Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:02:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1679537 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2000 on: December 16, 2013, 03:12:04 PM »

Oh, I understand the particulars and the motivations involved.

What I do not understand is how some fans are so beaten down they have stopped asking why things have to be so fucked up.  We don't ask it thinking we have the answers or that we can change it.  We are just amazed at fellow fans who have stopped asking such things, but even more so, how they find it so noble.  They take this perverse pride in never expecting anything.  Its weird.

Your problem, IMHO, is one of perception.  You choose to view fans who are relatively content as "beaten down".  It's more convenient to do that than to listen to the contrary opinion and search for some merit in it's basis...even if it's not your own. 

Many of us haven't stopped asking the question, per se...it's that we have the answer, and it hasn't (and isn't likely) to change.  So kvetching about it doesn't really accomplish anything except to beat on a "Dead Horse" (literally or figuratively).

I don't find it "noble"...by either side. It just is.  I think AXL thinks his goal is noble...sorry if that point didn't come across well.  I will tell you that I'm "frustrated" with both sides (though not to the extent, or in the same way, you are)...though my hate for the soul sucking industry music labels might mean my "frustration" prose is a bit less thinly veiled where they are concerned.  In truth, they're probably both acting like kindergartners fighting over a toy on the play mat.

There's no pride in having my opinion...again, only speaking for me.  It's just the way I feel.  Just like you're stating the way you feel.  From the flip side, though, you appear to take just as much, if not more,  "pride" in the "up the GnR Establishment/fuck Axl Rose/I've been irreparably harmed by a lack of new material" (more hyperbole..but just a bit Smiley  ) stance as anyone I've ever seen take pride in the contrary opinion.  So..you know...there's that.....
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 03:16:31 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2001 on: December 16, 2013, 03:33:05 PM »

It's not lazy.  It's how many of us feel. You don't agree.

You dismiss it as lazy and inaccurate because it's an easy way to dismiss a contrary opinion, without substance to refute it.  

Well, let me clarify.

Its not logical or at all plausible.  Are you SERIOUSLY arguing that myself, or anyone that asks these same questions, are we REALLY talking about any of this outside a GNR centric forum?  I mean, be serious.  Are we talking to our families about it?  Are we huddled in a dark corner rocking back and forth about it?  Of course not.

When we come to a GNR forum we talk about, you guessed it, GNR.  So on a given day, I might spend say, 13 total minutes of my 24 hours day on several GNR forums.  Of that time, I take maybe a total of 5 minutes to type a few responses to someone about the topic the board was set up for, that being GNR in this case.

Now, I ask you quite simply.  By doing this, I'm not "living my life"?  I took some time in between phone calls at work to type something on a fan message board, this means I'm obsessed and this issue dominates my everyday thinking?  I'm just howling mad about it and incapable of not letting it consume me?  Really, guy?

Its not a credible argument.  And its sole purpose seems to be to paint anyone like me as some sort of loser/lunatic that needs to get a grip.  Its not an honest position.  Its a false narrative that seems to be put forth by people that seem to think they are above it all by never asking a fellow fan a common question.  ANd anyone that does is some asshole that lives an unhappy life.

Come on now.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 03:34:38 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2002 on: December 16, 2013, 03:35:45 PM »

There's no pride in having my opinion...again, only speaking for me.  It's just the way I feel.  Just like you're stating the way you feel.  From the flip side, though, you appear to take just as much, if not more,  "pride" in the "up the GnR Establishment/fuck Axl Rose/I've been irreparably harmed by a lack of new material" (more hyperbole..but just a bit Smiley  ) stance as anyone I've ever seen take pride in the contrary opinion.  So..you know...there's that.....

That's only around here, in Stepfordville. 

Its certainly moreso than other places.  I post at MYGNR too, but I don't come across as many, let's call them, "true believers".

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #2003 on: December 16, 2013, 04:23:48 PM »

So, pilferk, in your opinion, the evil, profit-whoring record company is as much (if not more) to blame than the band/Axl in failing to release new music?  Sorry but I just don't buy that.  Of course the record company is interested in making a profit (hello, capitalism) but I just don't see that as a major reason for the lack of creative output here, and this comes from someone who's been on Team Axl from the beginning. 

How long has Axl and GnR had issues with the record company, or managers, promoters, dvd producers, etc.?  Since the beginning.  Are we to believe that for nearly 30 years the record company has engaged in a campaign against GnR?  I am not aware of any other band (you mentioned Green Day and Fiona Apple as isolated incidents) that has gone through so many problems with record companies and corporate execs.  It just seems like a great excuse as to why it's not happening.  And Axl making an altruistic stand for artists everywhere is laughable.

And, so we're all on the same page, Axl doesn't owe me shit.  The frustration comes from trying to figure out what this band is in 2013.  Is it a touring band that plays the hits, or is it a band wanting to create and release new music?  Pick a road and go down it.  Instead, we get excuses of "contractual issues", and statements from people here to "be happy with what you got" and "at least it's not 2003".
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2004 on: December 16, 2013, 05:47:17 PM »

It's not lazy.  It's how many of us feel. You don't agree.

You dismiss it as lazy and inaccurate because it's an easy way to dismiss a contrary opinion, without substance to refute it.  

Well, let me clarify.

Its not logical or at all plausible.  Are you SERIOUSLY arguing that myself, or anyone that asks these same questions, are we REALLY talking about any of this outside a GNR centric forum?  I mean, be serious.  Are we talking to our families about it?  Are we huddled in a dark corner rocking back and forth about it?  Of course not.

Saying it's not logical or plausible doesn't make it so. You just read a pretty detailed explanation, both logical and plausible, about some pretty compelling business reasons for something you deemed unlikely (if I do say so myself).

Do you really think everyone else...just because they happen to disagree...don't think things through? They're just coming to different conclusions.

When we come to a GNR forum we talk about, you guessed it, GNR.  So on a given day, I might spend say, 13 total minutes of my 24 hours day on several GNR forums.  Of that time, I take maybe a total of 5 minutes to type a few responses to someone about the topic the board was set up for, that being GNR in this case.

Now, I ask you quite simply.  By doing this, I'm not "living my life"?  I took some time in between phone calls at work to type something on a fan message board, this means I'm obsessed and this issue dominates my everyday thinking?  I'm just howling mad about it and incapable of not letting it consume me?  Really, guy?

Nope, and....for the record...point out where I ever made that accusation?

I said its true for me.

Because...well..it is.

The point I made...and you are ignoring..is that you called the opposing position...that i (in your space..."we") am content with the current product...lazy and inaccurate.  Not THEIR view of YOUR position. That's a different argument.

My opinion only applies to my opinion. It doesn't color yours. Remember, you are talking to ME. Not "us".

Its not a credible argument.  And its sole purpose seems to be to paint anyone like me as some sort of loser/lunatic that needs to get a grip.  Its not an honest position.  Its a false narrative that seems to be put forth by people that seem to think they are above it all by never asking a fellow fan a common question.  ANd anyone that does is some asshole that lives an unhappy life.

Come on now.

Pot. Kettle. Black. Wink

As you paint all those who hold a differing opinion as beaten down stepford sheep....simply because it's easier than the alternative.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 06:53:21 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2005 on: December 16, 2013, 05:59:20 PM »

So, pilferk, in your opinion, the evil, profit-whoring record company is as much (if not more) to blame than the band/Axl in failing to release new music?  Sorry but I just don't buy that.  Of course the record company is interested in making a profit (hello, capitalism) but I just don't see that as a major reason for the lack of creative output here, and this comes from someone who's been on Team Axl from the beginning. 

I don't know any more than you.  But it's plausible, and there is historical precedent. And keep in mind, my response was really geared toward the conceived album that the label would supposedly drop like a hot potato if only axl would deliver it. Not the 15 years leading up to cd.

As for fault %....I'm not going to even speculate. But it takes 2 to tango.

You seem to think I'm exhonerating axl. Far from it.  You might sense more vitriol for the label...that's just cause I've dealt with them, and hate them with a screaming passion. It's not because I think they are the root cause here, or they are the sum total for the lack of output.

No, they are just evil, in general. Smiley

How long has Axl and GnR had issues with the record company, or managers, promoters, dvd producers, etc.?  Since the beginning.  Are we to believe that for nearly 30 years the record company has engaged in a campaign against GnR?  I am not aware of any other band (you mentioned Green Day and Fiona Apple as isolated incidents) that has gone through so many problems with record companies and corporate execs.  It just seems like a great excuse as to why it's not happening.  And Axl making an altruistic stand for artists everywhere is laughable.

Again, you're implying malicious intent by the label, and I specifically addressed that. I don't think ther is a campaign, just circumstance at odds with axl's desires.

There have been many artists with label issues. Prince, billy Joel, and many more. They happen. You can say they are isolated, but that ignores the very real point that.....singular or not ( and usually because the artist leaves..but not always)...they occur. Period.

Again, whether you or I think axl is making an altruistic, noble stand ( for the record, not my opinion) the point is Axl does. Really, that's all that matters to the outcome.

As I said, both sides behaving badly.

And, so we're all on the same page, Axl doesn't owe me shit.  The frustration comes from trying to figure out what this band is in 2013.  Is it a touring band that plays the hits, or is it a band wanting to create and release new music?  Pick a road and go down it.  Instead, we get excuses of "contractual issues", and statements from people here to "be happy with what you got" and "at least it's not 2003".

See, that I get. The terrible communication is something that I take issue with, too.  And they have said they will do better. So now we have a realistic expectation that they do better. If not, THEN we definitely have another bad is for kvetching.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 06:49:47 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2006 on: December 16, 2013, 06:03:28 PM »

That's only around here, in Stepfordville. 

Its certainly moreso than other places.  I post at MYGNR too, but I don't come across as many, let's call them, "true believers".

Even the true believers don't seem to wear the badge as "out front" in martyrdom than some on htgth. The crusade to change minds and bring down the "evil regime" of jarmo and his army of content fans is really something to watch....

When, at the root, we are all fans who just see things a bit differently.

But, ya know, it's good spectacle.....

And, before you respond...no, I don't see the "pride" on the flip side. Some of the same combativeness...but not the pride.

Together again,
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2007 on: December 16, 2013, 09:07:23 PM »

I'm sorry, but I really don't get how Beyonce can drop a surprise album and Axl can't do an album with this band in a reasonable time frame. It's just beyond comprehension. Axl will always be one of my childhood idols (along with Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Steven), but he has to grow a set. What I miss most about the original lineup of GNR was Axl's attitude. He took  the world by storm and was HUNGRY! The guy has a plethora amount of talent, but isn't using it. Whether it's fear, the dispute between him and the record, or whatever it is, he's wasting valuable time. Time is the most valuable commodity we have as humans and it's really sad to see that he's wasting this. 
gnrfan1797
« Reply #2008 on: December 16, 2013, 11:50:47 PM »

I guess my biggest question is What makes any of you think that Axl owes us anything? I read time and time again that " We deserve this and that" but why feel like we are deserving. If anyone here is in a band, ( I myself am in a small bar band) Why do you start a band? It's not about entitlement, it's about doing something you want. Hey that's great if people dig what your playing and want more, but to be deserving of anything is just plain outrageous. I for one as a fan of gnr will wait as long as it takes and not bitch about it. When he's ready he's ready. We can all speculate to this and that but no one knows what's going on in Axl's head but Axl. These discussions are turning in to all speculation and hey that's great if you like talking about the same stuff over and over again

And come one really, what's with the comparisons to beyonce?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #2009 on: December 17, 2013, 12:06:27 AM »

I'm sorry, but I really don't get how Beyonce can drop a surprise album and Axl can't do an album with this band in a reasonable time frame. It's just beyond comprehension. Axl will always be one of my childhood idols (along with Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Steven), but he has to grow a set. What I miss most about the original lineup of GNR was Axl's attitude. He took  the world by storm and was HUNGRY! The guy has a plethora amount of talent, but isn't using it. Whether it's fear, the dispute between him and the record, or whatever it is, he's wasting valuable time. Time is the most valuable commodity we have as humans and it's really sad to see that he's wasting this. 

You've heard Beyonce, right?  You realize she doesn't write her material, correct?  I want a new GNR album as much as you do (if not more) but I don't want someone writing it for them...and I sure as heck don't want crap.
 peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #2010 on: December 17, 2013, 09:46:27 AM »

I guess my biggest question is What makes any of you think that Axl owes us anything? I read time and time again that " We deserve this and that" but why feel like we are deserving. If anyone here is in a band, ( I myself am in a small bar band) Why do you start a band? It's not about entitlement, it's about doing something you want. Hey that's great if people dig what your playing and want more, but to be deserving of anything is just plain outrageous. I for one as a fan of gnr will wait as long as it takes and not bitch about it. When he's ready he's ready. We can all speculate to this and that but no one knows what's going on in Axl's head but Axl. These discussions are turning in to all speculation and hey that's great if you like talking about the same stuff over and over again

I don't recall many threads where people state they "deserve" anything from Axl. It's not unusual for a fan to desire new music from their favorite band.
It is however unusual for an active band to not create and release new music, so I understand why some fans would be curious as to the reasons.

It's hard for some, if not all people to understand Axl's motives.
Why keep the band going all these years with so many supposed forces working against him?
If it was so important to keep the band going, why wasn't their more effort to mend fences with the other architects?
Maybe it was beyond his control? or maybe there was a desire to take GN'R's music in directions others weren't comfortable?
Maybe it was just time for a change?

GN'R has had multiple facelifts over the years. Why the turnover in personnel? Why did people leave over creative stagnation?
Why is at least one current member complaining it's still there?

Did Axl ever really desire to make new music?
If so, what happened? Where is it?

Was the plan to turn GN'R into a touring act? If so, mission accomplished Hard to fathom that was the goal, but I'll admit it's getting easier to believe as years go by.

In hindsight, was it worth it? Did he make the right call(s). I'd be curious to know if Axl is happy with the results, if he wishes he'd done things differently, or if he's made the best out of a difficult situation.

Do I expect to ever have these questions answered?
No, I don't expect anything from whats become of Guns N' Roses these days, and I'm totally at peace with that.
I'm forever grateful for the amazing music Axl did help create.

If something new materializes, great! Until then, there's questions, rumors , speculation, and a fuck ton of touring.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #2011 on: December 17, 2013, 10:11:08 AM »

I don't recall many threads where people state they "deserve" anything from Axl. It's not unusual for a fan to desire new music from their favorite band.
It is however unusual for an active band to not create and release new music, so I understand why some fans would be curious as to the reasons.

Why keep the band going all these years with so many supposed forces working against him?
If it was so important to keep the band going, why wasn't their more effort to mend fences with the other architects?
Maybe it was beyond his control? or maybe there was a desire to take GN'R's music in directions others weren't comfortable?

GN'R has had multiple facelifts over the years. Why the turnover in personnel? Why did people leave over creative stagnation?

Was the plan to turn GN'R into a touring act? If so, mission accomplished Hard to fathom that was the goal, but I'll admit it's getting easier to believe as years go by.

In hindsight, was it worth it? Did he make the right call(s). I'd be curious to know if Axl is happy with the results, if he wishes he'd done things differently, or if he's made the best out of a difficult situation.

No, I don't expect anything from whats become of Guns N' Roses these days, and I'm totally at peace with that.

If something new materializes, great! Until then, there's questions, rumors , speculation, and a fuck ton of touring.

Well said.  Why do people always go to the "you don't deserve anything well" when people express (very reasonable) opinions questioning what's going on?  Of course we don't deserve new music, and we're not entitled to anything...but this is (supposedly) a band, and bands do typically create music.  It's not crazy to want your favorite band to release new music...unless, of course, they're not really a band (but a touring act), or not interested in making new music.  Instead of answering that fundamental question, we get excuses as to why it can't be answered, with blame typically put on the "corporate fat cats."

I also think it's a stretch to say there are many (outside of a few here) content GnR fans.  You cannot reasonably look at the current state (or the past couple years) and say"yeah, things are good."  I will say that, based on the recent news, I am cautiously optomistic about 2014. 
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2012 on: December 17, 2013, 10:59:29 AM »

Perhaps a problem with having a band that does not have a financial share in the back catalogue is that you have to keep touring to keep paying them.  Otherwise, they would need to go off and do something else to continue to earn a living, possible causing the group to disband.   If they take an extended period of time, say a year, to make an album, who pays the band members for that time?  The record company?  Axl out of his own pocket?  My guess is that the record company paid them during the years of CD recording and now is not willing to do so.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2013 on: December 17, 2013, 01:57:51 PM »

Well said.  Why do people always go to the "you don't deserve anything well" when people express (very reasonable) opinions questioning what's going on?  Of course we don't deserve new music, and we're not entitled to anything...but this is (supposedly) a band, and bands do typically create music.  It's not crazy to want your favorite band to release new music...unless, of course, they're not really a band (but a touring act), or not interested in making new music.  Instead of answering that fundamental question, we get excuses as to why it can't be answered, with blame typically put on the "corporate fat cats."

I also think it's a stretch to say there are many (outside of a few here) content GnR fans.  You cannot reasonably look at the current state (or the past couple years) and say"yeah, things are good."  I will say that, based on the recent news, I am cautiously optomistic about 2014. 

It's funny...because....he just said what I've been saying, slightly differently phrased...and yet you take the piss out of fans being content.  I'm not sure what else this means:

That's pretty much my definition of "content".  Happy with what's out there, happy if there is more, but expecting nothing.  I'd love more information...about lots of stuff...but have no expectation I'll ever get it.

You're looking at 2 or 3 years of production and basing your "discontent" on it.  I'm looking at over 25 years of production....and basing my sense of satisfaction on that.

I have no issue with "I wants" and "I would dig" and the like.  Or even theorycrafting about "what ifs".  They're fun discussions and part of the point of fandom.

My issue is when people start saying "Axl should" or "Axl shouldn't" or making blanket declarations about Axl's state of being...and then suffixes it all with the obligatory lip service of what THEY want, and how since it's not getting done, and done in the way and time frame they want it done, the whole shooting match is an epic Axl failure..and then put the black hat squarely on his head.

There's a big difference, there. 

One is your personal desire.  The other sets an expectation of someone based wholly on your own desire for them to give you something you want. And then, WORSE, holding them accountable to that expectation.

And that's not to say Axl doesn't deserve his share of criticism.  He does, for sure.  But...just not like that.  At least not IMHO.

The only point on which LongDayGone and I part company in his comments?  His recollection of people/posts saying they "deserve" new music...or are "owed" something.  They're out there, both explicit and implied.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 02:14:21 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2014 on: December 17, 2013, 02:20:49 PM »

Axl's own comments on (not) being bipolar:

?I?ve not been diagnosed as being bipolar though many misconstrue statements I made earlier as alluding to such and unfortunately there?s been an abundance of misguided or unqualified speculation of various events, but I definitely can relate to needing my own space,
In my world, all bipolar means (and not to offend or make light of those suffering from a genuine condition or involved with those who are) is that someone can try to take cheap uneducated shots or try to claim I'm bipolar thus justifying why they should get paid a financial settlement for whatever nonsense they're up to. Fortunately that hasn't proved successful."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/axl-rose-breaks-silence-on-chinese-democracy-original-gn-r-reunion-dr-pepper-and-brian-may/
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 02:22:26 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2015 on: December 17, 2013, 03:09:41 PM »

Axl's own comments on (not) being bipolar:

?I?ve not been diagnosed as being bipolar though many misconstrue statements I made earlier as alluding to such and unfortunately there?s been an abundance of misguided or unqualified speculation of various events, but I definitely can relate to needing my own space,
In my world, all bipolar means (and not to offend or make light of those suffering from a genuine condition or involved with those who are) is that someone can try to take cheap uneducated shots or try to claim I'm bipolar thus justifying why they should get paid a financial settlement for whatever nonsense they're up to. Fortunately that hasn't proved successful."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/axl-rose-breaks-silence-on-chinese-democracy-original-gn-r-reunion-dr-pepper-and-brian-may/
Yeah, I was going to say, I was pretty sure he cleared that up during the chats.  Thanks for finding the quote.  ok

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2016 on: December 17, 2013, 07:25:38 PM »

The point that I was trying to make with Beyonce is that Axl has so much talent and he is letting it all go to waste. I don't like Beyonce's music, but at least she's not letting time and talent go to waste. It's sort of sad that Axl just isn't using the talent and time. Please don't give me that  "The fans feel that they are owed an album" excuse. I think that's just an excuse that's been going on too much here in this forum.

If you have the talent don't let it go to waste. That's all I'm saying. I do think that Axl seems a bit happier now, but I just don't see that fight in him that he had when he was younger.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2017 on: December 17, 2013, 10:23:22 PM »

The point that I was trying to make with Beyonce is that Axl has so much talent and he is letting it all go to waste. I don't like Beyonce's music, but at least she's not letting time and talent go to waste. It's sort of sad that Axl just isn't using the talent and time. Please don't give me that  "The fans feel that they are owed an album" excuse. I think that's just an excuse that's been going on too much here in this forum.

If you have the talent don't let it go to waste. That's all I'm saying. I do think that Axl seems a bit happier now, but I just don't see that fight in him that he had when he was younger.
I'm not sure the details of the surprise album dropped by Beyonce.  Was it done with label approval or independently?  Either way, she's one of the few artists that can sell anything and do no wrong these days.  Axl and GNR do not fall into that category.  At this point, I don't think there would be a way for them to do something like that.  They're contractually tied to Universal and they don't seem all that interested in funding another album.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2018 on: December 18, 2013, 01:05:26 AM »

The straight comparisons to Beyonc? don't work, I agree. 

No one is saying do what she did.  She's one of the biggest stars in the world.  And she's a corporation unto herself. 

But I do think if Axl told the label he wanted to release something next 12-18 months, the label would be supportive.  Why not?  The lion's share of the work is already done, those bills already paid.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2019 on: December 18, 2013, 08:49:54 AM »

The straight comparisons to Beyonc? don't work, I agree. 

No one is saying do what she did.  She's one of the biggest stars in the world.  And she's a corporation unto herself. 

But I do think if Axl told the label he wanted to release something next 12-18 months, the label would be supportive.  Why not?  The lion's share of the work is already done, those bills already paid.
true, but I think (obviously don't know) that Axl probably wants label support in the rollout and thereafter to a level they're not willing to match. They realize a new album from Guns N' Roses isn't going to light up the charts most likely, few rock albums do these days. They'd rather dump money and attention to the pop acts who offer a better return on investment. And ultimately they probably don't feel like they need to do Axl any favors and wouldn't mind making things hard on him with the hope that he gives up and gets Slash back into the fold.

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: