Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 06:49:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228135 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Any chance for Myles to consider joining VR?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Any chance for Myles to consider joining VR?  (Read 19374 times)
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2012, 06:30:15 PM »

I think maybe Myles is taking it one tour/album at a time with Slash-I think it's pretty much Slash writing the music, and Myles writing lyrics-with Velvet Revolver, you are dealing with having the other guys with more involvement with writing and stuff-he could stop working with Slash after this tour/album, and it would not be a big deal.

libertad
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2012, 06:34:38 PM »

3. The feeling Jarmo got by seeing Myles standing in for Axl is the same feeling that I have when I see other guys standing in for Duff, Slash, Izzy and Steven. I think now he knows how some of us feel...  rofl

Interesting point

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2012, 07:30:06 PM »

It seems as though The Savage Animal did a couple of GNR classics last night in Paraguay with
the Rock N Roll All stars tour.

Any feelings on that anyone? 

Does he have enough balls, grit, swagger, attitude and fist pumping vigor to be allowed to sing these songs with the likes of Duff, Matt and Gilby?

Sebastian Bach has one of the most powerful voices I've ever heard.  I certainly like his tone a helluva lot more than Myles.  Myles has a great range, but his tone is very bland to me.  That's what makes him unappealing to listen to for me.  Also, having seen him live, I don't think he has the greatest stage presence, either.  Baz has the edge in tone and stage presence as far as I'm concerned.  Whether or not he's allowed to sing with ex-GN'R members is another question entirely.  I think he has grit and attitude in bunches.  I don't how his voice would fit with the old band.

Ali
3STRANG3D
Headliner

Nothing UnReal Just human

« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2012, 08:24:40 PM »

I dont really like Myles. Not my cup of ...vocals. Even remotely. & I am not just listening to GnR! He does obviously deserve credit on even trying to sing the songs of another so well-established artist, in every aspect of it while you have the whole world watching but... his performance was terrible. Just being honest, nothing to do by me being subjective and following blindly someone in specific. I dont think anyone stands in the position of someone else. I mean I understand that the fans  see it this way, but something tells me if you ask the individuals themselves, I hope that none of them would be ignorant or childish to think that they stand in the position of somebody else... Cmon, lets get real here! 

I have to agree with Jarmo about Weiland. He was trying WAY to much & looked completely out of place & time with the rest of the band who looked really cool. His vocals overall were too 'thin' to cover the music behind live, not in relation to depth or tone or whatever, I dont know, just didnt like it all. He was far way to underground for Slash etc so be comparing him Axl? Not even remotely pal! Ha ha! The guy couldn't even hold a candle to him as far as performance, stage presence, range at least for my ears, although I must admit he had a really sweet voice for an edgy pussycat, it was very nice, I don't complain overall.

Ps; Sorry to mention but I have to. I dont know who the hell composed some of the riffs in contraband but, it must be one of the lamest ever and you know what, I do love the music of Slash/Duff etc OK? This record left me scares which will never heal. Infact I was wondering if Slash was ok!  no 

"There goes mama, spwashin in the wa-ta! no more fightin wit dad! no more restraining order! no more step-da-da! no more new brother! blow her kisses bye-bye! Say mommy you love her! " Eminem BITCH!!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2012, 08:50:43 PM »

3. The feeling Jarmo got by seeing Myles standing in for Axl is the same feeling that I have when I see other guys standing in for Duff, Slash, Izzy and Steven. I think now he knows how some of us feel...  rofl

Nobody's standing in for anybody. They quit or in Steven's case, was fired.  Kiss

So no, I don't care if Myles or you sing GN'R songs.

He's not standing in for Axl in any shape or form. Smiley

It seems as though The Savage Animal did a couple of GNR classics last night in Paraguay with
the Rock N Roll All stars tour.

Any feelings on that anyone? 

Does he have enough balls, grit, swagger, attitude and fist pumping vigor to be allowed to sing these songs with the likes of Duff, Matt and Gilby?

Is this the same nostalgia tour that the cool guy from The Cult is part of?

You can make fun of Baz all day, but he's on that tour while Myles isn't.....

Just because you were in the movie, doesn't make you one. Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2012, 09:03:24 PM »

Do people still really think VR are a band? It's been four years since they've done anything and without Scott Weiland I'm not really interested.

While I thought Myles Kennedy was really good at Download with Slash and I love Back From Cali I don't think he has what it takes to front a real powerhouse rock and roll band. I was watching the Made In Stoke blu-ray at my parents and my mum saw a song and her comment on Myles was: "He seems like he is putting on being a rock guy." I don't know about that, but he just lacks the natural charisma that great frontmen have. Maybe thats the price you pay for having a guy who is drama free?
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2012, 09:24:17 PM »

I don't know about that, but he just lacks the natural charisma that great frontmen have. Maybe thats the price you pay for having a guy who is drama free?

He grew up a guitar player first and foremost. He is a bad ass player, who just happens to sing. The front man stuff doesn't come natural to him, and he has admitted as much.

As he realized though, guitarists grow on trees. Voices like his don't.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2012, 09:44:10 PM »

Just because you were in the movie, doesn't make you one. Wink

/jarmo

So you're cool with The Savage Animal playing GNR classics?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2012, 09:58:10 PM »

Nobody's standing in for anybody. They quit or in Steven's case, was fired.  Kiss

Whatever you want to call it, past and current members followed the classic ones - would you at least sympathize with fans who feel the same about at least some of the players who replaced the classic GNR members as you do about Myles Kennedy?  That they lack that "it thing?"  Or do you expect every GNR fan (including new-GNR fans) to think that every one of the numerous players brought in since 1996 has that "it thing"?

I got lost on this one...it almost seemed as if you were implying that the "All Stars" tour was lame, only to then imply that it's a bad thing that Kennedy isn't involved with it.

Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2012, 10:09:05 PM »

Interesting point

There will never be apathy towards Slash in the Guns n Roses community-people who claim to hate him, or Myles , will more than likely still listen on you tube, listen to album samples, and make comments-I have no idea when someone can't stand a band, or Slash, they still are interested in what he does-if I hate a band or musician, I'm done with them.

libertad
overmatik
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2012, 10:16:56 PM »

Whatever you want to call it, past and current members followed the classic ones - would you at least sympathize with fans who feel the same about at least some of the players who replaced the classic GNR members as you do about Myles Kennedy?  That they lack that "it thing?"  Or do you expect every GNR fan (including new-GNR fans) to think that every one of the numerous players brought in since 1996 has that "it thing"?

I got lost on this one...it almost seemed as if you were implying that the "All Stars" tour was lame, only to then imply that it's a bad thing that Kennedy isn't involved with it.

I don't think we should play the nostalgia card here when referring to former GNR members when everybody who goes to a GNR gig nowadays can see the definition of that word clearly in the air. Like when 90% of people don't care for the new songs and whenever they are played people go to the bathroom or grab a beer...
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2012, 10:24:06 PM »

Interesting point

There will never be apathy towards Slash in the Guns n Roses community-people who claim to hate him, or Myles , will more than likely still listen on you tube, listen to album samples, and make comments-I have no idea when someone can't stand a band, or Slash, they still are interested in what he does-if I hate a band or musician, I'm done with them.

I have asked that question several times on here after seeing certain people say essentially what you just said in response to those who criticize the new GNR only to then come to this section to make exclusively negative comments.  Criticism of anything pertaining to new GNR is often described as "whining" by those who exclusively criticize the former members.  I never quite made sense of it or figured out why it wasn't a glaring double-standard.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2012, 10:54:33 PM »

I posted this at gnrevolution

figured it was fitting to post here

Difference in Slash fans and Axl fans?

U will NEVER, EVER, in your life hear a Slash fan deny  Axl's genius,showmanship,frontman abilities or artistic abilities. they may say this n this about him, but all will give Axl his props and respect he is due.

On the other hand.

most Axl fans do everything they can to dismiss Slash and his contributions and try like Hell to twist things like he wasn't a major contributor/factor in GNR's success

No one would EVER in their right mind compare Myles Kennedy to Axl Rose but yet how many people on this board said someone like Robin Finck was better than Slash??? its essentially the same fucking argument. both arguments are beyond ridiculous.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2012, 11:23:27 PM »

Look at the above post.

This is the kind of stupidity I have to put up with.

"I expect my post to be deleted. Poor me!".

But nobody pays attention to the fact that he refers to other members of the board as cocksuckers.

Anyone who says they didn't do a great job is just an Axl cocksucker who can't see anything in a positive light when it comes to the past members, IMO.

deletion in 5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1...

Only a complete fucking moron would think the post was removed because he suddenly thinks the stand in for Scott Stapp is the savior of rock.

Regarding people whining about not being able to hate Axl and GN'R, well it's a GUNS N' ROSES site, not a Slash feat. Myles Kennedy and the whateverthefucktheyare called site.

If you only came here because of Myles Kennedy, I got news for you, go look for something to do with his band. GN'R isn't it. No matter how much the Slash fans want to fool you.

What in gods name are you talking about?  Why must you twist everyone's words around to push your agenda?  no where did I ever say Miles is the savior of rock, fuck I'm not even a fan of Miles.  I'm not even sure I plan on picking up the new Slash solo album because he's the singer.  Dude can really sing but isn't my cup of tea.

My post in the R&R HOF thread was deleted when I said that "as much as I love the new band the it's nice to hear the songs played the way they were written."  "And Miles really brought it, he did a great job".  I can't see ANY reason why that post should have been deleted.  Tell me what I did wrong.

Christ, no matter what you say on this board if you aren't hanging from Axl's dick it gets deleted.  I actually haven't seen one person on this site or another site say that Miles and the original members of Gn'R did a bad job.  In fact I've seen nothing but rave reviews.  I'm not calling anyone a cock sucker because I haven't seen anyone say they did a poor job. 

The only negative thing I've seen about the performance is you saying that the only reason they're getting good reviews is to spite Axl. 

I love Axl, I love Gn'R, I've supported the band, I bought the album, I've gone to the shows I defend the guy to everyone I know because everyone I've ever met says it's not the real Gn'R, including everyone I talk to AT the shows.  But fuck, I'm not stupid enough to believe the guy can do no wrong.  I don't blame him for what happened, I don't blame slash for what happened.. but just because shit happened doesn't mean that Slash and Miles can't put on a fucking good show with the guys who WROTE the songs in the first place.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2012, 12:30:20 AM »

Myles was interview by Eddie Trunk tonight on his radio show, and when asked about the HOF from what I read he said it was initially Duff's idea for him to sing and he brought it up first at the Golden Gods awards last week. It was real last minute, and he was worried about stepping into a hornets nest, but decided to go through with it and was thrilled to do so because he was such a GNR fan and the guys really wanted to play.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2012, 01:08:03 AM »

Myles is a good dude that was there for his friends, it wasn't about him getting praise, or attention. He is one humble dude. No need to give shit to such a nice person with a he'll of a voice.
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2012, 02:55:00 AM »

Jarmo, just tell me one thing. Why does it annoy you so much, if people still care about Slash and the other ex members and their efforts? Slash, Duff, Steven, Izzy, Matt and even Gilby are still part of GNR history, that hasn't changed just because they're not in the band anymore. Why is it such a crime to not hate Slash? I don't know who's fault the break up of the old lineup was and frankly I don't give a fuck anymore, cause it's just a lot of he-said-she-said bullshit anyway. But I support both the current AND former members of the band. What's wrong with that?

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2012, 05:25:41 AM »

i am the only one here who thinks that myles voice just simply sucks?

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2012, 07:07:23 AM »

Where did I say anything bad about former members of the band? Where did I discredit their contributions to the band?

I said I don't think Myles Kennedy is as great as some Slash fans here think.

Same shit every time. Say something remotely critical about Slash's current band and you hate Appetite For Destruction.  rofl

Nice try as usual trying to change the focus to GN'R.

I think Myles' singing is bland. Boring.

Everything GN'R doesn't represent to me.

Do I have an issue with former members taking part in some kind of all star rock n' roll greatest hits tour? No.

Do I find it amusing to have a fan of The Cult trying to discredit a singer on said tour while a member of The Cult is part of the same "circus"? Maybe...

So Falcon, stop discrediting what the old members did in GN'R because you don't like Baz!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2012, 10:38:24 AM »

D you hit the nail on the head with Axl v Slash fans. I have always felt that way too.

I would just like to add, why is there even annimosity toward slash at this point? When was the last time he said something negative about Axl? To my knowledge I dont think he has ever said anything bad about the current members, CD, etc. so why all the hate? I mean you guys never give slash credit why? It's like everything he does sucks, only because Axl still hates him. But when izzy does something it's great and let's support him because Axl is still friends with him.

I get people have favorites in this soap opera and sometime certain albums and/or material is better or worse, but as true GnR fans there is always an element of their work that is appealing and at the very least I think we as fans should support and not try to tear down these guys. I love slash but even as a fan I can objectively say that there is some material post GnR that has been great and some that has not. As fans we always want these guys to out do themselves but unfortunately it does not happen all the time but does from time to time.

Same goes with GnR and Axl As a fan I want them to out do themselves every time and put out great music for the fans to enjoy. I accept slash not being in GnR and although I wish he and Axl could at least be friends I am not going to sit here and say DJ sucks because he will never be slash because it does not really matter if he is or not. as a GnR fan I want to support him and hope he can contribute to the band.

Btw there are certain people in life that are one of kind and they will never be replaced. There will never be another Muhhamad Ali, Michael Jordan, Axl, and Slash, etc.

With that said I believe its fair to critique Myles or DJ, Matt, Frank, Axl, Slash, their music, performances, decisions without totally bashing them about stupid shit. As fans we can have an objective discussion about the former.

I get what some say about Myles that they believe he lacks stage presence Because he is not to lively on stage. I would agree with that, but I still think he has a great voice and sings great live. His voice is always on the money at live shows.

As most of us agree he is not Axl, but he is a pretty great singer, why can't the Axl fans just say he's not Axl but he and slash have good chemistry and putting out good music and be supportive.  This is what new GnR fans want from the slash fans... Axl is happy with his line up and has a good chemistry and putting out good music.  We are all not going to love everyone song these guys write but to say that they suck or that they are lame is a bit extreme because they usually write pretty decent music.

Even With regards to Gnr I believe this is best line up since the UYI tours. Although I still prefer Buckethead to BF and Brain to Frank musically and because of their stage presence. I think BF can shred but lacks stage presence and the GnR edge, although he  seems like a really nice guy so don't try to say I am bashing him. here I am just stating a personal preference about the make up of the band, but I am not saying BF or frank suck musically or as individuals because they dont.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: