Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:25:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1681059 times)
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #3340 on: December 19, 2014, 02:46:42 PM »

It's DISCUSSION!!!!!!

The first part was.  And I responded to it.

The rest was just you calling me more mean names.  Which, would be swell...if we were 8.  But we're not.  Zero interest.

But were you 8 in 1991?
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #3341 on: December 19, 2014, 02:47:39 PM »

It's DISCUSSION!!!!!!

The rest was just you calling me more mean names.  Which, would be swell...if we were 8.  But we're not.  Zero interest.

But were you 8 in 1991?

Hahahaha

Where's she been, anyway?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3342 on: December 19, 2014, 06:00:36 PM »

It's DISCUSSION!!!!!!

For a guy who makes jokes, you don't like when the jokes are about you.

Ironic.

You asked what the "endgame" is. I just told you, it's discussion.
You want me to skip your posts. It's not gonna happen as long as you keep acting the way you have so far.

If you want to express your opinion, be prepared that somebody, even me, might do the same.
I can only play the cards I am dealt.  If you don't like my reaction...then deal me some new god damn cards.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #3343 on: December 19, 2014, 09:51:05 PM »

Whats all the hate for the Vegas shows?  I like them actually, for what they are.  I have made many trips from Canada down to see them there, makes for a great time.  I would like them to switch up the venue though if they do it again...

For me it signifies that a band is washed up. I know I am in the minority here and respect that. For me it is a sort of signifier, of what is wrong with the band. Would the Axl of 2001 have played a Vegas residency? I tend to think, not. There is a connotation there. I am never going to enjoy flying pianos and Ashba - sorry.

Cause I'm a fan that goes to shows hangs out with other fans, and hangs out with the band , end enjoys every minute of it. Frank is playing here in NY every Tues night in Brooklyn, real easy for me to ask questions , but I have no intentions of spreading anything .. because it simply doesn't matter. Perhaps you should have forged those friendships with fans many more yrs ago instead of airing your dislikes today. Hang ups about the past , there are plenty of other forums to talk about them in, and dead horse. And D-X, you totally go after jarmo. And Consistently he tells you its not about you!. Yet you make it about you. I think deep down you really want him to ban you, you go out of your way I think and he's not biting.lol Get over yourself.

Good for you.

I have seen New Guns many times. Complete strawman therefore. I saw them on the last European tour (2012?). Good show.

I have personally never had the urge to meet the musicians I see live but good luck to those who do. I understand many people like to do this.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3344 on: December 19, 2014, 10:24:26 PM »

If you want to express your opinion, be prepared that somebody, even me, might do the same.
I can only play the cards I am dealt.  If you don't like my reaction...then deal me some new god damn cards.  ok

Hahahaha

Well played, sir.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3345 on: December 19, 2014, 10:30:20 PM »

For me it signifies that a band is washed up. I know I am in the minority here and respect that. For me it is a sort of signifier, of what is wrong with the band. Would the Axl of 2001 have played a Vegas residency? I tend to think, not. There is a connotation there.

It's not a great sign the band is moving forward.  I agree on that point.

But, so long as another album comes out followed by more touring with (god willing) a different setlist and stage show, then I think its all good in the hood.

A third residency of basically the same show with nothing new in the interim, well, that's not good.

mortismurphy
« Reply #3346 on: December 19, 2014, 10:58:28 PM »

Like somebody who doesn't wake up every morning with a chip on their shoulder?  Wink

You don't like the Las Vegas shows. Fine. Why keep going on and on about it? For a guy who posts about how it's not serious, it sure seems serious to you...
If I don't like something, I go "Meh, I don't like it". And move on to something I like.

If I don't like a song on an album by let's say Pearl Jam, I don't focus on that, I focus on the ones I like!

You don't get why the band doesn't release albums? Maybe you don't want to get it. It just seems like you're not interested in a discussion. You just wanna go on and on about the same things over and over again. Things you don't like. I don't find that constructive at all.

Sometimes people wish to discuss somethings which are not, in a pragmatic sense, constructive. We, as humans, like to idle away the time on various hobbies and pastimes, none of which we can alter the course or outcome. Some of us take it one stage further and begin to have a vested interest in the past time. We would call that, a hobby, a pastime, fandom. Fans of a football team like to discuss how their latest manager 'does not know what he is doing'. Sometimes they do this on the actual football terraces, as chants. 'Constructive'? 'Positive, Jarmo?'

When a film reviewer says a particular film is ''garbage'', is he being 'constructive' and 'positive' in your eyes (to the particular work in hand)? Criticism, with no impact on the outcome of the work, is a feature of our daily lives. We see it when we read the paper, we see it when we discuss things in the pub with our friends, we see it when we watch a comedian. It is a feature of modern day democratic societies.

We, (most), humans, have an inherent need to discuss things for some reason, positive or negative. Things which we cannot change, or have not significant impact on our own lives (beyond, rock bands we like, football teams we support). It is the reason newspapers exist (to rile the government). It is the reason rock journalism was created. It is the reason fanzines were created. And, I believe, it is the reason fan forums exist.

Most of the things listed are things you do not like. Doesn't it give the impression that maybe GN'R isn't the band you liked in the past anymore?
This is essentially what I was trying to get to. Regarding the pointless whining (in my opinion). If things are so horrible, maybe you need to look at yourself and think. Because to me, it seems like some are not happy about the band at all. They don't like the band member(s), the music, the shows. So basically nothing the band has done since 2008. And they're still going on and on about it.

Most people do not operate like that.

- I loved Guns, 1985-1993.

- I supported Axl's vision, 1999-2001. I also liked what I heard from the leaks.

- I also liked the shows in 2006.

Then suddenly, I do not like the majority of the things since 2008 and I swiftly shut up shop and resign Guns to the waste paper basket?

It does not operate like that, Jarmo. You are still always going to have an interest in proceedings, with a hope that things will improve.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 11:06:07 PM by mortismurphy » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3347 on: December 20, 2014, 08:15:44 AM »

For me it signifies that a band is washed up. I know I am in the minority here and respect that. For me it is a sort of signifier, of what is wrong with the band. Would the Axl of 2001 have played a Vegas residency? I tend to think, not. There is a connotation there. I am never going to enjoy flying pianos and Ashba - sorry.

A residency? Or Las Vegas itself?

Sometimes people wish to discuss somethings which are not, in a pragmatic sense, constructive. We, as humans, like to idle away the time on various hobbies and pastimes, none of which we can alter the course or outcome. Some of us take it one stage further and begin to have a vested interest in the past time. We would call that, a hobby, a pastime, fandom. Fans of a football team like to discuss how their latest manager 'does not know what he is doing'. Sometimes they do this on the actual football terraces, as chants. 'Constructive'? 'Positive, Jarmo?'

So in other words, a proper discussion isn't the main goal. It's just to pass time while bullshitting. In this case about GN'R.
So there's no point to it? Other than pass time I mean. Maybe you need another hobby? Wink

When a film reviewer says a particular film is ''garbage'', is he being 'constructive' and 'positive' in your eyes (to the particular work in hand)? Criticism, with no impact on the outcome of the work, is a feature of our daily lives. We see it when we read the paper, we see it when we discuss things in the pub with our friends, we see it when we watch a comedian. It is a feature of modern day democratic societies.

It's his/her job to review films.
With fans, you'd think there's some kind of interest in some interesting and constructive discussions instead of the usual tired expressions of opinions that you get from the general public.

Why do some fans feel the need to try to act like an objective reviewer anyway? They're fans! Nobody expects them to be objective. The reviewers who get paid aren't even objective. Everybody goes into the sitution with a background that then affect how they see the situation. Doesn't matter if it's rock concert or a restaurant meal.

We, (most), humans, have an inherent need to discuss things for some reason, positive or negative. Things which we cannot change, or have not significant impact on our own lives (beyond, rock bands we like, football teams we support). It is the reason newspapers exist (to rile the government). It is the reason rock journalism was created. It is the reason fanzines were created. And, I believe, it is the reason fan forums exist.

Those things you listed aren't about discussion, directly. They are more about telling you something from somebody's point of view and that can create discussion. Unless it's a newspaper/magazine where you are actually taking part by sending in letters that they publish.

Most people do not operate like that.

- I loved Guns, 1985-1993.

- I supported Axl's vision, 1999-2001. I also liked what I heard from the leaks.

- I also liked the shows in 2006.

Then suddenly, I do not like the majority of the things since 2008 and I swiftly shut up shop and resign Guns to the waste paper basket?

It does not operate like that, Jarmo. You are still always going to have an interest in proceedings, with a hope that things will improve.

Yeah, how long does it take for you to stop and go "Hey, this band isn't the band I liked" and move on?

There's no shame in that. Most of us have done similar things. For example, I bet you had toys you loved as a kid, but then at some point they're not so much fun anymore and you move on.... You find something else you like better than Lego.

All I see are a group of old band fans clinging onto the notion that maybe they'll like something in the future and actively telling everybody else how bad things are now while they await that possible future. Maybe you'd feel better about the band if you didn't take it so seriously that you have to think about what you don't like, and focus on what you like, until they do something that you like again?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 08:17:56 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #3348 on: December 20, 2014, 01:23:17 PM »

A residency? Or Las Vegas itself?

A Vegas residency.

So in other words, a proper discussion isn't the main goal. It's just to pass time while bullshitting. In this case about GN'R.
So there's no point to it? Other than pass time I mean. Maybe you need another hobby? Wink

What I mean is, going on a forum (with the greatest respect) is never going to be as serious a business as going to work, school, passing an exam - or even hanging out with friends and families. If I have to do, or desire to do, any of those aforementioned tasks, then going on a forum has to take a back seat.

It's his/her job to review films.
With fans, you'd think there's some kind of interest in some interesting and constructive discussions instead of the usual tired expressions of opinions that you get from the general public.

Why do some fans feel the need to try to act like an objective reviewer anyway? They're fans! Nobody expects them to be objective. The reviewers who get paid aren't even objective. Everybody goes into the sitution with a background that then affect how they see the situation. Doesn't matter if it's rock concert or a restaurant meal.

Totally disagree. Obviously a degree of subjectivity is always going to exist in a 'fan' but this does not mean we should completely abandon our integrity and blindly except and praise everything the band puts out. After all, every band with an extensive enough back catalogue has put out terrible albums. Every artist has made questionable decisions. Some artists have adopted political stances. Some artists have questionable personal morality. 

Should we all blindly except all of this (or ignore it)?

Those things you listed aren't about discussion, directly. They are more about telling you something from somebody's point of view and that can create discussion. Unless it's a newspaper/magazine where you are actually taking part by sending in letters that they publish.

I disagree. The football analogy for instance manifests itself on sport radio. There is a 24 hour radio station here called Talk Sport. All sorts of fans phone it to air grievances.

Yeah, how long does it take for you to stop and go "Hey, this band isn't the band I liked" and move on?

There's no shame in that. Most of us have done similar things. For example, I bet you had toys you loved as a kid, but then at some point they're not so much fun anymore and you move on.... You find something else you like better than Lego.

It does not work like that. You move on from those toys because your age and educational capacities have outstripped them and latched onto something else. If you have loved Appetite enough to attend a fan forum because of it, there is a good chance you will still play the record occasionally, even when you are seventy years old.

Also, you either are, or are not, interested. It is an inherent thing. I cannot teach myself to be, not interested in Guns N' Roses/Axl Rose. The actual physical act of clicking on a fan forum is, because I am interested.

All I see are a group of old band fans clinging onto the notion that maybe they'll like something in the future and actively telling everybody else how bad things are now while they await that possible future. Maybe you'd feel better about the band if you didn't take it so seriously that you have to think about what you don't like, and focus on what you like, until they do something that you like again?

The scenario you ask of me is what I employ for bands I am casual about. A band I am casual on, I usually just get interested in them when they are gearing up for a new release, or if their show is played near me. The bits in between, the boring bits, are when I dip out.

In fairness, a absence of band activity means the conversations are going to be about old topics here. An album out and it changes everything.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #3349 on: December 20, 2014, 04:42:59 PM »

Are you seriously talking about how much of a fan you used to be and how much you don't like that way things are now?

Are we seriously talking about posters, that feel they have some entitlement to post messages in a private band message board?  The message board that makes it very clear that it clearly supports the band present and future...  You want to talk about how you loved the past,  hate the present and have your doubts on the future?

What a joke.

Its like going to one restaurant in a city full of different options.  you go to this restaurant  and constantly complain about the food and the service.   Yet you keep coming back to this restaurant and ordering the same thing, from the same people, over and over again.   Most normal people would try a different restaurant , instead of trying to change the restaurant  they have no control over and obviously don't like.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #3350 on: December 20, 2014, 04:52:12 PM »

This conversation is in dire need of RedneckRudy chiming in and telling us we all need to turn on Scraped and smoke a doobie because its the greatest rocker song of all time

LOL

Home for a month on Christmas vacation, unfortunately.

Says he has no internet access either.  For a month.  I'd pretty much kill myself.

Is such a thing even possible in the usa?  I guess it is..  Here in Canada, we complain about our lack of national internet coverage and very expensive data on cell phones.  I have a 6gb data plan on my cell phone, with other features, costs me around 100 a month.  Heard this is much cheaper in the usa...  If so, I cant believe anyone would ever go without internent
mortismurphy
« Reply #3351 on: December 20, 2014, 05:11:11 PM »

Are you seriously talking about how much of a fan you used to be and how much you don't like that way things are now?

Are we seriously talking about posters, that feel they have some entitlement to post messages in a private band message board?  The message board that makes it very clear that it clearly supports the band present and future...  You want to talk about how you loved the past,  hate the present and have your doubts on the future?

What a joke.

Its like going to one restaurant in a city full of different options.  you go to this restaurant  and constantly complain about the food and the service.   Yet you keep coming back to this restaurant and ordering the same thing, from the same people, over and over again.   Most normal people would try a different restaurant , instead of trying to change the restaurant  they have no control over and obviously don't like.

This, does not deserve a reply.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3352 on: December 20, 2014, 06:07:24 PM »

A Vegas residency.

I don't get the hostility, but whatever.

What I mean is, going on a forum (with the greatest respect) is never going to be as serious a business as going to work, school, passing an exam - or even hanging out with friends and families. If I have to do, or desire to do, any of those aforementioned tasks, then going on a forum has to take a back seat.

I get that.
But for there's actually others on the forums who aren't there for just joking around. They might have an interest in actual discussions.

Totally disagree. Obviously a degree of subjectivity is always going to exist in a 'fan' but this does not mean we should completely abandon our integrity and blindly except and praise everything the band puts out. After all, every band with an extensive enough back catalogue has put out terrible albums. Every artist has made questionable decisions. Some artists have adopted political stances. Some artists have questionable personal morality. 

You point uses extremes. Either you're objective or blind. That's not how business works is it?
It's like fans are afraid of being fans. Being too happy, too excited or too supportive is wrong? No, it's not. People being obsessed with objectivity, now that's amusing. There's nothing objective about a person who hasn't liked anything the band has done in a decade or so. That person has that starting point.

Imagine tasting a new food you never taste before in your life. And when you taste it, you have no idea what you're tasting. Nobody tells you "it tastes like chicken" or anything. The canvas is empty.
Now imagine if you're tasting a hamburger. You have your idea of what a good hamburger should be like. So you taste one and go "I don't like it". Because that burger is not what you expected.

Same thing with music.

GN'R to you and all other fans here is something. You can't claim to be objective. You want to act objective, which is why you need to find faults. As far as I know, finding and listing faults in something does not make your opinion objective.

I disagree. The football analogy for instance manifests itself on sport radio. There is a 24 hour radio station here called Talk Sport. All sorts of fans phone it to air grievances.

That's a talk radio thing. It's interactive. Different than your original point where you mentioned newspapers being there for discussion.

It does not work like that. You move on from those toys because your age and educational capacities have outstripped them and latched onto something else. If you have loved Appetite enough to attend a fan forum because of it, there is a good chance you will still play the record occasionally, even when you are seventy years old.

I don't know. Some adults apparently play with model trains.  Wink

Also, you either are, or are not, interested. It is an inherent thing. I cannot teach myself to be, not interested in Guns N' Roses/Axl Rose. The actual physical act of clicking on a fan forum is, because I am interested.

So you're saying you're still interested in something you don't like that much.

The scenario you ask of me is what I employ for bands I am casual about. A band I am casual on, I usually just get interested in them when they are gearing up for a new release, or if their show is played near me. The bits in between, the boring bits, are when I dip out.

But you like those bands. Or are those bands you liked 20 years ago? Like GN'R.

In fairness, a absence of band activity means the conversations are going to be about old topics here. An album out and it changes everything.

I have my doubts about that. Considering you haven't liked a whole lot in the last decade.... But here's to optimism!

Somebody's trying to have a discussion about your logic.

/jarmo

mortismurphy
« Reply #3353 on: December 20, 2014, 08:50:04 PM »

I get that.
But for there's actually others on the forums who aren't there for just joking around. They might have an interest in actual discussions.

Ironically, this, is basically the only discussion right now.

I never said that I am here for joking around. I said, a forum is a diversion for that thing called, life. If, HTGTH comes first in your life before family, career, education, then you have problems my friend.

That's a talk radio thing. It's interactive. Different than your original point where you mentioned newspapers being there for discussion.

Not sure I follow your train of thought here. Newspapers are interactive as are, online fora.

See, you are putting words into my mouth. It would be more apt to say, ''I am still interested in something that I like, but that has gone a bit, pear shaped recently''. If you were a Dylan fan in 1991, the future looked bleak on the album front. Fast forward seven years and Bob released a masterpiece!

Star Wars fans looked, roughed up a bit (to put it mildly), after the prequels, yet many are putting their faith in the upcoming sequels.

Casual acts that I would never elevate to Guns (for me). I see some of them live. I saw Maiden live and it was a good show yet I will never be anything but a casual Maiden fan. That is permitted, isn't it?

I have my doubts about that. Considering you haven't liked a whole lot in the last decade.... But here's to optimism!

Well those are your doubts but I will give any new release a honest appraisal. In the clique ridden politics here, nobody has actually ascertained my opinion on Chinese Democracy.

It is rather hard to reply to straw men arguments. If Bacon wants to converse with me, at least reply to actual things I have stated.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #3354 on: December 20, 2014, 10:47:18 PM »

I get that.

Ironically, this, is basically the only discussion right now.

I never said that I am here for joking around. I said, a forum is a diversion for that thing called, life. If, HTGTH comes first in your life before family, career, education, then you have problems my friend.

Not sure I follow your train of thought here. Newspapers are interactive as are, online fora.

See, you are putting words into my mouth. It would be more apt to say, ''I am still interested in something that I like, but that has gone a bit, pear shaped recently''. If you were a Dylan fan in 1991, the future looked bleak on the album front. Fast forward seven years and Bob released a masterpiece!

Star Wars fans looked, roughed up a bit (to put it mildly), after the prequels, yet many are putting their faith in the upcoming sequels.

Casual acts that I would never elevate to Guns (for me). I see some of them live. I saw Maiden live and it was a good show yet I will never be anything but a casual Maiden fan. That is permitted, isn't it?

Well those are your doubts but I will give any new release a honest appraisal. In the clique ridden politics here, nobody has actually ascertained my opinion on Chinese Democracy.

It is rather hard to reply to straw men arguments. If Bacon wants to converse with me, at least reply to actual things I have stated.

I would prefer to talk about the band now, past and future..  Not your feelings..

I must say I do prefer your posts from 2005-2013, .  It was some of your finer work
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #3355 on: December 21, 2014, 12:11:44 AM »

I would prefer to talk about the band now, past and future..  Not your feelings..

I must say I do prefer your posts from 2005-2013, .  It was some of your finer work
Now that was pretty funny.  rofl

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
mortismurphy
« Reply #3356 on: December 21, 2014, 03:57:20 AM »

But you replied to me!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3357 on: December 21, 2014, 08:00:04 AM »

You get the idea. For some it's a lighthearted way to have fun, to others they might actually be interested in discussions, without the constant need to defend why they are excited/happy about something the band did. It's a fan forum.

Your original post mentioned newspapers, I believe. They are not interactive. Then you brought up talk radio and the Internet. The latter ones are interactive.

And how long are you gonna wait? Do you see why your act might be somewhat of an issue to other fans? The negativity because you haven't liked most of the band's output in over a decade.

Maybe instead of focusing on all things you don't like, you should take a more casual attitude towards GN'R.... It might help you. Wink

Straw man, the universal reply to something you don't wanna discuss.

I guess you agreed that you can't be subjective about a band you have some kind of feelings for since you skipped that part. Glad we agreed on that.  ok

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3358 on: December 21, 2014, 08:45:28 AM »

We all would.

Its the critiques of how that's done that slow everything down.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #3359 on: December 21, 2014, 08:54:30 AM »

But you replied to me!!

Thanks for feeling that my post a few back was solely for you, but it wasn't. (Even though you replied to it, saying it wasn't even worth replying too)

The post quoted here was 100% for you and really didn't need a reply, as I was just responding to another quote you made, about strawman comments and if I wanted to talk to you, talk about what you have said...

The thing is I don't..   I don't know how the others here have the energy or time to keep going around in circles with some of the posters on here.  I have read a lot of your posts dating back to 2004.  It seems you have never really had anything positive to say about this band.   You seem to enjoy going around in circles, like a dog chasing its tail.

I had this real hot blonde girl friend once when I was 16.  Damn she was hot....  Sure glad I didn't spend the last 20 years talking about how good she was though, or I
might of missed out on all the other blondes, brunettes, Chinese girls I have had over the years...

Again the reason my post a couple back, was just out of frustration..  Not to the band, but some of the posters on here..

Some others seem to have the energy to watch you go around in circles.  I don't know why all these pages of personal feelings and debating how good of a fan you are, are part of a album speculation thread.
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: