Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:32:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 493 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1594446 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2880 on: December 09, 2014, 12:28:12 PM »

Just to add.. The latest studio picture was posted by both Chris and Axl right? We can assume they're both in the same studio together now, right?

Yes, Chris posted it first and then Axl posted the same one.
That's the assumption many have made.

/jarmo

Is that the assumption you've made as well?

Considering what we know about the plans for after the Vegas shows, Richard's comments and the photo... Sure.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2881 on: December 09, 2014, 12:32:02 PM »

Axl retweeting Chris's pic isn't as ideal as Axl tweeting on of his own. 

But, I think it still shows work being done.

The picture combined with Richard's comment about Axl being in the studio makes it ideal I think.

I still consider Axl's retweet a commentary on what they are up to, even if its not from his phone, specifically.

Do you think that due to the fact that Axl himself didn't take the picture, it leaves uncertainty to whether or not Axl is in the studio?

For me, Richard's comment was enough. Nothing vague about that.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2882 on: December 09, 2014, 12:35:27 PM »

Axl retweeting Chris's pic isn't as ideal as Axl tweeting on of his own. 

But, I think it still shows work being done.

The picture combined with Richard's comment about Axl being in the studio makes it ideal I think.

I still consider Axl's retweet a commentary on what they are up to, even if its not from his phone, specifically.

Do you think that due to the fact that Axl himself didn't take the picture, it leaves uncertainty to whether or not Axl is in the studio?

For me, Richard's comment was enough. Nothing vague about that.

I agree.  The pic, the retweet of that pic, and Richard's comments all seem to indicate they are back to work.

My only concern is that all this talk, as in these past 2 pages, will be totally forgotten if nothing comes of this.  Which is the sort of shit that drives me nuts.  If we are all in agreement all these factors indicate they are working on the album (and we do all seem to agree) then I sure hope we don't get collective amnesia down the line.  Or resort to "technically...*technically*, I'm saying....we never really knew for sure"

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #2883 on: December 09, 2014, 01:04:17 PM »

^^ If nothing comes of this... by that do you mean if the album is not released soon after? I'd say just because it may not come out by whatever time, that doesn't negate the possibility that they have been working on it. They would really be throwing us for a loop if they weren't. But man, it sure has been a long time since their last release. I sure would like to see something soon! I was hoping that the Remix album would have been easier to release than an original album and that we'd at least see that by the end of this year but it doesn't look like that will be the case. I am stoked to head home tomorrow and watch Appetite for Democracy for the first time though. Maybe that will tide me over for a while!

What do you guys think? Is releasing a remix album easier than releasing an original album? I thought for sure we would see it much sooner than the next full on new album but now I am not so sure. I am actually looking forward to it possibly as much as I am looking forward to the next album.

Pilfer, I'm glad to see you around. You are a very skillful message board user.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 01:07:57 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2884 on: December 09, 2014, 01:13:47 PM »

^^ If nothing comes of this... by that do you mean if the album is not released soon after? I'd say just because it may not come out by whatever time, that doesn't negate the possibility that they have been working on it. They would really be throwing us for a loop if they weren't. But man, it sure has been a long time since their last release. I sure would like to see something soon! I was hoping that the Remix album would have been easier to release than an original album and that we'd at least see that by the end of this year but it doesn't look like that will be the case. I am stoked to head home tomorrow and watch Appetite for Democracy for the first time though. Maybe that will tide me over for a while!

What do you guys think? Is releasing a remix album easier than releasing an original album? I thought for sure we would see it much sooner than the next full on new album but now I am not so sure. I am actually looking forward to it possibly as much as I am looking forward to the next album.

I realize a remix album would make some people happy to have....

but it would honestly infuriate me if that's the next album release

I'd rather wait another 20 years for CD 2 than get a remix of CD 1 next week

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #2885 on: December 09, 2014, 01:15:16 PM »

^^ Really? Wouldn't it be nice to have something to tide you over till the next new album release though?

I don't know the details, but couldn't a remix album potentially be like a whole new album? New arrangements, possibly even new vocals?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 01:20:40 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2886 on: December 09, 2014, 01:19:40 PM »

Thanks!  I'm usually lurking...but participation ebbs and wanes. Smiley

I'd be disappointed with a remix album...and I don't think they would be quite as forthcoming, or...IDK....talking about it...if that's what it was.
 I think it's new material.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 01:21:35 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2887 on: December 09, 2014, 01:23:02 PM »

Of course, it could just be a legit version of Axl and the boys doing "White Christmas" for an audio Xmas cards to friends and family.

JOKING!!!! :p

Together again,
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2888 on: December 09, 2014, 01:23:18 PM »

Remix albums have a bit more limited appeal. It's usually either for hardcore fans and/or to broaden the appeal of the music. Like if you make a slow ballad out of something that's aggressive. Then more people might pay attention to it.
Looking forward to it no less. It'll be interesting to hear different interpretations of the songs we all know.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #2889 on: December 09, 2014, 01:26:52 PM »

Remix albums have a bit more limited appeal. It's usually either for hardcore fans and/or to broaden the appeal of the music. Like if you make a slow ballad out of something that's aggressive. Then more people might pay attention to it.
Looking forward to it no less. It'll be interesting to hear different interpretations of the songs we all know.

/jarmo

I'm really curious as to what "remix" implies in this case. Are they redoing vocals and things like that? Rearranging the song? Or just remixing them in terms of digitally mixing things around and throwing in some crazy effects? I think if it is something like the former, it would almost be like a whole new album.

lol about the prospect of a GNR Christmas special like the one Twisted Sister did a while back! I get what you guys are saying. But I don't mean if it in itself was the next album and we didn't see anything for another six years. I would be a little disheartened in that situation too. But wouldn't it be cool to get the remix say, in January, and the next album towards the middle or end of 2015?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 01:30:19 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2890 on: December 09, 2014, 01:28:54 PM »

lol about the prospect of a GNR Christmas special like the one Twisted Sister did a while back! I get what you guys are saying. But I don't mean if it in itself was the next album and we didn't see anything for another six years. I would be a little disheartened in that situation too. But wouldn't it be cool to get the remix say, in January, and the next album towards the middle or end of 2015?

Personally, I'd prefer the remix album be included as sort of a "bonus album" as part of some sort of deluxe version of the new album...over having it released on it's own.

I'd get it, either way...but that's what I'd prefer.

Together again,
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #2891 on: December 09, 2014, 01:33:09 PM »

^^ I'm curious why you wouldn't want it sooner as a stand alone to tide you over? I would definitely rather have it as a stand alone than spend more time waiting with nothing new at all.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2892 on: December 09, 2014, 01:37:56 PM »

^^ I'm curious why you wouldn't want it sooner as a stand alone to tide you over? I would definitely rather have it as a stand alone than spend more time waiting with nothing new at all.

I just think the value level is relatively low.  I'd rather wait, get it all as one in a more value oriented (and possibly collectible) format vs just getting it on it's own.

It's a neat bit of "rarities", but I'm not sure it has the legs to stand on it's own, in the market.  Maybe....

And..honestly...I just don't feel the need for anything to "tide me over".  But that gets into the whole "If I get a new album, great...if not, I'm totally content with what we have in terms of material now", thing that tends to start long winded, contentious conversations and that we've beaten like a dead horse (pun firmly intended).

Together again,
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #2893 on: December 09, 2014, 01:41:40 PM »

^^I see your point. I'm definitely content with what I have, very fond of the whole deal, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't getting anxious for something new.  Grin

I wonder, does anyone know what the remix may consist of? Is it new recordings (with new vocals and arrangements) or just a digital mixing up of CD with some fancy effects thrown in? I think the former would be far more interesting to me. I would be able to appreciate something like that almost as much as an entire new album. If they release both at the same time I will shat myself (in a good way).
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 01:46:21 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2894 on: December 09, 2014, 02:00:02 PM »

If nothing comes of this... by that do you mean if the album is not released soon after? I'd say just because it may not come out by whatever time, that doesn't negate the possibility that they have been working on it.

I guess I'm asking if nothing happens on the album front next year, and we have no news that anything is happening on the album front, will it be considered out of bounds to ask what the hell happened?  We have these pics, Richard's comments, and Axl's interview that started all this optimism.

I think it would be lame if we can sit here on 12/9/14 and all seemingly be in agreement this all appears to be positive indications work is going on...then if it doesn't pan out, try and claim we never actually knew work was going on.  And we shouldn't speculate.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2895 on: December 09, 2014, 02:02:24 PM »

I'd be disappointed with a remix album...and I don't think they would be quite as forthcoming, or...IDK....talking about it...if that's what it was.

A remix album is absolutely a placeholder with extremely limited appeal (as in, only diehard fans).

But if there was a time for that, its come and gone.  Its certainly come and gone as a standalone release.  Been 6 years since the last album, at at least 7 by the time a remix album came out. 

They have rather missed that window as a standalone release.  As a companion piece or bonus disc, sure.  But I can't see coming out and saying, hey guys, in 7 years time, here's what we accomplished : we remixed songs from 7 years ago.

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #2896 on: December 09, 2014, 02:05:46 PM »

A remix album is absolutely a placeholder with extremely limited appeal (as in, only diehard fans).

But if there was a time for that, its come and gone.  Its certainly come and gone as a standalone release.  Been 6 years since the last album, at at least 7 by the time a remix album came out. 

They have rather missed that window as a standalone release.  As a companion piece or bonus disc, sure.  But I can't see coming out and saying, hey guys, in 7 years time, here's what we accomplished : we remixed songs from 7 years ago.

I definitely can't see them doing that. I could see a "Hey guys, here's a free remix album and by the way, the release date for our next album is ___" though. I wouldn't mind paying for it as a standalone either if that's what they decided to do.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 02:18:21 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2897 on: December 09, 2014, 02:07:06 PM »

The problem I would have would be I know this band.  If that came out as a placeholder, it would be a looooooooooooong one.

Meaning, I can easily see if it came out as a standalone disc, they would think they were good for a few years.  That's why I said if there was a time for this, it was like, 3 years ago.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2898 on: December 09, 2014, 02:12:55 PM »

The problem I would have would be I know this band.  If that came out as a placeholder, it would be a looooooooooooong one.

Meaning, I can easily see if it came out as a standalone disc, they would think they were good for a few years.  That's why I said if there was a time for this, it was like, 3 years ago.

I'd almost say...you do something like give it away for preordering the album via itunes (or even as a pack in with a deluxe version of the physical disc).  Lot of artist include bonus tracks, or do a deluxe digital version, or give away bonus tracks with pre-order (combined with, sometimes, early access to the single).

A remix album would be GREAT as something like that.

Together again,
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #2899 on: December 09, 2014, 02:14:48 PM »

Interesting that Richard said his favorite unheard song is a Robin song, and Axl said in the online chats that one of his favorite unheard songs is one where Robin has an awesome Stevie Ray Vaughn style solo Wink

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 493 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: