Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 03:47:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Doesn't Miss Drama In New Band
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Doesn't Miss Drama In New Band  (Read 11146 times)
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2012, 07:54:10 PM »

Also I heard Slash was responsible for the financial markets crashing and may be a made member of the Taliban.  Roll Eyes

Slash is the only musician around who cares about money, didn't you realize that?  Roll Eyes

libertad
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2012, 07:58:13 PM »

D, where is it a top ten single? I checked both iTunes and billboard and it's not on any chart.

http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=255606

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2012, 08:01:40 PM »

D, where is it a top ten single? I checked both iTunes and billboard and it's not on any chart.

http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=255606

#5 on mainstream rock
#9 on Active rock

This is the industry trade publication, and is the most accurate thing out there.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2012, 08:03:14 PM »

Billboard is  a combo chart of Alternative,Mainstream,Triple A

Slash obviously is getting no play on Alternative stations, so that puts him behind the 8 ball on a billboard chart although it is number 23 there

but the charts i posted are most accurate.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2012, 09:06:19 PM »

Isn't this the guy who decided to record his guitar parts for Contraband in a cheaper studio, only to complain that he didn't like the experience and didn't feel inspired enough to play solos....

Never heard that - what's the source?

His book.

True enough, it's on pages 440-441.  Although his exact words were "I wanted to go into a smaller studio to save the band some money", not himself personally.  He didn't realize until after the fact that it didn't work for his preferred recording setup, which resulted in his playing on Contraband to be "pretty reserved" by his standards.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2012, 06:25:30 AM »

True enough, it's on pages 440-441.  Although his exact words were "I wanted to go into a smaller studio to save the band some money", not himself personally. 

Yeah, he wanted to save them some money... His idea.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2012, 08:19:08 AM »

Turning a profit on an album is important-there is another band I like that spent 13 million dollars on an album which resulted in years of delays-Good or bad, Slash is getting ready to put out an album he's  involved in as a group or solo for the 5th time in the last 12 years.

libertad
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2012, 04:57:05 PM »

Will he miss the drama of VR if this album doesn't reach the expectations?

Right now a VR tour/album seems like a bad idea. He can do as he wishes with his own band. But what if this doesn't go as planned? Back to VR? How do you explain going back to that kind of situation after saying you don't miss it? The "we're a gang/brothers" line or the "the world needs a real rock n' roll band" line?  Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2012, 06:29:26 PM »

I think if things don't go exactly as Slash wants, he'll release a statement (or 2) under the guise of virtue lightly shrouding a self serving agenda his blindly loyal Top Hatted fanbase will take as a true act of integrity on the same week of his new records release. Wink

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2012, 07:00:48 PM »

I don't think Slash has a plan after this album yet. He never intended that there would be a follow up solo album it just happened. It will not matter if it does well or not. He and Myles started writing the album coming out this month 2 years ago before he knew how the first one would sell. If he continues to work with Myles they will start writing on the bus, they could already be doing so for all we know.

If he goes back to VR the singer chosen will have to meet his expectations, he has made it very clear he will not put up with drama. But that is probably the same attitude Duff will take also. His band LOADED is drama free that is one of the reasons he loves it so much.

It is JMO I don't think Slash will ever work in a band situation without Myles again.
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2012, 09:31:29 AM »

Why is it that people on this section are so hung up on money?

Because Slash is as well?

Isn't this the guy who decided to record his guitar parts for Contraband in a cheaper studio, only to complain that he didn't like the experience and didn't feel inspired enough to play solos....

All in the name of saving money.

/jarmo

Hindsight is 20/20, because you make a sacrafice to save money does not make you hung up on money,I went to the store could have bought a good stereo for $300 but decided to save money and went with the cheaper stereo for $150, only to hear the difference in quality later. That doesn't make me hung up on money where every decision is dictated by that. I don't hear Slash talking about money and merchandising frequently like members of KISS do, that would be a band hung up on money. What I ment was that very frequently people on this board will judge a decision of any Past or present guns members based on money. When we have no concrete proof that they are infact doing a venture just for money. It seems like the posters (and i'm not pointing the finger at any one poster particularly) are very hung up for money themselves and if they were in the situation of the Guns members, or any prominent musician they would be acting on accordance with their desire form money and not for the music, so they feel a subconcious guilt and take it out on here under the guise of a message board

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2012, 10:19:53 AM »

It is JMO I don't think Slash will ever work in a band situation without Myles again.

I really hope that's not the case. Myles just doesn't do much for me.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: