Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 09:10:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  UK tour in May 2012
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UK tour in May 2012  (Read 110716 times)
wadey
Legend

« Reply #260 on: April 23, 2012, 03:15:41 PM »

If you are driving to the Manchester gig, park outside the Sikh temple up the road and round the corner. Google it for details. It is a 5 minute walk, if that, from the arena.

It is free, and I have never had any problems there, and driving ot of Manchester is easy, you turn left at the end of the road and keep going towards the ring road

There are private pay parks further up the road if you want to use them. They are ok, but street parking on that road is completely fine at night time.

thanks mysteron... thats very useful info. i was hoping to avoid paying the inflated parking prices  ok

-edit-

do you mean this one

Monton St, Manchester, Greater Manchester M14 4GP

its the only one i can see on google maps, and i consider that to be a bus ride away   confused
and i'll never find it again when leaving the arena  hihi
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 03:26:45 PM by wadey » Logged

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #261 on: April 23, 2012, 03:24:14 PM »

If you are driving to the Manchester gig, park outside the Sikh temple up the road and round the corner. Google it for details. It is a 5 minute walk, if that, from the arena.

It is free, and I have never had any problems there, and driving ot of Manchester is easy, you turn left at the end of the road and keep going towards the ring road

There are private pay parks further up the road if you want to use them. They are ok, but street parking on that road is completely fine at night time.

thanks mysteron... thats very useful info. i was hoping to avoid paying the inflated parking prices  ok

Sherborne Street.

Google Street it, you will see the temple. It is customary to half park up on the pavement.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #262 on: April 23, 2012, 03:32:41 PM »

I saw one of the most surreal things on a Nottingham street in July 2006.

Walking back to our hotel after the GN'R gig, I saw a guy pull another guy, who obviously wasn't sober, by his arms along the pedestrian street in central Nottingham....

/jarmo

seems about right.

you'll probably see more of that on this tour since it's a weekend show  hihi

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
wadey
Legend

« Reply #263 on: April 23, 2012, 03:34:52 PM »

Sherborne Street.

Google Street it, you will see the temple. It is customary to half park up on the pavement.

is it just outside the temple or anywhere on that raod?
i paid ?5 in 2010 to park in a secure carpark in that area but it was due to close at 1am, i stayed until the end of the gig though and it was still open fortunately

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #264 on: April 23, 2012, 03:36:33 PM »

Sherborne Street.

i paid ?5 in 2010 to park in a secure carpark in that area but it was due to close at 1am, i stayed until the end of the gig though and it was still open fortunately

Literally, outside the temple, on the temple side of the street
wadey
Legend

« Reply #265 on: April 23, 2012, 03:37:50 PM »

Sherborne Street.

Literally, outside the temple, on the temple side of the street

thanks!

Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #266 on: April 23, 2012, 04:10:01 PM »

Anyone received their London tickets yet?

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #267 on: April 23, 2012, 04:13:33 PM »

ahh.. om still wondering which show to attend... Gotta decide before theyr all sold out!  Shocked

If you wanna attend a show during a weekend: Nottingham and Birmingham are both on Saturdays. Liverpool on a Sunday.

If you wanna see the band in a smaller capacity arena: Nottingham, Liverpool

If you wanna see two shows without having to travel to another city: London

/jarmo

I might actually go for London. Depends on plane tickits i guess... Im still in the middle of my paternal quota (paternity leave.) But i guess i can get my parants or someting to take care of my son.

Just gotta do some research on tickits hotels etc.. if anyone have some good ideas/tips. Yell out!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #268 on: April 24, 2012, 12:31:44 PM »

I'm going to Nottingham & Birmingham.

I'm planning to spend the day in Nottingham - any good stuff to occupy me and my friends before the gig?

There is indeed a hooters less than mile from the venue! Went there on a stag do last year. Nice place Nottingham.

Birmingham is a bit crap because the LG arena is by the airport and nowhere near any bars, pubs, etc....

Edit... 1000 posts baby!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #269 on: April 24, 2012, 01:36:33 PM »

There's the Nottingham Castle.

And Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
taylor
Opening Act

« Reply #270 on: April 24, 2012, 01:50:21 PM »

anyone recieved there tickets yet im getting worried i going to the secc soon and no tickets and when we called they said tickets have still to be printed.
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #271 on: April 24, 2012, 01:54:52 PM »

only newcastle.

Chill out, you will get them  Wink
taylor
Opening Act

« Reply #272 on: April 24, 2012, 02:02:11 PM »

a bit hard  rofl nervous wreak i am   Cry

a month to go
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #273 on: April 24, 2012, 03:10:20 PM »

I'm going to Nottingham & Birmingham.

I'm planning to spend the day in Nottingham - any good stuff to occupy me and my friends before the gig?

There is indeed a hooters less than mile from the venue! Went there on a stag do last year. Nice place Nottingham.

Birmingham is a bit crap because the LG arena is by the airport and nowhere near any bars, pubs, etc....

Edit... 1000 posts baby!!

Alot of the pubs in central Nottingham are fine, and the people are great. For food, I would go Indian.

I notice your Bundy reference. Did you watch ITV nightime back in the day on a Friday night when Married with Children, American Gladiators and Raw power was on? Great after pub TV  hihi
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #274 on: April 25, 2012, 05:44:04 AM »

There are now VIP upgrades for the uk tour dates. Im tempted, but i really dont think i can do it......
team-axl
Headliner

« Reply #275 on: April 25, 2012, 06:54:07 AM »

i know this isnt about gnr, but im going to london on june 1st to see gnr and as i have never been to london, i would like to visit madame tussaud's museum ... do u guys know if u can visit all the "rooms" when u buy a ticket ? or u need a specified ticket to visit everything ? Tongue

thanks... by the way ... whose going ? im going with two friends, we could all get together at the show or something
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #276 on: April 25, 2012, 09:13:39 AM »

I have never visited that place myself but every time I've passed it, there's been a line (or queue for you British) outside.

Don't know if they would have any special exhibitions that would cost more.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
wadey
Legend

« Reply #277 on: April 25, 2012, 03:10:37 PM »

Got an update from Ticketmaster today regarding my Manchester ticket

Guns N' Roses - Manchester Arena

Dear Ticketmaster customer,

We are currently awaiting receipt of tickets for the Guns N' Roses event at Manchester Arena, on 29 May 2012.

Once event tickets are received they will be processed through our system and despatched as soon as possible.

Please do not contact us unless you have not received your event tickets three days before the event, or if you are travelling to the event, three days before you are due to travel.

Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #278 on: April 25, 2012, 03:57:24 PM »

Got that and one for liverpool!
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #279 on: April 25, 2012, 04:27:32 PM »

i know this isnt about gnr, but im going to london on june 1st to see gnr and as i have never been to london, i would like to visit madame tussaud's museum ... do u guys know if u can visit all the "rooms" when u buy a ticket ? or u need a specified ticket to visit everything ? Tongue

thanks... by the way ... whose going ? im going with two friends, we could all get together at the show or something

Madame Tussauds have a website which explains all the tickets.

To be honest, it is a waste of money.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: