Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 03:24:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228111 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 493 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1596363 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1000 on: January 09, 2013, 10:53:46 AM »

That's for the lawyers to figure out. Bands have also been let go from contracts for all sorts of reasons, but if they had been working on music, the band might not be allowed to take those songs.

I just remember reading about a 6 album deal, but GNR renegotiated the contract before UYI came out, and prob. before Chinese Democracy came out.

I remember the same deal, 6 albums, one of which was a live album, another was a GH album.  Now...that was close to 20 years ago, so I could be WAY off base with that.

They've done 6 albums since I remember that deal being signed.

UYI = 2 albums
Spaghetti Incident = 1 album
GNR Live = 1 album (even though it's 2...it was the "live" album)
GNR Greatest Hits = 1 album
Chinese = 1 album

2+1+1+1+1+1 = 6 albums.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1001 on: January 09, 2013, 11:10:50 AM »

Ok...seriously back to topic.. On my way to work this morning I listened to Appetite for Destruction. What strikes me about this particular album is how perfectly in sync the music sounds. The Base and the drums are totally in sync as are the rythm and lead guitar parts. That comes from learning the songs, playing the hell out of the songs and then and only then recording them. Rick Ruben ( the producer) is big on this process. I hope GNR go into the studio with all new material. Im not a fan of letting songs collect dust and then recording new parts. I feel songs lose there meaning. they lose there heart. CD suffered from this in my opinion. The music really doesnt sound in sync. Great songs on it. Crappy production though. Axl has a kick ass band who seem to be on a roll right now. Talented musicians. Lets see how that chemistry resonates in the studio.

I think that was the major issue on Chinese Democracy, you had layers and layers and layers of music, and that was kinda confusing to listen to in the tracks. And that's why i think 3 guitar players is too much... but in any case i do hope they release a new album more in sync in 2014, if my bet is right.

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #1002 on: January 09, 2013, 11:34:21 AM »

Appetite and UYI have 3 guitars in all songs (or in the most of them) and surely that's not "too much".
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 11:42:52 AM by Reinaldo » Logged

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #1003 on: January 09, 2013, 12:16:13 PM »

Ok...seriously back to topic.. On my way to work this morning I listened to Appetite for Destruction. What strikes me about this particular album is how perfectly in sync the music sounds. The Base and the drums are totally in sync as are the rythm and lead guitar parts. That comes from learning the songs, playing the hell out of the songs and then and only then recording them. Rick Ruben ( the producer) is big on this process. I hope GNR go into the studio with all new material. Im not a fan of letting songs collect dust and then recording new parts. I feel songs lose there meaning. they lose there heart. CD suffered from this in my opinion. The music really doesnt sound in sync. Great songs on it. Crappy production though. Axl has a kick ass band who seem to be on a roll right now. Talented musicians. Lets see how that chemistry resonates in the studio.

I think that was the major issue on Chinese Democracy, you had layers and layers and layers of music, and that was kinda confusing to listen to in the tracks. And that's why i think 3 guitar players is too much... but in any case i do hope they release a new album more in sync in 2014, if my bet is right.

I think dj, fortus and bumble have worked up amazing chemistry. All the touring have contributed to that. Just imagine what this kinda chemistry have to say for a record Smiley

No, three guitars aren't too much. They fill eachother out perfectly.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #1004 on: January 09, 2013, 01:14:02 PM »

Everybody, please ignore all obvious attempts at trolling from now on.

It was fun while it lasted but sometimes watching paint dry is more rewarding than talking to that kind of people.

/jarmo
Can't you just ban him? I know that he'll get his badge of honour, indulge him this once and put pay to his dirge.... And indulge us in the process, please. yes
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1005 on: January 09, 2013, 01:28:32 PM »

I think the strength of Chinese Democracy was in how complex it started. All the guitars work really well together- so much depth. It's easily the Guns album I come back to the most now, and part of that is due to the fact every time I listen to it I discover and hear something new. It's definitely not an album you'll hear once and be instantly hooked, but it's one that grows on you so much. After Illusion 2 and Appetite it's my favourite one.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
CoBrA2168
Headliner

« Reply #1006 on: January 09, 2013, 05:48:28 PM »

When you are disrespectful to the band, its members and people working for the band, don't expect me to kiss your ass.

In this case, we have a person whose been begging others to sell him unreleased unheard GN'R tracks in the past. On top of that, he's shown total lack of respect towards this site and myself.
How he can expect me to be nice to him is beyond me.

Anyway, regarding the change in "attitude" on this site. You're right.
For years I could see why people were upset with getting nothing. No shows, no tours, no news, no new album etc etc. But things started happening in 2006. We had a new band playing shows in NYC, Europe and then again in North America.

Things were happening, yet the whining continued. I couldn't relate to it. It made less sense.

And then the album came out, and we had shows and so on. And still, some kept whining...

So, to me it makes less and less sense to be a fan and whine about shit when you have far more things going on than say in 2005....

I just got tired of it.

I also can't relate to feeling "owed" as a fan.

When you say "It's as good as Portugal on Ice Hockey, you're assuming Portugal HAS Ice Hockey and they're not that good" For someone/a country to be bad at something, that something has to exist... don't you think?   drool

Well, actually they do have it, but their track record is still as good as yours in telling the truth. So... Keep trying to explain the analogy away. Portugal is as good in ice hockey as you're in telling the truth. Smiley

/jarmo

I don't normally post here, but I needed to chime in on how fans are treated...

Sure, those things you mentioned are nice, but really the only thing we got was 1 album, and endless touring.  I was able to see GNR twice since 2009 and both shows were fantastic.  But that's literally all we've had.  You go to a show or two, buy a copy (or two) of Chinese Democracy, and we are back at square 1.  We love our band, and want more.  Considering I had heard over half of Chinese Democracy from live bootlegs before it's release, I can't say I was completely satisfied.

Plus not many bands nowadays wait this long between albums.  Or at least you hear an OFFICIAL announcement (via Twitter, Facebook, interview, website, etc.) that the band is working on an album.  All we have are countless interviews from Fortus, Dizzy, Bumblefoot, etc. stating that they would LIKE to sit down and work on an album, but it just hasn't happened yet.  With that said, I'd say we're AT LEAST a year off before hearing any kind of new music.

More and more touring...is that all that's left with our favorite band?
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1007 on: January 09, 2013, 05:55:16 PM »

Here's some 'truth' for you Halo69- you're a tediously boring fucker who has nothing to say that any of us are remotely interested in hearing.

Now kindly fuck off.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1008 on: January 09, 2013, 06:12:43 PM »

The last thing I remember Axl saying on the subject.  While on tour in India...

hihi

It?s been four years since your last release, Chinese Democracy. Are you working on something new now? When can fans expect your next release?

Axl Rose: Yes, in the future! Ha!

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Entertainment/Music/I-have-always-wanted-to-play-in-India-Axl-Rose/Article1-968621.aspx

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1009 on: January 09, 2013, 06:19:24 PM »

Touring Australia now...ha 

This is what I'm talking about.  GNR can do what they want, but it sure does seem that an album is not important to them.  They've already been to Australia with Chinese have they not?  Lets see how long they can keep touring the playing the same music with different band members coming and going along the way! Axl must really love to perform

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1010 on: January 09, 2013, 06:22:41 PM »

Honestly i think there's a new album coming out in November - December 2014. 2013 will be kinda silent. That's my expectation, but things always leak when the cd is finally delivered to the label.

gnrfan1797
« Reply #1011 on: January 09, 2013, 06:47:50 PM »

Guns could release 4 albums tomorrow and I'm am 100% sure someone would bitch and say that isn't good enough. Why can't people just be happy with what they get when they get it?
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1012 on: January 09, 2013, 07:06:54 PM »

Guns could release 4 albums tomorrow and I'm am 100% sure someone would bitch and say that isn't good enough. Why can't people just be happy with what they get when they get it?

I would be really really happy with that! To a point that that would be enough Guns N'Roses for me 4 life... With 4 cds i would close the GNR chapter as if they would retire!

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1013 on: January 09, 2013, 09:41:13 PM »

I 100% agree that they are all extremely talented musicians and the onstage chemistry is nothing short of magical for every fan who was witness to it in any way, shape or form.  HOWEVER I have serious doubts that chemistry would carry over into the creative process for a new album.

IMHO, I think the onstage chemistry worked only because THE MATERIAL they presented was mixed n' matched with the mindset of everyone involved to represent what was and is "Guns N' Roses"

I have my doubts that these same individuals can come together as one and duplicate that chemistry off stage.  They don't seem to be on the same wavelength as to what it means to be this band.  I don't think some of them can or are willing to separate what they are as solo artists to be able to create what is purely "Guns N' Roses"

I think the album Chinese Democracy worked because it incorporated both those who created the material with enough input from those who would be the 'face' of the band.  Same goes for how they represent the classic material onstage.  Like it or not, it all IS Guns N' Roses.

That's why I think they will use the same CD formula for the next album.  They'll use the material that's already there.  Credit and use parts by those who created it and tweak it with the onstage talent (whoever they are or will be come studio time).

This formula would also be the way to go if they are begrudgingly contracted to release another album under this label (or to whomever).  They can pick and choose what they're willing to give up and still be true to the fans (as opposed to what they want to release without current corporate restraints).

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1014 on: January 09, 2013, 09:51:35 PM »

Im the complete opposite mindset.

I believe CD is a somewhat uneven album cause you have such different players tackling it.. Robin To Bucket to Ron etc etc...

With the cohesiveness and chemistry this band developed... I really believe an album would be tighter and just better overall. More guitar riffs more of a GNR type sound

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1015 on: January 10, 2013, 12:43:36 AM »

Let them finish touring Chinese around the world, before they start working on a new album.  Some countries haven't seen the band since Chinese came out.  I think that's what they're concentrating on now.  Then when the time is right, they will go into the studio and make a new record.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #1016 on: January 10, 2013, 02:31:26 AM »

I was thinking about what songs I personally heard live from CD and other GNR albums now from 2006 on.. And I saw GNR at 12 shows since from the Hammerstein shows and on now thru Vegas. I am thrilled I got to hear 11 of those tunes live!! I don't know how many bands unless they touring just solely to play an entire older album in a catalog does that. On top of that I have the classics, and added classics to the sets, and covers that are brilliant.  What fan wouldn't want that? My only wish is in a future GNR show I get to hear Prostitute live, not via you tube or flacs or recorded from, and whatever new material they have to come. Dumb asses talk about just new material to tour behind, fans who love music and love bands and actually go to see bands talk about experiences and the joy it brings when you are among like who are like you. Back in the early 90s when GNR toured for illusions, for 3 yrs they did and played majority of those album cuts and yeah some rare and some not, but for CD they have played every single song from that album at least 1 time, in some place. I look forward to the new and future cause I rather the band I love play the songs they wrote live then just make an album and play 3-5 songs cause its new, (look at van halen do you think people care they didn't play much from the last album?Huh

Fuck that, when GNR put out new music, its meant to be heard, as long as it takes for the songs to get to everyone they can get it to. Name me another band that can say they tour and play just about everything they have done over a career, and again not cause they are celebrating an old album ,but rather just for the mere fact that they did always.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #1017 on: January 10, 2013, 02:59:38 AM »

I was thinking about what songs I personally heard live from CD and other GNR albums now from 2006 on.. And I saw GNR at 12 shows since from the Hammerstein shows and on now thru Vegas. I am thrilled I got to hear 11 of those tunes live!! I don't know how many bands unless they touring just solely to play an entire older album in a catalog does that. On top of that I have the classics, and added classics to the sets, and covers that are brilliant.  What fan wouldn't want that? My only wish is in a future GNR show I get to hear Prostitute live, not via you tube or flacs or recorded from, and whatever new material they have to come. Dumb asses talk about just new material to tour behind, fans who love music and love bands and actually go to see bands talk about experiences and the joy it brings when you are among like who are like you. Back in the early 90s when GNR toured for illusions, for 3 yrs they did and played majority of those album cuts and yeah some rare and some not, but for CD they have played every single song from that album at least 1 time, in some place. I look forward to the new and future cause I rather the band I love play the songs they wrote live then just make an album and play 3-5 songs cause its new, (look at van halen do you think people care they didn't play much from the last album?Huh

Fuck that, when GNR put out new music, its meant to be heard, as long as it takes for the songs to get to everyone they can get it to. Name me another band that can say they tour and play just about everything they have done over a career, and again not cause they are celebrating an old album ,but rather just for the mere fact that they did always.
Completely agree, GREAT post!!!...  Smiley
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #1018 on: January 10, 2013, 03:15:45 AM »

Serious Smiley, who was complaining that GNR toured for 3 yrs for Illusions, 86- 91 for AFD no one!!!, they just complain that the original guys are not there, anymore, and use the touring of the new band as somehow not right, BULLSHIT ON THEM!. I go to GNR shows to see my favorite band no complain and I get rewarded with a great experience and songs I want to hear, so people that have a problem .. just FUCK OFF!!.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1019 on: January 10, 2013, 06:45:38 AM »

Jazjme i understand and respect your opinion however, It's a little different to have gaps of 5 years, then having gaps of 15 years.

From 85/86 to the release of Appetite, you had an EP. It was very rare indeed, but it did came out. Plus you had future new songs played live.

Besides between Appetite and the 3 year illusions tour, you had Lies with 4 new songs and another couple of songs that came out on a very rare EP (live like a suicide). Then when the Illusions came out you got another 30 tracks counting with My World. So it's not exactly the same thing now is it? Tongue

See i would like to think it's the same as well... and forget about the Original band and move on with this New Band, but you can't compare the release of 38 songs (38!) in a 4 year period to 14 songs in a 15 year period. There's really no possible comparison!

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 493 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: