Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 09:18:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 493 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1607162 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #3080 on: December 10, 2014, 09:46:02 PM »

I tied to go back and read all the posts, but my eyes got tired.

From what I gathered though

We all agreed that the united states is not the strongest market for gnr and that we would all like to hear the remix album
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #3081 on: December 10, 2014, 10:01:02 PM »

Speaking of the remix and speculation over the next album..

I would love the remix to sorta be a mash-up type spng.  Similar to what lincon park did with Jay-Z 

Doesn't have to be every song, but one mash-up with a famos rapper would be so cool and mb bring in more attention from the casual fans, if not the rappers fan base as we;;

Doubt this will happen as the record is said to be done alredy.  But if I was in xharge, that's what I do..  Shot I listen to that Park/jay-z album tons still.  Its great

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #3082 on: December 10, 2014, 10:19:28 PM »

I would love the remix to sorta be a mash-up type spng.  Similar to what lincon park did with Jay-Z 

Doesn't have to be every song, but one mash-up with a famos rapper would be so cool and mb bring in more attention from the casual fans, if not the rappers fan base as we;;

Doubt this will happen as the record is said to be done alredy.  But if I was in xharge, that's what I do..  Shot I listen to that Park/jay-z album tons still.  Its great

Here is a list of the top selling artists/musicians of 2014.   If I was Axl, I would due a mash-up with one of these guys...  They all have a strong fan base and it would be nice to poach from

1. Dr. Dre ($620 million)
 2. Beyonc? ($115 million)
 3. The Eagles ($100 million)
 4. Bon Jovi ($82 million)
 5. Bruce Springsteen ($81 million)
 6. Justin Bieber ($80 million)
 7. One Direction ($75 million)
 8. Paul McCartney ($71 million)
 9. Calvin Harris ($66 million)
 10. Toby Keith ($65 million)
 11. Taylor Swift ($64 million)
 12. Jay Z ($60 million)(tie)
 12. Diddy ($60 million)(tie)
 12. Bruno Mars ($60 million)(tie)
 15. Justin Timberlake ($57 million)
 16. Pink ($52 million)
 17. Michael Bubl? ($51 million)
 18. Rihanna ($48 million)
 19. Rolling Stones ($47 million)
 20. Roger Waters ($46 million)
 21. Elton John ($45 million)
 22. Kenny Chesney ($44 million)
 23. Katy Perry ($40 million)
 24. Jason Aldean ($37 million)(tie)
 24. Jennifer Lopez ($37 million)(tie)
 26. Miley Cyrus ($36 million)(tie)
 26. Celine Dion ($36 million)(tie)
 28. Muse ($34 million)(tie)
 28. Luke Bryan ($34 million)(tie)
 30. Lady Gaga ($33 million)(tie)
 30. Drake ($33 million)(tie)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #3083 on: December 10, 2014, 10:24:55 PM »

Here is a list of the top selling artists/musicians of 2014.   If I was Axl, I would due a mash-up with one of these guys...  They all have a strong fan base and it would be nice to poach from

16. Pink ($52 million)

lol, one last thing.

It seemed also to work great for kid rock and Sheryl Crow.  With the picture song.   That may be one of kid rocks best songs.   Why was that?  It got great air play, S crows fan base and it was a nice song to listen too..  All the casual fans bought it
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #3084 on: December 10, 2014, 10:35:08 PM »

Obviously heavily influenced by the sale of the Beats line to Apple...but god damn.

Been an insane, diehard fan of this guy for 22 years.  Awesome to see him so far on top.

Kind of wish he had one more run in him, but looks like not.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #3085 on: December 10, 2014, 10:37:06 PM »

Obviously heavily influenced by the sale of the Beats line to Apple...but god damn.

Been an insane, diehard fan of this guy for 22 years.  Awesome to see him so far on top.

Kind of wish he had one more run in him, but looks like not.

Sold those head phones for 3 billion..  That's crazy
http://411mania.com/music/dr-dre-tops-forbes-highest-paid-musicians-of-2014-list/
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3086 on: December 10, 2014, 10:49:56 PM »

Oh, its nuts.

And most audiophiles swear they aren't that good anyway.  Too bass heavy.

But he's my man.  I am a far, far bigger rock fan then I am a rap fan.  My iPod split is probably 97% to 3%.  But of that 3%, 2/3 of that figure are songs he either did or produced.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #3087 on: December 10, 2014, 11:53:08 PM »

16. Pink ($52 million)
Wow

I know about half of these names,
who the hell is dr dre and michael buble?

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #3088 on: December 11, 2014, 07:01:52 AM »

Yeah, wasn't necessarily aimed at you. Just certain fans.

I have no sympathy for the record companies. I've seen what they've done to artists. I wish it was more about the art than the dollar. At some point that's gotta be the case, you can't keep selling less and less each year and not go "what needs to change?" at some point...

/jarmo

I'm going to go kinda far afield and off topic with this rant...and for that I apologize, in advance.

The labels are bloated dinosaurs of a bygone era who are holding on with both hands, as tight as they can, and in doing so, squeezing every last penny out that they can.

I truly wish we would return to the age of patronage (the renaissance definition), where artists were largely supported by the purveyors, consumers, and appreciators of their art, directly.

There are issues and hurdles to get around (start up artists getting necessary exposure to get some of that funding so they can get their art out to the masses, for one example), for sure.  And you see inroads and examples for that type of stuff in, of all places, video gaming (twitch donations, patreon, kickstarter, etc)  and, a little less, in other media types with crowd funding.  It's not THERE yet..but I can see it coming (as long as the labels don't use their RIAA connection to torpedo it...which I fully expect them to do).

I, too, prefer my art to be a little more "real" and a little less pre-packaged by an industry behemoth who wants to TELL ME what I want to listen to, and who uses computer algorithms to generate scientifically pleasing "hooks" as basis for their creations songs. So much of music today just feels phony.....and I place the blame for that squarely at the feet of the labels.

And I won't even get into how badly they treat the artists, how little regard they have for them other than as cash cows, and how contracts are contracts UNLESS/UNTIL the labels decide they don't want to honor them (but woe to the artist who decides the same!).

It's...uhhhh....I sound so cynical and jaded...but honestly, I hate what the label system has become with the heat of a thousand fiery suns.  When I say they are evil incarnate, that's only slight hyperbole.  The stories I've heard first and second hand, and the things I've seen even 20-ish years ago.....they would make your skin crawl.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3089 on: December 11, 2014, 08:38:22 AM »

When they sold that 1.5mil they had a nice hit single on the radio.  They had a great promotional campaign with Walmart.  Toured like mother fuckers and hadn't had a album out in years.....

When they didn't do all of the above the album only sells to hardcore fans, not casual.

I think the Walmart deal helped a lot more than people imagine. Imagine going to buy something like groceries and you're reminded of AC/DC. So you pick up a cd as well.
But touring alone is not a guarantee of album sales. U2, they had the biggest tour ever and yet their album sold way less than the previous one.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #3090 on: December 11, 2014, 08:56:05 AM »

So what could be the secret ingredient to practically ensure sales?

Million dollar question.

And could axl and the label agree to whatever that may be?

It sucks that getting music out is so difficult.

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3091 on: December 11, 2014, 09:20:05 AM »

So what could be the secret ingredient to practically ensure sales?

Luck?  hihi

A band can do interviews, have a hit on rock radio and be touring. Still doesn't mean they'll sell a lot.
We've seen plenty of examples of this.

You just have to figure out what your core audience is and engage them enough to buy the album... Anything on top of that is a bonus.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3092 on: December 11, 2014, 11:21:35 AM »

Anyone think it's likely that we'll hear the first single soon, in the literal sense of the word?  I'm feeling cautiously optimistic that something big is going to happen within the next six months or so.   yes

::Axl, feel free to chime in.::  ok
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 11:26:41 AM by sofine11 » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3093 on: December 11, 2014, 11:30:34 AM »

Anyone think it's likely that we'll hear the first single soon, in the literal sense of the word?  I'm feeling cautiously optimistic that something big is going to happen within the next six months or so.   yes

I share that optimism, though its guarded to such an extent that I question if I even have it.  In that context, yes, I believe so.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3094 on: December 11, 2014, 11:33:43 AM »

Things can move fast. When everything is ready.

In 2008 we got the news about the single being on the radio and it premiered the following day.
Before that we had news about Shackler's Revenge appearing in Rock Band 2 and If The World in the Body Of Lies movie.

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3095 on: December 11, 2014, 11:33:52 AM »

I share that optimism, though its guarded to such an extent that I question if I even have it.  In that context, yes, I believe so.

Oh, absolutely guarded.  As in, if nothing happens it will be met with anything but surprise, or even disappointment.  I just think that since, as Axl said, the album is pretty much done and done, and the baggage that was Chinese Democracy's release being in the past, that nothing really is stopping Axl once he decides the time is right to pull the trigger on the next album.  Chris is an engineer as much as he is a musician.  Him being in the studio with Axl is a good sign that what they're doing is more of a wrap up/clean up job on whatever is going on the album.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3096 on: December 11, 2014, 11:42:17 AM »

Oh, absolutely guarded.  As in, if nothing happens it will be met with anything but surprise, or even disappointment.  I just think that since, as Axl said, the album is pretty much done and done, and the baggage that was Chinese Democracy's release being in the past, that nothing really is stopping Axl once he decides the time is right to pull the trigger on the next album.  Chris is an engineer as much as he is a musician.  Him being in the studio with Axl is a good sign that what they're doing is more of a wrap up/clean up job on whatever is going on the album.

Yeah, it all looks very promising for the first time on some time.

I just tend to define optimism as hope something good can happen followed by disappointment if it doesn't.  Both speak to your belief in its chances.  With GNR, I lack that second part.  This band's track record is a fucking horror show, so I can't really credibly say I'll be disappointed if this is just another tease.  It will be a shoulder shrug for me, followed by jokes about it.

But still, you can't ignore all the positive talk, which you laid out.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3097 on: December 11, 2014, 11:45:36 AM »

I just tend to define optimism as hope something good can happen followed by disappointment if it doesn't.  Both speak to your belief in its chances.  With GNR, I lack that second part.  This band's track record is a fucking horror show, so I can't really credibly say I'll be disappointed if this is just another tease.  It will be a shoulder shrug for me, followed by jokes about it.

Haha, agreed.  Getting new GNR music in 2015 would be like randomly finding 20 bucks in your pocket.  "Oh, fuck, wasn't expecting that! Awesome!!!".  hihi
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #3098 on: December 11, 2014, 11:54:41 AM »

Yup, I'm right there with ya!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #3099 on: December 11, 2014, 11:58:34 AM »

Haha, agreed.  Getting new GNR music in 2015 would be like randomly finding 20 bucks in your pocket.  "Oh, fuck, wasn't expecting that! Awesome!!!".  hihi

Yeah, new music in 2015 would be a pleasant surprise indeed.  There are indications it could happen, and just enough ambiguity to provide cover if it doesn't.  

I was really hoping that they would be playing Rock on the Range again this year...but then I looked at the other acts playing and it seems pretty clear that they will not be there.  In any event, it's always good to have a buzz about new music and tours.
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 493 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: