Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 09:34:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  UK tour in May 2012
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UK tour in May 2012  (Read 110752 times)
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #240 on: April 20, 2012, 05:09:16 PM »

Rather than do London, we're going to Nottingham : it's a smaller venue, the town centre is walking distance everywhere, so no need to worry for cabs, and a hotel is barely ?50, which is what a cab home after the London show would be (and avoiding all the hassle). I'm taking my brother - he's never seen them in 25 years!

Nottingham is a great place.

Rock City was a great place back in the day when I was at university. The people of Nottingham were very friendly even at 4 in the morning  hihi
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #241 on: April 20, 2012, 05:17:08 PM »

Rather than do London, we're going to Nottingham : it's a smaller venue, the town centre is walking distance everywhere, so no need to worry for cabs, and a hotel is barely ?50, which is what a cab home after the London show would be (and avoiding all the hassle). I'm taking my brother - he's never seen them in 25 years!

Nottingham is a great place.

Rock City was a great place back in the day when I was at university. The people of Nottingham were very friendly even at 4 in the morning  hihi

Yes I agree, and I was kind of dissapointed in Nottingham being left off the 2010 tour, but realised they only did a few UK cities anyway. Can't wait for the Nottingham show, less than a month away now, going to rock.  Smiley
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #242 on: April 20, 2012, 08:54:13 PM »

I saw one of the most surreal things on a Nottingham street in July 2006.

Walking back to our hotel after the GN'R gig, I saw a guy pull another guy, who obviously wasn't sober, by his arms along the pedestrian street in central Nottingham....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #243 on: April 21, 2012, 01:53:46 AM »

Walking back to our hotel after the GN'R gig, I saw a guy pull another guy, who obviously wasn't sober, by his arms along the pedestrian street in central Nottingham....

/jarmo

Don't you just love our quaint local customs.....  Winkhihi

Ah, Mysteron, Nottingham's Rock City, now there was a time....     Cheesy

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #244 on: April 21, 2012, 07:14:49 AM »

I can't wait, I decided to work Easter to take 3 weeks of over the UK tour.

Less than a month   Grin

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #245 on: April 21, 2012, 07:16:13 AM »

Doing the whole tour?

Wow!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Derby Greg
Derby Tourism Ambassador
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #246 on: April 21, 2012, 10:31:34 AM »

/jarmo

The city of my birth...I am very proud.

GREG

2002 Leeds, London
2006 London Ham, Download, London W'ley
2010 Montreal, Toronto, Reading, Dublin
2011 Rio, Arg
2012 Bham,London x2,Rotterdam, Paris,Vegasx3
2013 NYCx2
2016 Vegasx2, NYCx2, CR
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #247 on: April 21, 2012, 03:55:45 PM »

/jarmo

GREG

Greg, I still don't understand why your not going to the Nottingham gig. You are the Derby Tourism Ambassador afterall... Cheesy

I'm going straight from work to this one, finish at Birmingham Airport at 2pm... So a train straight to Nottingham is in order.  Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 03:57:48 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Axlashba
Opening Act

« Reply #248 on: April 22, 2012, 03:45:29 AM »

i too am going to nottingham !! cant wait !

i hear that theres a "Hooters" bar next to the arena, maybe a good place to all meet up ? beer

not sure what to say :/
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #249 on: April 22, 2012, 03:57:26 AM »

That could work. Rock City is a great place - saw many gigs there when I lived in that part of the world : The Cure, and Faith No More. Not been to the Arena for many years. Very good room for a gig.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
Axlashba
Opening Act

« Reply #250 on: April 22, 2012, 06:34:24 AM »

anyone know any cheap B&B's nearby ??

not sure what to say :/
Derby Greg
Derby Tourism Ambassador
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #251 on: April 22, 2012, 07:01:23 AM »

/jarmo

GREG

Greg, I still don't understand why your not going to the Nottingham gig. You are the Derby Tourism Ambassador afterall... Cheesy

I'm going straight from work to this one, finish at Birmingham Airport at 2pm... So a train straight to Nottingham is in order.  Grin Grin Grin

Give me a break - I am already doing Birmingham, London (x2), Rotterdam and Paris !! But yes, I might do Nottingham as well.

I am going for #1 Super Fan.

GREG

2002 Leeds, London
2006 London Ham, Download, London W'ley
2010 Montreal, Toronto, Reading, Dublin
2011 Rio, Arg
2012 Bham,London x2,Rotterdam, Paris,Vegasx3
2013 NYCx2
2016 Vegasx2, NYCx2, CR
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #252 on: April 22, 2012, 09:09:43 PM »

/jarmo

GREG

Give me a break - I am already doing Birmingham, London (x2), Rotterdam and Paris !! But yes, I might do Nottingham as well.

I am going for #1 Super Fan.

GREG

Are you two the merry men from the Sherwood forest who wear tights?

People who want to travel around the UK, check the fun fares at National Express: http://www.nationalexpress.com/coach/Offers/funfare/funfares.cfm

/jarmo

brazil66
Rocker

« Reply #253 on: April 22, 2012, 09:29:14 PM »

Are you two the merry men from the Sherwood forest who wear tights.

Very funny. Derby Greg is getting a hard time. If you can make Toronto, Montreal and Rio Super fan you can make Nottingham too. Great to see GNR play Liverpool to for the first time. Wish I was there but not flying back to the UK until mid July. Enjoy everyone
daveh
Opening Act

Love for GN'R since 1987, whatever the line-up

« Reply #254 on: April 23, 2012, 12:38:44 PM »

What are peoples setlist predictions for this? Will there be some new songs? Any old songs that this line up has not played before? Any songs that should be dropped?
I myself am hoping they stick with the setlist they played on the up close and personal tour. I will be gutted if i don't get to hear Civil War and Estranged!

Leeds 2002, Sheffield 2006, Leeds 2010, Manchester 2010, Nottingham 2012, Birmingham 2012, Manchester 2012
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #255 on: April 23, 2012, 02:44:08 PM »

ahh.. om still wondering which show to attend... Gotta decide before theyr all sold out!  Shocked

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #256 on: April 23, 2012, 03:00:01 PM »

I'm satisfied with my total for this year so far... planning on going to Dublin, Nottingham, Newcastle, Birmingham, Manchester, Rotterdam and Paris... that's 7, not bad.

Regarding the setlist, yes I'm sure it will be very similar to recent ones. Which is fine by me, as I can't wait to hear Estranged and Civil War, but I still hope they start playing more CD stuff like Catcher, TWAT and Prostitute.  ok
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #257 on: April 23, 2012, 03:01:39 PM »

What are peoples setlist predictions for this? Will there be some new songs? Any old songs that this line up has not played before? Any songs that should be dropped?
I myself am hoping they stick with the setlist they played on the up close and personal tour. I will be gutted if i don't get to hear Civil War and Estranged!

Well I'm hoping to at least have IRS, If The World and Scraped back in the setlist.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #258 on: April 23, 2012, 03:08:58 PM »

ahh.. om still wondering which show to attend... Gotta decide before theyr all sold out!  Shocked

If you wanna attend a show during a weekend: Nottingham and Birmingham are both on Saturdays. Liverpool on a Sunday.

If you wanna see the band in a smaller capacity arena: Nottingham, Liverpool

If you wanna see two shows without having to travel to another city: London

/jarmo

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #259 on: April 23, 2012, 03:11:44 PM »

If you are driving to the Manchester gig, park outside the Sikh temple up the road and round the corner. Google it for details. It is a 5 minute walk, if that, from the arena.

It is free, and I have never had any problems there, and driving ot of Manchester is easy, you turn left at the end of the road and keep going towards the ring road

There are private pay parks further up the road if you want to use them. They are ok, but street parking on that road is completely fine at night time.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 03:13:24 PM by Mysteron » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: