Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 07:22:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228147 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Former members talking about the RRHOF
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Former members talking about the RRHOF  (Read 36090 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2012, 04:16:23 PM »

AP Interview: Slash mum on Guns N' Roses reunion

Mar 13, 2012

LONDON (AP) - Will Guns N' Roses reunite for their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?

Behind his dark glasses, hat and big hair, the group's former guitarist Slash is staying noncommittal on the subject.

The million-selling hard rock group enters the Rock Hall in Cleveland on April 14, an event at which honored acts often perform as part of the celebration. But the group's original lineup fell apart in 1996, so fans hoping to see the band reunite may be disappointed.

"It's definitely an honor and I have no idea what's going to happen on that day," Slash told The Associated Press in an interview. "It's more like going into it with blinders on and just see what happens."

http://www.wnem.com/story/17147548/guns-n-roses-riff-threatens-rock-hall-reunion

Here's the full video interview:

Guns N' Roses to Reunite at Roll Hall Induction?

Mar 14, 2012 by AssociatedPress

Legendary guitarist Slash talks about the upcoming induction of Guns N' Roses into the Rock Hall of Fame, which marks 25 years since the band's first album, 'Appetite For Destruction.' (March 14)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vzOzJKeWMs

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2012, 05:09:27 PM »

if you claim you have no idea what's going on, you can't get blamed for shit. it is a pretty smart move.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2012, 03:40:54 PM »

SLASH 'Would Love To Play' With Classic GUNS N' ROSES Lineup At ROCK HALL Induction - Mar. 27, 2012

Former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash spoke to Loudwire about the band's upcoming induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.

Slash told Loudwire, "I would love to play. It's just, one of those things where I know that it's not going to happen, so? I just did an interview and said, 'I don't think we're playing.' [Laughs]. I mean I think it would be cool to play, but very early on when the whole thing came up, it became apparent that it wasn't going to happen ? and you know, that doesn't surprise me. We've been at odds for? well, not at odds, but we just haven't had any sort of communication in a long time so? that's basically it. That's all I can tell you."

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=171854

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2012, 02:21:41 AM »

And they should play. 
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2012, 02:50:18 AM »

I wonder which one of them is bringing their respective instrument. What people tend to forget is that even if they wanted to "get up and play" it doesn't work like that. I wish Rock N' Roll could still be that spontaneous. But the fact is the people putting this event together would need to know. Each person would have to bring their rig ; at the very least soundcheck, etc. Not to mention I'm not even sure how the hell it would work as far as their agents/managers agreeing to it as well? Or if they have to?

everything from this point on is my own opinion, wishful as it is

It seems that Axl is far from the days of calling Slash a "cancer" and seems to be at a great point in his career. Him recounting that story means at least a bit, in my mind.

Slash has expressed interest in playing. When you're the main component of why people want a reunion saying things like "I'd love to play" will have people who want to make that happen calling each other.

Duff and Izzy have shared the stage with Axl already. Izzy is just a completely enigma, no one knows. Matt is ready to play, Steven is obviously as well.

If any type of activity ever happened between the original line-up I imagine Izzy to be the kinda guy who would rather do a one-off show at an event like this, than a show anywhere else.

So it comes down to if Axl wants to do it or not. I also think that the current members of GN'R realize that "Guns N' Roses 86-94" is getting inducted, and they respect that. If anything I think watching Axl play with them would make them happy for him!

I've been discussing the 2012 Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame since I was in 7th grade. To be honest, if they could just get on stage as a unit and thank everyone that would be enough for me. I don't care if Slash and Axl can't get along musically but it does somewhat bother me that two people that shared so much of their life and success with each other can be so at odds. So just to get up there and say to the fans, to everyone who helped us, to everyone who put us here, we thank you.

Of course then they could get on stage and do Jungle/Nightrain/Paradise.....  hihi peace
overmatik
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2012, 01:03:13 PM »

What a ridiculous soap-opera. I mean, go there and get ready to play "It's so Easy" and "Dust N'Bones". Steven plays the first and Matt the second one. If Axl shows up, great, if not, then Duff can sing It's so Easy, the song is his by the way.

The four guys not playing because of Axl is ridiculous!  rant
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2012, 01:38:08 PM »

Question is do they jeopardize the billions of dollars they've been offered to do a full fledge reunion for 1 nite at the hall of fame and not 1 penny
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2012, 01:45:09 PM »

Unfortunately GNR's induction has become a punch line, more of a devisive force than anything else.

It's just silly and unprofessional, embarrassing...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2012, 09:05:50 PM »

I know Axl and Slash have a hard time working "Creatively:

but this is just playing.. and Axl said a while back they never had a problem playing live cause band always let him play whatever he wanted.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2012, 12:03:21 PM »

It would be so awesome to see them play for one night....

-  A Sad Fan

Fuck 'Em All.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2012, 02:21:04 PM »

It would be so awesome to see them play for one night....

For sure, although accepting the award in a dignified manner together may be a long shot at this point.

I've never bought the "Undermining of whatever whomever's doing now and moving forward" line of horseshit,
it's has nothing to do with that.

It seems most of those who use that line of thinking in hopes they don't take the stage in any form that night use that to fit their own agenda. 

As the Kinks so aptly put, "Paranoia will destroy ya".

« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 02:26:52 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2012, 02:49:19 PM »

What do you know about dignified?

We got a couple of former members who've been talking about the event nonstop since it was announced.

The same ones who've been talking about GN'R ever since they were out of the band. And may I add, not supportive things either.

What's so "dignified" about being "forced" to stand on a stage with people and put on a fake smile for the cameras?

We don't even know if all those inducted are interested in attending the event!

I don't know if this honor means so much to some fans because it's an achievement or if it's because they think GN'R will reunite because of it.

Dignified...  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2012, 02:59:13 PM »

For sure, although accepting the award in a dignified manner together may be a long shot at this point.

Yeah, Duff keeps saying he hopes for some "grace."  But that's not going to happen if Steven Adler goes off on one of his rants, or if Slash points out that Matt shouldn't be there.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2012, 03:35:28 PM »

What do you know about dignified?

Apparently quite a bit more than Popcorn flapping his gums, and yourself?

What do you Jarmo feel would be the best case scenario for the event to play out?

We got a couple of former members who've been talking about the event nonstop since it was announced.

Uh, I realize that - and some of it is embarrassing.

The same ones who've been talking about GN'R ever since they were out of the band. And may I add, not supportive things either.

See Popcorn blast above.

What's so "dignified" about being "forced" to stand on a stage with people and put on a fake smile for the cameras?

Who said anything about "forced"?

Who's holding a gun to anyone's involved head?

And hoping for those in attendance to not do anything stupid (Popcorn) is asking too much?

I don't know if this honor means so much to some fans because it's an achievement or if it's because they think GN'R will reunite because of it.

And I don't know if this honor threatens some fans because it poses the possibility of a reunion which anyone in their right mind knows isn't going to happen.

Dignified...  Roll Eyes

Ya, dignified. Roll Eyes

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2012, 04:09:08 PM »

Who said anything about "forced"?

Who's holding a gun to anyone's involved head?

Well the way I see it. They got the honor and then people like you are making comments about how it should be dignified and so on. As well as others going on and on about a reunion.

So it's not like somebody woke up and thought a reunion would be a good idea. The idea came from the establishment, the RNRHOF.

And hoping for those in attendance to not do anything stupid (Popcorn) is asking too much?

Don't get your hopes up.  hihi

And I don't know if this honor threatens some fans because it poses the possibility of a reunion which anyone in their right mind knows isn't going to happen.

The possibility is always there. Not really a threat.

If certain member(s) decide not to attend. Is that dignified?

Personally I think the people involved can decide what they think is right.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2012, 05:04:23 PM »

More from Steven Adler.  Nothing really new, he just repeats his plea again -- "I just want to be able to have the five of us perform for the people...it's only a rock n roll band."

STEVEN ADLER Talks New Band, GN'R's ROCK HALL Induction In New Audio Interview - Apr. 1, 2012

In part 4: http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=172071

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2012, 05:35:14 PM »

Well the way I see it. They got the honor and then people like you are making comments about how it should be dignified and so on. As well as others going on and on about a reunion.

And let's not forget the people who view this honor and if it's played out a certain way as some sort of "disrespectful" act - those who would absolutely scream bloody murder if they did get up and play a song or 2.

Don't get your hopes up.  hihi

They're not, anything that gives Adler the opportunity to be Adler is cringeworthy.

The possibility is always there. Not really a threat.

The possiblity will always be there as long as they're all still alive, this honor just amplifies the notion for those
who crave a reunion and those who are scared to death of it.

If certain member(s) decide not to attend. Is that dignified?

If anyone involved isn't comfortable attending that's their prerogative. 

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2012, 05:40:18 PM »

I agree with falcon. Anyone not wanting a performance of the original band is probably somebody that strongly dislikes the idea of Slash being on stage with Axl for fear of the fall out. Izzy, Duff, Adler, the opposition is fine with that. It's all about Slash, and now, it's down to Axl, for Slash is all in. If Izzy doesn't show, put Matt on rhythm, or let Slash handle all the guitars.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2012, 05:54:45 PM »

I agree with falcon. Anyone not wanting a performance of the original band is probably somebody that strongly dislikes the idea of Slash being on stage with Axl for fear of the fall out. Izzy, Duff, Adler, the opposition is fine with that. It's all about Slash, and now, it's down to Axl, for Slash is all in. If Izzy doesn't show, put Matt on rhythm, or let Slash handle all the guitars.

Or just dislikes the idea of a reunion for the sake of some award? Or just dislikes the idea of somebody dictating who should do what with who and where?

There's many ways to see the other side.

Now you're talking about a reunion without all the members? WTF? If Izzy isn't there, it's not a reunion.
Sounds like somebody is desperate to see Axl and Slash on stage together. The rest doesn't seem to matter.

In case you forgot, seven people got inducted. And you can't have a reunion of the AFD 5 without one of them.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 06:01:25 PM by jarmo » Logged

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2012, 06:14:16 PM »

Jarmo, it's just a performance. Nothing more, nothing less. These guys are performers, it's what they do. I want this night to be a celebration for GNR and it's fans, not an evening filled with controversy and anger. That would be bad. The focus needs to be about Guns N' Roses and the music they created. Not, "Axl hates slash so he won't perform".
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: