Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 07:13:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1678620 times)
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #1260 on: March 19, 2013, 07:28:35 PM »

After reading what bumblefoot has said to the press recently with his frustration with not recording anything new(or even going to the studio) I cant see a new album being released before 2015...its a bummer.   And as much as I love Chinese democracy it didn't do great sales wise(I think it debuted at # 3 in the U.S)  I think a lot of the sales it did have were out of curiosity, and I don't think the general pubic or casual fans will have that curiosity for the next album...

That's the whole point though, I think that the next album will actually feature almost all CD era tracks which already have been written/recorded by Finck, Bucket and Brain. That's how an album could come out within the next 1 - 2 years, and that's why I believe Axl is in no hurry to get this band writing songs or recording together... because he knows he has the next album already done creativity wise.  yes (of course this is my opinion, but I would say judging by Rons comments, a very educated one at that)

And regarding it's success, I don't give a crap... it will always be a success to me. Times have changed, unfortunately an album being artisticly amazing and musically brilliant, and also being in the top 5 in the charts are no longer linked in 2013.  Tongue
Shredder
Opening Act

« Reply #1261 on: March 19, 2013, 07:52:00 PM »

I agree, times have changed...  No matter how great the follow up to C.D is I think it will flop and Axl will have to rely on the "nostalgia" market of touring(which is going to be hard to do without the original line up)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1262 on: March 19, 2013, 08:00:37 PM »

Sadly, (and I'm amazed I'm saying this after all the years waiting for CD) I, personally, don't think I'll ever hear more material from Guns N Roses- my favourite band. If it does happen, it would be great, I'd love to hear it, but I don't think it will happen.

I'd love to be proved wrong- but I've acknowledged to myself that I have the albums they've recorded, and I'll probably get to see them live a couple more times in the UK. I don't expect anything more.

I do think it's sad- as I think the band are tight, the sound is good, and it seems a waste of the dynamic not to have a go at something, but there we go. For reasons we can only speculate on, it's not happening - as proved to us by Ron. Time to accept it, enjoy what recorded output we DO have, and get on with things.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1263 on: March 19, 2013, 08:01:49 PM »

And as much as I love Chinese democracy it didn't do great sales wise(I think it debuted at # 3 in the U.S)  I think a lot of the sales it did have were out of curiosity, and I don't think the general pubic or casual fans will have that curiosity for the next album...

I think those same general public/casual fans not only had their curiosity satisfied when CD was released but also with all the touring and interviews and (for lack of a better word) "publicity" the band has generated since then, GNR has shown to both casual n' hardcore fans what they bring to the table.

Just imagine a new release with GNR 'happy and supportive'* of how/when/what it is being released??  drool

*IMO, if GNR were to release an album of what's already in the vault, I think Ron will put his 'new creation frustration' aside and be 'happy and supportive' because Ron's priority seems to be to give us fans what we want ... and a big part of what we want is a new album!

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Shredder
Opening Act

« Reply #1264 on: March 19, 2013, 08:13:38 PM »

I think it comes down to whether the songs are there or not, some people may say "axl is a perfectionist and when the time is right the time is right" but I think that's a load of shit. If the songs were there and Axl and the powers that be were confident in them then they would be released.  The guy is only human tho, and maybe he just cant come up with songs anymore...
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1265 on: March 19, 2013, 08:21:02 PM »

I think it comes down to whether the songs are there or not, some people may say "axl is a perfectionist and when the time is right the time is right" but I think that's a load of shit. If the songs were there and Axl and the powers that be were confident in them then they would be released.  The guy is only human tho, and maybe he just cant come up with songs anymore...

Sounds like you just came here to be negative.

IMHO, GNR proved "the songs are there" when CD was released.  We know there are 3, 4 or more albums worth of material available.  So what it comes down to is the how/when/what it is to be released.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Shredder
Opening Act

« Reply #1266 on: March 19, 2013, 08:25:15 PM »

I didn't come here to be negative, im just sharing my opinion...Im alittle frustrated at the wait.  If we all had the same opinion then things would be boring wouldn't they?
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1267 on: March 19, 2013, 08:39:47 PM »

If the songs were there and Axl and the powers that be were confident in them then they would be released.  The guy is only human tho, and maybe he just cant come up with songs anymore...

I too am only sharing my opinion.  Smiley

And IMO, you saying that GNR can't bring it anymore is negative and wrong ..... especially seeing that we've already heard what they bring with the release of CD.

IMO, since the stuff we've already got with CD is that good, I'd love to hear what else they've got for us.  But I can wait for the next album to be released when the band feels the circumstances/situation is right.

Shredder
Opening Act

« Reply #1268 on: March 19, 2013, 09:08:34 PM »

CD is great, but that was 5 years ago and with different players(finck, buckethead, brain) As a fan im frustrated, I want new music. That's why im a fan, for the music! After reading bbf's recent interview I know im not alone.  A band is only as good as the music their putting out.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #1269 on: March 19, 2013, 09:23:36 PM »

the only big problem could be the frustration to have a "new" LP
who is in fact full of songs composed and played by a different band.

that's kinda what Bumble said, looks like the current line up is a touring
band and the ones who did the job left.

so I suppose there will be half of what some people called "CDII" and half
of complete new stuff by the current band.

if there's another album, of course.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1270 on: March 19, 2013, 09:33:48 PM »

Maybe it'll be both!  Cheesy

CDII "SOON"..... then the one created by the current band to follow when ready.  ok

Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1271 on: March 19, 2013, 10:17:54 PM »

After reading what bumblefoot has said to the press recently with his frustration with not recording anything new(or even going to the studio) I cant see a new album being released before 2015...its a bummer.   And as much as I love Chinese democracy it didn't do great sales wise(I think it debuted at # 3 in the U.S)  I think a lot of the sales it did have were out of curiosity, and I don't think the general pubic or casual fans will have that curiosity for the next album...

I don't care much for sales figures (although I am sure Guns think different) I am more intrigued by what THIS band can create if afforded the opportunity.
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #1272 on: March 20, 2013, 01:28:34 AM »

Hopefully the experience of recording the next album is much better.
bicycle handgrenade
Headliner

« Reply #1273 on: March 20, 2013, 03:16:11 AM »

CD is great, but that was 5 years ago and with different players(finck, buckethead, brain) As a fan im frustrated, I want new music. That's why im a fan, for the music! After reading bbf's recent interview I know im not alone.  A band is only as good as the music their putting out.

Finck only had one writing credit on the album. Buckethead only three.

Axl Rose is the primary songwriter in Guns N' Roses and has been since 1985.

If Axl, Dizzy, Tommy and Chris wrote songs for Finck & Bucket to play on and Finck & Bucket leave, what's wrong with Bumble & DJ now playing on those songs instead?

Why should Axl, Dizzy, Tommy and Chris start over? Especially if there are songs they are still very passionate about and would like to complete with Bumble & DJ for release?
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #1274 on: March 20, 2013, 07:35:16 AM »

If Axl, Dizzy, Tommy and Chris wrote songs for Finck & Bucket to play on and Finck & Bucket leave, what's wrong with Bumble & DJ now playing on those songs instead?

Why should Axl, Dizzy, Tommy and Chris start over? Especially if there are songs they are still very passionate about and would like to complete with Bumble & DJ for release?
That's actually false, Robin never had only 1 credit on Chinese Democracy. In the unreleased correct version of the booklet, Robin had around 7 credits. With other members of the band receiving much more credits than what appeared on the released booklet.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1275 on: March 20, 2013, 07:36:25 AM »

If they are very "passionate" about this material, than it should be coming out sometime...

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #1276 on: March 20, 2013, 09:34:34 AM »

Maybe it'll be both!  Cheesy

CDII "SOON"..... then the one created by the current band to follow when ready.  ok

that's the most positive scenario, hope that Axl will read you. Wink

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #1277 on: March 20, 2013, 10:20:19 AM »

According to ASCAP....the writing credits for Chinese are as follows...we looked this up over at GnrEvolution....

Axl has 14 writing credits
Robin has 7
Paul Tobias has 7
Dizzy has 6
Tommy has 5
Bucket has 3
Mother Goose has 2
Brain has 2
Freese has 1
Martin Luther King has 1....literally  Wink

Grin

just for the record
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 10:22:05 AM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #1278 on: March 20, 2013, 10:21:56 AM »

I'm not sure the general public would know the difference between 'new' songs created by the old band or 'new' songs created by the new band! Especially if its not called 'Chinese Democracy 2'.

A single by the new band would be cool, kind of like 'Doom and Gloom' to support the US gigs. But I'm pumped for hearing the general and all of those 'darker' tracks that were talked about

Here today...ready to rock
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #1279 on: March 20, 2013, 10:37:33 AM »

I think the darker tracks are the Beltrami tracks he mentioned in an interview....yes, I would love to hear these......

"GNR was sort of just work for hire. I met with Axl and he played me these songs, asked me my ideas about them, and I told him what I thought they needed. They gave me four songs to orchestrate. A song called 'Seven,' which is the one  I actually wrote a guitar part on. There was one called 'Thyme,' one called 'The General,' one called 'Leave Me Alone.'" (Marco Beltrami, IGN, 07/20/03)

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: