Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 08:01:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228147 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 493 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1603093 times)
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1100 on: January 29, 2013, 03:32:15 PM »

Any song that comes out from this day forward is a NEW song, because we have not heard it.  I have never understood the idea that just because something was written years back means its an "old" song.  If it never came out its not a song at all is it? Its a work in progress until it is recorded and released.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #1101 on: January 29, 2013, 04:00:33 PM »

Well I can't speak for everyone here, but I would give my left nut to hear all those songs Axl mentioned, as well as any others that were created during the Chinese sessions.

Jeez what does it matter who is playing on these tracks? Be it Paul Huge, Buckethead, Finck, or any of the current guitarists? We are Guns n' Roses fans (allegedly!) and I, for one, would be one happy fucker for ANY new studio release from Guns.

Given the timescales involved I wouldn't be at all surprised if the next release (if and when it happens) will include both songs with previous and current members. I'm guessing the guys will have ALOT of material from which to choose which is great because it means the record will be out of this world. Conversely it would be a shame because inevitably we wouldnt get to hear ALL of the tracks crafted during the Chinese sessions.

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1102 on: January 29, 2013, 04:09:21 PM »

So if i sell to gnr a full compilation of my best farts with axl adding some burp here and there, all this will sound like gnr?

C'mon jarmo get over quotes and lines, and try to understand what I'm sayin'...

I admit, you make no sense to me.

Everything you say has already happened in GN'R's past history.

Songs that were old were used on Use Your Illusion albums. The drummer who was fired was featured on a track on UYI 2. Several songs were written by people who weren't in the band.
Songs that were written before GN'R existed appeared on GN'R albums. Songs that were written before the first album, were recorded for the follow up years later. And so on.

You make no sense to me.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1103 on: January 29, 2013, 10:43:25 PM »

This People Not Understand.

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #1104 on: January 30, 2013, 03:25:20 AM »

Well I can't speak for everyone here, but I would give my left nut to hear all those songs Axl mentioned, as well as any others that were created during the Chinese sessions.

I'll keep my testicles but I think it's safe to say we were all on board for the 3-album thing that was announced at some point. Unfortunately that didn't happen.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1105 on: January 31, 2013, 11:28:18 AM »

You know.. How ironic is it that many of the so called fans who demand a new album are the same ones with many complaints about Chinese Democracy?
They come up with all kinds of reasons why the band has to release a new album. It's very nice of them to think about the band's best.  rofl

We all know that as soon as GN'R releases something new, these same people will be there pointing out what it's not and how it should've been. And asking for a new album!

I just read Neil Young's book and he says he makes albums, not iTunes tracks. There's a thought behind what songs goes on the album and the order they're in. Nowadays people pick and dissect the album note for note. I wonder if the concept of the album is dying or already dead.

Maybe people can't "handle" 13-15 tracks of new music anymore.

I wonder how GN'R fans would feel if the next album was something new for GN'R.
Like a bunch of EPs (mini albums) instead of a new album? Or singles, 12 singles, a new one every month for a year?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #1106 on: January 31, 2013, 11:45:14 AM »

Just out of curiosity, do we know when the last time Axl wrote a new song?  We know theres lots of unreleased/unfinished material, but does Axl write new music/lyrics from time to time, or has he taken a break?  Not trying to start anything by asking this question, but just curious if anyone knows. 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1107 on: January 31, 2013, 12:21:40 PM »

Like a bunch of EPs (mini albums) instead of a new album? Or singles, 12 singles, a new one every month for a year?

I am still an album guy, as in I still buy the physical CD, flip through the art work, all that stuff.  That said a few of my favorite bands have released EP's or 2 songs a month for 6 months on itunes and I really enjoyed that method as well.  It gives you something new every month in small doses and still gives you something to look forward to next month.  For the younger fans today who have absolutely ZERO attention span when it comes to listening to music, giving them a song a month is probably the best way to go.
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #1108 on: January 31, 2013, 12:41:03 PM »

For the younger fans today who have absolutely ZERO attention span when it comes to listening to music, giving them a song a month is probably the best way to go.

Videos would probably be required though.
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1109 on: January 31, 2013, 01:08:17 PM »

You know.. How ironic is it that many of the so called fans who demand a new album are the same ones with many complaints about Chinese Democracy?
They come up with all kinds of reasons why the band has to release a new album. It's very nice of them to think about the band's best.  rofl

We all know that as soon as GN'R releases something new, these same people will be there pointing out what it's not and how it should've been. And asking for a new album!

I just read Neil Young's book and he says he makes albums, not iTunes tracks. There's a thought behind what songs goes on the album and the order they're in. Nowadays people pick and dissect the album note for note. I wonder if the concept of the album is dying or already dead.

/jarmo

Jarmo,

I think the fact that there is such a demand for new material is a good thing for the band. It saves the band from becoming a nostalgia act. I love this board because of the passion of the fans. I dont see anything wrong with fans asking to hear new material. The band should see that as a positive. That means that fans are excited about this lineup.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1110 on: January 31, 2013, 01:28:54 PM »

It was just a comment on the fact that many of the fans demanding an album the most are the ones who don't even like Chinese Democracy!

/jarmo

peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1111 on: January 31, 2013, 02:06:29 PM »

It was just a comment on the fact that many of the fans demanding an album the most are the ones who don't even like Chinese Democracy!

/jarmo

Ok,

But just because you don't like a particular album it doesnt mean that your not still interested in hearing new material. For example with Metallica I hated St. Anger ( didnt mean i no longer liked the band) and was still anxious to hear Death Magnetic which for the record I liked. Obviously this band means alot to alot of people. Guns without a doubt has one of the most passionate fanbases worldwide. There music transcends cultures.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #1112 on: January 31, 2013, 02:13:49 PM »

I'll take new music from Guns any way I can!

Whilst I love albums and having a booklet to browse...it is inevitable that the music industry is changing.

A new guns track a month for 12 months would be pretty kick ass. Just imagine the kick of getting a new guns track, enjoying the fuck out of it and knowing that in 4 weeks time you'll be rockin to another badboy!! Holy shit!!!

Of course the icing on the cake would be for the 12 tracks to be released in a physical format at the end of the 12 months.

drool
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 02:19:22 PM by Stardust » Logged

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1113 on: January 31, 2013, 02:53:59 PM »

Ok,

But just because you don't like a particular album it doesnt mean that your not still interested in hearing new material. For example with Metallica I hated St. Anger ( didnt mean i no longer liked the band) and was still anxious to hear Death Magnetic which for the record I liked. Obviously this band means alot to alot of people. Guns without a doubt has one of the most passionate fanbases worldwide. There music transcends cultures.

I get that you want to hear new music. But, it's ironic that those who didn't enjoy it as much as many others are the loudest ones demanding more. That's all!

It's like eating through a menu at a restaurant that serves cuisine you're not fond of, but you keep asking for dish after another and complaining about the chef...  rofl

/jarmo

lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #1114 on: January 31, 2013, 03:13:21 PM »

Just out of curiosity, do we know when the last time Axl wrote a new song?  We know theres lots of unreleased/unfinished material, but does Axl write new music/lyrics from time to time, or has he taken a break?  Not trying to start anything by asking this question, but just curious if anyone knows. 

You actually bring up a good point... NOBODY knows what Axl or the band are doing at this very moment. Just because they don't post it on the internet doesn't mean they aren't writing music or recording anything... AND just because they're touring doesn't mean they aren't sharing song ideas or writing songs together. We don't know. We always assume the worst when we really shouldn't be assuming anything... this band is touring and playing shows... so BE HAPPY. The album will come people. The more we complain about it WILL NOT make it happen any quicker.

In saying that, OF COURSE I want to hear some new music and all I have to do is think back to the times when we didn't have ANYTHING for many years... NO SHOWS, NO MUSIC, NO NEWS... Now we have a kick ass band playing 3 hour shows and Axl making appearances on tv, in public, etc. So... I'm a happy GN'R fan right now.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #1115 on: January 31, 2013, 03:54:53 PM »

/jarmo

Neil continues to move forward and create, that's why his box sets took so long to come out, and you read about all the projects he's put his money into (but I think the LinkVolt is a lost cause). He also has a variety of different bands to channel the different styles of music he's into and gives a heads up that at some shows, don't go expecting "Heart of Gold" or "Rockin' in the Free World".

You also have to take into account Neil has a massive back catalog and a good relationship with the record company, but he also had his battles with record companies, esp. during the Geffen era.

I think the EP idea is great - the Stones, Beatles, and Elvis all put EPs out, it's a good way to keep new music out there, and GNR's no stranger to the EP format.

I think the fans/collectors will always buy vinyl and CD, but people in general are going to buy the download.

The album format isn't dead, but there's a lot of complaining from artists about how much of a waste of time and money it is to work on something and it either gets ignored or lasts a couple of weeks on the charts then vanishes.

We all know whatever GNR do, people are going to complain, but the majority are just going to listen to it and either they'll like it or not. I think the concerts coming out on video and TV are a sign of the band going back to the studio sometime soon, and soon could be the next couple of years.

And I hope GNR just spring the new music on people and don't tell people "it's coming soon". That wound up working against GNR when Chinese Democracy came out.

I actually liked how the new Bowie song, video and album announcement all happened at midnight and watched it go viral overnight. Completely unexpected.
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #1116 on: January 31, 2013, 03:56:36 PM »

You actually bring up a good point... NOBODY knows what Axl or the band are doing at this very moment. Just because they don't post it on the internet doesn't mean they aren't writing music or recording anything... AND just because they're touring doesn't mean they aren't sharing song ideas or writing songs together. We don't know. We always assume the worst when we really shouldn't be assuming anything... this band is touring and playing shows... so BE HAPPY. The album will come people. The more we complain about it WILL NOT make it happen any quicker.

In saying that, OF COURSE I want to hear some new music and all I have to do is think back to the times when we didn't have ANYTHING for many years... NO SHOWS, NO MUSIC, NO NEWS... Now we have a kick ass band playing 3 hour shows and Axl making appearances on tv, in public, etc. So... I'm a happy GN'R fan right now.
Now this is what I'd love any interviewer to try and pin down. The process, the subject matter, how emotional  involved does he get with the stuff he writes, the supposed refusal to play certain songs yadda yadda... When was the last time he had any major writting going on. What song did he wish he wrote, would he write for other people?
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #1117 on: January 31, 2013, 04:08:03 PM »

For the younger fans today who have absolutely ZERO attention span when it comes to listening to music, giving them a song a month is probably the best way to go.

Videos would probably be required though.

Bands are putting songs out on You Tube with just the words on the screen. Some of it's pretty creative.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #1118 on: January 31, 2013, 05:02:31 PM »

I remember asking this very question back years before CD actually was released...could a band basically sell an album prior to its release?
Concept:  Announce new album...allow fans to reserve copies (make a certain % of the pre-bought albums special, perhaps an autograph, perhaps some limited addition swag for a small % of the items (randomly distributed of course), once  enough folks have laid their dollars down, release the album?  Perhaps an x% discount off of a future concert with pre-purchase?

It just seems there are so many ways they could meet the bands', record companies', and fans' interests outside of the box.

I'd be down for a few copies pre-purchased...and I'm sure many other fans would as well.

Just some thoughts.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1119 on: January 31, 2013, 05:03:37 PM »

The song a month thing doesn't work on fans with no attention span either. You'll lose them after about 3 months. Smashing Pumpkins tried that route and I remember seeing an interview with Billy where he said that the releases had almost no impact when it was just 1 song at a time.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 493 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: