Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 08:46:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228147 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Former members talking about the RRHOF
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Former members talking about the RRHOF  (Read 36121 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2012, 06:29:15 PM »

What are you talking about?

It's not a performance until somebody says so or they all stand on stage together.

Until then it's a event where they get inducted into the Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame.

Don't make it into something it's not. Until it is that.

Sounds like you think about it too much.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2012, 07:25:39 PM »

This has become about a performance because typically the inducted artist does a song or two.  Slash, Matt, Duff, Adler, have all said they want to perform, and even DJ said they should perform. I would be fine with it if they just got along and didn't perform. That would be good just for them to get along for the evening. But a performance would be huge and the masses along with most of the band would love to see that.
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2012, 04:47:55 AM »

Axl has worked pretty hard to distance himself from "old" GN'R and he finally has managed to get there. It's a double-edged sword, even if he does want to play, it's insane to force all the post-performance media hype on him. Can you imagine? Every questions from here on out for the next decade will be about that performance...
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2012, 08:55:56 AM »

Axl has worked pretty hard to distance himself from "old" GN'R and he finally has managed to get there. It's a double-edged sword, even if he does want to play, it's insane to force all the post-performance media hype on him. Can you imagine? Every questions from here on out for the next decade will be about that performance...

Non issue.
I think Axl's averaging an interview every 10 years or so, and half the time it's Del James asking the questions.
I think it's safe to say interviews are not his priority, and therefor the questions are a mute point.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2012, 12:21:36 PM »

I agree with falcon. Anyone not wanting a performance of the original band is probably somebody that strongly dislikes the idea of Slash being on stage with Axl for fear of the fall out. Izzy, Duff, Adler, the opposition is fine with that. It's all about Slash, and now, it's down to Axl, for Slash is all in. If Izzy doesn't show, put Matt on rhythm, or let Slash handle all the guitars.

Now you're talking about a reunion without all the members? WTF? If Izzy isn't there, it's not a reunion.
Sounds like somebody is desperate to see Axl and Slash on stage together. The rest doesn't seem to matter.

Jarmo is right about this one.  If one doesn't show, then there can be no reunion. 

I think all I want to see at this point, like many others, is civility.  Hell, even if its faked civility, I don't care!  At least it shows that the band won't try to rip out each others' throats at the drop of a dime. 

When you think about it, its kind of like a divorced couple who went through an acrimonious divorce showing up for their child's graduation.  They have to remain civil for the sake of the child, but they want to tear each other apart at the same time. 
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2012, 08:19:17 PM »

A new video interview with Slash.

Slash On The Rock Hall: : ?They?ve Got So Many Bands To Play Catch-Up With?

4/2/2012

While promoting his upcoming album, Apocalyptic Love, Slash has been fielding lots of questions about his approaching induction into the Rock and Roll Hall ofFame as part of his former band, Guns N? Roses. Sadly, he says he has no idea if the original members of the band will perform together (but he isn?t optimistic). He does, however, have an idea of who he thinks should be inducted into the Rock Hall over the next few years.

Even though Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Black Sabbath and Metallica have all been inducted, Slash feels that the Hall of Fame still needs to play catch up with a number of hard rock groups? and at least one other decidedly non-hard rock band should be inducted ASAP.

Video: http://1059sunnyfm.radio.com/2012/04/02/slash-on-the-rock-hall-theyve-got-so-many-bands-to-play-catch-up-with/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
overmatik
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2012, 11:47:12 PM »

I personally have lost any hopes of a proper AFD reunion, but at least the four guys should go there and play one song, as I said before, it can be one originally not sung by Axl. The problem is that it seems Izzy also won't be attending...  Undecided
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2012, 07:53:05 PM »

So does this mean that Slash, Duff, Steven, Matt etc. perform at the event now?

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2012, 09:26:35 PM »

Slash is still planning on attending.

The hall didn't immediately return requests for comment. A rep for Slash said he would still attend Saturday but had no further comment. Green Day is scheduled to induct the group.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/story/2012-04-11/axl-rose-rejects-rock-hall-induction/54184210/1

Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2012, 12:25:00 AM »

The original members should perform with Myles Kennedy. We already know he can sing GNR songs.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2012, 12:51:27 AM »

Guns N' Roses: Appetite for induction
Originally Published: April 11, 2012
By Duff McKagan | Special to ESPN Music

Some of you may know that my band Guns N' Roses will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this weekend in Cleveland. My editor has been hoping that somehow I could write about what this whole thing is like from the "inside."

Truthfully, it has been hard for me to find a good place from which to start and write such an article, head-space wise.

We are not a band anymore, and haven't been for some time. We are all still alive and well, but there has been some muddy water that has gone underneath the bridge. But water, muddy or otherwise, does indeed flow past and forever away, and I have nothing but the best of memories and highest level of love and admiration and feelings of brotherhood with all of those dudes. Seriously.

I was sent a sort of open letter addressed to us guys in GNR from a fella named Chris Gehert on behalf of "Worldwide Guns N' Roses Fans," and it sort of stopped me short. I will run it now in its entirety:

"Dear Guns N' Roses,

On Saturday April 14th 2012 you will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. This gave a great hope to every GNR fan on the planet for a one time reunion show. Our one and only chance to see the original lineup on stage together again, if only for five minutes. Something we've been told for years would never happen. Rumors swirled, the band denied, and the fans prayed. It will always be okay because you never promised us anything.

With less than 2 weeks before the induction, the fans are watching as our reunion hopes start to disappear like Marty McFly's family in a polaroid picture. Each day it seems like there is some new story about how there has been no communication, nobody knows what is required of them, nobody's talking, and nobody really seems to care.

We care.

It would be easy for you to just show up, accept the induction, spend a few awkward minutes together at a podium and not talk again until somebody's funeral. But this time we need more.

We are not trying to be selfish, God knows you have given us plenty of legendary songs, spectacular shows, and classic rock moments. You are sincerely the best rock band in the history of the world. All of your solo efforts and reincarnations of the group are awesome too.

Your music has inspired billions of people. Each one of you is still a fan inside. You loved Elton John, Aerosmith, Queen, Kiss, The Misfits, ELO and more. Please remember how great it feels to see your favorite band play.

We beg you to pick up the phone, grab your instruments, drag Izzy to Cleveland and play together.

You can make music history. Please do it. Give us one more memory. We deserve it.

We will continue to support you no matter what, but at the end of each concert Axl tells the crowd to "Not take ... from anyone." And that means ANYONE!

Sincerely,

Worldwide Guns N' Roses Fans."

And to this point: The one reason that I am going to Cleveland this weekend is not to savor in some polite accolade or because an award show is that important to me. I am going because I have realized how important this is all to those many, many fans that supported us and believed in us, and showed up for us in droves.

Music is not like sports, and hence, a Hall of Fame in music is almost a false pedestal to sit upon. There are no statistics in music and art. No band or artist is "better" than another. Music comes from a primal place. Thin air. Dreams. And a lot of really hard damn work.

No one worked harder than us back then, and we were very fortunate to have met each other in those dirty back alleys of Hollywood sometime in 1984. We meshed and wrote, created thunder and beauty, and parlayed our real-life experience into an album that somehow related to a whole angsty world that felt just like us right then and there. It was a brilliant time.

I, too, now hope that we can just play a couple of songs there, and just sort of throw the microphone down on the stage and walk off. The rock-and-roll world would be set ablaze once again ... and we could make a bunch of fans happy and sated to some degree.

But alas, I am only responsible for me, and can only speak for me. I have forgiven and forgotten. I have grown up and manned up. Part of me growing has been to realize I am powerless over others.

This whole deal, I hope, goes off without a hitch. I do hope we can achieve some grace in our acceptance. And I hope this grace, is enough, in the end, for the best rock and roll fans in the world. The Guns N' (f---ing) Roses fans.

-- Duff

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/thelife/music/news/story?id=7799013
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 01:40:46 AM by lynn1961 » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2012, 01:38:09 AM »

Slash & Steven Adler interview about Axl's letter regarding the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame - Golden Gods Awards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu_ymCQAHk

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2012, 01:53:52 AM »

Well, Steven's disgusted - Dee can say he's disgusted, but he can't.  I like Dee's reaction!  He's absolutely right! "It's crap...just put this stuff aside for an event like that, for the recognition like that, to do the cool thing, and respect for what you guys have done -  I think it's totally screwed up!"   

I'm not putting you down for posting it, don't get me wrong at all, because it's not meant to be like that, but what Snider said put it in a "nutshell".   
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2012, 05:44:59 AM »

Well, that's that then...

Fuck 'Em All.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2012, 09:39:50 AM »

Steven Adler asked if there will be fallout from his comments about the current band:

AXL ROSE ON WHY HE WON'T BE AT GUNS N' ROSES ROCK HALL, ADLER COMMENT FALLOUT?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYJEO_8j-II

overmatik
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2012, 10:24:26 AM »

The original members should perform with Myles Kennedy. We already know he can sing GNR songs.

If Izzy is not going then I would also like that to happen. But man, if Izzy went it would be great.  Undecided
overmatik
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2012, 10:29:03 AM »

Now that is a sane letter. Duff has become the most sincere, honest and down to earth guy among all involved. So now we have Slash, Duff, Steven and Matt confirmed. Now if Gilby goes...
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2012, 12:47:01 PM »

Ok this is the BEST THING - by FAR - I have read about the whole situation. I love Duff!  love

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2012, 02:48:07 PM »

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/reverb/2012/04/izzy_stradlin_rock_hall_of_fa.php

Duff McKagan
Izzy Stradlin Asked Me to Release This Statement Re: the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
By Duff McKagan Fri., Apr. 13 2012 at 11:14 AM
Categories: Duff McKagan

Izzy asked me to do him a favor and sort of get this out for him. Izzy don't Tweet, etc.

Thanks.

Duff

Izzy's Statement:

I have waited up to this point to see what would become of the GNR induction into RRHOF. I would like to say THANK YOU and GRACIAS to RRHOF for the acknowledgement of our works over the years as a band. BIG THANKS to all my bandmates who helped get us to where we are today. And, of course, THANK YOU to all of the people on this planet (including, but not limited to, the entire universe and beyond, etc., etc., etc.) who have supported Guns N' Roses from day one. Adios, Amigos!

Izzy Stradlin

LONG LIVE ROCK N ROLL!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2012, 03:19:24 PM »

Very cool, and unexpected, to hear from Izzy. Cool

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: