Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 06:20:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228143 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 493 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1599642 times)
Dok
Headliner

« Reply #1060 on: January 12, 2013, 04:27:05 PM »

I personally like that GNR do things their own way.  The sooner you realize that this band does whatever it wants whenever it wants regardless of your opinions, the happier you will be.  

See...I guess the vast majority of people in here do know that this discussion will not change anything as far as GNR's working attitude is concerned. Still I can sound my opinion about that attitude. I don't like everything about GNR doing "things their way". The communication with the fans and the announcements of what happens in the band, with the band etc. have been nothing but a catastrophe since...I don't know, early to mid-nineties?
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #1061 on: January 12, 2013, 07:49:53 PM »

It's human nature to want more of what you enjoy.

Of course. And for some more and more and more... Without any regard or thought about what they're asking for...

Guns N' Roses never technically broke up. The reality is that this is an entirely new band that has next to nothing to do with classic GN'R, but the popular opinion on this site is that GN'R never broke up, so we will run with that.

It's a simple fact that (1) album in 15 years is far below the normal output of any "active" band.
No one is demanding a new album. Stating your opinions/hopes/wishes to other fans that have nothing to do with band operations isn't demanding anything.

Yes, the band kept going. But people who say shit like "it took them XX years" often know the story.

They know the old band ceased to exist and how the band slowly took shape over years. The old band didn't just all leave one day and the next week Axl had replaced them all. It's not how it happened!

The 2006 line up for example didn't exist in 2001. And so on. It was a process that took time, to get a working band together.

Also, everybody who points out how "negative" he fact that the album has different players on it, to me, it makes sense. It's like a snapshot of that part of GN'R's history. During the making of the album, there were different guitar players in the band, for example. It's what happened.

Now it's a different time.
/jarmo

I just wanted to chime in on the "negative" part about how CD had numerous different players on the album, as I had just recently mentioned that.

I personally wouldn't say that the multiple guitar players, etc, had a NEGATIVE effect on the album. It did give it a lot of character. Yes, I do think that at points it's noticable. Not to the point of "Oh god!!! This album sucks!!" I think it's more of something only a hardcore fan would notice. Would someone off the street be able to pick up the difference between Bumblefoot and Buckethead on certain guitar parts? I highly doubt it. Most casual fans wouldn't take the time or have the knowledge as a casual listener to pick up on it.

I see it in the same vein as the song "Bad Apples" from UYI.

Most casual fans don't even know about the song. They know about the radio friendly GnR tunes that are played.

Me? Yeah I've heard every demo that's out there, every album, far too much live stuff to count on on 1400 fingered elephant, etc. (No I still haven't heard the full version of Checkmate, so don't even bother asking)

Bad Apples? Man....I really don't like that song. Never have, never will. I love nearly everything they've ever put out.

But damn I don't like that song.

Does it ruin the album? Hell no. For me, it's a track I skip over, and the rest of the album is brilliant. Yes, some people will argue that point with me. I also see Spaghetti Incident as a brilliant masterpiece, so I'm not always so mainstream when it comes to GnR as far as the thinking of most people goes.

I would LIKE to hear the new band all record together after the rigors of being on the road, as a concise unit. Yes, I found points, which weren't overly pronounced, that I felt the constant changing of players may have hindered the albums flow.

It's still a brilliant album. One of the most underrated albums of all time, IMHO. It was something minor, that I'd shared a thought on. I don't want to be seen as a whiner.

Then again....I was also happy to meet Jarmo, and found him a charming gent willing to share a bond with fellow board members, and nothing like the venom spewing demon from hell we've known to post on these forums...so my view on things may not be perfect....   rofl rofl rofl rofl

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #1062 on: January 13, 2013, 12:02:21 AM »

The sooner you realize that this band does whatever it wants whenever it wants regardless of your opinions, the happier you will be.  

I've been a fan since the basic inception of GNR and this just about sums it up. No amount of pushing, arguing/discussion, sharing points of view, trolling, insulting, speculation, badgering or bribing can move Axl to do something he is not ready to do. He doesn't think like that. And If you can't understand that then you're gonna have a bad time.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. And some of you have been having the same "discussion" on a daily basis for the last 20 years. Have you gotten any results these efforts? NO. Absolutely not. Not even once.

This place is the virtual house of Gun and Roses and this where the new fans go to make friends and learn about the band. First impressions are important. I'm done with letting a bunch of insane foamers regurgitate their opinions like so much generic vomit and potentially scare the new fans away.

The worst part is that most of our differences are extremely superficial. No one else can possibly come close to understanding why you love GNR other than the posters right here on this board. And for me, it's an opportunity to meet other cool people who get it.

Edit: A million typos.

Good post and very true.  I can wait, I just hope this current lineup can too as I'd love to see them write material together.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
MsRocknrolla
Opening Act

« Reply #1063 on: January 13, 2013, 12:19:03 AM »

The sooner you realize that this band does whatever it wants whenever it wants regardless of your opinions, the happier you will be.  

I've been a fan since the basic inception of GNR and this just about sums it up. No amount of pushing, arguing/discussion, sharing points of view, trolling, insulting, speculation, badgering or bribing can move Axl to do something he is not ready to do. He doesn't think like that. And If you can't understand that then you're gonna have a bad time.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. And some of you have been having the same "discussion" on a daily basis for the last 20 years. Have you gotten any results these efforts? NO. Absolutely not. Not even once.

This place is the virtual house of Gun and Roses and this where the new fans go to make friends and learn about the band. First impressions are important. I'm done with letting a bunch of insane foamers regurgitate their opinions like so much generic vomit and potentially scare the new fans away.

The worst part is that most of our differences are extremely superficial. No one else can possibly come close to understanding why you love GNR other than the posters right here on this board. And for me, it's an opportunity to meet other cool people who get it.

Edit: A million typos.

Good post and very true.  I can wait, I just hope this current lineup can too as I'd love to see them write material together.

I was venting. I suck at this kind of stuff.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #1064 on: January 13, 2013, 03:21:38 AM »

I personally like that GNR do things their own way.  The sooner you realize that this band does whatever it wants whenever it wants regardless of your opinions, the happier you will be.  

See...I guess the vast majority of people in here do know that this discussion will not change anything as far as GNR's working attitude is concerned. Still I can sound my opinion about that attitude. I don't like everything about GNR doing "things their way". The communication with the fans and the announcements of what happens in the band, with the band etc. have been nothing but a catastrophe since...I don't know, early to mid-nineties?

That's bull. Especially Ashba and Bumble interact with the fans quite often. Ashba has also talked in manu interviews hos Axl has tons of good stuff up his sleeve. Both Beta and Bumblefoot have posted here, on this forum. Axl answered a whole bunch of questions a few years back. He was on Jimmu Kimmel and he has done other interviews lately. More than half of the band are active on twitter and/or facebook.  They have announced quite many shows recent years, so we're not short on announcements. We get bombed with photos from the road, so it is possible to get an impression of how the bands doing. The band's working attitude is prima. There is no information that says the opposite.

We really have much to look forward to people :-)

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1065 on: January 15, 2013, 12:56:52 PM »

I think its awesome that theres interest in the band. They have a lineup that kicks ass live. Lets see if it translates well to the studio. I was listening to the opening bars of Think about you this morning and the guitar parts between Izzy and Slash fit into each other seamlessy. This comes from practice. This comes from knowing the songs inside out. This comes from chemistry. I love Rick Rubin's technique where before recording he makes bands rehearse the songs until they become second nature. Band members learn the tempos and how to react to the other parts. Im curious to see what type of chemistry this band would have in the studio. They all bring something different to the table. It may not necesarily gel or mesh though. Im curious to see what they can produce.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #1066 on: January 15, 2013, 02:56:51 PM »

I'm very curious about the producers list they thought about for the next album.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
bicycle handgrenade
Headliner

« Reply #1067 on: January 19, 2013, 11:29:42 PM »

just like i predicted it would, this whole saga ended the same way andre's stunts always end. he went on M.SL/GNR today and apologized for making the whole thing up. this is what he always does. for you guys that haven't been around long enough, please remember this the next time he claims to have unreleased GNR songs. he's done this like 10 times.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 05:22:58 AM by bicycle handgrenade » Logged
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #1068 on: January 20, 2013, 01:28:50 AM »

Lol.
Halo is like Armstrong!
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1069 on: January 20, 2013, 06:09:28 AM »

He got scared shitless when someone on mygnr said they had contacted the authorities in Portugal, giving them links to the forums with his claims.

For those who believed him (I'm not suspecting a whole lot), now you know not to trust anything from  AndreCC, AxlRoseCalifornia and Halo69.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #1070 on: January 20, 2013, 06:23:08 AM »

Lol.
Halo is like Armstrong!

No problems with Halo here...

And Armstrong is another thing : always was a hero to me...and always will be.
(but indeed....he was part of a rotten system but what isn't rotten these days: it's life)
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #1071 on: January 20, 2013, 08:45:28 AM »

Yeah, a lot of things are weird these days.
But Armstrong did harm to a lot of people who talked about his doping prior to his coming out. And I expected him to address those things too. Sad

Back on topic: I am looking forward to Halo posting here again Cheesy
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1072 on: January 20, 2013, 03:28:34 PM »

just like i predicted it would, this whole saga ended the same way andre's stunts always end. he went on M.SL/GNR today and apologized for making the whole thing up. this is what he always does. for you guys that haven't been around long enough, please remember this the next time he claims to have unreleased GNR songs. he's done this like 10 times.

I have very low tolerance for attention seeking bullshit artists like that ass clown.

Don't expect any posts from him on here anymore.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1073 on: January 20, 2013, 04:02:56 PM »

just like i predicted it would, this whole saga ended the same way andre's stunts always end. he went on M.SL/GNR today and apologized for making the whole thing up.

Who does something like that?  Really?  What a waste of time -- and I just read some of what he posted.

And his "apology" thread over there is as ridiculous as this guy's posts. hihi

On topic: With the new leg of the tour means we'll see some new interviews, hopefully we'll get an update on the next album then.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1074 on: January 20, 2013, 04:17:38 PM »

On topic: With the new leg of the tour means we'll see some new interviews, hopefully we'll get an update on the next album then.

Triple M is one of the tour's sponsors, maybe we'll see a couple of radio interviews. Hopefully one with Axl.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
ecwfan
Rocker

« Reply #1075 on: January 20, 2013, 11:15:02 PM »

I want new Guns n Roses music like the next dude. But who else as he claims was willing to pay him $10,000 for 1 song ? I mean honestly.....who believes that ?
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #1076 on: January 21, 2013, 08:26:41 PM »

I want new Guns n Roses music like the next dude. But who else as he claims was willing to pay him $10,000 for 1 song ? I mean honestly.....who believes that ?

To me, full leaks are a buzzkill and take away from the finished product. Once it's done, it's fine to go into hearing the songs being put together, because you've become familiar with it, after enough time's gone by.

If there's a 15-30 second leak, it can be more exciting, because you're getting a snippet of something bigger, and it gets people really curious. 
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #1077 on: January 21, 2013, 08:43:21 PM »

Is it possible the 'next album' is going to be "Live at the Hard Rock" to coincide with movie?

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1078 on: January 23, 2013, 08:38:16 AM »

Axl Rose misunderstood, says G N' R mate

Axl Rose has a reputation as one of the most difficult frontmen in rock.

Over the years, the Guns N' Roses singer has fired or fallen out with the band's entire original line-up, including founding guitarist Slash.

Despite never officially breaking up the group, Rose refused to attend when Guns N' Roses were inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame last year.

The performer is renowned for storming off stage and for turning up to gigs hours late - and the 50-year-old star hardly ever gives interviews.

But as Guns N' Roses prepare to tour of Australia, replacement guitarist DJ Ashba says the world has the wrong impression of Axl Rose.

"I think a lot of people and the press try to blow it up and say he's an asshole but everyone can be an asshole if you get them on the wrong day," Ashba says.

"One thing people don't seem to get is that he's genuinely funny and he's always joking around and telling stories to make people laugh.

"I always say that if he wasn't a musician he'd be a great comedian. I wish the world could see that side of him because it's the opposite of what people have branded in their brains."

Another common myth is that Rose, the only remaining original member of Guns N' Roses, is an autocratic control freak who pulls all the strings.

The band's current incarnation - featuring Dizzy Reed, Tommy Stinson, Chris Pitman, Richard Fortus, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal and Frank Ferrer - are encouraged to contribute to the creative process, says Ashba.

"Axl is in a position where he doesn't have to be cool with the band but he treats us like gold.

"He lets us write our own solos and gives everybody their time to shine on stage and I think that says a lot about who he is.

"He has no problem sharing the spotlight, in fact he quite likes it - otherwise he'd be doing this interview and not me."

Australian fans can expect up to three hours of songs spanning every Guns N' Roses album when they visit in March, as well as AC/DC, Pink Floyd and Rolling Stones covers plus the band's iconic takes on Wings' Live And Let Die and Dylan's Knockin' On Heaven's Door.

Their most recent record Chinese Democracy is said to be one of the most expensive ($14 million) and delayed (10 years) albums ever made, and failed to win over critics when it was eventually released in 2008.

But with Guns N' Roses touring solidly, songs such as Catcher In The Rye, Madagascar and This Is Love are starting to find their place among the classics.

"I came in right after Chinese Democracy was released and I've seen a huge difference over the last four years in how fans react to those songs," says Ashba.

"A lot of people are singing along to them now that they're more familiar."

While generations of fans have embraced the return of Guns N' Roses, other have been frustrated by the band's time keeping. Several sets in recent years were shut down early due to late starts.

Ashba insists the delays have been caused by production issues rather than arrogance on behalf of Rose, explaining a team of 100 people is co-ordinating the show from backstage.

"We have a huge rig and pyrotechnics so often it's the case of fitting all that into the venue. Our number one priority is to make the shows safe."

He understands why fans have resorted to bottling the stage or venting their anger on social media.

"That kills us as a band because we're not doing any of this on purpose.

"Our main goal is to go and give the fans a show they will never forget and we understand how expensive tickets are.

"We take that into account and when we do hit the stage it's almost impossible to get us off."

Once the tour is over, Guns N' Roses will turn their focus to working on a seventh album.

Despite dozens of songs in rough form, the band are in no hurry - but there won't be another decade-long delay.

"It won't be another Chinese Democracy but then again we're in no rush to make a bad record," says Ashba.

"Failing is not an option so we're putting our heart and soul into this one."

Guns N' Roses tour nationally with support from ZZ Top and Rose Tattoo from March 9-20.

Source http://au.news.yahoo.com/latest/a/-/article/15933875/axl-rose-misunderstood-says-g-n-r-mate/
LuanVictor
Headliner

« Reply #1079 on: January 23, 2013, 11:10:05 AM »

Once the tour is over, Guns N' Roses will turn their focus to working on a seventh album.
Finally!
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 493 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: