Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2024, 10:50:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228155 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 493 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1606383 times)
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #1140 on: February 05, 2013, 02:00:57 PM »

In whatever form we get the next album, and in whatever capacity it is succesful or promoted. I just want a new Guns N' Roses album to listen to over and over again...

I love Chinese Democracy, and consider it to be the holy grail. I probably will still consider Chinese Democracy my favourite album of all time even after the next GN'R release, because of the journey my life has taken with it.

But I just can't wait for the next album, and I know others feel the same. I just hope it's not another hassle, in regards to releasing it, because it shouldn't be and doesn't have to be.

In whatever form we get the next album, and in whatever capacity it is succesful or promoted. I just want a new Guns N' Roses album to listen to over and over again...

I love Chinese Democracy, and consider it to be the holy grail. I probably will still consider Chinese Democracy my favourite album of all time even after the next GN'R release, because of the journey my life has taken with it.

But I just can wait and look forward to the next album, and I know others feel the same. I just hope it's not another hassle, in regards to releasing it, because it shouldn't be and doesn't have to be.

See what I done there.  ok

Yes, I can see what you've done there... and that's be a smartass.  yes

Instead of doing clever stuff like that, why don't you add to the debate and share some thoughts. Besides, what you changed my phrase to, is STILL exactly my opinion and thoughts, you've just changed it to make it look like I'm wrong or "expecting too much".

Get a grip, really... everyone on this board can't wait for the next GN'R album. It's a figure of speech, doesn't mean we are all moaning about it not being released yet, we are looking forward to it.  ok
Woe, ease up buddy.  I agree with you, but the clux or the matter is we have no choice but to wait.... I did with CD and lots of other stuff in my life. I actucally rate you as one of the best posters in the Gn'R community, anywhere. I may be a little pedantic, but we can wait, because the truth is its all we can do  Wink

Besides. all that waiting meant that the album drop was part of the folklore that makes CD one of the best LP's around. love

I hear you, and can now see where you were coming from. I just think it came across as if you was trying to add a double meaning to my post, and was trying to turn my comment into yet another "whining" post, from someone who is ungreatful... which can't be further from the truth.

Let's just call it a misunderstanding shall we.  Wink
AXLGNR123
Opening Act

« Reply #1141 on: February 12, 2013, 07:28:55 PM »

I know I'm probably looking WAY to into things, but is it possible that the next album could have something to do with horoscopes. For the last few months Fernando has been posting stuff about "Gemini" on his twitter. We all know he's a part of the GN'R management, and how GN'R like to be cryptic.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1142 on: February 12, 2013, 07:46:14 PM »

I know I'm probably looking WAY to into things, but is it possible that the next album could have something to do with horoscopes. For the last few months Fernando has been posting stuff about "Gemini" on his twitter. We all know he's a part of the GN'R management, and how GN'R like to be cryptic.

I believe that's his sign, so it's his horoscope.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
oreilly1234
Opening Act

« Reply #1143 on: February 14, 2013, 03:56:27 PM »

if you google image search Chinese Democracy 2 NO fanart or any new artwork comes up but if you do it do it for Legend Of The Red Panda then a few come up (sorry im bored) the cute panda one is an awful fake, but the firfox one is kinda cool and the mongolian warrior on a horse is very cool but where is the full pic? and where did these come from?
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #1144 on: February 15, 2013, 11:17:01 AM »

I think Axl is going to be cautious about making announcements about the next record. I think it'll be done before an announcement is made, because he spent years telling people it was coming soon.

Axl's Charlie, Lucy's the record company.
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1145 on: February 15, 2013, 11:21:21 AM »

I believe that's his sign, so it's his horoscope.

/jarmo

You can set up an account through the horoscopes website to automatically post your horoscope to your Twitter account.  It's no big deal...
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #1146 on: February 15, 2013, 12:29:47 PM »

Finally put Oh My God on my ipod last week i put it in with Chinese Democracy album , i honestly think its better than any of the rockers on Chinese !! In fact it would be in my top 5 GNR rockers of all time. I hope a version of it is on next album
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #1147 on: February 15, 2013, 12:57:53 PM »

Finally put Oh My God on my ipod last week i put it in with Chinese Democracy album , i honestly think its better than any of the rockers on Chinese !! In fact it would be in my top 5 GNR rockers of all time. I hope a version of it is on next album

Great, underrated song.
I put it with Chinese on my ipod as well, replaced Shackler's with it.
Rocks hard, great lyrics, and Axl's rasp is still in tact.
XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #1148 on: February 17, 2013, 08:44:44 AM »

I hope not. That song is what....15 years old at this point? Leave it be.

If you wanna hear GnR rehash old songs you love.....go see em live. Wink
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #1149 on: February 17, 2013, 09:22:55 AM »

Why would you want a version of it on new album?? It's already been released.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1150 on: February 17, 2013, 09:31:00 AM »

Why would you want a version of it on new album?? It's already been released.

Probably because of the shitty production of the released demo.

It is indeed better than all rockers on Chinese. Production doesn't do it justice.
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #1151 on: February 17, 2013, 11:05:29 AM »

OMG is a masterpiece I hate it when people say it isn't produced right when it sounds great to me.  People always need to complain abut Axl even though he gives you a great song he glass is always half empty to most of the fans.   rant
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1152 on: February 17, 2013, 11:09:43 AM »

We all have heard it. But then you got lots of people who never did.

So how do you make everybody happy? Well, you can't.

But if you would release it as a bonus track or something similar, in a new unheard version, then more people might hear it AND fans get something new...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #1153 on: February 17, 2013, 01:53:23 PM »

Axl said they had re recorded or remixed it cant remember which , just saying i would like to hear it. Plus if it were on a proper GnR album it woulld be heard by more people, i have quite a few mates who like Guns n Roses but not to the extent that i do who have never heard it .
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #1154 on: February 17, 2013, 04:39:53 PM »

We all have heard it. But then you got lots of people who never did.

So how do you make everybody happy? Well, you can't.

But if you would release it as a bonus track or something similar, in a new unheard version, then more people might hear it AND fans get something new...

/jarmo

I don't always agree with you Jarmo but I think you are absolutely right here.

I heard the Rolling Stones song 'Doom and Gloom' song again today. Made me think - if Guns were to pick their strongest rocker from the vault and release it with an unheard version of Oh My God then maybe that could have as much impact as an album and give a lot of 'oomph' to their tour.

Here today...ready to rock
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #1155 on: February 18, 2013, 12:12:37 AM »

Just watched Sound City. Great film. So inspiring watching these musicians create music. One of those moments where I think to myself Axl has got to get this band in the studio!

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1156 on: February 18, 2013, 08:15:00 AM »

OMG is a masterpiece I hate it when people say it isn't produced right when it sounds great to me.  People always need to complain abut Axl even though he gives you a great song he glass is always half empty to most of the fans.   rant

Stop throwing tantrums, brah.

Just because it sounds great to you, doesn't mean it sounds as it should. It has nothing to do with any glass being half full, even Axl has said that it was a demo. Several of us has called it the best GNR rocker in very a long time.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1157 on: March 02, 2013, 05:04:35 PM »

Some new info, people. First post updated, the new parts in this post.

Ron was on a webstream tonight (http://www.ustream.tv/EatMoreHeat), where he talked a little bit about GN'R.

Here's some new information on a couple songs:

Atlas Shrugged
* Ron said it almost made it on Chinese Democracy, but it would've taken the album past the 74 minute mark.
* Ron has done a solo for this song.
* Ron said it'll be going on Chinese Democracy 2.

The General
* Ron thinks this is an interesting song.

Going Down
* (Co?-)written by Tommy Stinson
* Features Tommy on vocals and Axl on main chorus
* Ron has described the song as "slower paced".
* Ron has described the song as "acoustic-ey" - something that Bob Dylan could have done.

A big thank you to brainsaber, joaofranpinto and ChrisMaciel over at MyGNR who posted the info!

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #1158 on: March 02, 2013, 08:27:16 PM »

Ron was on a webstream tonight (http://www.ustream.tv/EatMoreHeat), where he talked a little bit about GN'R.

Atlas Shrugged
* Ron said it almost made it on Chinese Democracy, but it would've taken the album past the 74 minute mark.

The General

Going Down
* Ron has described the song as "acoustic-ey" - something that Bob Dylan could have done.

A big thank you to brainsaber, joaofranpinto and ChrisMaciel over at MyGNR who posted the info!

Interesting he said 'chinese democracy 2' like its planned out.

Here today...ready to rock
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #1159 on: March 03, 2013, 10:43:51 AM »

Atlas Shrugged

The General

Going Down

Interesting he said 'chinese democracy 2' like its planned out.
This is very interesting news from Ron, all of those titles are just so good to hear. I just hope that we finally get to hear OMG, as this is something that has been on the cards for ages now. Especially after hearing the band reherse this song in Rio, it must still be in the running to be played live again soon as well.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 10:45:50 AM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 493 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: