Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 08:53:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228147 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Former members talking about the RRHOF
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Former members talking about the RRHOF  (Read 36124 times)
overmatik
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2012, 04:00:36 PM »

So it seems he was expecting how things would go with Axl, and then he probably would be there and play with the original line-up. So now it seems it will be only Slash, Duff, Steven and Matt.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2012, 09:08:15 PM »

Great letter and Duff response, though it's entirely negated by everything that Axl said.  We're not gonna get a one-off performance, no matter what.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2012, 01:55:28 AM »

Very cool!
TokyoRose
Headliner

« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2012, 07:34:23 AM »

Izzy why didn't you show?  It's not like there is a second time to do this...!
TokyoRose
Headliner

« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2012, 07:38:25 AM »

"I have grown up and manned up"

I beleive Duff has grown up the most.  He is the most mature, and centered of any past member.
Sadly the others are all in varying states of decay, and self pity.

gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2012, 08:20:37 AM »

Well I think because it costs you 3.000 per person to put them on a chair.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2012, 10:25:53 AM »

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-roses-duff-on-hall-of-fame/

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2012, 02:08:15 PM »

I beleive Duff has grown up the most.  He is the most mature, and centered of any past member.
Sadly the others are all in varying states of decay, and self pity.

Really?  Izzy is living in decay and self-pity?

Slash is living in decay and self-pity?  He seems pretty productive to me, constantly touring and releasing albums.

I could understand that Steven is still struggling, but....
3STRANG3D
Headliner

Nothing UnReal Just human

« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2012, 10:09:02 AM »

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/reverb/2012/04/izzy_stradlin_rock_hall_of_fa.php

Duff McKagan
Izzy Stradlin Asked Me to Release This Statement Re: the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
By Duff McKagan Fri., Apr. 13 2012 at 11:14 AM
Categories: Duff McKagan

Izzy asked me to do him a favor and sort of get this out for him. Izzy don't Tweet, etc.

Thanks.

Duff

Izzy's Statement:

I have waited up to this point to see what would become of the GNR induction into RRHOF. I would like to say THANK YOU and GRACIAS to RRHOF for the acknowledgement of our works over the years as a band. BIG THANKS to all my bandmates who helped get us to where we are today. And, of course, THANK YOU to all of the people on this planet (including, but not limited to, the entire universe and beyond, etc., etc., etc.) who have supported Guns N' Roses from day one. Adios, Amigos!

Izzy Stradlin

LONG LIVE ROCK N ROLL!

ok Now I dont feel alone anymore! LOL! goddamn it someone understands!!! LOL!  Hope Izzy bothered to write it himself and didnt phone Duff, saying you know something, just write something and post it for me, yeah?  rofl  Ok dont take this post seriously.

Is he being too harsh with the madness of it all or is it just me?

"There goes mama, spwashin in the wa-ta! no more fightin wit dad! no more restraining order! no more step-da-da! no more new brother! blow her kisses bye-bye! Say mommy you love her! " Eminem BITCH!!!
overmatik
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2012, 01:49:47 PM »

Last night was great, and Izzy seeing videos of the performance will deeply regret not being there. The guys had a blast and showed who GNR are!  peace
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #90 on: April 15, 2012, 02:12:41 PM »

Izzy showing once again he's the coolest.

Izzy seeing videos of the performance will deeply regret not being there.

Stop post like you know him, You don't know shit.

He probably gave it a lot of thought, decided it was best for his interest not to be there.

I do wonder if he finds it humorous that gilby once again stepped in for him, he probably doesn't. But I do.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2012, 03:32:38 PM »

Izzy showing once again he's the coolest.

Izzy seeing videos of the performance will deeply regret not being there.

Stop post like you know him, You don't know shit.

He probably gave it a lot of thought, decided it was best for his interest not to be there.

I do wonder if he finds it humorous that gilby once again stepped in for him, he probably doesn't. But I do.

Its possible that Duff told him.  peace
3STRANG3D
Headliner

Nothing UnReal Just human

« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2012, 08:57:39 PM »

And to this point: The one reason that I am going to Cleveland this weekend is not to savor in some polite accolade or because an award show is that important to me. I am going because I have realized how important this is all to those many, many fans that supported us and believed in us, and showed up for us in droves. Music is not like sports, and hence, a Hall of Fame in music is almost a false pedestal to sit upon. There are no statistics in music and art. No band or artist is "better" than another. Music comes from a primal place. Thin air. Dreams. And a lot of really hard damn work. No one worked harder than us back then, and we were very fortunate to have met each other in those dirty back alleys of Hollywood sometime in 1984. We meshed and wrote, created thunder and beauty, and parlayed our real-life experience into an album that somehow related to a whole angsty world that felt just like us right then and there. It was a brilliant time. I, too, now hope that we can just play a couple of songs there, and just sort of throw the microphone down on the stage and walk off. The rock-and-roll world would be set ablaze once again ... and we could make a bunch of fans happy and sated to some degree. But alas, I am only responsible for me, and can only speak for me. I have forgiven and forgotten. I have grown up and manned up. Part of me growing has been to realize I am powerless over others. This whole deal, I hope, goes off without a hitch. I do hope we can achieve some grace in our acceptance. And I hope this grace, is enough, in the end, for the best rock and roll fans in the world. The Guns N' (f---ing) Roses fans.
-- Duff

I wont forget watching an MTV special, and I had to wait few seconds and wait for a few seconds more, and then wait a little bit extra longer for Duff to find the next word and finish off what he had to say. I was quite young, so I wasnt critical on what I was watching as I would have been today, excessive drugs/alcohol are good only if you are a rockstar - sorry peeps, just my opinion - & thats only if you will get it through alive. So, I m happy for him that he got sober and progressed and have family and all that, its nice reading his positive feedback... - where is my tissue-  but goddamn it, he had to pull it off on his own, yeah? - you know what? fuck that! although it must have been quite heavy. ( I am now filing a divorce but in 10? 15? years from now, I might want us to be together. Yeah ok, but ........ work it out yourself!)

Thanks for letting it go so you can get manned up.....!   ok

"There goes mama, spwashin in the wa-ta! no more fightin wit dad! no more restraining order! no more step-da-da! no more new brother! blow her kisses bye-bye! Say mommy you love her! " Eminem BITCH!!!
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #93 on: April 15, 2012, 11:09:04 PM »

It's not rocket science. Had Izzy been there to make it 4/5th's of the appetite lineup they would've further pissed Axl off. Hence the reason they didn't play together during the AFD 20th anniversary show
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #94 on: April 16, 2012, 01:51:15 AM »

The guys had a blast and showed who GNR are!  peace

Oh yea, they definitely showed that  Lips Sealed

Hopefully we'll be seeing Izzy sometime during Guns N Roses upcoming tour

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #95 on: April 16, 2012, 06:50:08 PM »

Matt Sorum:

From today forward I will not be commenting on Guns N Roses . Or making any remarks about the future . Thank you to all the fans. The legacy continues without my commentary. Matt Sorum Former member of GNR

Feel truly Blessed today beyond my wildest dreams. I was a kid that just loved Rock N Roll and never new I would see this. Honored and Emotional to the core.

Eternally grateful to Steven Adler For sharing the stage with me. Proud of how far he has come to get to get to the RNR Hall of Fame Congrats my friend. Your music is a piece of RNR History.

Of course in all the craziness I forgot to thank the one person I love the most in the world. @AceHarper She is my closest and dearest confidant. She deserves an award for staying with me. And the emotions of the last few weeks. This wasn't easy. Bless U my Love

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #96 on: April 16, 2012, 07:33:09 PM »

Matt Sorum:

From today forward I will not be commenting on Guns N Roses . Or making any remarks about the future . Thank you to all the fans. The legacy continues without my commentary. Matt Sorum Former member of GNR

He qualified that statement in reference to the press only, twitter is fair game as to any GNR mention.

http://m.tmi.me/oqG6L

"I said I wouldn't comment to the press I will do whatever I choose on my twitter. Have already been offered 25 press things today and have turned them all down. Matt"

That's going to be a virtually impossible statement to live up to, interviewers will be asking him GNR related questions till the day he dies.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #97 on: April 16, 2012, 07:54:57 PM »

Matt Sorum:

Eternally grateful to Steven Adler For sharing the stage with me. Proud of how far he has come to get to get to the RNR Hall of Fame Congrats my friend. Your music is a piece of RNR History.

Cheers to that, a very classy statement to make.   beer
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #98 on: April 16, 2012, 08:02:30 PM »

It's not rocket science. Had Izzy been there to make it 4/5th's of the appetite lineup they would've further pissed Axl off. Hence the reason they didn't play together during the AFD 20th anniversary show

Actually, it was SLASH who refused to play at the 20th Anniversary show for that reason, and it's also why he didn't have Izzy, Duff, and Steven play on the same song on his solo debut CD.

Since Axl no-showed both events, I doubt any of them really care at this point about pissing Axl off.  Axl is perpetually pissed off, so what difference would this make?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #99 on: April 16, 2012, 10:42:44 PM »

That's going to be a virtually impossible statement to live up to, interviewers will be asking him GNR related questions till the day he dies.

I agree.  When I read that, I thought, you're going to regret saying that.  I think he was just caught up in the moment -- they will be asking him GNR questions until the day he dies.

Duff McKagan:

Well THAT kicked ass!

11:26 PM - 14 Apr 12

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: