Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 09:53:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 493 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1600735 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2140 on: November 25, 2014, 08:40:58 AM »

I think the videos were only corny because they took themselves too seriously. That's why I'd like to see a more lighthearted or humorous one. Concert footage would be great too though. Really, anything would be awesome.

Totally agree.  They never really did a funny video.

lol, I think we are really stretching things, if this is considered funny.  Thanks for posting it though as I hadn't seen it in a while.  I remember I was in high school when this came out and me and the boys thought this video was actually pretty bad ass.

I was thinking more about what would make a funny guns video, then I remember that short intro they had, mb back in 2001/2 I think..  Rock n rio time.   The cartoon, where Axl is poking a little fun at himself, with the recluse stuff and all that..   That was actually pretty funny...

Also way back when...   Axl at times did a small rap in the middle of rocket queen.  I actually got a kick out of this and if slightly longer, would of made a great funny video addition, probably an adult only version or something, but I could come up with many ideas! haha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuhLVl5qf2A

That's kinda funny.....

/jarmo
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #2141 on: November 25, 2014, 09:00:47 AM »

In Dec 2008, Axl said the album would be out next year (11/2009).
From 2009 to the present, Dj ASHBA and Dizzy Reed have said in every interview, that the album is coming out soon.
This past Spring, Axl said they're looking seriously at releasing a new album.

Take as long as you want, but please stop stringing the fans along!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 09:11:50 AM by GNR2014 » Logged
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #2142 on: November 25, 2014, 09:04:34 AM »

Dizzy and DJ have never said the album is finished.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2143 on: November 25, 2014, 09:05:06 AM »

I think the videos were only corny because they took themselves too seriously. That's why I'd like to see a more lighthearted or humorous one. Concert footage would be great too though. Really, anything would be awesome.

Totally agree.  They never really did a funny video.

lol, I think we are really stretching things, if this is considered funny.  Thanks for posting it though as I hadn't seen it in a while.  I remember I was in high school when this came out and me and the boys thought this video was actually pretty bad ass.

I was thinking more about what would make a funny guns video, then I remember that short intro they had, mb back in 2001/2 I think..  Rock n rio time.   The cartoon, where Axl is poking a little fun at himself, with the recluse stuff and all that..   That was actually pretty funny...

Also way back when...   Axl at times did a small rap in the middle of rocket queen.  I actually got a kick out of this and if slightly longer, would of made a great funny video addition, probably an adult only version or something, but I could come up with many ideas! haha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuhLVl5qf2A

That's kinda funny.....

/jarmo

All night and I still cant figure out this quote feature, ugh
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2144 on: November 25, 2014, 09:30:38 AM »

But both have consistently say they stuff is already recorded.  DJ goes as far as to say he's had Axl play him stuff.

This doesn't make it "done", but the overall lion's share of it is done.  And has been.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #2145 on: November 25, 2014, 10:31:38 AM »

From Dizzy:

"Last I heard, there's a lot of music that has been recorded, a lot of stuff that's done, a lot of stuff that's almost done, and I think it's just a matter of picking out which songs are gonna come out in the next phase. And last I heard, that's what was happening. The main thing is, when it's ready to come out, it'll come out."

That sounds pretty close to finished.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2146 on: November 25, 2014, 10:46:49 AM »

From Dizzy:

"Last I heard, there's a lot of music that has been recorded, a lot of stuff that's done, a lot of stuff that's almost done, and I think it's just a matter of picking out which songs are gonna come out in the next phase. And last I heard, that's what was happening. The main thing is, when it's ready to come out, it'll come out."

That sounds pretty close to finished.

I wish more people would listen to the only important thing from that quote... It will come out, when it's ready to come out, the translation of course meaning when Axl is ready.

That's always been the case... no boogey man involved...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 10:55:40 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2147 on: November 25, 2014, 10:57:54 AM »

Eh, Axl feeds into that with a lot of his "woe is me" stuff about he alleged rotten hand he's been dealt by life.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2148 on: November 25, 2014, 12:23:08 PM »

Aside from the obvious desire to hear the songs... I fear for the state of these sites if theres no album and a new guitar player come the end of next year ha

I have a long drive ahead of me tonight... so Chinese Democracy is in my bag ready to insert in to my CD player

#REALGnrFANrightHere

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #2149 on: November 25, 2014, 12:43:11 PM »

Ginger King, please show me a quote where Dizzy or DJ says the album is finished. Finished means tracklist decided, artwork decided, the album has to have a final mix and be mastered, turned over to the label, etc.

It just sounds like, to me, Axl and whoever are going through all the music and deciding on what to release....hardly "finished".
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 12:45:40 PM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2150 on: November 25, 2014, 02:11:50 PM »

Ginger King, please show me a quote where Dizzy or DJ says the album is finished. Finished means tracklist decided, artwork decided, the album has to have a final mix and be mastered, turned over to the label, etc.

It just sounds like, to me, Axl and whoever are going through all the music and deciding on what to release....hardly "finished".

And it sound to me like you are laying the groundwork for some spin, if needed down the line.

But let me ask you this.  Axl said in an interview conducted months ago, they "were beginning to look at things in that regard."  And I would say that what he's looking at "in that regard" are the very things you say : tracklist, artwork, mixing and mastering.

If they hit the road again in say, July of next year...and have no new album, is that plausible to you?  That in 12-15 months, a tracklist could not be decided upon?  Keep in mind, the only one Axl has to consult on ANY of this is a mirror.

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #2151 on: November 25, 2014, 02:35:22 PM »

Sorry, I guess I'm one of those weird people that equate "done" with "finished".

Jaeball's right, the buck starts and stops with Axl.  When/if he wants to, he'll find a way to get the songs released.  I think it is that simple. 
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2152 on: November 25, 2014, 03:24:44 PM »

Sorry, I guess I'm one of those weird people that equate "done" with "finished".

It's playing semantics to give him wiggle room. 

Which, frankly, is high comedy considering his feet are never held to the fire anyway.  Is wiggle room needed?

Who here sees any real fallout if the next tour comes with no album?  Will ANYTHING Axl said in that interview be questioned?  Get real.

And, just to clarify, that is not being asked in a "you owe me, you son of bitch" type way.  Its asking "dude, Axl...what the hell happened?"  Even that will be out of bounds.  We all know this.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2153 on: November 25, 2014, 03:46:59 PM »

It's playing semantics to give him wiggle room. 

Which, frankly, is high comedy considering his feet are never held to the fire anyway.  Is wiggle room needed?

Who here sees any real fallout if the next tour comes with no album?  Will ANYTHING Axl said in that interview be questioned?  Get real.

And, just to clarify, that is not being asked in a "you owe me, you son of bitch" type way.  Its asking "dude, Axl...what the hell happened?"  Even that will be out of bounds.  We all know this.

Oh trust me I will be pretty pissed if I don't hear new music from guns this year.  Just like I said. You can cheer your fav sports team and be pissed at some of the moves they make

Will I be pissed if they tour this year without any new music.   Well I think my answer above speaks for itself.  I however don't think touring and a release of a new album have to go hand in hand. 

I would be pissed if they tour with no new music played at all with the same tired set list played every night almost.    I know guns doesn't have this huge backlog of songs to pick from every night, well they would if we got some of these unreleased cd songs, but honestly I am so tired if hearing the greatest hits played.     Trust me. Once they do go on tour again as a huge fan of them, I will not only see them when they come to my local market, but even travel pretty good distances to see them.      I would love to go to a concert one time and not s wttj, kohd, even paradise city.    Sure the main stream fans would be a little upset mb.  But everyone has plenty of time to hear theses same old songs played live

Now what do I think 2015 is actually going to bring us.   I am a very happy person and alway am positive.   But for some strange feeling I am thinking 2015 is going to be a quiet year from guns in regards to no tours and no new music and pretty soon no new quotes that people want to argue the definition of "done" over.     But damn I would love to hear anything

A tour with new unreleased songs played live would be great. 
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2154 on: November 25, 2014, 03:50:07 PM »

Could have bought a lot of goodwill if they went this route.

What was the overwhelming topic of discussion on the 2001-02 and 2006-07 tours?  It was the new songs. 

Why not do that in 2014?

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2155 on: November 25, 2014, 04:09:04 PM »

Could have bought a lot of goodwill if they went this route.

What was the overwhelming topic of discussion on the 2001-02 and 2006-07 tours?  It was the new songs. 

Why not do that in 2014?

I remember how big the release to the song oh my god was back in the day.    It was huge.  And for a song that Axl himself now says the band doesn't take that seriously    I for one love that version we got from rock in rio those many years back and would love to hear it again played live

The amount of goodwill gained would be huge   It's pretty cool the new band added some old uyi songs to the set lists.   But I am not even talking about that.   I want brand new unheard music.   Music you hear for the first time live that you can't even get your head around that you have to rush home and find a bootleg so you can listen to the new song that has just made a impacti in your life over and over

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2156 on: November 25, 2014, 04:10:56 PM »

Truthfully, as much as I love the song, if my choices are 'Rocket Queen' for the 247th time, or a new song...give me a new song.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2157 on: November 25, 2014, 04:16:50 PM »

Truthfully, as much as I love the song, if my choices are 'Rocket Queen' for the 247th time, or a new song...give me a new song.

I would love guns to be one of these bands that tours new albums and tosses in just a few old classics.      I would love the day when we can complain about not hearing it's so easy in a very long time   
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2158 on: November 25, 2014, 04:39:41 PM »

Does anyone know what the current situation between the label and guns is.   I.e.  How many if any albums at all are left on the deal

I find it kinda strange that the label released one greatest hits album due to the non release of cd.  Then threatend a greater hits part 2 release   But then we were lucky enough to get cd.     

Question is if albums were still left on the deal to be released why isn't the label putting the pressure on like they did before cd came out.   It has been many years since    Why havnt they threaten ps this greatest hits part 2 release or anything   

I for one am starting to think there is no real deal in place with the label any more    Mb guns will try and put and album together here and try and selling back to the label.   I am not sure.  But I am sure guns will try and at least try and get back some of the extra production costs they are now fronting themselfs from all accounts
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #2159 on: November 25, 2014, 07:26:36 PM »

"There's a wealth of material that's been recorded and written and a lot of it's done, a lot of it's being done..." Dizzy

So from that quote I gather that a lot of things are still being worked on.

As for Guns already releasing a funny video, I do think the sense of humor of the masses has changed a lot since then. Not saying that it isn't funny at all but it's not the kind of humor I had in mind. I think the quirky and complex humor that has come along since the release of forty year old virgin and the rise of adult swim to popularity, not to mention shows like family guy and south park, and the way the internet has changed humor in general could be an interesting fit for a GNR video. Besides, I can see Axl doing a lot with a funny video when I take into consideration the more recent incarnations of his personality. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not saying there has to be a funny video or a video at all, but it does strike me as an entertaining possibility.

Baconman, if I am not mistaken Axl himself said that he thought the Guns videos were a little corny. I have never read that quote but I have heard it repeated a lot so it could or could not be true. I don't have anything against the old Guns videos, I actually really like them, but I think taking yourself super seriously is not as cool as it used to be. I'm sure it can still be cool if it's done right but I also feel it's good to be able to laugh at yourself or laugh in general and cheese it up a little from time to time. But if that is not how things play out this time I can't say I'll be disappointed. I'm just here brainstorming and shooting the shit is all.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 09:05:02 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 493 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: