Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 09:36:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  UK tour in May 2012
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UK tour in May 2012  (Read 110753 times)
SPUNKY
Rocker

do one sweatheart!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #200 on: March 08, 2012, 10:17:57 AM »

I don't think June 1st is going to be a show. I mean, I've just bought another Newcastle ticket, so the UK tour hasn't sold out.

The o2 has nearly sold out, but is it worth risking putting on an event for 22,000 the following day?  Maybe if it was Wembley Arena (12,000) or another smaller sized venue, but not the o2. I hope they do, but I can't see it.

I will bet my house there will be a June1st gig give it a week or so!!

Otherwise I have brought a VIP ticket for a gig that isnt going to take place!!

SOUTHEND UNITED LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONS 2006

HAMMERSMITH JUNE 7TH

DOWNLAND 9-11 JUNE GNR
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #201 on: March 08, 2012, 11:30:41 AM »

I don't think June 1st is going to be a show. I mean, I've just bought another Newcastle ticket, so the UK tour hasn't sold out.

The o2 has nearly sold out, but is it worth risking putting on an event for 22,000 the following day?  Maybe if it was Wembley Arena (12,000) or another smaller sized venue, but not the o2. I hope they do, but I can't see it.

That's what I mean, you've got people who have paid alot of money for VIP packages for the extra date. So if they knew for sure they was pulling it, they would have to let those people know as soon as possible.

As I said, they've got a few months left until the shows..... so my guess is that they are waiting, so that they sell as many tickets for the 31st show as possible. I'm not going to book a hotel until GN'R announces the extra date, and it goes on sale for everyone. So I just know that I'm going to be paying absolutely loads for a hotel around the 02 area, as it's even expensive at the present time.

That's why I just wish they announce it soon, because Canary Wharf and Greenwich is not the kind of place to find cheap accomadation as it is. Let alone, having to wait even longer because your not sure if your going to need 2 nights at a hotel or just the one.
SPUNKY
Rocker

do one sweatheart!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #202 on: March 08, 2012, 01:51:42 PM »

That's what I mean, you've got people who have paid alot of money for VIP packages for the extra date. So if they knew for sure they was pulling it, they would have to let those people know as soon as possible.

As I said, they've got a few months left until the shows..... so my guess is that they are waiting, so that they sell as many tickets for the 31st show as possible. I'm not going to book a hotel uhttp://www.gunsnroses.com/events/91171ntil GN'R announces the extra date, and it goes on sale for everyone. So I just know that I'm going to be paying absolutely loads for a hotel around the 02 area, as it's even expensive at the present time.

That's why I just wish they announce it soon, because Canary Wharf and Greenwich is not the kind of place to find cheap accomadation as it is. Let alone, having to wait even longer because your not sure if your going to need 2 nights at a hotel or just the one.

well look this was on GnR own site  http://www.gunsnroses.com/events/91171

if that is a fuck up I'm going to sue!!! LAWYERS r watching ha

SOUTHEND UNITED LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONS 2006

HAMMERSMITH JUNE 7TH

DOWNLAND 9-11 JUNE GNR
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #203 on: March 08, 2012, 02:28:29 PM »

As I said, they've got a few months left until the shows..... so my guess is that they are waiting, so that they sell as many tickets for the 31st show as possible. I'm not going to book a hotel uhttp://www.gunsnroses.com/events/91171ntil GN'R announces the extra date, and it goes on sale for everyone. So I just know that I'm going to be paying absolutely loads for a hotel around the 02 area, as it's even expensive at the present time.

well look this was on GnR own site  http://www.gunsnroses.com/events/91171

if that is a fuck up I'm going to sue!!! LAWYERS r watching ha

Well that's a good sign then I guess, with it actually being stated that it's TBA.

And also it seems like you can actually still purchase the VIP package for that date, so that's another good sign.  Cheesy

I've calmed down abit now... hihi
RobJ
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #204 on: March 08, 2012, 03:47:14 PM »

Got my tickets for Newcastle & Birmingham... Can't wait (gutted to miss London this time though).

Does anybody have any idea how many VIP tickets tend to be sold on average? Only asking because I tend to get there early and wait around to get a great spot at the front, and I'm wondering how many VIPers will be in front of me (I'd go VIP myself but there's no way I can afford it at the moment!)

Can't wait to hear Estranged & Civil War!!!  Grin  I wonder if You're Crazy will stick around or if that's especially for the UCAP shows (I reckon it'll be dropped after UCAP... Seems like a smaller venue song... Hope I'm wrong...)
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #205 on: March 08, 2012, 04:25:16 PM »

As I understan GNR add one more London date.So this mean first date have a great selling?
MrGawain
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #206 on: March 09, 2012, 05:30:55 AM »

Personally I don't think there will be a June 1st date, You can still search for a maximum 6 tickets together and get block 416, which although upstairs are still fairly good seats. Also, when tickets get to the last 1000 or so, they tend to allow you to pick exactly where you want to sit using this map thingy.

I went both times to the o2 in 2010, and they curtained off the upper deck which is about 7,000 seats in the place. Seeing it wasn't 2 sellouts, it's only been a year and a half since we last saw them (most bands tour in 3 year cycles or more), and quite a few lesser fans weren't exactly happy to wait for Axl (on the 2nd night I saw a few people leave before he arrived!), I think it would be optimistic to think the numbers would call for a 2nd show.

Sorry, but just how I see it!  Sad
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #207 on: March 09, 2012, 09:26:53 AM »

Personally I don't think there will be a June 1st date, You can still search for a maximum 6 tickets together and get block 416, which although upstairs are still fairly good seats. Also, when tickets get to the last 1000 or so, they tend to allow you to pick exactly where you want to sit using this map thingy.

I went both times to the o2 in 2010, and they curtained off the upper deck which is about 7,000 seats in the place. Seeing it wasn't 2 sellouts, it's only been a year and a half since we last saw them (most bands tour in 3 year cycles or more), and quite a few lesser fans weren't exactly happy to wait for Axl (on the 2nd night I saw a few people leave before he arrived!), I think it would be optimistic to think the numbers would call for a 2nd show.

The first night the top deck was definitely open, I remember looking up there and being amazing how high and steep it looked.  there were people literally dancing in the aisles and it looked really precarious!  I'm sure that was just the perspective I had from where I was though!

The second night was obviously less packed, and they may well have curtained off certain parts of the upper deck, but it was still at least 3/4 full - which for an added date in a 20,000 capacity venue is outstanding!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #208 on: March 09, 2012, 12:11:58 PM »

I'm sure the place doesn't have to be 100% sold out for them to consider a second show.

Think about it. If you only have the seats high up available, how many people will decide not to buy them because they don't wanna sit too far away from the stage?

So you put another date on sale and all those people now have the option of getting lower tier seats o standing tickets...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #209 on: March 09, 2012, 02:06:59 PM »

source billboard boxscore
In 2010 first night 22.346 ,second night 18976...so arena was packed
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #210 on: March 09, 2012, 02:36:33 PM »

I just hope that people won' t be put off going to the second show, when it eventually get's announced. Simply because the gap between the announcement of the first show, and then the second would be so long, that people would have already made arrangements for hotels, travel etc.

If I'm not mistaken, in both cases of 2006 and 2010, the second London show was announced literally a few days after the tickets went on sale for the first. So people had the opportunity to make their plans based on the presumption that 2 shows were going ahead.

At the moment, only us the hardcore fans have an idea that it's a strong possibility that GN'R will add a second date, and that's only because we are "in the loop".... and seen it on the official site.

Casual fans might think that this time it's only 1 show at the 02, and book hotels and time off work based soley on the idea of one 02 show.

So I just hope GN'R don't leave it too long to announce it, as it could be counter-productive to the ticket sales for the 2nd date.  Undecided
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #211 on: March 09, 2012, 02:40:03 PM »

I don't think the majority of people who attend shows at the O2 need to make huge travel arrangements.

The London area is pretty huge...

Edit: It's not like a festival in the middle of nowhere where people have to travel from the outside...

It's a London area gig. Mainly aimed at people living in that area....

/jarmo

« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 04:09:05 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #212 on: March 09, 2012, 05:22:37 PM »

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #213 on: March 10, 2012, 05:04:25 AM »

I don't think the majority of people who attend shows at the O2 need to make huge travel arrangements.

The London area is pretty huge...

Edit: It's not like a festival in the middle of nowhere where people have to travel from the outside...

It's a London area gig. Mainly aimed at people living in that area....

/jarmo

Yeah, I only live about 20 miles from London, so it isn't that much of a journey. Most people will be coming from Bedfordshire, Surrey and Essex. That's why so many people play London so often. It's got so many places surrounding it that it's really easy to get to from that the majority of the audience will not even be Londoners.

In most other cities in the UK, the audience will be primarily be people from that city, and that's it.

Still booked a room in the Travelodge that's literally just across the river from the O2, though. Because as close as we are, I'm still not expecting to be able to get home afterwards.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #214 on: March 10, 2012, 05:07:43 AM »

I just hope that people won' t be put off going to the second show, when it eventually get's announced. Simply because the gap between the announcement of the first show, and then the second would be so long, that people would have already made arrangements for hotels, travel etc.

If I'm not mistaken, in both cases of 2006 and 2010, the second London show was announced literally a few days after the tickets went on sale for the first. So people had the opportunity to make their plans based on the presumption that 2 shows were going ahead.

At the moment, only us the hardcore fans have an idea that it's a strong possibility that GN'R will add a second date, and that's only because we are "in the loop".... and seen it on the official site.

Casual fans might think that this time it's only 1 show at the 02, and book hotels and time off work based soley on the idea of one 02 show.

So I just hope GN'R don't leave it too long to announce it, as it could be counter-productive to the ticket sales for the 2nd date.  Undecided

Personally, I think most people will only go to one show anyway, because ?50 per ticket is a lot for most people. They're not going to pay it twice.

Only way I could afford it is because the actual tickets were paid for by my parents for both mine and my wife's birthday present. Everything else (accomodation, train tickets, etc.) are being paid by me, obviously.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #215 on: March 12, 2012, 02:20:57 PM »

Ive been debating going to manchester and decided to make one in. Just been on ticketmaster and got a seat in block 102 lol, Theres a block of about 6 left in 102 row t

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #216 on: March 12, 2012, 02:27:52 PM »

Ive been debating going to manchester and decided to make one in. Just been on ticketmaster and got a seat in block 102 lol, Theres a block of about 6 left in 102 row t

Nice, see you there...  Wink

I've been debating whether to go to Newcastle if a second 02 show isn't announced soon... oh well it's a waiting game 4 now.  Grin
samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #217 on: March 12, 2012, 02:31:02 PM »

ANy one have idea's on when  the opener will be announced?
I presume it will be Sebastian as he is doing Download in June , hope so, want to hear the new record live!

I was there!!

Reading 2010
The O2 Arena October 13th 2010
The O2 Arena May 31st 2012 - OMG IT WAS AMAZING X10000000 Smiley
wadey
Legend

« Reply #218 on: March 12, 2012, 02:49:22 PM »

I've been debating whether to go to Newcastle if a second 02 show isn't announced soon... oh well it's a waiting game 4 now.  Grin

see you there mate..... i never expected to get a seat lower block next to stage having waited this long  ok

some more tickets must have been made available cos every lower block near stage was sold out last wk when i checked

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #219 on: March 12, 2012, 02:59:35 PM »

see you there mate..... i never expected to get a seat lower block next to stage having waited this long  ok

some more tickets must have been made available cos every lower block near stage was sold out last wk when i checked

Just a tip for everyone who wants to go to the Manchester show but can't be arsed paying for hotels etc.....

This is what I do... catch a national express coach to Manchester Airport, probably going to cost you ?20-30. Then hang around the airport until you want to head to the show, I usually wait until around 7.00pm-7.30pm, then just catch a taxi straight to the show. Then after the show, catch a taxi straight back to the airport, and hang around the airport again, until early morning and catch the first coach back to your city.

This method, will cost you ?50-?80 max, baring in mind the taxi fares, but hey you've saved yourself a hotel bill right?.

The airport even has a cheap store, in the car park, kind of like a gas station shop..... so you can even avoid paying the airport prices for drinks, food etc.  Cheesy

This is what I have done for the last 2 times GN'R have played the MEN arena, but this time I want to include attending the pre-party.....which we never seem to organise for Manchester. So this time we will have to think of a place to go, that's close to the arena, for a few pre-show drinks.

beer
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 03:01:29 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: