Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:24:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1681048 times)
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #240 on: July 11, 2012, 06:00:47 AM »

As far as Silkworms...Silkworms was completely altered a few years ago. I think even Axl mentioned something about it in the chats.
It's not so experimental as it sounded in Rock in Rio a few years ago, but Axl has better songs, and i think Silkworms is kinda out of the pocket at the moment, but i could be wrong... things change everyday.
so what does it sound like then?

Well they cut some verses and replaced them. Replaced the chorus, added some sounds to it. Tried to make it a little bit less industrial, like what happened to Chinese Democracy (track), but the song still sounds like industrial rock to me.
It's a song that takes some time to enjoy, it will grow with the listens. Just like Shackler's Revenge.
I prefer the latest version of the song to the earliest one with more Buckethead parts, but again it's very subjective.

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #241 on: July 11, 2012, 07:29:19 AM »

"Don't expect a NIN kinda promo, where they would drop a single and then 4 months later you would have the whole album... that's not how GNR operates."

Civil War/You Could Be Mine were released months before UYI...

You have a good point.  ok But that was different. You Could Be Mine was used for Terminator 2, and Civil War the song already existed before, but still you have a good point.

However what I'm trying to say, is that i can't see that happening with iTunes and download websites. Unless it's like 1 week prior to release.
"Shackler's Revenge" appeared on Rock Band and "If The World" in Body of Lies months prior to CD's release.  Albeit with very little promo.  But it DID happen.

You're right... and someone else is right too about Oh My God, but they were soundtracks. Songs that are on featured on soundtracks need to be released accordingly to the movie's release. That's why we had a demo of Oh My God, instead of the completed song (it wasn't ready yet, Axl wanted to do a little more with it).
Shackler's Revenge wasn't a single, it was just a song included in the video game, which had to be released WITH the game. So if the game comes out sooner, chances are the song is as well.

I'm talking about "normal" singles. Singles that have nothing to do with soundtracks, video games or any kind of other publicity attached to it.

Expect a single release like one week prior to the album release, just like what happened with Chinese Democracy.

Chinese Democracy - the single - was released a month before the album...

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #242 on: July 11, 2012, 07:42:01 AM »

"Don't expect a NIN kinda promo, where they would drop a single and then 4 months later you would have the whole album... that's not how GNR operates."

Civil War/You Could Be Mine were released months before UYI...

You have a good point.  ok But that was different. You Could Be Mine was used for Terminator 2, and Civil War the song already existed before, but still you have a good point.

However what I'm trying to say, is that i can't see that happening with iTunes and download websites. Unless it's like 1 week prior to release.
"Shackler's Revenge" appeared on Rock Band and "If The World" in Body of Lies months prior to CD's release.  Albeit with very little promo.  But it DID happen.

You're right... and someone else is right too about Oh My God, but they were soundtracks. Songs that are on featured on soundtracks need to be released accordingly to the movie's release. That's why we had a demo of Oh My God, instead of the completed song (it wasn't ready yet, Axl wanted to do a little more with it).
Shackler's Revenge wasn't a single, it was just a song included in the video game, which had to be released WITH the game. So if the game comes out sooner, chances are the song is as well.

I'm talking about "normal" singles. Singles that have nothing to do with soundtracks, video games or any kind of other publicity attached to it.

Expect a single release like one week prior to the album release, just like what happened with Chinese Democracy.

Chinese Democracy - the single - was released a month before the album...

Yeah, one week is a way of saying... what I'm trying to say is that you won't have a situation like with a single released 3 or 4 months before the album release like a lot of bands do now

Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #243 on: July 11, 2012, 12:32:10 PM »

I don't feel the same level eagerness/anticipations for the next album. CD was unique.

It's only been 4 years! Give it time.
axlpwns
Rocker

« Reply #244 on: July 11, 2012, 01:16:44 PM »

The band has been constantly touring for CD since December 2009 so that's the reason for most of the 4 years without an album.

11/17/2011 East Rutherford, NJ- IZOD Center
11/19/2011 Hartford, CT- Comcast Theatre
2/12/2012 New York, NY- Terminal 5
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #245 on: July 12, 2012, 01:47:09 PM »

My God I need to hear this stuff soon!!

No one knows what's around the corner...

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #246 on: July 12, 2012, 01:54:09 PM »

As far as Silkworms...Silkworms was completely altered a few years ago. I think even Axl mentioned something about it in the chats.
It's not so experimental as it sounded in Rock in Rio a few years ago, but Axl has better songs, and i think Silkworms is kinda out of the pocket at the moment, but i could be wrong... things change everyday.

Well they cut some verses and replaced them. Replaced the chorus, added some sounds to it. Tried to make it a little bit less industrial, like what happened to Chinese Democracy (track), but the song still sounds like industrial rock to me.
It's a song that takes some time to enjoy, it will grow with the listens. Just like Shackler's Revenge.
I prefer the latest version of the song to the earliest one with more Buckethead parts, but again it's very subjective.
Not to outright accuse you of being a fake insider, but where do you get this information from?  Or are you not allowed to divulge your sources?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #247 on: July 12, 2012, 03:28:04 PM »

I'll accuse him..... Grin....Halo is full of shit.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 03:29:57 PM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #248 on: July 12, 2012, 04:38:58 PM »

Not to outright accuse you of being a fake insider, but where do you get this information from?  Or are you not allowed to divulge your sources?

I wouldn't call myself an insider. That's not what i am at all.
I don't have sources, i'm not a journalist. I have some cool friends, that's about it

« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 05:06:40 PM by Halo69 » Logged

evader
Opening Act

« Reply #249 on: July 12, 2012, 07:25:56 PM »

I don't have sources, i'm not a journalist. I have some cool friends, that's about it
So, have you heard Atlas Shrugged, The General, Soul Monster, Berlin, Seven..........?  Anything you can share about those that we haven't already heard?  Also, can you shed some light on the Checkmate clip?

I think a lot of people here and on all the forums are just dying from starvation.  Some will give you hell and call you fake, but there are far more that are willing to read what someone, anyone, has to say about ... well.... anything.  Tell us more.  Can you tell us what the chorus is on Silkworms?  Hell, I couldn't even figure out what he was saying on the old one!
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #250 on: July 12, 2012, 08:01:50 PM »

So, have you heard Atlas Shrugged, The General, Soul Monster, Berlin, Seven..........?  Anything you can share about those that we haven't already heard?  Also, can you shed some light on the Checkmate clip?

I think a lot of people here and on all the forums are just dying from starvation.  Some will give you hell and call you fake, but there are far more that are willing to read what someone, anyone, has to say about ... well.... anything.  Tell us more.  Can you tell us what the chorus is on Silkworms?  Hell, I couldn't even figure out what he was saying on the old one!

Don't wanna get into much detail but from those songs i haven't heard Berlin or Atlas. You're gonna like Seven, it's quite a band effort.

"Checkmate" isn't really Checkmate obviously... but a DJ had the whole song... he taunted someone on the internet with it and tried to make a trade, but things went wrong and the clip leaked. He then pretended to leak the whole thing, but the GNR camp or the management from the label were fast enough to take action and avoid it. That's all i heard about that. Don't know the genuine title of that song.

There's 2 silkworms at this point. Dunno which one they're gonna end up with, dunno if it will ever come out. There's other songs that are better and fit the album best as well.

1st Silkworms version, is kinda the one that we already listened with a couple of changes. You may have heard the intro somewhere on youtube. And although some people jumped into it and claimed it was fake... i can say 100% sure that that intro is the real deal. it's not complete but it is part of the intro of Silkworms.
Axl doesn't sing it like on rock in rio 3. He sings it more aggressively in the studio version, with what you call his raspy voice all over it. The song is more "violent" then what was shown in rock in rio.

2nd Silkworms version is different, not much different but still different, some of the words change and the chorus is different as Axl said in the chats.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 08:15:53 PM by Halo69 » Logged

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #251 on: July 12, 2012, 08:36:29 PM »

If there is any truth to this it will be deleted. That's how we'll know if Halo is full of shit.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #252 on: July 12, 2012, 08:44:29 PM »

no doubt, but seriously, who dedicates over 1,000 posts on a GNR msg board just to make shit like this up....i'm sure he's legit with his info. and it will be interesting to see if it get deleted, it shouldn't , nothing wrong with what he posted. i'm optimistic of a new album just because this thread isn't allready in the "dead horse" section..
evader
Opening Act

« Reply #253 on: July 12, 2012, 08:47:38 PM »

If there is any truth to this it will be deleted. That's how we'll know if Halo is full of shit.
I don't think Halo has said anything here that isn't already either known or speculated.  Plus, there was a guy that posted lyrics to Sorry 2 years before the album was released, and that thread wasn't deleted.  My point with that statement is that "ya never know" and it never hurts to ask.   Right?
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #254 on: July 12, 2012, 10:14:13 PM »

I would prefer a more industrial type album-I liked Oh My God, Silkworms, ect. a lot.

libertad
northernlad
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #255 on: July 13, 2012, 01:28:37 AM »

Thanks for the info Halo, hopefully we all get a chance to hear it Smiley
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #256 on: July 13, 2012, 05:39:56 AM »

I would prefer a more industrial type album-I liked Oh My God, Silkworms, ect. a lot.

to be honest i don't think Silkworms will come out on the next album... but u never know with GNR.

It's more possible that a re-worked Oh My God could come out but again... those 2 songs are 2 touchy subjects. Axl has other songs as well.

He's concentrated on songs like Soul Monster, The General....

The album will be pretty much like Chinese Democracy, a bit more aggressive but not much different from it. It will be like a melting pot again, you'll have everything there.

Some of the rockers will sound electronically and that's where i suppose Silkworms and Oh My God can come in. It's a possibility, but you never know if Axl replaces it with other songs...

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #257 on: July 13, 2012, 12:46:19 PM »

to be honest i don't think Silkworms will come out on the next album... but u never know with GNR.

It's more possible that a re-worked Oh My God could come out but again... those 2 songs are 2 touchy subjects. Axl has other songs as well.

He's concentrated on songs like Soul Monster, The General....

The album will be pretty much like Chinese Democracy, a bit more aggressive but not much different from it. It will be like a melting pot again, you'll have everything there.

Some of the rockers will sound electronically and that's where i suppose Silkworms and Oh My God can come in. It's a possibility, but you never know if Axl replaces it with other songs...

OMG was much better than silkworms. I'd love to hear a newer version as a b-side to a single. So much shit going on in that song with a great catchy chorus.

Its all pretty meaningless until we actually know there's going to be another album. Hopefully this time won't be shrouded in secrecy like Chinese Democracy and there will be a clear timeline. Bumblefoot and DJ are pretty open characters therefore I suspect there's a good chance we might get studio reports once they get back in there.

A question I can't get my head around is there was supposedly another batch of songs handed over to the record company at the time of the release? This story seemed to fit in with the suggestion by Axl or one of the band that about 26 songs were completed. is this true? If so have these been retracted for further work? Was Axl completely in control over the tracklisting for Chinese Democracy or did he have to agree with the label which tracks would be released?

I'd still love it if Chinese Democracy could be released as Axl intended (including artwork), even if it was limited for GNR superfans/collecters etc

Here today...ready to rock
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #258 on: July 13, 2012, 12:54:40 PM »

In the first post I quoted Tommy from late last year. He said there are 22 songs left from the Chinese sessions. If I had to guess, I'd say these songs are pretty much completed.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #259 on: July 13, 2012, 01:05:57 PM »

In the first post I quoted Tommy from late last year. He said there are 22 songs left from the Chinese sessions. If I had to guess, I'd say these songs are pretty much completed.

I dunno about 22... but there's a couple of songs that i know 100% sure that are completed... 2 of them were left out of chinese Democracy... the others were talked about several time already between us fans and even Axl talked about it. And they're also ready... they sound ready... this doesn't mean Axl won't make some more touches to it.

Oh My God, Silkworms, General, Seven, Soul Monster, Going Down and other songs are ready to go and finished... Dunno if Axl is gonna release them all on the same album, or if there's gonna be more touches to the songs, but they sound fairly completed. I wouldn't add anything if you ask me...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 01:12:04 PM by Halo69 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: