Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 07:42:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228561 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Duff McKagan, Matt Sorum To Join "'Rock 'N' Roll Allstars" Tour
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff McKagan, Matt Sorum To Join "'Rock 'N' Roll Allstars" Tour  (Read 21633 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: February 12, 2012, 01:16:15 PM »

GENE SIMMONS To Tour South America With Titans Of Rock Company

February 10, 2012

‎'Titans of Rock' includes Duff McKagan (Guns N? Roses), Joe Elliot (Def Leppard), Gilby Clark (Guns N? Roses), Ed Roland (Collective Soul), Steve Stevens (Billy Idol), Glenn Hughes (Deep Purple), Matt Sorum (Guns N? Roses), Jason Newsted (Metallica), Sebastian Bach (Skid Row) and Vince Neil (M?tley Cr?e) and Gene Simmons...

And here are the "Titans of Rock" tour dates:

4/19-Lima, Peru, 4/21-Sao Luis, Brazil, 4/22-Sao Paulo, Brazil, 4/24- Paraguay, 4/26- Buenos Aires, Argentina, 4/28- Santiago Chile, 4/30- Guatemala city, Guatemala, 5/2- San Jose, Costa Rica

From Steve Stevens on Facebook, thanks to overmatik

« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 09:22:14 AM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 07:14:11 PM »

What is this, a band?
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 09:01:55 PM »

Damn, arriving in Costa Rica the day after they play.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 12:30:27 AM »

Im going  ok
StoneTempleRoses
Rocker

Axl Was Here

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 12:45:29 AM »

WTF are these people going to do on stage lol the band is huge.

Johnny Rattlesnake
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 10:42:55 AM »

Gene Simmons is embarking on a small meet and greet tour of a few selected dates in South America this April. The tour is called "Titans of Rock".

Fans will have a chance to purchase three different meet and greet packages to meet Gene and purchase his newly designed "Monster" basses.

For more information visit www.gsaxemexico.com.

Here are the tourdates:

-April 19: Lima, Peru - Explanada Monumental
-April 22: Sao Paolo, Brasil - Credit Card Hall
-April 24: Paraguay - Jockey Stadium
-April 26: Buenos Aires, Argentina - Estadio Malvinas
-April 28: Santiago, Chile - Movistar Arena

http://www.kissopolis.com/2012/02/gene-simmons-titans-of-rock-tour-dates.html

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 05:32:01 AM »

It's just meet and greets? What the fuck is the point of that? I hate it when people charge you to meet them.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 09:19:49 AM »

I don't think it's just meet and greets.

DUFF MCKAGAN, JASON NEWSTED, VINCE NEIL + MORE SET FOR ?TITANS OF ROCK? TOUR

Some of the biggest names in rock will converge on South America for the ?Titans of Rock? tour. Among those already confirmed as part of the all-star lineup are Duff McKagan, Jason Newsted and Vince Neil.

While further details are scarce at this time, the performances will most likely be a ?jam session? format similar to that of Camp Freddy ? a collective of established musicians that occasionally perform covers with guest members like Slash and Jerry Cantrell, in addition to the core lineup that also includes Matt Sorum.  In other words, don?t be surprised to hear selections from the members? discographies as well as rock staples from Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, etc.

http://loudwire.com/duff-mckagan-jason-newsted-vince-neil-titans-of-rock-tour/

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 09:23:10 AM »

New name, info.:

'Rock 'N' Roll Allstars' Tour To Be Officially Announced This Thursday - Feb. 26, 2012

Comprised of musicians from some of the biggest bands in recent rock history, the Rock 'N' Roll Allstars is a live show unlike any before. Bandmembers include:

* Gene Simmons (KISS)
* Joe Elliott (DEF LEPPARD)
* Matt Sorum (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES)
* Duff McKagan (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES)
* Gilby Clarke (GUNS N' ROSES, ROCK STAR SUPERNOVA)
* Glenn Hughes (BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION, DEEP PURPLE, BLACK SABBATH)
* Ed Roland (COLLECTIVE SOUL)
* Sebastian Bach (SKID ROW)
* Steve Stevens (BILLY IDOL)
* Mike Inez (ALICE IN CHAINS)
* Billy Duffy (THE CULT)

Despite the fact that he was previously announced as one of the musicians taking part in the Rock 'N' Roll Allstars tour, former METALLICA and VOIVOD bassist Jason Newsted will **NOT** be making an appearance at the event.

Promoter Gabe Reed will host a press conference to officially announce the Rock 'N' Roll Allstars tour of South and Central America in April/May 2012 on Thursday, March 1 at 12:00 p.m. PST at The Roxy Theatre in West Hollywood, California. Also expected to attend the press conference are Simmons, Sorum, McKagan, Clarke, Bach and Hughes, among others. (**Important**: This event is open to members of the media only.)

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=170288

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 10:02:24 AM »

DUFF MCKAGAN, MATT SORUM, GENE SIMMONS Attend 'Rock 'N' Roll Allstars' Press Conference - Mar. 1, 2012

Comprised of musicians from some of the biggest bands in recent rock history, the Rock 'N' Roll Allstars is a live show unlike any before. Bandmembers include:

* Gene Simmons (KISS)

* Billy Duffy (THE CULT)

Promoter Gabe Reed hosted a press conference earlier today (Thursday, March 1) at The Roxy Theatre in West Hollywood, California to officially announce the Rock 'N' Roll Allstars tour of South and Central America in April/May 2012. Also attending the press conference were Simmons, Sorum, McKagan, Clarke, Bach and Hughes, among others.

Commented Bach: "For me to be the singer in Gene Simmons' first-EVER side project is amazing to me! Dreams come true, indeed. If you would have told me when I was a boy that some day Gene Simmons, Glenn Hughes and myself would be in a band together, my reply would have been, No, we will not,' and I would have been wrong, haha!! See you soon Central and South America!! We are gonna rock the best of KISS, DEEP PURPLE, GUNS N' ROSES, SKID ROW and DEF LEPPARD! See you soon on tour!!!"

Check out several photos from today's press conference below.

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=170524

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 08:27:45 PM »

Press conference footage here:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xp6jtb_the-rock-n-roll-all-stars-press-conference-part-1_music

Glenn Hughes will be handling vox on The Cult tunes, whew....not The Savage Animal. ok

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 08:38:24 PM »

DUFF MCKAGAN, MATT SORUM, GENE SIMMONS Attend 'Rock 'N' Roll Allstars' Press Conference - Mar. 1, 2012

* Gene Simmons (KISS)

* Billy Duffy (THE CULT)

Promoter Gabe Reed hosted a press conference earlier today (Thursday, March 1) at The Roxy Theatre in West Hollywood, California to officially announce the Rock 'N' Roll Allstars tour of South and Central America in April/May 2012. Also attending the press conference were Simmons, Sorum, McKagan, Clarke, Bach and Hughes, among others.

Commented Bach: "For me to be the singer in Gene Simmons' first-EVER side project is amazing to me! Dreams come true, indeed. If you would have told me when I was a boy that some day Gene Simmons, Glenn Hughes and myself would be in a band together, my reply would have been, No, we will not,' and I would have been wrong, haha!! See you soon Central and South America!! We are gonna rock the best of KISS, DEEP PURPLE, GUNS N' ROSES, SKID ROW and DEF LEPPARD! See you soon on tour!!!"

Check out several photos from today's press conference below.

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=170524

Sebastian Bach should sing Paradise City for one of the Guns N' Roses songs. He did a fine job back in 2006, at the second Wembley Arena show when he took over from Axl...

Savage Animal ROCKS!!!... Cool
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2012, 11:16:41 AM »

Part 2

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xp6uev_the-rock-n-roll-all-stars-press-conference-part-2_music

I'm fairly sure Matt wants to backhand The Savage Animal about 2 minutes in on this part..

"Baz, shut up and sing your hit - "I Remember You"

Hysterical.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 07:05:11 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2012, 02:19:00 PM »

Part 2

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xp6uev_the-rock-n-roll-all-stars-press-conference-part-2_music

I'm fairly sure Matt wants to backhand The Savage Animal about in on this part..

"Baz, shut up and sing your hit - "I Remember You"

Hysterical.

Wow, Baz sang abit of Sweet Child O' Mine.....and then I Remember You. And I have to say, it seemed to go down really well with all the people in the room...

I love Sebastian, a sound guy who doesn't take himself too seriously. And why, life is too short, have fun do what you love and don't listen to anyone else....Baz is amazing.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2012, 02:24:20 PM »

Baz is amazing.

In the immortal words of Patrick Swayze's character "Dalton" in the the classic movie "Roadhouse":

"Opinions vary..."

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2012, 02:39:54 PM »

Press conference part 3 and an interview with Sebastian.

Here: http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=170596

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2012, 02:44:42 PM »

Glenn Hughes will be handling vox on The Cult tunes, whew....not The Savage Animal. ok

The tour hasn't start yet, so I wouldn't be so sure.

Once Sebastian and Billy get to South America, and bond in their flip flops, I wouldn't be surprised to see them together on stage.

Now, if I can just figure out how to make a request. hihi

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2012, 03:12:46 PM »

The tour hasn't start yet, so I wouldn't be so sure.

Once Sebastian and Billy get to South America, and bond in their flip flops, I wouldn't be surprised to see them together on stage.

Now, if I can just figure out how to make a request. hihi

On stage together may happen, I'm resigned to that as a probability.

The Savage Animal singing a Cult song? 

How dare you speak/request of such heresy!! no

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2012, 04:15:28 PM »

First, I'll have to decide which Cult song would do Sebastian's voice justice. hihi

And they'll be video:

Glenn Hughes ‏

There will be 44 people ~ Band : crew: film crew: travelling with us on the south:central american tour..a rock n' roll circus for sure...

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2012, 06:03:56 PM »

First, I'll have to decide which Cult song would do Sebastian's voice justice. hihi

Not sure The Savage Animal has the low end to pull off anything remotely acceptable, I shudder to think at him screeching his way through anything in The Cult catalog.

That would be something akin to a cat getting it's tail pulled while scratching it claws on a chalkboard.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: