Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 12:20:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 493 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1604791 times)
mortismurphy
« Reply #2100 on: November 21, 2014, 05:15:07 PM »

It is an extra bit of promotion, and might even be a chance to produce something artistic or amusing, but a video is not essential.

I agree. But do you watch music videos?

/jarmo

Not really but I do not think a gnr video would be aimed at me, someone who would buy a studio album by gnr anyways. They are there to pull in a few extra casuals.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #2101 on: November 21, 2014, 05:23:58 PM »

It is an extra bit of promotion, and might even be a chance to produce something artistic or amusing, but a video is not essential.

I agree. But do you watch music videos?

/jarmo

Not really but I do not think a gnr video would be aimed at me, someone who would buy a studio album by gnr anyways. They are there to pull in a few extra casuals.

Yeah, for those folks that are kind of curious about what became of GNR it would be nice to have a badass music video on hand to use as a means of filling them in. I feel it would help leave a good impression.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2102 on: November 22, 2014, 07:46:03 AM »

Yes, a great video helps to create awareness. And if you have a video, it'll get shared on social media by fans.

But, how many videos did you see recently where you weren't a fan of the artist, but someone told you to check out the music video because it's great?
Personally I just tend to check out the videos by artists I already like and own the music by.....

Just wondering out loud the importance of a video compared to say a radio single.... MTV used to rule, so videos were important.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2103 on: November 22, 2014, 07:50:04 AM »

Easier for a casual fan to stumble upon a new single on the radio than check out a video in 2014. 

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2104 on: November 22, 2014, 07:57:01 AM »

I'm kinda thinking that to be true as well. Unless the video goes viral for some reason.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #2105 on: November 22, 2014, 07:58:41 AM »

I can just speak for myself, but I don't listen to radios.

I used to when internet was not so huge or even didn't exist of course, but today?
I check Youtube, Spotify, Soundcloud or Deezer. I click on whatever seems interesting
on Facebook or Tweeter, good way to discover bands I don't know but my friends like.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2106 on: November 22, 2014, 08:01:02 AM »

I'm with you, rarely listen to the radio.

/jarmo

mortismurphy
« Reply #2107 on: November 22, 2014, 08:03:24 AM »

It all helps. A video might pull 25% of casuals in, to, 75% for radio and other items, but that is still 25%. As I said, I am not that concerned in a video per se but I definitely would prefer a more, normal, pre-album promotion from what we got with Chinese.
DeN
Legend

« Reply #2108 on: November 22, 2014, 08:04:56 AM »

maybe it would be different if I own a car, and live in a big country like the USA, probably.

but seeing Youtube launching Music Key, I'm sure I'm in the majority, for once.

GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #2109 on: November 22, 2014, 09:58:40 AM »

YouTube is the #1 music site.
An entire generation is missing out on the Beatles because they won't let their songs be on YouTube.

FM Radio -- at least in the United States -- is dominated by pop and country music. GN'R doesn't make those kinds of music.  peace

It doesn't have to be a fancy video, but there needs to be an official video, otherwise UziSuicidal LLC will have it taken down.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #2110 on: November 22, 2014, 03:13:37 PM »

I agree that a video won't make or break anything but I feel like it wouldn't hurt. Besides, I feel it's kind of part of the GNR tradition to make really awesome videos. At the same time, it may be expensive if they want to do it right and the results of the video may not be worth the price. I guess I don't know enough about that kind of thing to say, but I do know that if Guns released a single with a music video I would poop in the pants kind sirs.

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #2111 on: November 22, 2014, 05:59:32 PM »

Yes, a great video helps to create awareness. And if you have a video, it'll get shared on social media by fans.

But, how many videos did you see recently where you weren't a fan of the artist, but someone told you to check out the music video because it's great?
Personally I just tend to check out the videos by artists I already like and own the music by.....

Just wondering out loud the importance of a video compared to say a radio single.... MTV used to rule, so videos were important.

/jarmo

We have MTV, Kerrang, Vevo etc.. on all the time. I see kids watching videos too a lot of their phones. Also, music channels are very often watched by tourists as a lot of countries never have the right channels in hotels. You get a choice of a news channel or a music channel
DeN
Legend

« Reply #2112 on: November 22, 2014, 06:18:11 PM »

if I was GNR management, I'd choose a single between the new tracks, the catchier of course,
then I'll ask young-unknown-but-talented video artists to do some little videos with excerpts
of the single, and I'll post one every week on Vine until the whole thing will form a long video
and reveal the complete single.

not sure if I'm clear, but that's what I'd do  hihi

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #2113 on: November 23, 2014, 02:53:09 PM »

That's a unique idea Den, very creative. I think a full video may be more efficient though. People might be curious enough to see one Guns video but I doubt they'd stay tuned long enough to hear a song be revealed piece by piece.

I think a funny video would be a good idea. It would have the potential to take people by surprise and show them that Axl isn't someone that takes himself too seriously. Turn the misconceptions of him being this angry petty dude that storms off the stage all the time into something more appealing. I personally wouldn't see something like that coming. More chances of going viral (who doesn't like a well made funny youtube video?) and a good opportunity to show off his sense of humor. Bill Cosby could guest star in it!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 02:56:33 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2114 on: November 23, 2014, 08:19:39 PM »

What ever happened to the Better video..? It was up briefly, than gone...Anything to do w/ personal change?
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2115 on: November 24, 2014, 03:00:31 AM »

What ever happened to the Better video..? It was up briefly, than gone...Anything to do w/ personal change?

I don't know if was actually ever released. So I don't know what you mean by saying it was up than taken down.   I have seen small clips from what looked like it was going to be the better video.   It had some concert foftage from Europe it looked like.   I like these type of videos so I was looking forward to it.   

I have no idea why it was t released   I Remeber there being some claims that other band musicians were in it and we're not signing off on it, but I think that was false.  It was also around the time robin was leaving and he was in the video.  But again I don't know if that was the reason.    If I was just to guess at it I would say that time just moved on. Before you new it months had passed and the initial promotional window had expired    Time goes by very very fast   But now I don't know whAt would be stopping them from putting the video out there now, especially if it is done.   The only thing I could think of stopping this would be either it's not done or they just don't want it released      Would be cool to see though
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #2116 on: November 24, 2014, 08:29:34 AM »

I don't know what the record company or band is thinking.

I think it's an interesting discussion because there's all kinds of possibilities. With pros and cons.
Unlike only a few years ago when it was CD and iTunes.

/jarmo

You know what would be fun for the fans, and great publicity for the band? If they dropped a new song every week for 14 weeks. That way they could hold the public's attention for months, instead of a one-and-done stunt like U2 tried.
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2117 on: November 24, 2014, 09:35:27 AM »

I don't know what the record company or band is thinking.

I think it's an interesting discussion because there's all kinds of possibilities. With pros and cons.
Unlike only a few years ago when it was CD and iTunes.

/jarmo

You know what would be fun for the fans, and great publicity for the band? If they dropped a new song every week for 14 weeks. That way they could hold the public's attention for months, instead of a one-and-done stunt like U2 tried.

I like this idea
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2118 on: November 24, 2014, 10:14:49 AM »

Now THAT would be interesting, releasing a new song every week for 12-14 weeks.  Possibly with Axl, or band members, commenting on each track as they are released.  Talk about outside the box.  ok
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #2119 on: November 24, 2014, 10:18:17 AM »

As long as the release is mostly physical im happy, none spotify exclusive shit.
A USB wouldnt do it either for me.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 10:25:53 AM by rebelhipi » Logged

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R