Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 06:52:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228143 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 493 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1599673 times)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1080 on: January 23, 2013, 11:20:49 AM »

I dont think anybody should take anything from an interview like that too seriously....

we have heard similar statements from band members about their desire to record before ... who knows...

its only axl's desire to record that counts

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Erick
Headliner

« Reply #1081 on: January 23, 2013, 12:35:26 PM »

The artist chooses the best time for a launch.

Axl surely has his plans and will release another album when the time is right. (Even 10 years from now)

I'd love it to be this year but it is a desire to fan , and this case involves issues a release personal and business

I'll be happy with the DVD "appettite for democracy" in another topic I read some nasty comments about the voice, the guy is 51 years old and did nine shows in two weeks

He can not say "this is the concert DVD will give it my all and finish my voice"

I believe that this year is the year of the GNR releases, new DVD and a new album.

"see you at the next summer" was for 2013 kkkk
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #1082 on: January 23, 2013, 01:16:45 PM »

I think we have to thank Beta & Fernando and anyone who is involve in the
new management, they create a new dynamic for the band, tours, residency,
DVD, good press, interviews : that's all positive.

I still hope the seventh one for 2013, even if I'm not an optimistic guy.

PS : they could name it Seven, since it's one of the songs, just noticed that.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1083 on: January 23, 2013, 05:03:42 PM »

I dont think anybody should take anything from an interview like that too seriously....

we have heard similar statements from band members about their desire to record before ... who knows...

its only axl's desire to record that counts
That's true, but the touring hasn't really stopped since 2009.  Now granted, I don't think that's a definitive reason or excuse why they haven't released an album during that time, but I'm of the belief that it would be easier to wrap things up if they had more time to spend in the studio.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1084 on: January 28, 2013, 12:52:26 PM »

55 pages about something that doesnt even exist.  one thing is for sure, we are some seriously starved for soemthing new fans
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1085 on: January 28, 2013, 01:33:29 PM »

55 pages about something that doesnt even exist.  one thing is for sure, we are some seriously starved for soemthing new fans

Considering Axl had working titles in 2008 for songs that haven't been released yet... I'd say something does exist:

Quote from: Axl
Ides Of March, Oklahoma, Atlas Shrugged,  Oh My God, Silkworms , Down By The Ocean (Izzy), Leave Me Alone, Seven , The General , Thyme , Quick Song , Zodiac Most all titles subject to change w/out warning and r considered working titles.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1086 on: January 28, 2013, 02:14:23 PM »

Considering Axl had working titles in 2008 for songs that haven't been released yet... I'd say something does exist:

Quote from: Axl
Ides Of March, Oklahoma, Atlas Shrugged,  Oh My God, Silkworms , Down By The Ocean (Izzy), Leave Me Alone, Seven , The General , Thyme , Quick Song , Zodiac Most all titles subject to change w/out warning and r considered working titles.

/jarmo

no question songs exist.  I cant wait to hear a few. 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1087 on: January 29, 2013, 08:49:07 AM »

So songs exist. That's an important step when thinking about the concept of an album... Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #1088 on: January 29, 2013, 09:15:27 AM »

So songs exist. That's an important step when thinking about the concept of an album... Wink

/jarmo

I'd say: songs not written by the actual band members exist.  peace
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #1089 on: January 29, 2013, 09:36:39 AM »

/jarmo

You don't know shit and can't prove anything.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #1090 on: January 29, 2013, 10:01:19 AM »

/jarmo

You don't know shit and can't prove anything.

Bumblefoot sometime ago said something like " we haven't sit down (yet) in order to write stuff as a band". Enough said. love

And this thread is "rumor & speculation" and not "truth & only truth" .

Cya Noob.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 10:04:31 AM by ITARocker » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1091 on: January 29, 2013, 10:19:52 AM »

"Actual band members"?

Who wrote the songs?

Your point is pointless. Songs exist. It doesn't matter if the whole band didn't sit in the same room writing them.

Just plain stupid.

/jarmo

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1092 on: January 29, 2013, 12:20:34 PM »

/jarmo

I'd say there's probably songs written by Richard, Axl, Dj, Tommy, Chris and Dizzy.

As far as I know Bumblefoot and Frank haven't publicaly mentioned writing songs for GN'R, but they probably have.

Even if the eight of them haven't gotten together at the same time with the goal of writing together yet, it doesn't mean songs haven't been written by the current line-up.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #1093 on: January 29, 2013, 12:39:10 PM »

"Actual band members"?

Who wrote the songs?

Your point is pointless. Songs exist. It doesn't matter if the whole band didn't sit in the same room writing them.

Just plain stupid.

/jarmo

Why pointless? Are we talking about a band or what? And if bumble says it matters, it means that it matters... Probably he just don't want do the same thing he did on CD, playing as a sideman on a fuckin musical metin pot.

Ok songs exists, ma did they come out from this band?  Axl himself was against tre process of the making of the illusions albums (single players releasing their own things under the name gnr).

One thing is working on ideas, another thing is playin' your own part on a song which is already written by someone else that actually is not  in the band

Don't take me litteraly, i'm not saying they have to sit on the same couch playin' all togheter like young kids, but i'd like to listen to something written after 2010 at least. something that comes out from their interaction...
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 12:41:57 PM by ITARocker » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1094 on: January 29, 2013, 12:43:24 PM »

Why pointless? Are we talking about a band or what? And if bumble says it matters, it means and it matters... Probably he just don't want do the same thing he did on CD, playing as a sideman on a fuckin musical metin pot.

Ok songs exists, ma did they come out from this band?  Axl himself was against tre process of the making of the illusions albums (single players releasing their own things under the name gnr).

One thing is working on ideas, another thing is playin' your own part on a song which is already written by someone else that actually is not  in the band

Don't take me litteraly, i'm not saying they have to sit on the same couch playin' all togheter like young kids, but i'd like to listen to something written after 2010 at least. something that comes out from their interaction...

Ok. Let me explain it to you.

The fact that Bumblefoot said that matters if they are planning on writing all the songs together and recording them.

If that's not the case, then it matters less.

If they plan on using some of those songs Axl mentioned and writing additional ones, then it's not as big of an issue compared to if they decided to write all new songs together.

So, I have no idea why you even bring this up.

If Dj can write songs on his own that he wants to present to the band, I'm sure Bumblefoot could too.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 12:45:44 PM by jarmo » Logged

ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #1095 on: January 29, 2013, 01:08:22 PM »

Because we are mainly talking about old songs. Ex: silk worms...dude...are we really waiting for that song, after all the "Industrial" thing has gone? Just to say "songs exist" Ok that's right but...it doesn't make sense to me.

This band should write "togheter",imho, in order to release something that wouldn't sound like a demo with a working title too. Something solid, whit a solid sound, etc.

But you know, if they actually  haven't done anything like this yet, and some member would like to work this way, soon is not the word for this album. Shocked
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1096 on: January 29, 2013, 01:38:41 PM »

Because we are mainly talking about old songs. Ex: silk worms...dude...are we really waiting for that song, after all the "Industrial" thing has gone? Just to say "songs exist" Ok that's right but...it doesn't make sense to me.

You manage to mention one song as evidence that those songs "don't make sense". Funny.

Seriously.

Think about what you're saying because you make no sense.

Let's paint an imaginary picture: Let's say that there's a song from 1999 that's the best song Axl has ever written. Now what would you do? Not release it because it's "old" and not written with Dj and Bumblefoot? Or release it based on the fact that it's amazing?

My point is, the band will make the best possible record they can. If they think that means writing new songs, then they will. They are more than capable of doing this. But I hope they don't shelve material they believe in because it will upset somebody in Italy!

/jarmo

ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #1097 on: January 29, 2013, 02:46:47 PM »

You manage to mention one song as evidence that those songs "don't make sense". Funny.

/jarmo

Im' not saying that...Songs do make sense your quote "songs exist" don't, for the reasons and in terms i've tried to explain so far.

If we are going to have a soon release (in 1 year?) it would be FOR SURE a full old stuff cd, maybe with some great songs but probably it would sound like CD: great songs in there wich are very affected  too. If u play something without a sort of chemistry between elements, that's what you get.
Ex, catcher in the rye: a great song, really, it's my favourite one but at the end what does remains in your ears?. This i Love: is that  the right guitar for that fuckin solo?
If they put on CD those songs as they play them live, CD would simply sound better.

So, If you want an album which clearly comes from this band, with its own sound balance etc they've got to work more as a band even in the recording process but, again, this isn't a fast process because there is still a lack of this kind of interaction.

So people who speculated about a new album etc should bear in mind this thing.  They want an album from a band called gnr?  They want a release mainly coming from axl's mind and some people here and there? They want unreleased stuff wich will sound already old when it will come out? etc. Just this...

« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 02:48:54 PM by ITARocker » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1098 on: January 29, 2013, 02:53:51 PM »

Songs do make sense your quote "songs exist" don't, for the reasons and in terms i've tried to explain so far.

What? You're saying GN'R has no new unreleased songs?

Based on what Bumblefoot said?

Ex, catcher in the rye: a great song, really, it's my favourite one but at the end what does remains in your ears?

Great song. If it was released in 1997, 2002, 2008 or 2013. Still, a great song.

So people who speculated about a new album etc should bear in mind this thing.  They want an album from a band called gnr?  They want a release mainly coming from axl's mind and some people here and there? They want unreleased stuff wich will sound already old when it will come out? etc. Just this..

Sound old? Haha. You have no idea what it will sound like!

Anything they do will sound like GN'R. Simple as that.
No matter when the song was written.

/jarmo

ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #1099 on: January 29, 2013, 03:31:53 PM »

So if i sell to gnr a full compilation of my best farts with axl adding some burp here and there, all this will sound like gnr?

C'mon jarmo get over quotes and lines, and try to understand what I'm sayin'...
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 493 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: