that tried to please the media anyway?

/jarmo

Didn't they talk about potential plans when you were on tour with them? Is a Re-release something that Axl has expressed he wants to do?

A rerelease on sale at the Vegas shows would go down well, particularly if it was promoted with a couple of extra tracks.

Here today...ready to rock
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #447 on: August 22, 2012, 05:19:26 PM »

Axl talked about putting out the proper artwork weeks after the album was released.

Since that hasn't happened yet, I hope there's some kind of deluxe/fan edition of the album on the horizon.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ecwfan
Rocker

« Reply #448 on: August 22, 2012, 07:17:29 PM »

Didn't Axl also say he saw Chinese Democracy as a double album ? Maybe with the new artwork we will get 24/25 songs in total as well as the track listing he wanted to go by.
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #449 on: August 23, 2012, 05:16:23 PM »

I think that a re-release would be actualy a good thing.

Gnr has toured from 2009 through 2012 creating a stable touring band and imange to promoters, retailers, everything. and I would love it if a rerelease would happen with the proper promo and market behind it and give it a second chance.

Since 2011-2012 more and more mag's are getting into chinese then they did when it dropped cause of the expetations and stuff and no-one would think it would ever be released... but when people actualy give it a good look and listen they know it's a solid album full of epic texts and music.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #450 on: August 23, 2012, 07:23:03 PM »

Didn't Axl also say he saw Chinese Democracy as a double album ? Maybe with the new artwork we will get 24/25 songs in total as well as the track listing he wanted to go by.

That would be the most ideal scenario for a Chinese rerelease IMO.  That is, releasing it as the double album Axl always saw it as, complete with the correct artwork and liner notes.

drool
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 07:34:36 PM by sofine11 » Logged
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #451 on: August 24, 2012, 03:25:44 AM »

That would be the most ideal scenario for a Chinese rerelease IMO.  That is, releasing it as the double album Axl always saw it as, complete with the correct artwork and liner notes.

drool
I don't know why, but I have always imagined Chinese Democracy being more than one album. Maybe the next album will have a new name, but still follow the Chinese theme. I would like the band to keep with the concept of Chinese Democracy, at least for the next album. I personally would see it as a huge waste, if the next album is in a totally different direction. Only because so much time and effort has been put into the CD era, and I certainly see GN'R post 1999, as the embodiment of the Chinese Democracy movement.
gnrfan1797
« Reply #452 on: August 24, 2012, 07:42:17 AM »

Axl talked about putting out the proper artwork weeks after the album was released.

Since that hasn't happened yet, I hope there's some kind of deluxe/fan edition of the album on the horizon.

/jarmo

I would love a deluxe fan edition. I like to collect all the physical things gnr has released. I think Andre needed a tissue after you were done with him. Smiley
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #453 on: August 24, 2012, 06:13:24 PM »

I just think we should let the Chinese Democracy era behind us and move forward.
 To be honest, I had it with that era.

I wanna hear something new of the current lineup, which seems - and I hope is - a quite solid lineup (what we couldn't say for a long time).

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #454 on: August 24, 2012, 06:24:36 PM »

Before Andre the expert jumps in and says he agrees with you, you missed the point.

Once again, one does not exclude the other.

Re-releasing a previous album does in no shape or form stop anybody from moving forward.

/jarmo

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #455 on: August 25, 2012, 03:45:02 AM »

/jarmo

For me, A B or C would be really cool. I would actually love C more than others but any would be awesome . Even a rerelease with a new track or two would be cool. I think everyone wants new music from their favorite band. I love the old stuff, the newer stuff, but I always crave more. Though I do understand that I can't expect it, it doesn't and hasn't stopped me from patiently hoping and waiting for it.  hihi

Maybe we'll get some news on something new with the Vegas shows. That would be cool. I want a reason for there to be and to look at a new album page Jarmo.  hihi I will always have fond memories of visting the New Album/Chinese Democracy page for all those years before ever looking at the message board and hoping for something new.

With all that being said, anything Guns does these days is great news and better than the dark days with not even a peep of anything.

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #456 on: August 25, 2012, 04:30:11 AM »

Before Andre the expert jumps in and says he agrees with you, you missed the point.

Once again, one does not exclude the other.

Re-releasing a previous album does in no shape or form stop anybody from moving forward.

/jarmo

Indeed, it does not exclude the other if they actually would release new material and a re-release of CD around the same moment...., but if the band's (entourage) nr 1 priority is a re-release and some new stuff lets say months/year(s) after that, that isn't actually moving forward.
But I cannot believe that is the case, so I don't really worry...but if it would, then I would be a bit dissapointed. Thats all. The CD era is over for me... took already soooo long ;-)

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #457 on: August 25, 2012, 05:12:05 AM »

Something to coincide with the Vegas shows would be superb and give the band a lot of exposure.

Wonder what the band's plans are...

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #458 on: August 25, 2012, 12:20:38 PM »

By the look of the promotion of the vegas shows, i dont think there is anything connecting to a new album release, but who knows. Maybe they have some cool plans about doing something differet from the previus shows. Somethings in the air about these shows, but i cant imagin what it is. I dear mot interpret to much out of it.

Can we hope for a live stream of some of these shows? Fernando?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #459 on: August 25, 2012, 01:26:01 PM »

To me, something like a double album, with one part CD and the other a disc of the other songs that come from that era. Could call it "Chinese Democracy:The recount edition"  ok That way, the correct artwork and the other issues could be addressed and it would be the definitive release, and remind people that this band are as fresh as the bright blue sky...

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: