Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 12:43:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Scott Weiland on VR Reunion
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott Weiland on VR Reunion  (Read 3933 times)
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« on: May 01, 2012, 10:12:32 PM »

Full article is cool, but here's the bit that pertains to VR:

Rumors of a Velvet Revolver reunion have also been swirling ever since a one-off live performance with his former bandmates in January, and Weiland says he'd be open to it down the road. "Yeah, I definitely would, some time," says Weiland. "If Maynard [James Keenan] can do it with A Perfect Circle and Tool, then there's no reason why I shouldn't go and do it with both bands."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/scott-weiland-talks-avengers-tune-stp-anniversary-tour-20120501

Please, just FORGET about searching for a singer and just make another record with Scott - if they know he is going to leave and head back to STP afterwards, it should make it a lot easier for the egos in the band to tolerate each other! 
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 11:04:08 PM »

Fingers Crossed

I still work out to Contraband and select songs from Libertad all the time and they still kick as much as today as when they came out.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 11:14:57 PM »

It would probably work out better this way.

Slash will have some time off when he is sharing Myles with AB, and Scott will have some time off from STP.

I think alot of the tension that was there before would be alleviated now as everyone has something else going on, and the cloud of STP/GNR and other reunions that seemed to dog them have all worked themselves out.

I think everyone would be in a much better place since it would be more lax instead of the sole and total focus of their career as it was the first go around.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 11:17:40 PM »

I know STP will be touring this year and Slash will be out with his new CD - but next year maybe a small run of dates?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 01:27:16 AM »

It would probably work out better this way.

Slash will have some time off when he is sharing Myles with AB, and Scott will have some time off from STP.

I think alot of the tension that was there before would be alleviated now as everyone has something else going on, and the cloud of STP/GNR and other reunions that seemed to dog them have all worked themselves out.

I think everyone would be in a much better place since it would be more lax instead of the sole and total focus of their career as it was the first go around.
That's possible.  I think there'd be a lot less pressure on them too the second time around.  Not saying that pressure got to them, or was a problem for them.  But it could be more "fun" than businesslike if they can learn to tolerate one another again.  That, I'm not so sure about though.  Slash hasn't really seemed too anxious to get back to VR and or/Scott from what I've heard out of him.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 10:31:00 AM »

I'd like to see this too. But the problem with Scott is reliability. It could go fine for months and the second he walked on stage fucked up the other guys would regret the whole thing.

That being said, I think the original split had as much to do with money as anything. The other guys got a little full of themselves too and underestimated how difficult it would be to replace Scott.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 11:41:19 AM »

Not going to happen.  Its clear that Slash didnt rate Weiland too highly and hasn't really tried to get VR going again.

Even if they were up for it... how could Slash, Duff and Scott all juggle 2 projects?
As it is, Slash is working around Myles and AB's schedule. 

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 12:42:09 PM »

Not going to happen.  Its clear that Slash didnt rate Weiland too highly and hasn't really tried to get VR going again.

Even if they were up for it... how could Slash, Duff and Scott all juggle 2 projects?

a lot of bands today juggle more than one project.  VR can be a part time thing.  A record and tour every 4 years or so.  They dont have to hit every market on a tour.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 12:43:37 PM »

Could be cool if it happened. I could take it or leave though I guess.

On one hand it would be cool to hear Scott back w/VR because although it wasn't his best work, he sounded far more inspired in my opinion w/them, than he has on anything STP post '96. Plus whether it be STP or VR, he's second to no one live when he's not too fucked up. His voice is still strong and he's a true frontman. Sucks to see him mail it in like he appears to be doing studio wise with the Deleo bros.

On the other hand I'm far more interested in what Slash is doing now w/Myles and company. There's no doubt more talent in VR, but Slash seems more inspired w/his solo stuff, and I'm liking what I've heard/seen so far from Myles and the Conspirators. Weiland clearly isn't on the same page musically as Slash at this point in his career. Seems to me Scott is over hard rock

All that said, if they tour, I'll be there!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 08:44:39 PM »

a lot of bands today juggle more than one project.  VR can be a part time thing.  A record and tour every 4 years or so.  They dont have to hit every market on a tour.
They COULD do it, but I'm not sold that they all WANT to do it.  Namely Slash and Duff.  I'm sure Matt and Dave would be all in to get going again, but you need more than that.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: