Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 05:34:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Doesn't Miss Drama In New Band
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Doesn't Miss Drama In New Band  (Read 11161 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: May 02, 2012, 09:27:36 PM »

Slash Doesn't Miss Drama In New Band

May 2, 2012

Happily, there's no such drama in Slash's new band, which will showcase songs off an upcoming studio album on Monday, May 7, at Hard Rock Live. "Apocalyptic Love," due on May 22, showcases lead singer Myles Kennedy, known for his work with Orlando-based Creed spin-off Alter Bridge.

The studio album, a follow-up to Slash's self-titled 2010 solo release, also features bassist Todd Kerns and drummer Brent Fitz in an ensemble known as the Conspirators. The unit has been touring together for two years that have been blissfully lacking rock-star meltdowns.

"This has been really liberating for me," Slash said in a phone interview on a break from a tour rehearsal in Maryland. "The first solo album was the first time, really, that I was on my own to stretch my wings without the democratic, diplomatic situation you have to have in a band. That went right into working with these guys.

"It's nonconfrontational, nondramatic," he said. "I've never been in a situation like that where there's no reason to have an issue about anything. I haven't had this much fun in a band situation since Guns started."

Although Slash's soaring riffs in hits such as "Sweet Child O' Mine" and "Welcome to the Jungle" have been etched into Guns N' Roses' DNA since the band's formation in 1985, his relationship with Rose deteriorated into dysfunctionality. In 2009, Rose called the guitarist "a cancer."

And the prospects for a reunion: "If you haven't figured that one out after 17 years or however long it's been," Slash said, "you'll still be asking that no matter what I tell you."

By comparison, Slash and Kennedy became easy collaborators on the new album.

"We're both workaholics," Slash said. "We'd be working six nights a week, then get back to the hotel in middle of the night. I'd have ideas and MP3 them to Myles. There he'd be, sitting at his computer working."

"It's different when you're dealing with people who aren't looking to cause problems, who aren't so self-centered and screwed up that everything has to be a battle," Slash said. "I'm not saying that about any of the bands I've been in, per se. Rock and roll tends to breed a lot of idiosyncratic stuff, but I've been around to the point now that I don't have time for that."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/os-slash-orlando-show-20120502,0,2944626.story

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 01:00:39 AM »

And the prospects for a reunion: "If you haven't figured that one out after 17 years or however long it's been," Slash said, "you'll still be asking that no matter what I tell you."

Bravo on the answer Slash, bravo!
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 07:06:21 AM »

It probably helps that he is the boss and has the final say. Wether thats what he has always wanted or something which is a nice change for him is something we wont know. I dont care as long as the music is good!
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 10:49:24 AM »

It probably helps that he is the boss and has the final say. Wether thats what he has always wanted or something which is a nice change for him is something we wont know. I dont care as long as the music is good!

Seems to me like he just wants everything drama free. Who can blame him.

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 02:49:16 PM »

Seems to me like he just wants everything drama free. Who can blame him.

And I think the same goes for Duff, he seems really happy with Loaded, no drama just fun..
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 10:37:42 PM »

So essentially he likes it better when his "band" is a group of hired musicians and has a singer that just does as he's told, huh?  Shocker  hihi

Doofey
Headliner

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 11:12:27 PM »

What will be interesting to see though is rather or not it makes money. His last album wasn't a hit by any stretch and this one will lack of the star power of Fergie, Ozzy, etc. Myles doesn't have the best album sales record either. So even if this band makes him happy or feel in control, and he doesn't have to deal with anyone else's opinions, he may have to deal with the fact that it won't pay for itself.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 12:23:49 AM »

You're A Lie is a top 10 single.

so it has a shot.

Slash reaps most of profit of album sales, so he'd have to sell a very small amount to recoup his money.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 08:30:40 AM »

What will be interesting to see though is rather or not it makes money. His last album wasn't a hit by any stretch and this one will lack of the star power of Fergie, Ozzy, etc. Myles doesn't have the best album sales record either. So even if this band makes him happy or feel in control, and he doesn't have to deal with anyone else's opinions, he may have to deal with the fact that it won't pay for itself.

I don't know how well the last one did but it must have made money. Slash funded it 100% so I cannot imagine he would have done another one if he would have lost money. The last AB album must have done very well because they are already to record a new album also.
Doofey
Headliner

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 11:57:57 AM »

D, where is it a top ten single? I checked both iTunes and billboard and it's not on any chart.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2012, 02:10:22 AM »

So essentially he likes it better when his "band" is a group of hired musicians and has a singer that just does as he's told, huh?

Yep, which means Slash and Axl DO have something in common after all!  Tongue  All solo projects do have one guy in charge, so what's your issue?  That's why they're called a SOLO project.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 02:35:54 AM by Bridge » Logged
3STRANG3D
Headliner

Nothing UnReal Just human

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2012, 04:08:33 PM »

I think someone has been calling Durden, Tyler Durden again.

There are people who understand & people who don?t, but those I can?t stand are the people who pretend, act and react not only as if they don?t understand, but as if they don?t even know at all, ?cause ok, everybody else doesn?t but those few, oh they do. & so well! So, I ?ve met Miss Drama, herself, the reason was probably Slash, & your amazing band for the day, Velvet Revolver, so I am not quite sure how much ammo was wasted there trying to kill a ghost. The ball?s never been to our court, I would love a few rounds of ping pong I must admit! I must have been nuts to even considered something like this from happening! We ve chosen to focus not on what we could have done better or easier for ourselves, but only to criticize and scrutiny what others made worst for us, just by being themselves! (If & whenever possible this can be! And acceptable! Should this not be inconvenient! doesn?t cause any massive hysteria! and cataclysmic chain reactions! of locomotives out trail! of no proportion! or logic! or point! from here to Salem lot trailer park! or major catastrophies etc which can be manipulated, sold and written on pretty much so many different versions and variations and degrees! Won?t do this ever again Kim, I promise! What did I know? Oh nothing! just a GnR fan, that?s all!!)

I am not quite sure if I am a qualified therapist of a mental institution, in the middle of the jungle, shananana knees, knees, we gathered & set up a kindergarden circus run, so, I done a lot of observation for years & I concluded that the most common type of reaction when there was a problem, was to sorda run to Mr. Media Teacher,Teacher! Rocker & Preacher! complaining how shitty others have been towards them or their Art for the day, let this be a solo, a song, an imaginary record deal or just a fart of the moment!   

16 years later, I hope (& pray to Matt who believes in God I gather, so he can pass the prayer higher above for me) that divorce will be accepted, cause VR didn?t work either. Slash decided to leave when I was 15? I am now 32. I got over it. Nothing lasts forever, even the milking of a cow, especially when it has been raining cats and dogs from time to time but given the circumstances, maybe I neglected to remind to myself how much we had shared, BEFORE I open my mouth AGAIN, spewing. So I had to back off, although I could belittle & hurt, I had to find the strength to see the bigger picture, and that was bigger than saving face. 

I could have not imagined, how much effort would have needed to dedicate towards something I had the impression it mattered as the ball's never been to our Court, wasn?t like anyone was taking the left liberal ball of the elephant man, it must weigh few tones worth for distortion by now, and doing a sudden hit and run of positivity by being hypocritical over what we were just been praised for, while slaying any other part, at any given time with so much ease? No, not at all. By any means.

I have been 'away' for a really long time but from what I gather, Slash & co would have been happy if Axl was 6 feet under the ground. Well, didnt happen. But you cant just say that you didnt try, hey! You can feel great nowdays towards yourselves. And maybe in 10 years from now, the children may also join lets bitch towards Axl champaigne! U spewed some much hatred and BULLSHIT, woohoo, 16 years after, Slash still stays strong! "I cant handle the Q by the media! I cant put them back to their place, I have psychological problems to solve , I decided to divorce and 166 years after, I still can hear her complain! " Yep, keep wasting ammo. Plus he smiles so differently nowdays, which is PRICELESS ha ha !! 

Here to some REAL drama every day awards, fuck Hollywood bullshit!      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOINSUWOqyo 

If the Concete receives,  Viva La Fuckin' Marlboro Revolucion!    ok   effortless. You ll never know!  ok

"There goes mama, spwashin in the wa-ta! no more fightin wit dad! no more restraining order! no more step-da-da! no more new brother! blow her kisses bye-bye! Say mommy you love her! " Eminem BITCH!!!
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2012, 04:30:35 PM »

There are people who understand & people who don?t, but those I can?t stand are the people who pretend, act and react not only as if they don?t understand, but as if they don?t even know at all, ?cause ok, everybody else doesn?t but those few, oh they do. & so well! So, I ?ve met Miss Drama, herself, the reason was probably Slash, & your amazing band for the day, Velvet Revolver, so I am not quite sure how much ammo was wasted there trying to kill a ghost. The ball?s never been to our court, I would love a few rounds of ping pong I must admit! I must have been nuts to even considered something like this from happening! We ve chosen to focus not on what we could have done better or easier for ourselves, but only to criticize and scrutiny what others made worst for us, just by being themselves! (If & whenever possible this can be! And acceptable! Should this not be inconvenient! doesn?t cause any massive hysteria! and cataclysmic chain reactions! of locomotives out trail! of no proportion! or logic! or point! from here to Salem lot trailer park! or major catastrophies etc which can be manipulated, sold and written on pretty much so many different versions and variations and degrees! Won?t do this ever again Kim, I promise! What did I know? Oh nothing! just a GnR fan, that?s all!!)

I am not quite sure if I am a qualified therapist of a mental institution, in the middle of the jungle, shananana knees, knees, we gathered & set up a kindergarden circus run, so, I done a lot of observation for years & I concluded that the most common type of reaction when there was a problem, was to sorda run to Mr. Media Teacher,Teacher! Rocker & Preacher! complaining how shitty others have been towards them or their Art for the day, let this be a solo, a song, an imaginary record deal or just a fart of the moment!   

16 years later, I hope (& pray to Matt who believes in God I gather, so he can pass the prayer higher above for me) that divorce will be accepted, cause VR didn?t work either. Slash decided to leave when I was 15? I am now 32. I got over it. Nothing lasts forever, even the milking of a cow, especially when it has been raining cats and dogs from time to time but given the circumstances, maybe I neglected to remind to myself how much we had shared, BEFORE I open my mouth AGAIN, spewing. So I had to back off, although I could belittle & hurt, I had to find the strength to see the bigger picture, and that was bigger than saving face. 

I could have not imagined, how much effort would have needed to dedicate towards something I had the impression it mattered as the ball's never been to our Court, wasn?t like anyone was taking the left liberal ball of the elephant man, it must weigh few tones worth for distortion by now, and doing a sudden hit and run of positivity by being hypocritical over what we were just been praised for, while slaying any other part, at any given time with so much ease? No, not at all. By any means.

I have been 'away' for a really long time but from what I gather, Slash & co would have been happy if Axl was 6 feet under the ground. Well, didnt happen. But you cant just say that you didnt try, hey! You can feel great nowdays towards yourselves. And maybe in 10 years from now, the children may also join lets bitch towards Axl champaigne! U spewed some much hatred and BULLSHIT, woohoo, 16 years after, Slash still stays strong! "I cant handle the Q by the media! I cant put them back to their place, I have psychological problems to solve , I decided to divorce and 166 years after, I still can hear her complain! " Yep, keep wasting ammo. Plus he smiles so differently nowdays, which is PRICELESS ha ha !! 

Here to some REAL drama every day awards, fuck Hollywood bullshit!      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOINSUWOqyo 

If the Concete receives,  Viva La Fuckin' Marlboro Revolucion!    ok   effortless. You ll never know!  ok

Am I alone in hoping that a certain number of these posts results in a ban?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2012, 04:50:16 PM »

Am I alone in hoping that a certain number of these posts results in a ban?

No.  Enough already.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2012, 05:57:01 AM »

Its a mix of crazy drunken rambling, some sentences inpsired by GnR song lyrics, and a strange language runned through google translater ... hihi

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2012, 09:58:56 AM »

Why is it that people on this section are so hung up on money? I think slash makes enough money every day when Guns songs are played on the radio countless times all over the world

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2012, 10:48:28 AM »

Why is it that people on this section are so hung up on money?

Because Slash is as well?

Isn't this the guy who decided to record his guitar parts for Contraband in a cheaper studio, only to complain that he didn't like the experience and didn't feel inspired enough to play solos....

All in the name of saving money.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2012, 10:58:14 AM »

Also I heard Slash was responsible for the financial markets crashing and may be a made member of the Taliban.  Roll Eyes

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2012, 05:51:24 PM »

Isn't this the guy who decided to record his guitar parts for Contraband in a cheaper studio, only to complain that he didn't like the experience and didn't feel inspired enough to play solos....

Never heard that - what's the source?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2012, 06:40:39 PM »

Never heard that - what's the source?

His book.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: