Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:49:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1679741 times)
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #3140 on: December 16, 2014, 10:30:47 AM »

If theres a new album in the works now, i think it wont come out sooner than fall 15.

My guess is, if they are working on a new album as a no1 priority it will come out between late 15 and late 16

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #3141 on: December 16, 2014, 10:33:37 AM »

But how does that translate to a 2015 release? In real world.. yeah it seems reasonable...but we all know Axl works at his own speed and has many different obstacles to overcome to release a record....

I hope it does happen...but I don't necessarily expect it to.. and I think the idea of happening this coming year has taken on its own personality on the boards.

Eh, I'm kind of tired of that whole routine, to be honest.  I feel there reaches a point where you just get on with it already, if you are serious.

And those last 4 words are what this all comes down to : if you are serious.

Ultimately, yes, you are right.  About Axl's pace, the evil record company, etc.  But I think those are crutches easier to fall back on if you are not serious.  If he is not serious about getting something out, those will likely be the reasons we get.

I see no conceivable scenario in a rational world that if you tell us in Spring 2014 you are "going to take a look at things in that regard", that you could make it all the way to 2016 with no progress.  I would find hard to believe you couldn't write, record, and release something in that time, if you are serious.  Its strains credulity to the absolute breaking point when you consider its already written and recorded.  The hardest parts are over and done with, and have been.    

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3142 on: December 16, 2014, 10:34:54 AM »

If theres a new album in the works now, i think it wont come out sooner than fall 15.

My guess is, if they are working on a new album as a no1 priority it will come out between late 15 and late 16

I would say by late next year is reasonable.  But, as others have said, with word already in the pipeline that things are moving along my mid-year.

In other words, I hope this time next year we are not "still looking at things in that regard".

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3143 on: December 16, 2014, 11:00:33 AM »

The hardest parts are over and done with, and have been.    

And you know this because?

You make statements that are not based on anything other than your opinion and you present them as facts.
Unless you know something we don't, please refrain from making statements like that.

You, or I, don't know which step of the ladder is the hardest one to climb or whether it's behind or ahead.
Assumptions...

I'm fully aware of all the others bands who release albums, no need to go there. Smiley

I don't see what is gained by keeping all the plans a secret. 

Could be many reasons. Less you say, less people "wait". Maybe you don't want the waiting game to start until you have something concrete, like a release date.
Also, the less people know, the bigger the impact when you break the news. Album title, song titles and so on.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 11:14:57 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #3144 on: December 16, 2014, 12:10:28 PM »

You make statements that are not based on anything other than your opinion and you present them as facts.
Unless you know something we don't, please refrain from making statements like that.

You, or I, don't know which step of the ladder is the hardest one to climb or whether it's behind or ahead.
Assumptions...

I'm fully aware of all the others bands who release albums, no need to go there. Smiley

I don't see what is gained by keeping all the plans a secret. 

Could be many reasons. Less you say, less people "wait". Maybe you don't want the waiting game to start until you have something concrete, like a release date.
Also, the less people know, the bigger the impact when you break the news. Album title, song titles and so on.

/jarmo

I do wonder if the whole "every thing is secrect", is more ta main stream people, dont care any more.  When was the last time a major news reporte asked Axl these questions, or managment.   I personally have no ones number to call.  But has anyone just called Axl and asked, dude whens the album coming out..   Who knows he might have a date and just nobody has asked.  Its easy to keep a secret that no one cares about...

I think the band has lost a lot of the mainstream luster it had before the release of CD.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3145 on: December 16, 2014, 12:45:57 PM »

I do wonder if the whole "every thing is secrect", is more ta main stream people, dont care any more.  When was the last time a major news reporte asked Axl these questions, or managment.   I personally have no ones number to call.  But has anyone just called Axl and asked, dude whens the album coming out..   Who knows he might have a date and just nobody has asked.  Its easy to keep a secret that no one cares about...

I think the band has lost a lot of the mainstream luster it had before the release of CD.

Some truth to that, I think.  I don't think the world is exactly waiting with bated breath for a new Guns N' Roses album these days.

But, contrast that with the fact that Axl's comments were picked up by a number of outlets.  True, they mostly had a "believe it when we see it" vibe.  But who's fault is that?  That's on Axl.  His complete lack of banked goodwill or any sort of benefit of the doubt is all on him.

I still think its positive so many different outlets still picked up the story.  While I doubt anyone is holding their breath, I do think there would be some interest if it acatually happened, due to both the band name and the man himself still having some cache.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3146 on: December 16, 2014, 12:50:42 PM »

Assumptions...

My posts are my personal opinion.

I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so.

If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #3147 on: December 16, 2014, 01:08:25 PM »

Oh I agree there would be some interest, but not near the amount there was prior to the release of CD

Are reporters camped outside Axls Malibu mansion, in hopes of a comment...    Where is TMZ?  Cant they ask him, dude where the new material...

I would hound him every day, if I new his number....  hahaha, good thing I dont

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3148 on: December 16, 2014, 01:12:27 PM »

Oh I agree there would be some interest, but not near the amount there was prior to the release of CD

Oh sure, he'll never get that back.  That whole unknown, I wonder what he's been working on bit.

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #3149 on: December 16, 2014, 01:23:38 PM »

^^I getcha, but conversely the next album could potentially out perform CD simply because it won't have the gargantuan expectations embedded in the release that Chinese had.

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3150 on: December 16, 2014, 01:24:09 PM »

When was the last time a major news reporte asked Axl these questions, or managment. 

He hasn't given a lot of interviews, but just take a look at what the other guys gets asked in almost every interview they do.

Yes yes, we know you're a smart ass. That doesn't make your assumptions smart.
Once again, no answer to the question.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3151 on: December 16, 2014, 01:37:50 PM »

^^I getcha, but conversely the next album could potentially out perform CD simply because it won't have the gargantuan expectations embedded in the release that Chinese had.

I actually think it hurts, to be honest.

With CD, you have the great unknown.  What would it sound like.  Well...now people know.  And not a lot dug it.  They are going to lose a decent chunk of that audience that was willing to give a shot, but won't be back for seconds.  I don't have a number to put on it, but there is a thread at MYGNR today that says CD sold around 660,000 units.  I am saying this will not match that, let alone exceed it.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3152 on: December 16, 2014, 01:42:07 PM »

Dude, we've been over this ad nauseam. 

We've been told time and again that this material is done.  Most of us roll with that.  Some that feel the need to carry water parse the semantics to give him an out.

If that's your deal, good for you.  But that conversation has been done to death and I'm completely uninterested in an umpteenth go round.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #3153 on: December 16, 2014, 01:53:26 PM »

When was the last time a major news reporte asked Axl these questions, or managment. 

He hasn't given a lot of interviews, but just take a look at what the other guys gets asked in almost every interview they do.

Yes yes, we know you're a smart ass. That doesn't make your assumptions smart.

/jarmo

If you mean the other guys, in the band....   It seems they are only interviewd about there side projects and any GNR questions are a side though/question..  I think these other guys personal managers/agents are the one getting these interviews.

I have also heard that when there is a Axl interview, there are strick rules on what can be asked.  This is just something I have heard and I am not not saying its bad, as I am sure lots of artists have the same restrictions.  Especially with some of the stupid questions I have seen asked

I just dont know why in this day in age, somone doest just Ask him when the Album is coming out.   I no comment, would be better than the secret society
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #3154 on: December 16, 2014, 01:57:10 PM »

I actually think it hurts, to be honest.

With CD, you have the great unknown.  What would it sound like.  Well...now people know.  And not a lot dug it.  They are going to lose a decent chunk of that audience that was willing to give a shot, but won't be back for seconds.  I don't have a number to put on it, but there is a thread at MYGNR today that says CD sold around 660,000 units.  I am saying this will not match that, let alone exceed it.
Well again that 600 thousand number is just from the states...   So dont forget the best buy deal, that was for 1.5 million.   They might still have 800thousand copies of the record in a warehouse some place, butthey still sold 1.5 million in the USA..

I would say that 600thousand number is a good mixture of die hard fans and a few mainstream people that got caught up in the CD hopela.  With a better marketing stratagey, the next album will sell around the same.  Give or take
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3155 on: December 16, 2014, 01:58:00 PM »

I have also heard that when there is a Axl interview, there are strick rules on what can be asked.  This is just something I have heard and I am not not saying its bad, as I am sure lots of artists have the same restrictions.  Especially with some of the stupid questions I have seen asked

I just dont know why in this day in age, somone doest just Ask him when the Album is coming out.   I no comment, would be better than the secret society

This presumes he'd even give you a straight answer.

In Axlspeak "we're starting to take a look at things in that regard" IS him being direct.  He's never going to feel he owes you a definite answer no matter now much you kiss his ass and butter him up ahead of time.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #3156 on: December 16, 2014, 02:07:19 PM »

This presumes he'd even give you a straight answer.

In Axlspeak "we're starting to take a look at things in that regard" IS him being direct.  He's never going to feel he owes you a definite answer no matter now much you kiss his ass and butter him up ahead of time.

I would like those answers to questions followed up with follow up questions.   If Axl was to give that answer, then the reporter should ask, Whats that acuatually mean?  What are you saying??  becuase most of what I hear are just words, for the sake of using words..  They dont actually mean anything.

Some kind of sit down live interview with a major interviewer would be great.  With honest questions
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3157 on: December 16, 2014, 02:13:55 PM »

I would like those answers to questions followed up with follow up questions.   If Axl was to give that answer, then the reporter should ask, Whats that acuatually mean?  What are you saying??  becuase most of what I hear are just words, for the sake of using words..  They dont actually mean anything.

Some kind of sit down live interview with a major interviewer would be great.  With honest questions

Yeah, that's going to get far.  Come on now.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #3158 on: December 16, 2014, 02:18:53 PM »

Yeah, that's going to get far.  Come on now.

Wishful thinking I guess

I rember a Opera special with micheal jackson years ago, it was a very good live interview.   I would like to see something like that.  I am sure Opera Is a huge fan
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #3159 on: December 16, 2014, 02:28:13 PM »

I wonder if there will be any guest musicians on any of the new songs on the next album.

I would say there is a good chance of this being true, just due to the track record of some of Axls songs.

The UYI albums, Alice cooper, shannan hoon, etc..  CD album, Sebastian Bach...

I dont know who it would be this time, but I bet there will be someone
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: