Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 08:28:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1679894 times)
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #420 on: August 21, 2012, 10:50:51 AM »

While it would be great for the fans I highly doubt that the label would rerelease CD. The way the record industry is nowadays as well as the economy leads me to believe that the label would be less likely to invest money in an album thats 4 years old that didnt quite live up to industry standards in terms of sales.

How would the record company have to invest a lot money in this? If anything it's all profit considering the album is already paid for. And if you're talking about promotion, forget it. We saw how much got spent on that the first time around.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #421 on: August 21, 2012, 11:13:32 AM »

While it would be great for the fans I highly doubt that the label would rerelease CD. The way the record industry is nowadays as well as the economy leads me to believe that the label would be less likely to invest money in an album thats 4 years old that didnt quite live up to industry standards in terms of sales.

How would the record company have to invest a lot money in this? If anything it's all profit considering the album is already paid for. And if you're talking about promotion, forget it. We saw how much got spent on that the first time around.

Printing copies of CD's, distribution, packaging the proposed new artwork, promotion, PR campaign...it all requires money from the label.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #422 on: August 21, 2012, 11:18:28 AM »

Printing copies of CD's, distribution, packaging the proposed new artwork, promotion, PR campaign...it all requires money from the label.

If that's an issue... Then, one word: Online.
Sell it online only at the official web site.
Make a digital version available on iTunes, Spotify and so on.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
deadtotheworld
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #423 on: August 21, 2012, 11:25:37 AM »

With the way people get music online legally or even illegally these days, how important is new artwork? If there was a few new tracks tagged on to CD I would probably just buy the extra tracks on itunes. The only way a rerelease of CD would work imo would be packaged with a live blu ray or dvd.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #424 on: August 21, 2012, 11:28:11 AM »

I know I'm as guilty as anyone, but has this re-release even been mentioned by anyone in the band? We've spent a lot of time speculating on it.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #425 on: August 21, 2012, 11:38:16 AM »

/jarmo

All of that requires money too. Im just not sure in this climate that anyone would want to put up money for this.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #426 on: August 21, 2012, 12:45:56 PM »

/jarmo

All of that requires money too. Im just not sure in this climate that anyone would want to put up money for this.

Yes, it requires some kind of investment.

But I'm sure it could be recouped.

If small bands without labels can put out albums and sell them at their shows and on their web sites, I'm sure the mighty Universal Music Group could figure out a way on how to make it work with a GN'R release...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #427 on: August 21, 2012, 04:53:35 PM »

I somehow feel sad when I think of GN'R just releasing an album online, threw outlets such as those mentioned. Not because I wouldn't think it would be a good idea, but because I think an album from GN'R should be released the traditional way, CD and Vinyl in stores primarily, and then those other outlets like myspace, itunes etc.

I guess timed have changed and this might not be the way GN'R choose to go in the future because of non existant support from the labels and so on. I guess it just makes me abit sad thinking of a GN'R album not getting released the same way all the other albums have up to this point.

I guess if the support from the label is as bad as it was last time, Axl and GN'R might indeed choose to do what has previously been said.

Times are changing... Undecided
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 04:57:20 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #428 on: August 21, 2012, 05:02:28 PM »

I somehow feel sad when I think of GN'R just releasing an album online, threw outlets such as those mentioned. Not because I wouldn't think it would be a good idea, but because I think an album from GN'R should be released the traditional way, CD and Vinyl and then those other outlets like myspace, itunes etc.

You can sell physical discs online as well. It's possible!

Just because you choose to sell it online, doesn't mean it has to be digital.

The problem these days is that the record stores are pretty much gone. People don't buy music in record stores anymore.

If you buy a CD, DVD, Blu-ray or LP, chances are you get it online or in a store such as Best Buy who also sells TVs, video games, home appliances and so on.

You can still sell physical records in record stores, but maybe that would have to be something more special. Like a special 7" single to help the small stores out. For example, during Record Store Day.

But then, you'll get people complaining that they can't find it because their city doesn't have an independent record store selling it....

/jarmo

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #429 on: August 21, 2012, 05:10:32 PM »

IMO this digital release is a great idea. Guns get to release Chinese the way it should have been and this type of release wouldn't be as cost intensive.

Also, if guns release the follow up at around the same time it fits in with what Axl said in 08 - ie, that he always thought of Chinese as a double.

Bring it on...is 2012 still a possibility??

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Gezzy
Headliner

Don't Damn Me

« Reply #430 on: August 21, 2012, 05:28:15 PM »

I love having something to show for my money instead of a computer file which I have to spend time backing up to various hard drives and burning to sterile blank CDs to play in the car.

To me, the artwork is almost as important as the music.

Velvet Revolver
23/01/2005
05/06/2007
Guns N' Roses
17/10/10
26/05/12
Thin Lizzy w/ Richard Fortus
02/06/11
Duff McKagan's Loaded
05/11/11
Slash
06/06/12
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #431 on: August 21, 2012, 05:50:45 PM »

A digital re-release of Chinese Democracy, just because of the artwork? Why would you pay for that on itunes for example when there's print screens readily available online already?... the thing people don't realize, is that for the bad or the good of it, people have seen the artwork already several times online, actually they even had the opportunity of reading Axl's story and whatever liner notes he wrote on Chinese Democracy... so why would you buy it? there's no interest anymore...

Unless Axl does a "motley crue move" and puts on Chinese Democracy with 1 or 2 extra "new" songs, like Motley have been doing with their greatest hits albums over the years, why would anyone buy it? It just won't sell... That album was milked to death, people are tired of it, people are tired of everything that happened and everything that surrounds that album.

People are gonna be like..."oh man.. i wish i had bought chinese democracy with that red hand or grenade cover... oh well, it's the same cd anyways... whatever...i'm not gonna buy the same cd twice"...

No more drama... get over it... release a new album!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 06:01:25 PM by Halo69 » Logged

Oh My God i cant deny this...
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #432 on: August 21, 2012, 06:38:58 PM »

I love Sebastian Bach to bits, but this is why people like him who are close to Axl and the band should watch what they say. No one can forget when he said about Axl's masterplan to make CD a trilogy and to release 3 albums, with the next 2 being in 2010 and 2012.  Undecided

In my view the wait for CD 2, has been made all the more painful for fans with comments like this coming from people like Baz. Because it makes fans thought process quickly go into a "I should of had 2 more albums by now" mode, which isn't the case.

I don't know, I don't know... Wink
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #433 on: August 21, 2012, 06:47:57 PM »

Andre, Andre... Stop thinking you are an expert of some kind.

Why would a GN'R fan buy something from GN'R? Let me guess, because he or she is a fan?

If you READ this discussion, you would notice how important having a physical product is for many fans. They're not interested in digital only releases and illegally downloaded scans unlike you.

Also, get this through your head, just because you release something DIGITALLY as well, doesn't mean you can't release a physical version of it as well!

Just because you would re-release Chinese with new artwork and possible bonus content on iTunes, doesn't mean they couldn't sell a CD, an LP, a box set, a coffee mug with a CD or a magazine with a CD.

Just because you bought Chinese and refuse to get it again doesn't mean everybody is like you (Thank God they're not). There's a lot of people who didn't get introduced to the album yet, for example.

People are tired of the album? Speak for yourself Mr Reunion 2012.

Maybe they could put it out exclusively for fan club members. Now imagine that.

You would have to join the fan club to buy it... How would that make you feel?  Tongue

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 06:57:15 PM by jarmo » Logged

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #434 on: August 21, 2012, 07:51:42 PM »

Andre, Andre... Stop thinking you are an expert of some kind.

Why would a GN'R fan buy something from GN'R? Let me guess, because he or she is a fan?

If you READ this discussion, you would notice how important having a physical product is for many fans. They're not interested in digital only releases and illegally downloaded scans unlike you.

Also, get this through your head, just because you release something DIGITALLY as well, doesn't mean you can't release a physical version of it as well!

Just because you would re-release Chinese with new artwork and possible bonus content on iTunes, doesn't mean they couldn't sell a CD, an LP, a box set, a coffee mug with a CD or a magazine with a CD.

Just because you bought Chinese and refuse to get it again doesn't mean everybody is like you (Thank God they're not). There's a lot of people who didn't get introduced to the album yet, for example.

People are tired of the album? Speak for yourself Mr Reunion 2012.

Maybe they could put it out exclusively for fan club members. Now imagine that.

You would have to join the fan club to buy it... How would that make you feel?  Tongue

/jarmo

That wouldn't make me feel special... so i would have to pay for the fan club and then pay again for the CD?  Huh

If they didn't re-release Appetite For Destruction (their best selling album) years after with the chosen cover then why would they release Chinese Democracy with the other covers?

Possible Bonus content is somewhat a mirage at this point to even consider it, don't you think?

- "Why would a GN'R fan buy something from GN'R?" - In this case the question would be: Why would a GNR Fan buy the same cd twice or even more then 2 times?

- Who said i'm interested in illegally downloaded scans? What makes you think they've been illegally downloaded/uploaded/shown?

Oh My God i cant deny this...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #435 on: August 21, 2012, 08:17:43 PM »

They re-released Appetite with a new cover. Did you forget that already?

Also, it's been released in multiple formats with multiple covers over the years. Does anybody have an issue or make a big deal out of that?

That wouldn't make me feel special... so i would have to pay for the fan club and then pay again for the CD? 

It's called a fan club exclusive.

You join the fan club to have access to exclusive things. Like merchandise.

A bunch of bands do it all the time.

Sometimes they give the music for the members for free. Other times you can buy a fan club edition of the release.

- "Why would a GN'R fan buy something from GN'R?" - In this case the question would be: Why would a GNR Fan buy the same cd twice or even more then 2 times?

Who says IT'S THE SAME cd?

I'm talking about a hypothetical re-release. I never claimed anything about any track list.

That's how ridiculous you are. You are arguing against something we know very little about.

What kind of genius are you? You're against something you don't know what it is, how much it costs, who it's aimed at, what the investment costs would be, or anything. You're just against it.

I'm sure you would've been against the ones saying the world isn't flat too.

- Who said i'm interested in illegally downloaded scans? What makes you think they've been illegally downloaded/uploaded/shown?

It's a hunch based on your history.

If the band didn't share them, then certainly they must be illegal. Don't you think?

Just because somebody buys a CD, scans the booklet, copies the songs and puts it on the Internet, doesn't mean it's legal.

One of the most amazing things about how seriously you take yourself is how you say things and try to make it to be accepted as facts.

You say people are tired of Chinese.

If you are, which wouldn't surprise me, then that's your problem.

If you're tired of an album after less than four years, how tired must you be of Appetite by now. We can only imagine. Right?

Also, since you're already tired of it, why would the band release new music only to do a favor for someone like yourself with a limited attention span? You'll be tired of the album in a few weeks anyway, complaining about something.

You're one of those people who's never happy. 

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 08:45:35 PM by jarmo » Logged

draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #436 on: August 21, 2012, 09:21:45 PM »

I somehow feel sad when I think of GN'R just releasing an album online, threw outlets such as those mentioned. Not because I wouldn't think it would be a good idea, but because I think an album from GN'R should be released the traditional way, CD and Vinyl in stores primarily, and then those other outlets like myspace, itunes etc.

I guess timed have changed and this might not be the way GN'R choose to go in the future because of non existant support from the labels and so on. I guess it just makes me abit sad thinking of a GN'R album not getting released the same way all the other albums have up to this point.

I guess if the support from the label is as bad as it was last time, Axl and GN'R might indeed choose to do what has previously been said.

That's actually the wave of the future dude. I prefer digital copies over the physical ones. My car is filled with CDs and it's a mess. When I buy a  new car, I'll be looking forward to plugging in my iPhone and listening to music through that. I won't have to worry about looking for CDs.
NickyGNR
Opening Act

« Reply #437 on: August 21, 2012, 09:28:49 PM »

GN'R are a touring act now -- like the Beach Boys.

I think one album per decade is just fine.

We love them to death here on the forums, but the majority of Guns fans are just casual fans. They want to hear the band play the songs they know from 'Greatest Hits.'

Give them 6 or 7 more years before you start clamoring for a new album.  peace
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #438 on: August 21, 2012, 09:37:01 PM »

That's actually the wave of the future dude. I prefer digital copies over the physical ones. My car is filled with CDs and it's a mess. When I buy a  new car, I'll be looking forward to plugging in my iPhone and listening to music through that. I won't have to worry about looking for CDs.

I totally get that, but for me it's the novelty of having a physical product and something to hold. And as previously mentioned the artwork is a big thing for an album, if we got to the stage where everything was digital, there really wouldn't be much need for any artwork at all, and I'd hate that personally.  Undecided
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #439 on: August 22, 2012, 02:34:11 AM »

So do we know what month there going into the studio??

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: