Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 12:09:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 493 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1598786 times)
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #2180 on: November 26, 2014, 10:30:05 AM »

The only tier 1 live song-must haves to me are Jungle, SCOM, Paradise City, Patience and November Rain.....the rest can be put in a blender and spit out on a whim. hihi
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 10:33:22 AM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2181 on: November 26, 2014, 10:32:47 AM »

But they said they are working on it   In some unknown place with unknown people other than the band working in it. I just don't get that.    I don't want to call what someone of the band members said as false.   I just have the feeling they are not in the loop of what is going on and mb axla mind has changed in regards to putting anything out right away.   Just my thought.    I just find it hard to beleave we know of not one location this is being worked on and with no one in the record industry involved in mixing or producing or mastering etc....     Am I missing something here.    I want to beleave.  Trust me

Well, this is where I come in.  I'll say all that stuff for you.

I do not believe any serious work has been done on any of this in some time.  Even if DJ, Ron, or whoever else was going to be added to these CD sessions tracks, that's done and been done.  Mixed and mastered?  No, likely not.  But there is no new work that has to be done or intends to be done.

I don't think the other guys in the band are holding out on us.  I truly believe they have no idea what's going on because Axl doesn't tell them shit.  This is not a band in that sense.  Its Axl's show.  Axl is the lone named partner in this firm.

I agree with pretty much all of that, as it's what I am trying to say without saying it.    

I think there is a huge buffsr at times between the band and axl and some of the bands comments at times may not be lies come accross as miss leading as they are just in the loop.

If I beoeaved they were actually working on new stuff, which I don't think is happening.   But if I did.   Why can't the questions I am asking be answered....     Where are they working on it and with who and what's the record labels stance on this.  Who's funding this mystery work being done in mystery locations with mystery help from industry like engenders and mixers etc...

Are we not supposed to question any of this?    

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2182 on: November 26, 2014, 10:33:27 AM »

Speaking about funny videos, wasn't "Garden of Eden" a funny video the way they looked?  Also DX disagree with you on "Rocket Queen" . That song should always be in the set list. That songs exemplifies what GNR does best

Well, I look at it like this.

Jungle
Paradise
Sweet Child
Live And Let Die
November Rain
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
You Could Be Mine

Those are 7 songs, never coming out of the setlist, ever.  Nor should they.  They are signature tunes.  I would call them tier 1 songs.

Tier 2, I think, would be :

It's So Easy
Nightrain
Mr. Brownstone

While not singles or radio hits, its also a bit hard to see them being dropped.  You are up to 10 songs now.

Tier 3 :

Rocket Queen
Patience
Don't Cry
Estranged

This is where I think cuts have to start to be made.  I, personally, would make 'Patience' a permanent member of the security council and a tier 1 tune, but it has been dropped for entire tours.

Once you factor in whatever CD tunes make the next setlist, and whatever new covers, you are starting to run out of real estate.  Cuts have to be made somewhere.

ha tier 3 are probably my three favorite songs

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #2183 on: November 26, 2014, 10:34:35 AM »

Speaking about funny videos, wasn't "Garden of Eden" a funny video the way they looked?  Also DX disagree with you on "Rocket Queen" . That song should always be in the set list. That songs exemplifies what GNR does best

Jungle
Paradise
Sweet Child
Live And Let Die
November Rain
You Could Be Mine

Those are 7 songs, never coming out of the setlist, ever.  Nor should they.  They are signature tunes.  I would call them tier 1 songs.

It's So Easy
Nightrain
Mr. Brownstone

While not singles or radio hits, its also a bit hard to see them being dropped.  You are up to 10 songs now.

Tier 3 :

Rocket Queen
Patience
Don't Cry
Estranged

This is where I think cuts have to start to be made.  I, personally, would make 'Patience' a permanent member of the security council and a tier 1 tune, but it has been dropped for entire tours.

Once you factor in whatever CD tunes make the next setlist, and whatever new covers, you are starting to run out of real estate.  Cuts have to be made somewhere.

This may or may not be interesting, but at the Brooklyn Bowl show last yr it was the first GNR show that I know of that November Rain wasn't played,(and I was quite OK with that) aside from say the secret shows and acoustic things since Illusions.It was also the shortest GNR show at 90 mins for me that I attended. Now this could simply be because they didn't have a piano at the club! And Axl was having some serious gastronomical problems that night. Truck stop revenge I recall him saying!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2184 on: November 26, 2014, 10:35:28 AM »

But they said they are working on it   In some unknown place with unknown people other than the band working in it. I just don't get that.    I don't want to call what someone of the band members said as false.   I just have the feeling they are not in the loop of what is going on and mb axla mind has changed in regards to putting anything out right away.   Just my thought.    I just find it hard to beleave we know of not one location this is being worked on and with no one in the record industry involved in mixing or producing or mastering etc....     Am I missing something here.    I want to beleave.  Trust me

Well, this is where I come in.  I'll say all that stuff for you.

I do not believe any serious work has been done on any of this in some time.  Even if DJ, Ron, or whoever else was going to be added to these CD sessions tracks, that's done and been done.  Mixed and mastered?  No, likely not.  But there is no new work that has to be done or intends to be done.

I don't think the other guys in the band are holding out on us.  I truly believe they have no idea what's going on because Axl doesn't tell them shit.  This is not a band in that sense.  Its Axl's show.  Axl is the lone named partner in this firm.

I agree with pretty much all of that, as it's what I am trying to say without saying it.    

I think there is a huge buffsr at times between the band and axl and some of the bands comments at times may not be lies come accross as miss leading as they are just in the loop.

If I beoeaved they were actually working on new stuff, which I don't think is happening.   But if I did.   Why can't the questions I am asking be answered....     Where are they working on it and with who and what's the record labels stance on this.  Who's funding this mystery work being done in mystery locations with mystery help from industry like engenders and mixers etc...

Are we not supposed to question any of this?    

Ron said he found out that Chinese was coming out when the official press release announced it.  I doubt the band's dynamics have changed since 2008 in regard to when these guys will know when Axl is ready to put out the next one.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #2185 on: November 26, 2014, 10:45:25 AM »

exactly...we have no idea what is going on so speculating is worthless at this point. We know he has plenty of music to work with. When it is released is anyone's guess.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 10:54:07 AM by sky dog » Logged

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2186 on: November 26, 2014, 10:55:10 AM »

GN'R was always Axls vision. It doesn't matter who is in the band or not. Also he is the only songwriter. The others are just co-songwriters.

Well since this is just your opinion I can't really call it wrong.   bUT I can't resist telling you my opinion

In the mid 80s to say the mid 90s axl was part of the greatest band in the world.  His part was just as equal as any of the other hand members.   They helped create together what became the biggest band in the world.   Equally.   With there own various contributions to writing lyrics melodys and the music.  All equal parts and that is why royalty cheques are split equally

That band broke up/members quit or got fired

The name/brand guns n roses survived that break up with Axl holding the rights to use this property

I am so glad that it was him because as equal they all were I feel it was truely only Axl that could of continued the guns legacy.   I really do beleave he has the best ear for music and what should be guns

So Axl formed a new band s guns.  And it was great.   The equally wrote the music to a great album in CD and released in way that is guns n roses.   However even though Axl was really the only lyric writer on the album.  Again there were many other great artists that wrote the music and melodys.    Axl has a great ear for what should be guns.   But it isn't all just hm
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2187 on: November 26, 2014, 10:56:34 AM »

exactly...we have no idea what is going on so speculating is worthless at this point. We know he has plenty of music to work with. When it is released is anyone's guess.

So we arnt even alowed to question comments that band members of the band have recently said?   

No questions at all?

Where are thy mixing this album?
mortismurphy
« Reply #2188 on: November 26, 2014, 11:32:34 AM »

Jungle
Paradise
Sweet Child
Live And Let Die
November Rain
You Could Be Mine

It's So Easy
Nightrain
Mr. Brownstone

Tier 3 :

Rocket Queen
Patience
Don't Cry
Estranged

Cannot say I disagree however, I really wish Knockin' on Heavens Dawawa would be nuked into oblivion.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #2189 on: November 26, 2014, 11:54:45 AM »

So we arnt even alowed to question comments that band members of the band have recently said?   

No questions at all?

don't know how long you have been around Gnr boards but the speculating game has been going on since 1998....knock yourself out trying to figure it out. Good luck but my best guess is that you will find yourself spinning in circles with no answers to any of the questions you pose

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2190 on: November 26, 2014, 12:09:21 PM »

No questions at all?

don't know how long you have been around Gnr boards but the speculating game has been going on since 1998....knock yourself out trying to figure it out. Good luck but my best guess is that you will find yourself spinning in circles with no answers to any of the questions you pose

All true, but I don't see how that means we can't ask.

Who else is even interested in this, other than fellow fans?  If we can't talk amongst ourselves, who do we talk to?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2191 on: November 26, 2014, 12:21:17 PM »

No questions at all?

All true, but I don't see how that means we can't ask.

Who else is even interested in this, other than fellow fans?  If we can't talk amongst ourselves, who do we talk to?

Oh I love discusing this band and I love learning more about the process that was the recording of cd.  I look forward to the future of the band and continue to support them

However a lot of this is very frustrating.   Just in regards to getting new material out of the band.   

I love talking with fans of this band.   But what is even more frustrating is when people answer honest questions. With.   I will be happy with anything this band does.   Or.  I respect axls decisions so much that I will never question any thing or even try to continue a conversation regarding anything

So if a band member says they are working on new material.   When I am curious and want to know where and with who they are working on    People just say.  That's cool!   I can't wait!    Ugh

I am a at work right now stairing at a wall and I think if I started a conversation with this wall I may get more insite   And this wall dosnt look very smart hahahaha

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2192 on: November 26, 2014, 12:24:58 PM »

I wish there was a more happy medium in between the left and the right of the GNR forums.

The problem is Axl really does have an Out Ta Get ME complex... so information about his thought and work processes are kept very tight to the vest.

You are never going to get updates from him on the process... and really.. he's the only one with any insight to it. As evidenced by countless interviews from the musicians...not that they don't want to give a more concrete answer... they truthfully knows just as much as us. 

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2193 on: November 26, 2014, 12:26:52 PM »

Jungle
Paradise
Sweet Child
Live And Let Die
November Rain
You Could Be Mine

It's So Easy
Nightrain
Mr. Brownstone

Tier 3 :

Rocket Queen
Patience
Don't Cry
Estranged

Cannot say I disagree however, I really wish Knockin' on Heavens Dawawa would be nuked into oblivion.

Trust me if I   There is a lot of these songs I would love to scrap. At least for a few shows

However it will never happen until guns builds there catalog of songs.   They are not sitting on hundreds of songs to choose from at this time , so really we get what we get

I hope in the future with the release of new music.   If it happens.   We get the chance to talk about this further.  If guns releases another 2 - 3 albums worth of material now we are laughing when I comes to set list selection.   Until then I fear we are stuck with a lot of the old Classics
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2194 on: November 26, 2014, 12:29:35 PM »

I wish there was a more happy medium in between the left and the right of the GNR forums.

The problem is Axl really does have an Out Ta Get ME complex... so information about his thought and work processes are kept very tight to the vest.

You are never going to get updates from him on the process... and really.. he's the only one with any insight to it. As evidenced by countless interviews from the musicians...not that they don't want to give a more concrete answer... they truthfully knows just as much as us. 

Agreed.  It's pretty annoying that the best we can do is hypothosize about possible best case scenarios, as far as the status of the next album.  There's only one man with any real insight, and he doesn't seem very keen on providing updates.  So, we have the "It'll come out when it's damn well ready and that's that." approach we have to fall back on as years upon years roll by.  confused
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2195 on: November 26, 2014, 12:29:55 PM »

Jungle
Paradise
Sweet Child
Live And Let Die
November Rain
You Could Be Mine

It's So Easy
Nightrain
Mr. Brownstone

Tier 3 :

Rocket Queen
Patience
Don't Cry
Estranged

Trust me if I   There is a lot of these songs I would love to scrap. At least for a few shows

However it will never happen until guns builds there catalog of songs.   They are not sitting on hundreds of songs to choose from at this time , so really we get what we get

I hope in the future with the release of new music.   If it happens.   We get the chance to talk about this further.  If guns releases another 2 - 3 albums worth of material now we are laughing when I comes to set list selection.   Until then I fear we are stuck with a lot of the old Classics

Yeah but no matter what they release in the future... those songs will never have the same impact that the old songs had for a variety of reasons... rock music just isn't as popular...

so you would always get the same argument that the concert goers want to hear the "hits"... meaning as long as Axl tours with the GNR name you will hear those aforementioned songs

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2196 on: November 26, 2014, 12:37:08 PM »

Jungle
Paradise
Sweet Child
Live And Let Die
November Rain
You Could Be Mine

It's So Easy
Nightrain
Mr. Brownstone

Tier 3 :

Rocket Queen
Patience
Don't Cry
Estranged

Yeah but no matter what they release in the future... those songs will never have the same impact that the old songs had for a variety of reasons... rock music just isn't as popular...

so you would always get the same argument that the concert goers want to hear the "hits"... meaning as long as Axl tours with the GNR name you will hear those aforementioned songs

That's true.   I would love the day though when we can complain about how long it's been since we heard wttj.  And why does guns always play all these new songs off there new album.   Love for that to happen.    Personally I have see. These same hits played by 4 different versions of this band live.  So I am ready to hear some new stuff.  Also I feel the general public has plenty of opportunity to see/witness/hear all these hits played live as well
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2197 on: November 26, 2014, 12:37:28 PM »

And you should, I think.

April 6, 1992...Oklahoma City, OK.  'Welcome To The Jungle' is not played.  The only non riot shortened show on that entire tour where it was not.

Suppose that was the only time you ever saw them.  I do believe it was the only concert the band ever did in that state, so I'm sure that was the case for some.

Wouldn't you be a bit a bummed you saw your favorite band and had the unlucky distinction of being the one date they did not play what might well be their signature song?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #2198 on: November 26, 2014, 12:51:07 PM »

And you should, I think.

April 6, 1992...Oklahoma City, OK.  'Welcome To The Jungle' is not played.  The only non riot shortened show on that entire tour where it was not.

Suppose that was the only time you ever saw them.  I do believe it was the only concert the band ever did in that state, so I'm sure that was the case for some.

Wouldn't you be a bit a bummed you saw your favorite band and had the unlucky distinction of being the one date they did not play what might well be their signature song?
That's exactly why it is a delicate balance between hits and what might be considered more deep cuts.  I think that was a balance that was perfectly achieved the last three shows of this year's Vegas residency. 

On another note, the band actually did play Norman, OK in 2011.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2199 on: November 26, 2014, 01:00:04 PM »

If you are a big time band with big time hits, and are also charging big time prices, you need to have your signature songs in there.  That's part of the deal.

This is why the post that started all this (my willingness to trade 'Rocket Queen' for a new song) I went with a song that would not really meet that criteria.  I would never suggest WTTJ or YCBM be dropped, for instance.

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 493 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: