Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 05:46:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228134 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 493 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1598261 times)
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1040 on: January 11, 2013, 02:08:28 PM »

Guns could release 4 albums tomorrow and I'm am 100% sure someone would bitch and say that isn't good enough. Why can't people just be happy with what they get when they get it?

Oh stop.  I don't see anyone REALLY bitching.  Your HAPPY with 1 album in the last 17plus years??

Happy? Yes, of course.

I think the problem is that some feel like they'd be "happier" with more. Is your happiness really dependent on how many albums GN'R releases?

David Bowie just announced a new album, his first in about a decade. Makes me wonder if his fans bitched for almost ten years about no shows or no album....

Artists are human too. Why can't you let them be that?

Why is it that some fans feel like they have the right to decide when an artist should present his/her work publicly? Like "it's been too long, release an album now".

/jarmo

As I've stated all along Jarmo, they can do whatever they want.  And so can I.  And what I'm doing, is stating that more than 1 album in a 17 year span would in fact make me happier....yes.  Something wrong with this?  You wanna wine and complain about us fans not really being fans??  Give it a rest. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1041 on: January 11, 2013, 02:11:06 PM »

Guns could release 4 albums tomorrow and I'm am 100% sure someone would bitch and say that isn't good enough. Why can't people just be happy with what they get when they get it?

Oh stop.  I don't see anyone REALLY bitching.  Your HAPPY with 1 album in the last 17plus years??

Happy? Yes, of course.

I think the problem is that some feel like they'd be "happier" with more. Is your happiness really dependent on how many albums GN'R releases?

David Bowie just announced a new album, his first in about a decade. Makes me wonder if his fans bitched for almost ten years about no shows or no album....

Artists are human too. Why can't you let them be that?

Why is it that some fans feel like they have the right to decide when an artist should present his/her work publicly? Like "it's been too long, release an album now".

/jarmo

It's human nature to want more of what you enjoy.

In interviews I've read, David Bowie had all but retired from music.

Guns N' Roses never technically broke up. The reality is that this is an entirely new band that has next to nothing to do with classic GN'R, but the popular opinion on this site is that GN'R never broke up, so we will run with that.

It's a simple fact that (1) album in 15 years is far below the normal output of any "active" band.
No one is demanding a new album. Stating your opinions/hopes/wishes to other fans that have nothing to do with band operations isn't demanding anything.

The fact that people to this day are even the least bit interested is a positive. Current GN'R should be ecstatic there is any interest at all because they have done very little to generate it themselves.

This may differ from the popular opinion here, but doesn't make it a complaint.
As I've said before, I consider Guns N' Roses dead as a creative entity. To me, they are a fabulous live act.
Axl and company have earned both reputations over the years. If they decide to get back in the saddle, great. I'd love nothing more than to hear fresh material out of Axl.
Just not holding my breath.

Exactly!  Wish some would understand this as opposed to bitching about people supposedly "demanding" things. 
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 02:20:08 PM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1042 on: January 11, 2013, 02:17:23 PM »

Tool
Nine Inch Nails
Aerosmith

Never technically "broke up" - all have had 7 years or more between albums during their careers.

I'd love a new album this year but I'm not going to lose any sleep if we don't get it. People need to stop acting like they're owed shit.

You guys miss the point.  I wont lose any sleep over it either, trust me.  But is it ok for me to state my opinion that one album in this span is poor, and question why another album takes so long?  Guess it is, guess I shouldn't state those things on here.  I guess it makes be a bad fan.  And to an above post, who said anything about us people who question things "not having a good time at a show" or enjoying the 1 album???  You are all YES people and machines. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1043 on: January 11, 2013, 03:47:00 PM »

Tool
Nine Inch Nails
Aerosmith

Never technically "broke up" - all have had 7 years or more between albums during their careers.

I'd love a new album this year but I'm not going to lose any sleep if we don't get it. People need to stop acting like they're owed shit.

You guys miss the point.  I wont lose any sleep over it either, trust me.  But is it ok for me to state my opinion that one album in this span is poor, and question why another album takes so long?  Guess it is, guess I shouldn't state those things on here.  I guess it makes be a bad fan.  And to an above post, who said anything about us people who question things "not having a good time at a show" or enjoying the 1 album???  You are all YES people and machines. 
Of course it's o.k. to wonder why an album takes so long to come and to want more new music.  Who doesn't really?  I don't see that as being the issue.  What I see as the issue is that everyone would like hear more new music, but some feel the need to state that desire, possibly in what could be construed as a criticism, over and over again.  I personally understand wanting new music and see nothing wrong with stating a desire for more new music.  What I don't comprehend is stating that over and over and over again as if somehow that will make your desire become a reality more quickly.

Ali
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1044 on: January 11, 2013, 04:35:45 PM »

Tool
Nine Inch Nails
Aerosmith

Of course it's o.k. to wonder why an album takes so long to come and to want more new music.  Who doesn't really?  I don't see that as being the issue.  What I see as the issue is that everyone would like hear more new music, but some feel the need to state that desire, possibly in what could be construed as a criticism, over and over again.  I personally understand wanting new music and see nothing wrong with stating a desire for more new music.  What I don't comprehend is stating that over and over and over again as if somehow that will make your desire become a reality more quickly.

Ali

Well i'm not one who states it over and over and over again, you can go back and look at my posts and easily see that.  So I guess Im good with you then

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #1045 on: January 11, 2013, 05:35:22 PM »

I'm curious to see if the label will leak new songs to kinda force a 2013 release
and throw out the baby with the bath water to Wal-Mart

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1046 on: January 11, 2013, 07:02:59 PM »

Tool
Nine Inch Nails
Aerosmith

Ali

Well i'm not one who states it over and over and over again, you can go back and look at my posts and easily see that.  So I guess Im good with you then

I never said you did that.  But, certainly, there are those that do.  That's a big reason why this thread grew so large in such a short period of time.

Ali
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #1047 on: January 11, 2013, 07:17:01 PM »

I'm curious to see if the label will leak new songs to kinda force a 2013 release
and throw out the baby with the bath water to Wal-Mart

the label ain't leaking shit....the Best Buy deal and worldwide sales more than recouped their money for Chinese. Whatever is in the vaults is gravy.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
DeN
Legend

« Reply #1048 on: January 11, 2013, 08:23:25 PM »

labels are not supposed to leak stuff.

we all know for whatever strategic questions, they do.
to test songs. to push artists to release albums. for publicity, creating buzz.
that's how it works.

about the sells, I don't know, but the best buy deal was kind of a fiasco if I remember correctly (not for the record company, sure).

ecwfan
Rocker

« Reply #1049 on: January 11, 2013, 09:09:08 PM »

labels are not supposed to leak stuff.

we all know for whatever strategic questions, they do.
to test songs. to push artists to release albums. for publicity, creating buzz.
that's how it works.

about the sells, I don't know, but the best buy deal was kind of a fiasco if I remember correctly (not for the record company, sure).

From what I remember Best Buy had never did one of those deals with albums. Wal-Mart offered a good bit of money and Best Buy had the better offer. What pissed them off was the label after the deal was done just got the money back and did nothing else. Best Buy wanted a video or something to help move album sales. But the label was like..fuck you....we gots paid and were not doing shit. Because at that point G'n'R couldn't tour due to Finick leaving the band n all , and them looking for his replacement.

I only see Wal-Mart getting involved if the label puts together a video and promotes the next album.
niko1279
Headliner

Your Imaginary Friend!

« Reply #1050 on: January 11, 2013, 09:10:46 PM »

http://idolator.com/238270/leak-of-the-year-guns-n-roses-democracy-has-finally-arrived   hihi
Lemmywinks
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1051 on: January 12, 2013, 07:19:34 AM »

I think my problem just comes from the lack of communication with the fans.  Would it be so hard for someone to give us some type of update?  Have they even worked on new music together?  Are they just finishing up all the older unreleased songs?  All we've ever really heard is that it won't take as long as the previous album to come out.  Well it's been nearly 5 years already and still no real sign or information as to what is coming out.  From what they've said, it will be out within the next 10 years.  I'm a huge fan of Guns N Roses, I've been to the live shows, they rock and all that stuff.  They would not exist without the money of fans like me, so I don't think we are being too "demanding" to at least expect a hint of information here and there. 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1052 on: January 12, 2013, 07:45:14 AM »

You can't win.

That's the truth.

If you speak too soon and things don't go as you hoped for, you'll be called a liar by the same people who are requesting updates.

If you decide not to say anything until it's finalized, well...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DeN
Legend

« Reply #1053 on: January 12, 2013, 08:37:37 AM »

What pissed them off was the label after the deal was done just got the money back and did nothing else. Best Buy wanted a video or something to help move album sales. But the label was like..fuck you....we gots paid and were not doing shit. Because at that point G'n'R couldn't tour due to Finick leaving the band n all , and them looking for his replacement.

that's why I said they throw out the baby with the bath water.
for them it was best buy business, they got the money they didn't care to promote it anymore.

If you speak too soon and things don't go as you hoped for, you'll be called a liar by the same people who are requesting updates.

probably but it's still the best move in my opinion.

Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #1054 on: January 12, 2013, 09:21:27 AM »

You can't win.

That's the truth.

If you decide not to say anything until it's finalized, well...

/jarmo

I agree with this 100%.  People want from timelines that don't exist.  When there is something to be announced here will be an announcement. Until then appreciate the tour.   Anyone here try to get a glimpse of Axl from 2003-2005?   You'll then know how I feel inside.   
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #1055 on: January 12, 2013, 10:45:07 AM »

Tool
Nine Inch Nails
Aerosmith

We're all yes people because we don't act like we're entitled to shit?

Not sure I see the logic there.

Lets make a little analogy: I waited decades for Stephen King to finish writing The Dark Tower; am I a yes man because I didn't make angry posts on his website because I understand the creative process takes time?

I read the Wheel of Time, Robert Jordan fucking -died- before he finished the series; guess I should be pissed (in reality it's sad that we lost his creativity and I'm glad someone else is finishing the series).

I've waited longer than 5 years for albums from other bands. I chose not to cry about it on their websites. Why? I understand that I'm a fan of the band, not their boss, and they don't owe me music; rather I'm happy to hear it when it comes out.

Don't get me wrong - I would love new music tomorrow but I'm not going to make a scene over it. Certain people have done a lot more than "state their opinion" on this issue. And that's not directed at you in particular you just happened to reply to my post.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1056 on: January 12, 2013, 12:06:24 PM »

Tool
Nine Inch Nails
Aerosmith

We're all yes people because we don't act like we're entitled to shit?

Not sure I see the logic there.

Lets make a little analogy: I waited decades for Stephen King to finish writing The Dark Tower; am I a yes man because I didn't make angry posts on his website because I understand the creative process takes time?

I read the Wheel of Time, Robert Jordan fucking -died- before he finished the series; guess I should be pissed (in reality it's sad that we lost his creativity and I'm glad someone else is finishing the series).

I've waited longer than 5 years for albums from other bands. I chose not to cry about it on their websites. Why? I understand that I'm a fan of the band, not their boss, and they don't owe me music; rather I'm happy to hear it when it comes out.

Don't get me wrong - I would love new music tomorrow but I'm not going to make a scene over it. Certain people have done a lot more than "state their opinion" on this issue. And that's not directed at you in particular you just happened to reply to my post.

No, because some people don't EVER have an opinion that is different than this band.  God forbid
They act so self righteous in thinking that THEIR way of supporting a band is better than the next persons.
Be careful of clumping us all into a group of few

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
bicycle handgrenade
Headliner

« Reply #1057 on: January 12, 2013, 03:45:00 PM »

Jarmo hit the nail on the head.

The band has nothing to gain by talking about plans for the next album until those plans are finalized. If for instance the plan was to put out the album next year, they'd be better off waiting until the date is closer before they get people's hopes up. The plan could change, there could be an unforeseen delay, etc.

And then people would be crying about how they were "promised" an album next year and didn't get it.

Absence of evidence is NOT evidence of absence. Most of us have no idea what the status of the next record is and until its release is a few months away, the band is better off focusing people's attention on other efforts.

I'm sure the fans in Australia will have a great time in March and the rest of us have the London film to look forward to as well as a possible Vegas film.

This is the strongest the GNR brand has been in 20 years and a new record at some point seems inevitable, but regardless of when it comes out, the band should probably stay quiet until the details of the release are set in stone.
Dok
Headliner

« Reply #1058 on: January 12, 2013, 03:57:38 PM »

Jarmo hit the nail on the head.

The band has nothing to gain by talking about plans for the next album until those plans are finalized. If for instance the plan was to put out the album next year, they'd be better off waiting until the date is closer before they get people's hopes up. The plan could change, there could be an unforeseen delay, etc.

And then people would be crying about how they were "promised" an album next year and didn't get it.

Absence of evidence is NOT evidence of absence. Most of us have no idea what the status of the next record is and until its release is a few months away, the band is better off focusing people's attention on other efforts.

I'm sure the fans in Australia will have a great time in March and the rest of us have the London film to look forward to as well as a possible Vegas film.

This is the strongest the GNR brand has been in 20 years and a new record at some point seems inevitable, but regardless of when it comes out, the band should probably stay quiet until the details of the release are set in stone.

I guess it wouldn't hurt anybody if Axl was to say "After this leg of the tour we're starting to work on a new record which will come out when we're done - whenever that my be." It's not that he has to say there will be a new album in stores on July 1 or anything and I don't think that's what people are asking for. I  don't think it's so much about a release date but people wanting to know if GNR will at some point start some serious work on a new record.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1059 on: January 12, 2013, 04:09:15 PM »

It seems to be the lack of information that is bothering people the most on here.  In those fans defense, if you ask any band in the world if they are  planning putting a record out in 2013, they know the answer.  It would be strange if they didn't.  I am sure Axl knows full well whether or not a new record is the plan this year or if it isn't.  It would be very odd if he had no clue whatsoever.  But what these fans need to understand is for whatever reason, GNR were never a band that shares every move they make with the fans or the rest of the world.  That is how they operate.

It used to frustrate fans back in the 90's, and thanks to social media you can multiply that by a million times here in 2013.  This day an age with things like Twitter, I can tell you every move a band is making when they are making it.  I recently knew when a favorite band of mind was laying drum tracks down for a new record as they were doing it thanks to twitter.   That is the world we we live in now.  GNR's way of doing business is the complete opposite of that, and  I can see that being frustrating to some fans.

I personally like that GNR do things their own way.  The sooner you realize that this band does whatever it wants whenever it wants regardless of your opinions, the happier you will be.  

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 493 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: