Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 02:32:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 493 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1597093 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2220 on: November 26, 2014, 07:01:36 PM »

You know, if you just reorder these a bit, like this :

If they release an album I want it to be at least as good as CD. That's a pretty high expectation as far as I can tell. If Axl needs to spend five more years and twenty million dollars working on the next album in some unknown studio in Uranus, quite frankly I don't give a damn as long as when it does come out it lives up to the GNR standard. I don't care who records over what or any of that shit. It's not so much sticking up for Axl, it's just that I could not possibly care less.

Has anyone here ever said "I will be happy no matter what this band does" or "I respect Axl's decisions so much that I will never question anything"?

...then aren't you doing just that?

No, I will not be happy no matter what this band does. I will be happy with whatever they do as long as the music they release is up to the GNR standard (yes, I realize this standard from my point of view is subjective. I know my version of the GNR standard when I hear it). Whatever means they approach to achieving that end, I do not care. Damnthehaters, If Axl waits til he is 80 years old and releases a record with him weezing and coughing on it, that record would not live up to anyone's GNR standard as far as I can guess. As for people wanting so bad for me to be unhappy about something, what do I actually have to be unhappy about? I have CD, I play it all the time. It's my favorite album. I payed 12 bucks for it. I got my money's worth. If that happens again I will be happy. If it doesn't I will be disappointed.

When I hear news about the album it does make me a little excited. Always glad to see them talking about it. I don't feel the need to pick apart their statements and see if everything adds up or whatever. I just don't care enough to do that. What good is it going to get me? Oh, well Dizzy said being done, Axl said finished, and Ron's posts are all written in the past tense, so that means your mom's a man and she won't be on the next album... No, I'm not into that. I just try to take what they say at face value. If things don't pan out the way they thought they would, so be it. It's not like they are keeping the album from me just to fuck with me.

Isn't that the hole point in being apart of a gun n roses msg board.   To discuss things?   Ask questions?   Analyze things?   Talk about experiences?    Tell stories? 

As you said in your post.  You don't care.     I however care a ton.    I am very passionate towards this band.  I love talking about all aspects of it.   When one member posts something about working on new music.   I want to talk about it and find out everything about it.    Discuss it.    If I didn't want to do that.  If I didn't care.   I wouldn't be here
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #2221 on: November 26, 2014, 07:07:47 PM »

Baconman, I'm not trying to stop anyone from speculating. But when I give my smiley face or whatever and say that I am generally happy with things, don't bitch about it. That's my two cents and I'm entitled to it. I'm sorry if it doesn't generate enough discussion for you.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
mortismurphy
« Reply #2222 on: November 26, 2014, 07:18:45 PM »

This interface and typing on a iPhone really don't gell well together

I wonder what some fans would say or do if Axl came out and said there will never be any more music from guns and that he was buring all the master recordings of the unreleased cd recordings.    I truely think some people would just smile Nd say ok Axl      

At least we would have some clarity. I suppose I would just go, ''oh well, that is that then.''
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #2223 on: November 26, 2014, 07:21:47 PM »

I wonder what some fans would say or do if Axl came out and said there will never be any more music from guns and that he was buring all the master recordings of the unreleased cd recordings.    I truely think some people would just smile Nd say ok Axl      

At least we would have some clarity. I suppose I would just go, ''oh well, that is that then.''

I would rather lose my thumb to a lawn mowing accident than have that happen. I'd rather have a buffalo take a diarrhea dump in my ear (AVGN). I would be extremely disappointed. I would figure Axl must have had his reason though. I would be bummed, but I wouldn't hold it against him.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2224 on: November 26, 2014, 07:24:39 PM »

Baconman, I'm not trying to stop anyone from speculating. But when I give my smiley face or whatever and say that I am generally happy with things, don't bitch about it. That's my two cents and I'm entitled to it. I'm sorry if it doesn't generate enough discussion for you.

I am not bitching at all.   I am just asking questions.   I am not trying to be disrespectful or anything.   Or even smirky or ass like    Or I am not even trying to argue.    Just questions.  

I for one am glad there are others out there that want to discuss thing.   Question things.   Tell stories.   Talk about the future.  Comment on news.   Analyze things.    I love that stuff.

How boring would it be around here if for every post regarding the band working on new music     The only comments we got from the board members.  Where    I can't wait!   Oh this is such good news!   Or just random possitive postings.    

I am having a blast talking to all the memebrs on here so far.   It seems like I have similisr view points on things with many different people.   But I have also pointed out things I disagree with from many people.    It's nothing personal.   It's all just opinions and meant to stir up conversation.  

I suppose if people don't want to discuss things or really have opinions other than the blind loyalt, smiley face, Axl rocks posts.   That is fine as well
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #2225 on: November 26, 2014, 07:45:28 PM »

I agree that it would be boring around here if people didn't have differing opinions. And don't get me wrong, I like you and I'm glad you have so much to say.

Let me explain where I am coming from. You guys mentioned that because the info about where CD is being worked on is unknown to the public, it must not actually be taking place. My answer to that was I think the band is keeping everything top secret and that they have a reason for it. This is how a discussion works, no?

Then I see you say "some people have nothing to say except that they are happy no matter what happens" (or something along those lines). I felt like it was in reference to me. Maybe it wasn't. But I feel like I bring my fair share to the discussion. I don't think that just because someone's opinion on a matter frames the band in a positive light then it isn't worth posting. 

For another example, when I say I'd rather leave who is on the album up to Axl, I really mean that. I think it's a valid point that he knows what he's doing. You yourself said that he had the best ear for guitar work out of all the members that have ever been in GNR and that he has the most fitting vision for GNR.

So what, Axl should ignore his ear for guitar work and his vision just to make sure the original writers of the music get the "respect" they deserve? How is he not respecting them if he uses the part they wrote and someone else records it? With all the great artists writing for the album I would consider that an honor. The competition has to be pretty damn stiff to get your shit on a Guns album.  So how is that disrespect, especially after them and Axl both understood that the album might continue to evolve for a long time and that if they weren't going to be on board for the whole process, the band was going to be able to keep, use, and develop the material they wrote?

This kind of agreement has existed since Slash was around as far as I know. It's not some state secret. You get payed to write music for Guns and Guns gets to keep the music you wrote for them. If you bail out halfway, that's on you. The band shouldn't have to start the whole song writing process over or not be able to further develop a certain song any more just because someone decides to leave.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 10:06:46 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2226 on: November 26, 2014, 10:22:23 PM »

The comparison to the board make-up was just a throwaway line, for christ's sake.  

Must we always single out the throwaway line if it spares us talking about the actual point?

Here was what was important :

My argument is more that only a fraction of their once enormous fanbase accepts this as Guns N' Roses to an extent they'd pay to see it.  I think they play smaller crowds because they aren't drawing from their alltime fanbase.  Many have long cashed out on Guns N' Roses. 

They are drawing from people that are super gung-ho about their current line-up, and older fans that can roll with whatever Axl is giving them in 2014.  And the combination of both groups is still a pretty small number of what it once was.

Forget the joke at the end.  The discussion was never about message boards.  It was a throwaway line.  A snappy close.

Even if we disregard your 'throw-away line', your 'actual point' contention "that only a fraction of their once enormous fanbase accepts this as Guns N' Roses to an extent they'd pay to see it" is IMO still flawed because GNR is still sought out to HEADLINE major festivals around the world as well as 'private' performances for 'rich people' and every other size venue in-between because their once AND STILL enormous* fanbase continue to show up at whatever size venue making them a financially viable attraction for all sides.

As for the reasoning behind playing shows with "smaller crowds" there are a number of financially logical explanations: 

The most obvious one is doing the Vegas residency....Win/Win/Win for Venue/Band/Fans. 

Next would be all the small-town venues .... no idea how 'profitable' these are for the band but for those small cities & venues to be able to host a band like GNR has to be a financial win and those small-town fans for whom it might be economically unfeasible to travel (to say nyc or vegas) plus be able to afford the ticket price, it's definitely a win for them. 

Third would be those a-for-mentioned 'private' shows.... profitable for the band & venue and, obviously, those 'rich people' get their money's worth with an awesome intimate show.

*30,924,741 Facebook likes and counting.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
mortismurphy
« Reply #2227 on: November 26, 2014, 10:42:07 PM »

I would rather lose my thumb to a lawn mowing accident than have that happen. I'd rather have a buffalo take a diarrhea dump in my ear (AVGN). I would be extremely disappointed. I would figure Axl must have had his reason though. I would be bummed, but I wouldn't hold it against him.

But would it not be better than the situation we have now where we are completely in the dark and Axl seems more concerned about Vegas than new material? If it truly is the end, at least enlighten us to the fact.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2228 on: November 26, 2014, 11:23:45 PM »

But would it not be better than the situation we have now where we are completely in the dark and Axl seems more concerned about Vegas than new material? If it truly is the end, at least enlighten us to the fact.

But wouldn't you agree that by Axl NOT clarifying, it's a positive indication that GNR is working toward the next release and is encouraging the fans' speculations and anticipation?

"the situation we have now" is kind of the "situation" we've always had during the entire existence of the band and whatever it is that Axl may or may not be concerned about is what brings us all to HTGTH and other forums to ponder aloud.

I would probably be one of those people that would just smile and say okay Axl.  But I think maybe I'd rather continue being kept in the dark if it were truly the end.  Embarrassed

« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 11:26:50 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
mortismurphy
« Reply #2229 on: November 27, 2014, 01:12:56 AM »

I have my own doubts, about this being the end - you see. I wish I didn't but Axl does not seem to be the same animal as he was in the past. He seems content to play hits shows - and why not with an uncertain music market?
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2230 on: November 27, 2014, 09:22:38 AM »

I have my own doubts, about this being the end - you see. I wish I didn't but Axl does not seem to be the same animal as he was in the past. He seems content to play hits shows - and why not with an uncertain music market?

His excittment for releasing new music and playing newer songs seems to be gone. 

I posted how cool, it would be to be in a strip club right now at 2am in the morning and have Axl walk in and start playing some NEW music.    This is stuff he used to do, when CD was being recorded and getting ready to be released.    It just seems like he used to be more excitted about the new music....   

Even though the music buying landscape has changed.  Other bands have learned to adapt to this new market and have been very successful.   Also actual album buying is very strong in markets outside of the united states.  However, I would consider the united states, the biggest market.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2231 on: November 27, 2014, 11:58:22 AM »

But wouldn't you agree that by Axl NOT clarifying, it's a positive indication that GNR is working toward the next release and is encouraging the fans' speculations and anticipation?

"the situation we have now" is kind of the "situation" we've always had during the entire existence of the band and whatever it is that Axl may or may not be concerned about is what brings us all to HTGTH and other forums to ponder aloud.

I would probably be one of those people that would just smile and say okay Axl.  But I think maybe I'd rather continue being kept in the dark if it were truly the end.  Embarrassed

I will have to disagree with you that the situation we have now is, the situation we have experienced from guns from there entire existence.  When guns started way back when, they where pounding out music.  New alumbs and live tours from the late 80s till the early 90s.  Then that band broke up   The band that reformed in the 200s, and recorded CD.  Well we got an album out of that group.   

The other things that have changed.  The original guns had a huge influence and resence in the media.  We knew so much about the band, in a non computer age.  Even with the band that formed in the early 2000s, we didn have as strong a media presence, but we got many stories out of the recording process.  We got axl showing up in clubs playing demos, etc...

Now what do we have...   Complete silence and lock down.   of this band is totaly a new thing.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2232 on: November 27, 2014, 12:02:10 PM »

I will have to disagree with you that the situation we have now is, the situation we have experienced from guns from there entire existence. 

When guns started way back when, they where pounding out music.  New albums and live tours from the late 80s till the early 90s.  Then that band broke up   The band that reformed in the 2000s, and recorded CD.  Well we got an album out of that group.   

The other things that have changed. 

The original guns had a huge influence and presence in the media.  We knew so much about the band, in a non computer age.  Even with the band that formed in the early 2000s, well didnt have as strong a media presence, but we got many stories out of the recording process.  We got axl showing up in clubs playing demos, etc...

Now what do we have...   Complete silence and lock down.   of this band is totaly a new thing.

Sorry for the re-post, still trying to figure out the edit button

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #2233 on: November 27, 2014, 06:22:18 PM »

Vince Neil went on reality-tv. Axl isn't as open, simple as that.

When guns started way back when,
Now what do we have...   Complete silence and lock down.   of this band is totaly a new thing.

Thats a big timegap man. I'd say, nothing new here.

I think it is a plan of being relevant long-term behind the lack of exposure.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #2234 on: November 27, 2014, 06:48:00 PM »

Mortis Murphy, are we really completely in the dark? Last I heard the band was still working on an album. It's true that we don't have any music, album title, tracklisting, or information on future plans, but that does make it all pretty exciting. The fact that I didn't know whether or not CD would be released made it's release all the more exciting for me. I'm not sure what else Axl could show us without ruining some aspect of the surprise awaiting us all.

Happy Thanksgiving fuckers! 

mortismurphy
« Reply #2235 on: November 27, 2014, 06:56:47 PM »

Mortis Murphy, are we really completely in the dark? Last I heard the band was still working on an album. It's true that we don't have any music, album title, tracklisting, or information on future plans, but that does make it all pretty exciting. The fact that I didn't know whether or not CD would be released made it's release all the more exciting for me. I'm not sure what else Axl could show us without ruining some aspect of the surprise awaiting us all.

Happy Thanksgiving fuckers! 

Are they really working on a new album? I do not see it - I am sorry.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2236 on: November 27, 2014, 07:03:03 PM »

And there is also no santa..   I want to beleave in both
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #2237 on: November 27, 2014, 07:14:19 PM »

"We recorded a lot of things before Chinese was out," Rose says in the interview. "We've worked more on some of those things and we've written a few new things. But basically, we have what I call kind of the second half of Chinese. That's already recorded. And then we have a remix album made of the songs from Chinese. That's been done for a while, too. But after Vegas we're going to start looking very seriously at what we're doing in that regard."

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=65856.0

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2238 on: November 27, 2014, 07:24:52 PM »

"We recorded a lot of things before Chinese was out," Rose says in the interview. "We've worked more on some of those things and we've written a few new things. But basically, we have what I call kind of the second half of Chinese. That's already recorded. And then we have a remix album made of the songs from Chinese. That's been done for a while, too. But after Vegas we're going to start looking very seriously at what we're doing in that regard."

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=65856.0

I havce read that quote many times.  I have read that many many songs have also been recorded for many years.    So what I get from that is music is recorded and ready to be released and they may be working on even more music.

Then band member come out recently and say they are working on mixing this stuff..   All I can ask is questions regarding this.   Because if they were mixing the songs, gettig them ready to be mastered.  We would of heard where this is happening.  With who its happening. 

I want to beleave its coming (new music).  And it may.  I cant see them working on anything right now or even recently.  I truely feel the songs that have been recorded are the ones that were recorded years back durring the CD recording process.  What I dont get is why they just dont release them
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #2239 on: November 27, 2014, 07:31:40 PM »

Well Mortis and Bacon, you guys could be right. I know I'm definitely not always right. I think you're outlook is a little grim. Many people had a similar outlook before the release of CD. I was one of them. This time I have a different outlook because Axl pulled through last time (streamlined, actually Wink).

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 493 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: