Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 06:55:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228143 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Former members talking about the RRHOF
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Former members talking about the RRHOF  (Read 36054 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: February 18, 2012, 05:28:38 PM »

Slash was interviewed yesterday by Mike Jones @ Baltimore's DC 101.  Here's some of what he said...

DC 101: Let's talk Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame dude. Congratulations.

Slash: Thank you, thank you. Yeah, it's pretty cool. It was very flattering to get that initial phone call saying that we were nominated...that was like the biggest news right there...and then when we actually got inducted...for the first call cause I didn't know if we were going to get inducted right away. So yeah, I'm pretty stoked.

DC 101: Is there any truth to this - all five of you guys, are you going to be there?

Slash: I know that there's a lot of rumor about it, as always when it comes to GN'R., out there on the internet and stuff. But as it stands right this second, I have no idea what's going on.

Full audio interview: http://www.dc101.com/pages/MikeJones.html?article=9777537

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 11:27:22 AM »

I suppose that's one of the challenges with this...communication.

If they're just accepting the award that's one thing, but it any/all are performing it's another.  I guess manager talking to manager.

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 11:41:33 AM »

Duff needs to kind of step up and take the lead on this.

We know he is on speaking terms with Axl and Slash, and is level headed enough to have the conversation with both of them about what they want to do.

He has said he is going to be there (I am pretty sure) so he should maybe be a little pro-active in trying to cut out all the drama with middle men and just go right to the source and get this thing worked out.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 03:39:15 PM »

Even if Slash and Axl had communicated, Slash isn't gonna let people know

He is playing Coy for a reason.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 03:40:03 PM »

We know he is on speaking terms with Axl and Slash, and is level headed enough to have the conversation with both of them about what they want to do.

He has said he is going to be there (I am pretty sure) so he should maybe be a little pro-active in trying to cut out all the drama with middle men and just go right to the source and get this thing worked out.

I think Duff opening those shows Def left plenty of time for this discussion. I think it was a way for Axl to send a feeler out about Slash's mindset. Subject had to come up.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 05:33:55 PM »

As intriguing as this whole RNRHOF saga is the (over)analysis is getting a bit silly.

Put any personal shit aside for an evening and enjoy the moment for what it is, an honor for past accomplishments - not an advertisement for whatever whomever is doing now.

Get up, play a couple tunes with the 7 guys being inducted and move on from there.

No big deal if reunion speculation heightens, as long as the guys are still alive, it'll always be there - so what if the spotlight gets a little brighter for a night?

I mean seriously, does anyone in their right mind think think all involved (beyond Adler) would acquiesce to the others idiosyncrasies over any long term period?

Not a chance - they all seem to be very content in what each is doing professionally now on each of their own terms.

If it truly is "for the fans" - they'll do something special - if only for a song or 2.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 05:35:30 PM »

I think Duff opening those shows Def left plenty of time for this discussion. I think it was a way for Axl to send a feeler out about Slash's mindset. Subject had to come up.
You think Duff opening shows for GN'R was about Axl finding out about Slash's mindset for a reunion? Are you serious?

Ali
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2012, 06:53:40 PM »

Even if Slash and Axl had communicated, Slash isn't gonna let people know

He is playing Coy for a reason.

I didn't get the impression from the interview that Slash and Axl had communicated.  I think Slash is unclear what's going on at this point.

It's @3:48 on the podcast:

http://www.dc101.com/player/?station=WWDC-FM&program_name=podcast&program_id=mikejones.xml&mid=21830519

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2012, 07:00:29 PM »

You think Duff opening shows for GN'R was about Axl finding out about Slash's mindset for a reunion? Are you serious?

Ali

not the sole reason but Duff is the clear bridge between the two.. so to say the subject never came up for me is hard to believe

gnr2k6
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 02:19:53 AM »

Ali

not the sole reason but Duff is the clear bridge between the two.. so to say the subject never came up for me is hard to believe

How sadly mistaken you are. If only you knew what someone like duff does backstage before a show.
What even makes you think duff is even interested in talking about slash to axl?
just because you heard an interview dont try to act like you can work out whats going on  behind the scenes, because you cant.
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 03:04:39 AM »

How sadly mistaken you are. If only you knew what someone like duff does backstage before a show.
What even makes you think duff is even interested in talking about slash to axl?
just because you heard an interview dont try to act like you can work out whats going on  behind the scenes, because you cant.

pretty sure D has read more than 1 interview and while you might have a point about 'behind the scenes' and never being really sure - in the past, many times, we on the boards have put together the pieces correctly and been vindicated - using combined knowledge of GnR history and the hundreds of sources each of us has read and working out whats going on behind the scenes. so no need to be a douche

I've thought about that D but to be honest, I'm sure its a very very awkward topic and I'm sure Duff is treading carefully. Also based on what Duff has said I don't think they've talked all that much, definitely not at length except that first night. I think the Slash issue is probably a massive elephant in the room, perhaps skirted around but not directly addressed. IDK if they've talked and if he's being coy - i defs got a bit of that vibe, although as Funky said he did sound fairly un-keen to talk about it and genuinely clueless in this interview. so idk.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2012, 05:18:14 AM »

He's never actually straight up said it, but I've always figured that part of the reason the band stopped being fun for Duff is that he'd just started to get his shit together, and suddenly he was the one expecting to be the middle-man between Axl and Slash. I don't think he has any intention of taking up that role again, which is why he's stated that he's going to be there, but he can't speak for anybody else, and it's not his responsibility to make sure everyone turns up.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2012, 12:11:52 PM »

He's never actually straight up said it, but I've always figured that part of the reason the band stopped being fun for Duff is that he'd just started to get his shit together, and suddenly he was the one expecting to be the middle-man between Axl and Slash. I don't think he has any intention of taking up that role again, which is why he's stated that he's going to be there, but he can't speak for anybody else, and it's not his responsibility to make sure everyone turns up.

I do remember Duff saying that in interviews...that he got put in the middle, by management if I remember.

And I agree, I don't think he wants to be in the middle of this. Smiley

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2012, 06:21:52 PM »

Exactly.

I would hope to the two main characters in this drama would have the common fuckin' sense to work a mutually agreeable acceptance/performance scenario without having to resort to using Duff as some sort of go-between.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2012, 07:02:02 PM »

The band should just rehearse the songs and if Axl won't play them, let the band play them as instrumentals with no singer. By the 2nd verse the crowd will be singing the lyrics anyway!
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2012, 09:21:29 PM »

I don't care about them playing honestly. If the "chemistry' isn't there, it just isn't there. All I would like to see is the original band on stage together to give a speech,each individually. I would love for the the new-GNR to be on the stage as well, but to be honest the guys in the band right now are so beyond humble that I could see them giving the stage to the guys from AFD/UYI, just out of respect. Imagine a picture of the entire GN'R with an award, I think that would be nice.
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2012, 10:13:51 PM »

I actually think it would be silly if they played for the RNRHOF, especially considering the offers they have gotten to reunite.  No way they are giving it away for free like that! (I wouldn't.)
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2012, 10:14:51 AM »

Exactly.

I would hope to the two main characters in this drama would have the common fuckin' sense to work a mutually agreeable acceptance/performance scenario without having to resort to using Duff as some sort of go-between.

Amen to that.  Sad reality in life is that the one guy in a group that can relate to others in a rational way is the one that gets treated like a ping-pong ball.  If there's one thing Duff has learned, it's to stay out of that fire. 
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2012, 03:26:23 PM »

SLASH Has 'No Idea' If Entire Original GUNS N' ROSES Lineup Will Be At ROCK HALL Induction - Feb. 21, 2012

During a February 17 interview with Mike Jones of the Washington D.C. radio station DC101, legendary guitarist Slash (VELVET REVOLVER, ex-GUNS N' ROSES) was asked if there was any truth to the reports that all all five original members of GUNS N' ROSES will be present when the group is inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame in Cleveland on April 14. "I know that there's a lot of rumor about it, as always when it comes to GN'R, out there on the Internet and stuff," he replied. "But as it stands right this second, I have no idea what's going on." (Listen to audio of Slash's response below.)

GUNS N' ROSES keyboardist Dizzy Reed told Billboard last week that the entire original band will be present at the Rock Hall induction. Reed revealed, "I know that all the original band is going to be there. I don't know exactly what's going to go down. It's one of those things I'm sure will all come together and be really cool. I'm just going to go in with a good attitude and a clear head and a grateful heart."

Although Rose has made his peace with various members of the group over the years, including McKagan, Stradlin and Adler, there doesn't seem to be any change in his non-friendly stance toward Slash.

Slash, McKagan, Sorum and Adler have all expressed uncertainty about the possibility of a reunion at the ceremony.

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=170067

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2012, 08:54:53 PM »

Point I am making is:

Axl brings up Slash unprovoked in interviews: LA Times, that story to the fan

so to say he and Duff didn't at least discuss it any whatsoever is hard for me to believe.

No one is gonna confirm what is possibly being talked about cause they aren't gonna blow it by opening their mouth

so maybe Slash has no idea.. maybe they are planning set list as we speak

either way, no one is gonna admit it to the public and risk fucking it all up.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: