Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:35:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1681493 times)
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #220 on: June 27, 2012, 09:24:35 PM »

I still think that an album is a while away yet, but I'm excited as ever to think the quality of music we will hear. Chinese Democracy is still my favourite album of all time, because of the songs, the players and the whole concept behind the meaning of the album.

I haven't heard an album, and probalby never will, the quality of CD. But that's why I'm so desperate to hear any follow up, to see if GN'R can top it, it's going to be a hard task, but it's possible, Axl is a genius.  Wink
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #221 on: June 29, 2012, 12:58:00 AM »

It is really cool they are heading back into the studio, but I wouldn't expect any type of album this year.  Who knows maybe we will get a new song or something before then, like on itunes, either way GNR have been on a role the past few years, this has been a great time to be a fan of the band for sure.  I'm hoping for new music like the rest of you sooner rather than later.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #222 on: July 01, 2012, 10:58:53 AM »

When new bands start out they often build their reputation n' gain interest by their live shows. Sought o' what this current incarnation o' GN'R are doing. Great reviews and press on 2 1/2 to 3 hour sets.
karl90
Opening Act

« Reply #223 on: July 09, 2012, 11:01:18 AM »

there will not be a new album sad true  Cry
Chief
Legend

« Reply #224 on: July 10, 2012, 12:16:17 AM »

and how exactly do you know this??

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #225 on: July 10, 2012, 08:39:10 AM »

[/quote]
You make 2 posts N' this is 1 of 'em? Instead of just making a bold statement please enlighten us with your insight or reasons o' disbelief...
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #226 on: July 10, 2012, 09:09:48 AM »

Guns N'Roses are not ready for iTunes...or any other download site for that matter.

They're not ready for a digital approach... i mean sure CD was released on iTunes and Amazon and whatever, but they're not ready to do the kind of plan of dropping a single song on iTunes and then eventually start the promotion for it and later on release the album...

Singles will only be released after the album is released. Or like 1 week prior to an already set up release.

Don't expect a NIN kinda promo, where they would drop a single and then 4 months later you would have the whole album... that's not how GNR operates.

You don't need to be really smart to know that... just look at the band's past, even with the Original Line Up...

They will NEVER do the Chinese Democracy demos/b-sides box set gig either...for those who expect that to happen... let me tell you... that's completely unrealistic and NOT possible.
Axl was never into wasting songs... for example... they had Don't Cry in 87... it didn't fit the album, so they put it into Illusions... and so on...
Anything from the CD sessions that wasn't on CD, it's gonna be released in a future album, whether it's the next one or the following one. Axl doesn't waste songs. Except for those that really can't make it.. like Ain't going down or Just Another Sunday...

The General will definitely come out on the next record, Seven will come out, Soul Monster will come out, Oh My God and Silkworms might still being talked about but i believe Oh My God will be re-released in some form. Silkworms is the doubt! It might not come out or it might come out. It depends. There's a lot of other songs that Axl prefers to release though. Lips Sealed

Also things lead me to believe that the next album is not gonna be a big album... it's gonna have about 11 to 12 songs. Expect it to be more aggressive but the cd in its full, is not gonna be much different then CD. As a matter of fact, it's going to be very similar to CD. Same kind of style. Music of all kind of types... a very complex album, just like CD. It's gonna have industrial bits, classic rock, orchestral arrangements, pro tools effects as well. A lot like CD.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 09:43:50 AM by Halo69 » Logged

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #227 on: July 10, 2012, 09:40:39 AM »

Guns N'Roses are not ready for iTunes...or any other download site for that matter.

They're not ready for a digital approach... i mean sure CD was released on iTunes and Amazon and whatever, but they're not ready to do the kind of plan of dropping a single song on iTunes and then eventually start the promotion for it and later on release the album...

Singles will only be released after the album is released. Or like 1 week prior to an already set up release.

Don't expect a NIN kinda promo, where they would drop a single and then 4 months later you would have the whole album... that's not how GNR operates.

You don't need to be really smart to know that... just look at the band's past, even with the Original Line Up...

They will NEVER do the Chinese Democracy demos/b-sides box set gig either...for those who expect that to happen... let me tell you... that's completely unrealistic and NOT possible.
Axl was never into wasting songs... for example... they had Don't Cry in 87... it didn't fit the album, so they put it into Illusions... and so on...
Anything from the CD sessions that wasn't on CD, it's gonna be released in a future album, whether it's the next one or the following one. Axl doesn't waste songs. Except for those that really can't make it.. like Ain't going down or Just Another Sunday...

The General will definitely come out on the next record, Seven will come out, Soul Monster will come out, Oh My God and Silkworms might still being talked about but i believe Oh My God will be re-released in some form. Silkworms is the doubt! It might not come out or it might come out. It depends. There's a lot of other songs that Axl prefers to release though. Lips Sealed

Also things lead me to believe that the next album is not gonna be a big album... it's gonna have about 11 to 12 songs. Expect it to be more aggressive but the cd in its full, is not gonna be much different then CD. As a matter of fact, it's going to be very similar to CD. Same kind of style. Music of all kind of types... a very complex album, just like CD. It's gonna have industrial bits, classic rock, orchestral arrangements, pro tools effects as well. A lot like CD.

Rather than release as GNR would be good if they could put any experimental tracks (e.g. silkworms) it out under a diffrent name - or perhaps under sex tapes or something like that.

Given that some of the songs you mention have been suggested for some time now I hope the process of finishing the recording/mixing etc isn't too exhaustive and they can be back on our CD players with new stuff 'soon'.

Here today...ready to rock
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #228 on: July 10, 2012, 09:59:22 AM »

Rather than release as GNR would be good if they could put any experimental tracks (e.g. silkworms) it out under a diffrent name - or perhaps under sex tapes or something like that.

Given that some of the songs you mention have been suggested for some time now I hope the process of finishing the recording/mixing etc isn't too exhaustive and they can be back on our CD players with new stuff 'soon'.

It's always exhaustive!

Axl is to Guns N'Roses what Jonathan Davis is to Korn...He wants to move on, he wants the new record to finally establish his new band once and for all.
He's not gonna go back to the kind of music Old GNR used to play... eventually that would tear this band apart... with all the comparisons they would do to the old band and all of that garbage in the press.

His musical direction is exactly what you heard on CD. That's his and his new band vision. He will have music that will resemble the old band but the music that will resemble the old band... will resemble Axl's role in the old band (november rain, don't cry, estranged). You won't see Nightrains or It's so easy's in new albums... that's buried!

As far as Silkworms...Silkworms was completely altered a few years ago. I think even Axl mentioned something about it in the chats.
It's not so experimental as it sounded in Rock in Rio a few years ago, but Axl has better songs, and i think Silkworms is kinda out of the pocket at the moment, but i could be wrong... things change everyday.

LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #229 on: July 10, 2012, 10:12:40 AM »

"Don't expect a NIN kinda promo, where they would drop a single and then 4 months later you would have the whole album... that's not how GNR operates."

Civil War/You Could Be Mine were released months before UYI...So many contradictions, inaccuracies and ill informed opinions masqueraded as facts in your post.. 
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #230 on: July 10, 2012, 10:19:06 AM »

"Don't expect a NIN kinda promo, where they would drop a single and then 4 months later you would have the whole album... that's not how GNR operates."

Civil War/You Could Be Mine were released months before UYI...

You have a good point.  ok But that was different. You Could Be Mine was used for Terminator 2, and Civil War the song already existed before, but still you have a good point.

However what I'm trying to say, is that i can't see that happening with iTunes and download websites. Unless it's like 1 week prior to release.

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #231 on: July 10, 2012, 11:33:55 AM »

There's a new album coming out. Just be patient. It will probably be in 2013.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #232 on: July 10, 2012, 11:44:49 AM »

As far as Silkworms...Silkworms was completely altered a few years ago. I think even Axl mentioned something about it in the chats.
It's not so experimental as it sounded in Rock in Rio a few years ago, but Axl has better songs, and i think Silkworms is kinda out of the pocket at the moment, but i could be wrong... things change everyday.
so what does it sound like then?
rendestroi95
Rocker

You Know Where You Are?? No?? Okay :(

« Reply #233 on: July 10, 2012, 01:18:20 PM »

You're Axl?? No?? So you can't say it... nobody instead of him can say it   hihi

it's happening
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #234 on: July 10, 2012, 01:42:54 PM »

There's a new album coming out. Just be patient. It will probably be in 2013.

I just had a major de ja vu.

I don't feel the same level eagerness/anticipations for the next album. CD was unique.

It would be cool to have a song released on its own to accompany a film or something.

Here today...ready to rock
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #235 on: July 10, 2012, 03:00:25 PM »

The name of this thread should be changed from "speculation" thread to "horse shit" thread.

Guns don't do this . . . (insert horse shit here)
Guns won't do that . . . (insert horse shit here)
They only do it this way . . .  (insert horse shit here)
They only do it that way . . . (insert horse shit here)

What the fuck ever.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #236 on: July 10, 2012, 06:41:37 PM »

You have a good point.  ok But that was different. You Could Be Mine was used for Terminator 2, and Civil War the song already existed before, but still you have a good point.

However what I'm trying to say, is that i can't see that happening with iTunes and download websites. Unless it's like 1 week prior to release.
"Shackler's Revenge" appeared on Rock Band and "If The World" in Body of Lies months prior to CD's release.  Albeit with very little promo.  But it DID happen.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
old_at_heart
Opening Act

« Reply #237 on: July 10, 2012, 10:48:17 PM »

First post... I'm looking forward to the next album. I've been reading the bits here and there and I believe that something is in the works. I'm hoping that 2013 is the year!
ecwfan
Rocker

« Reply #238 on: July 11, 2012, 05:38:40 AM »

They did drop a single on the End of Days soundtrack (Oh My God) and it seemed like the album was coming along soon then. Perhaps we should really wait and see what the band does or how they approach the changing era now. Its not 1991 and the whole ITunes deal never existed. So lets see what happens after the tour.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #239 on: July 11, 2012, 05:54:15 AM »

"Shackler's Revenge" appeared on Rock Band and "If The World" in Body of Lies months prior to CD's release.  Albeit with very little promo.  But it DID happen.

You're right... and someone else is right too about Oh My God, but they were soundtracks. Songs that are on featured on soundtracks need to be released accordingly to the movie's release. That's why we had a demo of Oh My God, instead of the completed song (it wasn't ready yet, Axl wanted to do a little more with it).
Shackler's Revenge wasn't a single, it was just a song included in the video game, which had to be released WITH the game. So if the game comes out sooner, chances are the song is as well.

I'm talking about "normal" singles. Singles that have nothing to do with soundtracks, video games or any kind of other publicity attached to it.

Expect a single release like one week prior to the album release, just like what happened with Chinese Democracy.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: