Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2024, 11:13:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228155 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 493 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1606434 times)
bicycle handgrenade
Headliner

« Reply #1160 on: March 03, 2013, 12:24:44 PM »

Plus the band teased the song in Tokyo in December.
AXLGNR123
Opening Act

« Reply #1161 on: March 03, 2013, 03:32:51 PM »

Plus the band teased the song in Tokyo in December.

What song?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1162 on: March 04, 2013, 03:37:07 PM »

Some new info, people. First post updated, the new parts in this post.

Ron was on a webstream tonight (http://www.ustream.tv/EatMoreHeat), where he talked a little bit about GN'R.

Here's some new information on a couple songs:

Atlas Shrugged
* Ron said it almost made it on Chinese Democracy, but it would've taken the album past the 74 minute mark.
* Ron has done a solo for this song.
* Ron said it'll be going on Chinese Democracy 2.

The General
* Ron thinks this is an interesting song.

Going Down
* (Co?-)written by Tommy Stinson
* Features Tommy on vocals and Axl on main chorus
* Ron has described the song as "slower paced".
* Ron has described the song as "acoustic-ey" - something that Bob Dylan could have done.

A big thank you to brainsaber, joaofranpinto and ChrisMaciel over at MyGNR who posted the info!

Interesting he said 'chinese democracy 2' like its planned out.
Right.  He could just be using that title to refer to the "next album", as in it's still considered as part of the Chinese Democracy era.  But it still could have a completely different title.  Though it still sounds as if the next album will be material written from that era and not music from the current incarnation.  Which I have no problem with, but I'd like to hear some more encouraging news about THIS group writing music together.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
rendestroi95
Rocker

You Know Where You Are?? No?? Okay :(

« Reply #1163 on: March 05, 2013, 06:13:02 PM »

Sad to hear this :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbI95OEVF0k

it's happening
LuanVictor
Headliner

« Reply #1164 on: March 05, 2013, 06:26:03 PM »

Really sad. It's a shame that seems like we will not hear any new music soon.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1165 on: March 05, 2013, 06:27:20 PM »

He's saying the same thing he's said before.

Nothing new there.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1166 on: March 05, 2013, 06:32:57 PM »

I imagine The problem lies is that gnr has that many members that live all over the US that the only time they are together they are on tour. When they are on tour they are busy travelling and rehearsing for the shows so its not the best place for the band to get stuff done. I still think vages would have been the best scenario though as no travel and in california.

With reguards to the old material, perhaps most of the romoured titles weren't as 'solid' to be placed on chinese which is why we have never heard them.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1167 on: March 05, 2013, 06:50:57 PM »

I think there's different ways to look at this. I'm not in a band and I don't write music, so I'm totally speaking as a music fan...

From my little understanding on how bands work, there's either one main song writer who writes a majority of the songs and presents them to the band when it's time to record. GN'R isn't really this kind of band.
Or you sit together and write the songs. With GN'R, the songs are brought in and worked on together.

Now, imagine if you go for that approach. You have the band writing songs together. That can also be done in different ways. The whole band doesn't have to do it at the same time in the same place. Do you need all eight people in the same room to write songs?

You can have whoever working with somebody else or in small group(s). Bumblefoot could write a riff, show it to Frank and Tommy. Then they work on it and bring in the rest of the band. Maybe Tommy has a song idea, maybe Dizzy has worked on one with Dj! Who knows... I think you get the idea.

So, as far as I know, the whole "we haven't sat as a band together to write songs" doesn't necessarily mean that much. Through the history of the band, none of the albums were all written by the band members in the studio together. Appetite, Lies and Use Your Illusion had songs on them that existed in some shape before GN'R existed. Chinese Democracy was also written with different people.

According to Bumblefoot, they haven't worked on new songs as a band. But that doesn't mean there's no songs that could end up on the next album. Dj has mentioned writing a bunch of stuff. I wonder if Bumblefoot has done the same? Nobody ever asked him if he's written anything that he would present to the band...

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 06:59:07 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1168 on: March 05, 2013, 07:37:59 PM »

I'll admit he doesn't sound too optimistic in this interview.  I believe from March 1st.

And this is sort of a bold thing to say... Undecided

"I'm the only one who doesn't bullshit you people about it."

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1169 on: March 05, 2013, 07:43:38 PM »

He doesn't sound too happy. I agree with Bumblefoot. Make music with this band.
AXLGNR123
Opening Act

« Reply #1170 on: March 05, 2013, 08:00:32 PM »

It's kind of sad to think we won't be getting new GN'R music anytime soon. Not to mention it doesn't seem like none of the members have a clue what's going on in the band. Bumblefoot seems pessimistic about new music, while Richard seems optimistic, Dizzy say's the same stuff every interview, and DJ doesn't seem like he's knows how Axl operates.

Isn't this a rock band, shouldn't they all have a clear idea about new music? 
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1171 on: March 05, 2013, 08:06:49 PM »

"I just texted... I hit up Axl again 2 days ago.  I was like 'aye, while we're in Australia let's make some music.  Let's work on some stuff'..."

Wonder if Axl replied to that text.

IMO, Ron doesn't seem to realize how much a lot of us fans have been looking forward to hearing that "old material from a band that doesn't exist any more" performed by him, them or whomever happens to be in GNR at the time it's recorded for release.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
AXLGNR123
Opening Act

« Reply #1172 on: March 05, 2013, 08:16:10 PM »

According to Bumblefoot, they haven't worked on new songs as a band. But that doesn't mean there's no songs that could end up on the next album. Dj has mentioned writing a bunch of stuff. I wonder if Bumblefoot has done the same? Nobody ever asked him if he's written anything that he would present to the band...

/jarmo

I asked Bumbefoot when he was in the MyGN'R chatroom last year about when's the last time he worked on a song for GN'R. here's his answer.

GNR123 - in 2008 I laid some ideas for a song that might have also been on Chi Dem but the CD would have exceeded the disc minute length.....

So, the last time he supposedly recorded music for GN'R was in 2008.

There's also this quote too:

I haven't recorded anything or written anything, 1) I really want to do it WITH the band, 2) I *needed* time off to take care of my life. Family, health, etc.

So, I don't think he's written anything. This is only 6 months ago, so I can't see him working on material in 6 months that could be ready for a GN'R album.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1173 on: March 05, 2013, 08:20:28 PM »

Well I think we'd all sign for any kind of release...cuz we are all Axl rose fans but you can't blame Ron for wanting to write new songs ... He's been in the band for what 7 years?

The whole thing makes me shake my head....

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1174 on: March 05, 2013, 08:22:26 PM »

There's also this quote too:

I haven't recorded anything or written anything, 1) I really want to do it WITH the band, 2) I *needed* time off to take care of my life. Family, health, etc.

Ok, so he seems to have a different approach compared to how GN'R has worked so far.

/jarmo

old_at_heart
Opening Act

« Reply #1175 on: March 05, 2013, 08:41:21 PM »

I think the impetus to work on any new material must come from Axl. If Axl says, hey guys lets go into a studio and record some stuff or re-work some older CD songs, whatever, the rest of the band would do it. I don't buy the whole it's hard to schedule time to do this. They can schedule multi-date tours all over the world and they can't get a week down in a studio? In my opinion, I think Axl holds all the power and it is up to him for this band to record.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #1176 on: March 05, 2013, 08:44:17 PM »

I think we all know that Ron has been feeling like this for ages now, and it's really sad as a GN'R fan to see. He really just wants to make music with these guys, but for some reason it "never happens", for whatever reason. I'm not in the band either, but I'm not going to try to make excuses or to try to work out what's going on, but nobody can deny that Ron seems to be getting more and more distraught by this situation.

Whatever problems are going on with the record company and contracts, or whatever. How can that stop the band from getting in a room together to record, for the sake of "being a band"?... I don't get it.

I think it's obvious that for whatever reason, Axl is not willing to make new music with this band than some of the bandmembers are. I don't know why that is, whether Axl knows that he is going to use all of the CD era songs already recorded, or what....

But in any case, Ron is a great musician, and that quote about him being the only one to "not bullshit" us... is very honest indeed. Thanks for being TRUE Ron.  ok
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 08:48:45 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
AXLGNR123
Opening Act

« Reply #1177 on: March 05, 2013, 09:10:02 PM »

I think the impetus to work on any new material must come from Axl. If Axl says, hey guys lets go into a studio and record some stuff or re-work some older CD songs, whatever, the rest of the band would do it. I don't buy the whole it's hard to schedule time to do this. They can schedule multi-date tours all over the world and they can't get a week down in a studio? In my opinion, I think Axl holds all the power and it is up to him for this band to record.

I agree.

If there's no intentions to release music in the near future (or even the future) than why should the band record and write songs for GN'R? When it's quite clear that the frontman (and the man in charge) Axl Rose, doesn't seem to want to put out new music.

People can make up all the excuses they want, the point is if Axl wanted to release new music, we would get new music. I can't see the record company being any more of a problem than Axl himself. He's the one that held them up for 14 years and 14 millions dollars, it's not out of the question to think that maybe they don't want to help Axl anymore because their afraid he'll pull the same stuff on them again. Or maybe Axl isn't able to meet with the record company "half-way" and make a deal. Maybe he wants this big elaborate scheme of promotion and the record company are afraid he'll go MIA like he did when Chinese Democracy came out? I'm just speculating, but it's possible.

And it's annoying too, to have to speculate, and wish, and guess, and hope that we might get new music one day from my favorite band and frontman. I'm just an Axl Rose fan, and I would love nothing more than to get new music from him. Unfortunately, for some unknown reason, it's pretty much impossible for the band to act like a normal rock band. When you have bands like Bon Jovi and Metiallca, and pretty much every other fuckin' rock band out there filling the fans in on what's going on with new music, us GN'R fans are left in the dark and guessing. Hell, the band doesn't even seem like they know what's going on a pertains to new music.

Before, Axl seemingly had fire and determination to move forward with GN'R and move this band out of the old bands shadow. To show the world that he doesn't need Slash and the old band to be successful and popular. We were getting new music, Chinese Democracy was inevitable, we were getting leaks. Stuff was happening as regards to new music. Now, Axl's (IMO) lost the fire. And ,instead of moving on with the new band, their just along for the ride. Instead of making stuff new, they'll just cover music they had fuck all to do with. And people an call me negative or what have you, but it's the truth. I just want this band to record and release new music. Or put of the music from the Buckethead/Finck era. Or a boxset. Or a single. Or just give us some fuckin' news about what we can expect as regards to new music. Every members say's something completely different from the other, it's annoying. I want this band to move forward. I'm afraid the longer they go without new material, the more of a chance Bumblefoot or DJ might leave because I highly doubt they signed on to GN'R to be a cover band. Their musicians, and they write music. If they can't write music for GN'R, it wouldn't shock me if they went somewhere else. And they wouldn't be the first one's to leave because of nothing getting done? Remember Buckethead? Or Robin Finck? 

And don't act like I'm not a true fan because I called them a cover band. I would easily drop 100 bucks to see the band live. I would easily drop 100 bucks for a box-set, or 30 dollars for a new album. Axl Rose s my favorite musician, probably of all time. I as big of a GN'R fans as every else on here. I just want to the band to evolve, to have their own identity. I want to get new music from my favorite band, that's all there is too it really. I understand this is HTGTH and it's probably the most positive GN'R forum there is, but I'm just being realistic and throwing speculation in a time of doubt and hope. 
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 09:27:36 PM by AXLGNR123 » Logged
NickyGNR
Opening Act

« Reply #1178 on: March 05, 2013, 09:24:56 PM »

Why can't people just be content? This is the strongest lineup we've ever had.  Axl seems happy and we finally have a real manager.  beer
AXLGNR123
Opening Act

« Reply #1179 on: March 05, 2013, 09:32:55 PM »

Why can't people just be content? This is the strongest lineup we've ever had.  Axl seems happy and we finally have a real manager.  beer

Content? Yeah, one album in 20 years without nothing new on the horizon, we should really be content about that. 

Sure, we finally have a real manager, but what will Beta being to the table which the other managers haven't? In fact, I don't think it's a big positive that Beta and her family are now the managers. Nothing against them personally, I just don't think they'll be "up to the task" of pushing Axl to record or release new music. In fact, I don't know who would be. But I don't think it's means we'll be getting new music and the like anytime soon.

Yeah, and Axl does seem more happier. But is that a good thing or a bad thing. On one hand, it means he's in a better mood more normally than not. And as we seen during the recent tours, he doesn't seem to be in a bad mood much anymore. But, than again, the anger is what drives him to write music. A lot of his songs are emotions, with feelings of love, anger, hate, sleaze, intensity. If Axl's happy, and in a good frame of mind that's a positive. But is it as it regards to new music?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 09:36:17 PM by AXLGNR123 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 493 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: